Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I will miss the first part of the show with the end of the Chappelle show and hustling over from Place Des Arts, but this is the closest a CBB show has ever come to Ottawa, so what the heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
It's cool he's doing a show in Canada that isn't in Vancouver, but I'm too far away to go to a Montreal show. I hope he comes to Toronto some day, I'd try and get down to that.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

JFL42 in September would be a good opportunity. Wish the Montreal show had been announced sooner - I'd have planned around it instead of fitting it in.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Man, that live episode....dear crowd, you don't have to WOOHHHHH!!! everything.

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

I love Bob Odenkirk episodes so much, with this one being no exception. He's always on the verge of being a character himself and his mock-disrespect for Daly's royal watcher was probably more amusing than Daly himself.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mt. Modular posted:

I love Bob Odenkirk episodes so much, with this one being no exception. He's always on the verge of being a character himself and his mock-disrespect for Daly's royal watcher was probably more amusing than Daly himself.

"I've actually grown to respect him, greatly, over the last hour.

'Cause you can never shut him up."

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Does anyone remember the name of the Mr. Show "podcast" Bob and David recorded for Earwolf that never got released? I remember it being a clever name but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I never heard about that before. I googled a little and I guess it was going to be called Mr. Blow. What wa the story with it?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

I never heard about that before. I googled a little and I guess it was going to be called Mr. Blow. What wa the story with it?

Episode 168 of CBB has Bob Odenkerk on it, and he plays a few of the sketches they recorded for Mr. Blow. I'm pretty sure he talks about why it didn't go forward, but I don't remember it being a very interesting story. They probably just thought it wasn't very good.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah, he said the other people weren't enthusiastic and it was very meandering and dull.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Andy Daly. drat. The way the backstory of his characters unfolds is loving art. The greatest improviser.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Did Scott say "we'll see you Thursday" just out into the aether or was it to Andy Daly directly? If we get 3 Andy Daly episodes straight I'll just die.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

isnt that right posted:

Did Scott say "we'll see you Thursday" just out into the aether or was it to Andy Daly directly? If we get 3 Andy Daly episodes straight I'll just die.

Tomorrow's ep is Seth Morris and Bill Hader. No Andy Daly. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

How are you :(ing that lineup!!! SETH MORRIS

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I hope he carries on doing the Comedy Bang Bang Weather Report forever, I always find it way too funny.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

A b-b-b-bonus-s-s episode with a Bob Ducca return?! Be still my beating heart!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to the latest episode yet but I really think they've run Bob Ducca into the ground and I kinda wish they'd just let the character die. Hopefully this episode proves me wrong though...

E: Ok the list of superhero names was pretty funny

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 25, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That was some bad would you rather...Real bad.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Eltoasto posted:

That was one of the first times I haven't found something to like about a WYR, but the very end of the podcast redeemed everything.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Got this list from Earwolf's Facebook but I corrected a few of them:

Atticus King: Private Detective, Remington Thunderknife, Omaha Nightblade, Langston Devereau, Hank Marlboro, Channing Merchandise, Dave Navarro, Brick Pudding, Sinduko Mamajeloko, Driscol Mayweather, Devon Motorcycle, Paunch Gigabyte, Daschel Permanente, Rodrigo Bloodharvest, Chaz Steadyfist, Victoria Slash, Larchmont Van Dyke, Paul Workswellwithothers, Maddox Goodtry, Michelle Potential, Norse Raegan, Logan Helpful, Hug Niceman, Detective Frank Shark, Havercamp Shatterdome, Deitrich OBGYN, Darius Rucker, Imelda Cherry, Victor Winning, Dolours Price, Lance Corporal Scott Bukakke, Stephen Truthchurch, Vido Breach, Frank Ocean, Margarette Crossfit, Dominic Assange, Nova Prime, Omar Thoroughgood, Magnus Crotchee the 3rd, Gabe Halliburton, Clutch Blackwater, The Honorable Teddy Scar, Beaumont Harddrive, Arlo Crimejustice, Hammel Cannon and Righteous Sebastian.

anotherone fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 26, 2013

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

anotherone posted:

Atticus King: Private Detective, Remington Thunderknife, Omaha Nightblade, Langston Devereau, Hank Marlboro, Channing Merchandise, Dave Navarro, Brick Pudding, Sinduko Mamajeloko, Driscol Mayweather, Devon Motorcycle, Paunch Gigabyte, Daschel Permanente, Rodrigo Bloodharvest, Chaz Steadyfist, Victoria Slash, Larchmont Van Dyke, Paul Workswellwithothers, Maddox Goodtry, Michelle Potential, Norse Raegan, Logan Helpful, Hug Niceman, Detective Frank Shark, Havercamp Shaderdome, Deitrich OBGYN, Darius Rucker, Imelda Cherry, Victor Winning, Dolours Price, Lance Corporal Scott Bukakke, Stephen Truthchurch, Vido Breach, Frank Ocean, Margarette Crossfit, Dominic Assarnge, Nova Prime, Omar Thoroughgood, Magnus Crotchee the 3rd, Gabe Halliburton, Clutch Blackwater, The Honorable Teddy Scar, Beaumont Harddrive, Arlo Crimejustice, Hammel Cannon and Righteous Sebastian.

Mods please rename me to that.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
:eng101: Havercamp Shatterdome and Dominic Assange

I was hoping Kevin gently caress would be in that list. Also glad to hear a shout out to Affirmation Nation.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I actually found it fitting and relatively funny for the two of them to be awful at WYR. Bob asking to hear the rules while Scott was in the middle of explaining them got a good chuckle out of me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't listened to the latest episode yet but I really think they've run Bob Ducca into the ground and I kinda wish they'd just let the character die. Hopefully this episode proves me wrong though...

E: Ok the list of superhero names was pretty funny

A year (two?) ago when Bob was on all the time I probably would have agreed with you, and I think Seth Morris would have as well since he stopped doing the character for a long time. Now, however, I'm glad to have him back.

Now if only we could get Lil Gary back...

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Fezz posted:

:eng101: Havercamp Shatterdome and Dominic Assange

I'll give you "Shatterdome" but he clearly said "Assarnge".

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I'm Hug Niceman.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fezz posted:

I was hoping Kevin gently caress would be in that list.

You and me both, chief. Why the hell is that name so funny, and how the hell does it stay funny?

"Lance Corporal Scott Bukakke" and "Detective Frank Shark" killed me. More of the names could have used titles.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 26, 2013

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

JethroMcB posted:

You and me both, chief. Why the hell is that name so funny, and how the hell does it stay funny?

"Lance Corporal Scott Bukakke" and "Detective Frank Shark" killed me. More of the names could have used titles.

On the same note, I lost it at "The Honorable Teddy Scar."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Omaha Nightblade, DAVE NAVARRO!, Paunch Gigabyte

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
So I showed up super early for the live show in Montreal last night, must've read the time wrong. As I am in the lineup, and I don't want to sound like an rear end, here but, I wonder...why am I the basically the only white guy here? I expected a bunch of beards. Turns out I watched some guy from South Africa do an hour on apartheid and jokes about Zambia (he also literally did a "white people walk like THIS bit). The crowd for CBB was just as I expected. Beards and guts.

It was Todd Glass w/ Ronna and Beverly, and a surprise 10 minutes of Andy Kindler in the middle. Definitely had its moments but I left wi a headache from all the yelling.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What was his best apartheid joke?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm guessing it was Trevor Noah? He did a good episode of The Champs where he talked about basically being born an illegal human in South Africa as the ban on mixed-marriages hadn't yet been overturned during Apartheid.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Although JFL also had a dude named Loyiso Gola who hosts their Daily Show equivalent - him or Trevor, also at JFL.

Chappelle let out wickedly late, so I missed the entire CBB show! :(

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm guessing it was Trevor Noah? He did a good episode of The Champs where he talked about basically being born an illegal human in South Africa as the ban on mixed-marriages hadn't yet been overturned during Apartheid.

It was, in fact, Trevor Noah. It was a perfectly fine show for what it was and there was definitely an interesting story in there...but seeing people just dying to a guy making jokes about Soweto is bizarre to this white guy.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Regarding today's episode, I never thought I would tear up from laughing at Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber cursing.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
PFT on particularly good form this episode, but I pretty much always think that, so maybe that's just how great he is. If this episode was actually recorded back when Doug was still saying 'Does anyone hunger for games?', then it must be really, really old (I am aware that CBB is recorded a year in advance). Oh, and I'm sure any Best Show fan was delighted at the mention of the Wawa.

Haha, tweeted Scott a 'tsk tsk' that he didn't give a Comedy Bang Bang Weather Report and he replied in agreement.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 29, 2013

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished up listening to the episode with Dalton Wilcox talking about the ways a cowboy can commit suicide, then grabbed my phone only to find the CNN headline: "Two commuter trains collide head-on in western Switzerland." :stare: Looks like the Cowboy Poet Laureate of the West made his way to Europe..you know, after he survived leaping out of the window.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
Bachelorette is on Netflix, and I watched it last night.

It was not as good as the improvised St. Geegland/Faizon/Caplan version.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pork minstral posted:

Bachelorette is on Netflix, and I watched it last night.

It was not as good as the improvised St. Geegland/Faizon/Caplan version.
Hand me that scooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

Hand me that scooper.

"You're such a ditz dunce."
"You're Dunst."

I could (and have) listen to that episode dozens of times and still laugh. Still waiting for a return performance.