Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a new Bryan and Vinny show up.

They watched the NJPW show. What a world.

Edit: File not found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Bryan has never seen Jaws :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meat Recital posted:

Always remember: Dave is the cool one.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Always remember: Dave is the cool one.

So cool he liked Grown Ups 2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

So cool he liked Grown Ups 2.

He's that loving cool.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arbite posted:

Goddamn, that was a good show but it's the third time I've sent the same question and not had it answered.

Woohoo! It was answered on Sunday's show!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wow no Ten Count? Rest in peace Ten Count? Looks like it, very sad.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Meat Recital posted:

He should check it out, he'd be very impressed by Martin Brody's promos and how much Quint puts the shark over.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tato posted:

He should check it out, he'd be very impressed by Martin Brody's promos and how much Quint puts the shark over.

Quint cuts a hell of a promo there on the boat

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to hear Dave's review of Total Divas

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Valeyard posted:

I can't wait to hear Dave's review of Total Divas

I might actually resub if Bryan and Vinny make this a thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SIkVrhQWk

New OSWReview episode up, and it's a doozy: Wrestlemania IX.

And at the end, they discuss what they're going to do now. They're going to start reviewing actual storylines. The next three episodes are going to chronicle David Arquette's adventures in WCW. So the next episode is a review of Ready to Rumble. Then the episode after that is the episode of Thunder where he wins the belt, and the one after will be a review of Slamboree 2000.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 23, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

I might actually resub if Bryan and Vinny make this a thing.

How likely is it that Bryan's actually forgotten he and Vinny did a Sunday show for like 2 years?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Gaz-L posted:

How likely is it that Bryan's actually forgotten he and Vinny did a Sunday show for like 2 years?

A weekend B&V show is one of those things like a daily Bryan audio update that Bryan promises and then does for a few weeks to a month about once a year.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hey now, that's not fair. the 10 minute daily audio update lasted like two months this time.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Does 3 shows mean the return of shout outs??? I want him to acknowledge my post.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Vinny talking about Regal's lack of enthusiasm was funny, considering he himself has the least enthusiastic presence I've heard on a podcast in a long time.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

VogeGandire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SIkVrhQWk

New OSWReview episode up, and it's a doozy: Wrestlemania IX.

And at the end, they discuss what they're going to do now. They're going to start reviewing actual storylines. The next three episodes are going to chronicle David Arquette's adventures in WCW. So the next episode is a review of Ready to Rumble. Then the episode after that is the episode of Thunder where he wins the belt, and the one after will be a review of Slamboree 2000.

Man I kind of wish they had just continued doing WWF PPV's, or just switched to WCW to carry on the Hulkamania era (You could argue that would take them right into TNA as well). However, "Doink Brah, You're making kids cry Brah" will never not be funny to me.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
On today's Observer Radio, Bryan and Dave read a few of the #AskDixie tweets.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Steve Austin's Scott Hall interview was great, great stuff.

Perigryn posted:

Kind of a stilted bit that didn't really work I thought.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yep, listened to the Scott Hall interview today and it was shocking hearing how sharp and intelligent he is. Austin's podcast has quickly become my favorite wrestling related one.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Perigryn posted:

The Heyman one made me laugh too.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave comparing himself to a guy who uses a vacation to watch 9 iPPV in 11 days. :allears:

"I did that a couple of times."
"You went TO JAPAN!"

Sunday: Trying to find hope for Neville in WWE, Bryan and Vinnie look for a main eventer who can't talk.

Wednesday: Lance Storm says Neville is the NXT guy most eager for his advice.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Sunday: Trying to find hope for Neville in WWE, Bryan and Vinnie look for a main eventer who can't talk.
The Undertaker, Rey, Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, Kane

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Wednesday: Lance Storm says Neville is the NXT guy most eager for his advice.

The only thing I remember from that Paul London meets Raven shoot interview thing for Highspots. Was Raven of all people talking about giving then PAC about his promos. Which Raven thought was his only stumbling block to him becoming a major star.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

New episode of Attitude Era Podcast: Mayhem in Manchester

With special guest intro.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Holy poo poo, I stop keeping up with Colt for awhile and he gets Ted DiBiase, Dave Meltzer, Prince Devitt, Dan Severn, Barry Darsow, and Honky Tonk. Holy poo poo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Halloween Jack posted:

Holy poo poo, I stop keeping up with Colt for awhile and he gets Ted DiBiase, Dave Meltzer, Prince Devitt, Dan Severn, Barry Darsow, and Honky Tonk. Holy poo poo.

The only ones I haven't listened to out of those were the Devitt and Severn ones, but I can say that the rest of them are definitely worth a listen. All of the older guys really get into a good "storytelling" mode, and Colt manages to strike a fine line between "respectful younger guy eager to learn" and "guy just hanging out and shooting the poo poo with a friend". :)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I really enjoyed Adam Carolla on the Steve Austin show, I listened to Adam's podcast for a couple months when it first started(and many years of Loveline before that) but haven't listened to it in years now. I knew his podcast was doing well, it's fun hearing about his story, I knew some of the stuff he said but there was some new stories in there and I really enjoyed hearing about his Groundlings experiences.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Dave comparing himself to a guy who uses a vacation to watch 9 iPPV in 11 days. :allears:

"I did that a couple of times."
"You went TO JAPAN!"

Dave was in rare form that entire show I thought.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I loved Dave's robo-chuckle at the #AskDixie stuff.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I really enjoyed Adam Carolla on the Steve Austin show, I listened to Adam's podcast for a couple months when it first started(and many years of Loveline before that) but haven't listened to it in years now. I knew his podcast was doing well, it's fun hearing about his story, I knew some of the stuff he said but there was some new stories in there and I really enjoyed hearing about his Groundlings experiences.

Adam Carolla is a sexist, a racist, a homophobe, a transphobe and general piece of trash. I love Steve Austin's podcast but I have no interest in listening to this one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cardboard Box posted:

Adam Carolla is a sexist, a racist, a homophobe, a transphobe and general piece of trash. I love Steve Austin's podcast but I have no interest in listening to this one.

Adam Carolla is always an instant delete for me every time his name pops up in my podcast feed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

Yep, I don't know any of the details but I just naturally assume every major name in radio/podcasting is a piece of poo poo. I've been kinda falling out of love with Austin's podcast lately anyway, it's been getting a bit too much flag-waving U-S-A! U-S-A! poo poo for me to be comfortable listening to.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

njsykora posted:

Yep, I don't know any of the details but I just naturally assume every major name in radio/podcasting is a piece of poo poo. I've been kinda falling out of love with Austin's podcast lately anyway, it's been getting a bit too much flag-waving U-S-A! U-S-A! poo poo for me to be comfortable listening to.

Breaking point for me was when he opened up a show with a like five minute rant about flag burning, as if it was or ever has been anything worth caring about.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Karmine posted:

Breaking point for me was when he opened up a show with a like five minute rant about flag burning, as if it was or ever has been anything worth caring about.

It wasn't even flag burning, it was someone stepping on a flag.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DrVenkman posted:

Man I kind of wish they had just continued doing WWF PPV's, or just switched to WCW to carry on the Hulkamania era (You could argue that would take them right into TNA as well). However, "Doink Brah, You're making kids cry Brah" will never not be funny to me.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't go to WMX at least because that takes you through the "Death" of Hulkamania and Bret and Shawn's start to the top.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm not sure about going over storylines instead of just going PPV-to-PPV. Time will tell.

ACS
Apr 30, 2009
Has anyone listened to the Mohr Stories episode with Steve Austin? Did Austin really say wetback? Did I hear that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure about going over storylines instead of just going PPV-to-PPV. Time will tell.

It could work if they do the whole show for each 'stage' of the story, kind of an interesting snapshot of what was going on around the angle.

• Locked thread