Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Fibby Boy posted:

So my dream of having Freakazoid may still have some merit?

The wildest dream, but the best dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fibby Boy posted:

So my dream of having Freakazoid may still have some merit?

Only if his super is Cosgrove strolling out and going "Cut that out." then strolling back and your opponent does like a double take and is knocked back. I would pay 20 dollars for this NR.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yardbomb posted:

Talking about very different Red Hoods. The one they're dancing around adding is the Jason Todd version of Red Hood, which is a lot more like a weird Punisher-ish character.

Yeah, this the one:

I'm still iffy on the second leak accuracy, but taking that as base this how I think the final roster would be:

Heroes:

Batgirl
Power Girl
Martian Manhunter
Sub Zero

Villians:

Zod
Scorpion
Lobo
Red Hood

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Commissar Ken posted:

Only if his super is Cosgrove strolling out and going "Cut that out." then strolling back and your opponent does like a double take and is knocked back. I would pay 20 dollars for this NR.

I'll chuck in an additional ten if his clash dialogue is "C'mon, say it" followed by him yelling HUGBEES as he runs in to punch.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Villians:

Zod
Scorpion
Lobo
Red Hood

The issue here is that, bizarrely, Scorpion has already been assigned to the hero side.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The issue here is that, bizarrely, Scorpion has already been assigned to the hero side.

I don't think that would be a problem, when Lobo was first released he was on the hero side too only when Batgirl dropped he was moved to the villian side.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't think that would be a problem, when Lobo was first released he was on the hero side too only when Batgirl dropped he was moved to the villian side.

Classifying some of these guys must be a pain in the rear end. Like Lobo's certainly not a -good- guy, but I can't remember seeing a whole lot that made him a terrible villain either. Then again he's been in so much poo poo that I don't even know what he's currently like so. :v:

Then stuff like Mortal Kombat "canon" is a whole other can of worms.

There we go. I forgot so much of this stuff, need to go back and read through some bits again.
VVVVV

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 21, 2013

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Yardbomb posted:

Classifying some of these guys must be a pain in the rear end. Like Lobo's certainly not a -good- guy, but I can't remember seeing a whole lot that made him a terrible villain either. Then again he's been in so much poo poo that I don't even know what he's currently like so. :v:

Well there is the whole genocide and murderous bounty hunter thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Red Hood isn't a villain either.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Also Red Hood isn't a villain either.

Currently he's an anti-hero (leaning to hero) on his series, but he started being sort of a villian. Either side works for him :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right, but the people (with bad opinions) requesting him for the game who like him so much is because of the anti-hero side.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Red Hood will only be acceptable if there's a 1% chance he'll be brought back to full life after being defeated, due to a pocket universe Superboy punching a wall.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The should flip the script and have Superboy Prime appear as a guest character in the next Mortal Kombat.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
If Superboy Prime exists in this universe he's probably Tom Brady.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gavok did you add MM to your website who's who thing? Also I need a link to that site.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Here's the link to his site:

http://4thletter.net/category/video-games/guide-to-the-injustice-roster/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Right, but the people (with bad opinions) requesting him for the game who like him so much is because of the anti-hero side.

You would've surprised, currently Jason's fabase is divided between the ones that like the new 52 direction for redemption and the ones that think that's lame and want him to go back being a crazy psychotic rear end in a top hat bent on crushing Batman :v:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Well, Scorpion is technically a neutral character, who only fights against the Earthrealm Heroes because of Quan Chi. Really, Sub Zero is more evil as he is technically betraying his home realm due to Shang Tsung hiring the Lin Kuei.

I'm not sure they're going to do more than 2 characters: MM (Hero) and Red Hood (Villain). I mean the 3rd character would be Zatanna (judging by popularity), but then they need another villain and who would that be?

I still think Static Shock would be a pretty cool fighter.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Unbound posted:

Well, Scorpion is technically a neutral character, who only fights against the Earthrealm Heroes because of Quan Chi. Really, Sub Zero is more evil as he is technically betraying his home realm due to Shang Tsung hiring the Lin Kuei.

I still think Static Shock would be a pretty cool fighter.

Sub Zero's been firmly on team good since the first one was killed and became Noon Saibot (why the hell do I still remember this?).

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sub Zero's been firmly on team good since the first one was killed and became Noon Saibot (why the hell do I still remember this?).

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about that, but I also stopped liking Sub Zero after MK1. My only problem if he is in this game, not going to happen, would be if they used his Cyber-Ninja form from MK9. Which was also technically evil for a time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Unbound posted:

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about that, but I also stopped liking Sub Zero after MK1. My only problem if he is in this game, not going to happen, would be if they used his Cyber-Ninja form from MK9. Which was also technically evil for a time.

I can see them using Cyber Sub Zero if only for Boon to tweet 'See guys, Sub Zero isn't on the game Cyber Sub Zero is! :haw:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Houston Injustice Top 8, some pretty good play and Superman gets boo'd after beating Bane, so you know I like it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqZ2M6X18c

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Nothing more fun than mirror matching Superman players in ranked. I just played some guy with something like 800 wins, only 25% losses and he didn't even get a health bar off of me and I was just doing stupid laser poo poo, you think after 1000 matches he'd understand how his own character's laserbeams work.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Houston Injustice Top 8, some pretty good play and Superman gets boo'd after beating Bane, so you know I like it. :)

This Batgirl player is really good and a training partner of that NightmareSF guy from EVO.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The new S.T.A.R.R. missions came out today, can anyone tell me if they came with new icons, profile badges, backgrounds, that kind of thing?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Patch doesn't seem to be up yet on PS3. I'll report back when it is up.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

The new S.T.A.R.R. missions came out today, can anyone tell me if they came with new icons, profile badges, backgrounds, that kind of thing?

They're bugged on PS3. Anyone who bought the season pass can't download the pack because they can't add them to the cart because it's already purchased(???), and they're not showing up in the in-game downloads list. Some people are speculating that this is intentional because XBL was having some issue or other earlier but since you seem to be able to buy them if you didn't already get the season pass, I doubt it. NRS hasn't acknowledged the issue either but hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
They're also bugged on Xbox, I bought the season pass and still has the buck price tag. Goddamit NRS :argh:

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
They're working on the PS3 in-game store now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

naginalJJ posted:

They're working on the PS3 in-game store now.

Any news from people buying it of new portraits, costumes, etc.?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

WNF Injustice: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

KGBAgent185 posted:

Any news from people buying it of new portraits, costumes, etc.?

I didn't see any placeholder stuff in the customize hero card section, so I doubt it. I'm still gonna 3 star them because

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Confirmed: there ain't poo poo besides the missions in this pack.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Instapass.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Well that's lame, like are there actually people begging for more plain old S.T.A.R. Labs?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
WNF grand finals were awesome again, watch this vod:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/435516497?t=05h51m27s

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

quote:

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 2m
RT @colinweaver96 @noobde is there a second season pass EB: Sorry, No Season Pass #2

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
They can make more money that way.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Oh, gently caress that noise. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

kaujot posted:

They can make more money that way.

Well that's a pain in the rear end.

To be perfectly honest though I didn't care about the $5 it saved me, I just liked it saving me the effort of having to go slog through PSN to buy each character. Hop on the game when a new guy's dropped, get the update, done worked out just fine.

• Locked thread