Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
I'm trying to find the name of a rap song with a chorus that says "third eye poo poo" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

Travic posted:

I'm trying to remember a song. I think it's by Prodigy. It starts with just a repeating bass line. Something like bum bum bum bu-bum bum bum bum.

Maybe No Good (Start The Dance) or Invaders Must Die?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Travic posted:

I'm trying to remember a song. I think it's by Prodigy. It starts with just a repeating bass line. Something like bum bum bum bu-bum bum bum bum.

Could it be "Mindfields"? That and "Invaders Must Die" are the only two Prodigy songs I can think of that start with a lone bass line. Neither really fits that rhythm though.

edit: semi-beat, left the tab open too long

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Sorry it's not those. :(

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Travic posted:

Weird, you perfectly described the main bassline of Invaders Must Die, if not the intro part. I guess I'll go listen to all the Prodigy albums and get back to you.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Was at Taco Cabana (I'm not proud, I was hungry) and caught the tail-end of a song on their stereo. It was from the 80s most likely, at least partly electronic drums, probably a bit gated, reggae backbeat, and the outro was a synth solo. Any thoughts? I know this one's pretty vague.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Travic posted:

Can you remember anything else about it? Depending on how you interpret "bass" and the bum bum bum stuff, it could be like, 20 songs of theirs. Poison, You'll Be Under My Wheels or Smack My Bitch Up maybe?

THE JORY
Jul 28, 2012

Travic posted:

Breathe?
Can anyone tell me what song plays in this video? It's beautifully compliments the heroic Hulk Hogans protecting America.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So this might be farfetched, and not even a real song, but I'm sure I've heard it somewhere else, and not just in this classic Winnie The Pooh parody from 1999.

The lyrics goes "Yak's blood, yak's blood, holy, holy yak's blood" or something like that, but when I google it, the only thing that shows up is that video and sites where people think about it.

Is it a real song, or just something they came up with when they made the parody? I've been wondering for 14 years …

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Datasmurf posted:

So this might be farfetched, and not even a real song, but I'm sure I've heard it somewhere else, and not just in this classic Winnie The Pooh parody from 1999.

The lyrics goes "Yak's blood, yak's blood, holy, holy yak's blood" or something like that, but when I google it, the only thing that shows up is that video and sites where people think about it.

Is it a real song, or just something they came up with when they made the parody? I've been wondering for 14 years …

http://youtu.be/cn73Wtem0No?t=2m18s

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Thank you!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Travic posted:

Are you thinking of the Foo Fighters' remake of Cream's "I Feel Free"?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

about_face posted:

I'm trying to find the name of a rap song with a chorus that says "third eye poo poo" or something.

Joey Bada$$ - Day In The Life?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
I think he might be talking about the Underachievers, who released one of the best mixtapes recently and say that like every other line.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

THE JORY posted:

Breathe?
Can anyone tell me what song plays in this video? It's beautifully compliments the heroic Hulk Hogans protecting America.

That's not it, but that is a good song and now it's stuck in my head :). When I get my beat back I'll record it or something. Make things a lot easier. Looking through Prodigy songs on Youtube it really does seem that that beat or something similar is the bread and butter of most of their songs.

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?
Can anyone help me identify the particular remix of the song at 1:00 in this video?

I understand that the song is "I remember" by Deadmau5, but I can't find the particular remix used here.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Bent Wookiee posted:

Can anyone help me identify the particular remix of the song at 1:00 in this video?

I understand that the song is "I remember" by Deadmau5, but I can't find the particular remix used here.

Sounds like they're using the DJ Hero mix.

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?

Erebus posted:

Sounds like they're using the DJ Hero mix.

This is indeed it. I wasn't listening closely enough and thought there were differences. Thanks!

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Here's what the beat sounds like: https://soundcloud.com/jeff-sargent-4/unknown-song

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Radiohead - National Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02PhHaeRG4

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
That's it. I remember now. I found that song and the "related" videos led me to a bunch of Prodigy songs. I guess l linked the wrong band in my head. Thank you muchly. As a bonus I got find a bunch of Prodigy songs I was also looking for. :)

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

More of a help me identify where I can get it thing. Xinlisupreme once had an album (Neinfuturer) for free download off their website. I can no longer find it anywhere.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'm trying to remember some beat, I think it was called the ____ break. I saw a video on how often it's used in songs. I literally can't stop hearing it and it's annoying the poo poo out of me (both because it's used so much and I can't remember it).

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

The Amen Break?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

I heard a song at a bar, and I'm hoping someone here can help. It sounded like it was the Rolling Stones, and it had the Be My Baby beat, to the point where I thought it was some alternate take of Just Like Honey until I heard (probably?) Mick Jagger. Does such a song exist?

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I went through my collection of about 90 Stones songs, and the closest one I could find to your description is Memo From Turner.

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

nevermind

DrGonzo90
Sep 13, 2010

The Leck posted:

I heard a song at a bar, and I'm hoping someone here can help. It sounded like it was the Rolling Stones, and it had the Be My Baby beat, to the point where I thought it was some alternate take of Just Like Honey until I heard (probably?) Mick Jagger. Does such a song exist?

Maybe its Led Zeppelin?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

This is a dumb request because I don't even like the song, but you know Andrew WK - Party Hard? I've always thought the note or chord progression for the part that goes "we do what we like, and we like what we do!" sounds exactly like something, but I can't think of what it is. But it seems incredibly familiar. Any ideas?

For reference, the bit that starts at 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

e: maybe a commercial? A beer commercial from the 80s? I dunno but it's from something, dammit

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

The Leck posted:

A couple of classic rock songs that came to mind with a similar beat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQ2tO3xMIU Then She Kissed Me - KISS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_brEreGLw Leader of the Pack - Twisted Sister

Neither of them sound particularly like the Rolling Stones but they're also both covers, so maybe it might be worth looking into other versions of them?

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

The Leck posted:

I have no idea, but it sounds like a pretty kick-rear end song.

If it was a newer song, given those allusions, it sounds like something the Brian Jonestown Massacre would do. Not sure which song it might be, though (if it's even them, which it may well not be).

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
Can anyone tell me if the bar music in this advert exists anywhere else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSnt6_6VPc

If not, I'd love to know of some tracks similar as it's for a film project.

hermand fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 5, 2013

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

SkunkDuster posted:

I went through my collection of about 90 Stones songs, and the closest one I could find to your description is Memo From Turner.
A cool song that I'm glad I know about, but sadly not it.

Again, great song, but not it.

SebAndSeb posted:

A couple of classic rock songs that came to mind with a similar beat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQ2tO3xMIU Then She Kissed Me - KISS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_brEreGLw Leader of the Pack - Twisted Sister

Neither of them sound particularly like the Rolling Stones but they're also both covers, so maybe it might be worth looking into other versions of them?
Well, you've sent me off on a really fun youtube trip of covers of Phil Spector songs, but I think I would have recognized it if it were a cover like this.

izationalizer posted:

I have no idea, but it sounds like a pretty kick-rear end song.

If it was a newer song, given those allusions, it sounds like something the Brian Jonestown Massacre would do. Not sure which song it might be, though (if it's even them, which it may well not be).
I'm glad someone else thinks so! Brian Jonestown Massacre is a really good idea too - I actually wouldn't be too surprised if it were them. I do remember also hearing the Reigning Sound played there, so newish cool bands were certainly on the playlist. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

hermand posted:

Can anyone tell me if the bar music in this advert exists anywhere else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSnt6_6VPc

If not, I'd love to know of some tracks similar as it's for a film project.

Sounds a fair bit (but not exactly) like That Old Piano by Chas & Dave. I don't know too much about them but they've certainly got tons of similar tracks. The tune from the ad might be from some alternate version or (more likely) both are based on some traditional chord progression. The Chas & Dave Wikipedia page'll probably be a good starting point for finding the kind of music you're after - rockney / music hall / pub / boogie-woogie stuff.

EDIT: It's also a bit like Ain't No Pleasing You - only mention it because that's one of their bigger hits. Looking into it further, half their other songs sound the bloody same.

Then again, this all might be too British for what you need as the music in the ad also fits with a Blueberry Hill-style rock 'n' roll sound which I guess C&D were influenced by. I'm actually a little perturbed that they came to mind first :confused:.

Tenterhooks fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 7, 2013

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
http://www.wikiupload.com/NFPNQ0QKVVIE2NW

I tried to replicate it as best I could. It's loving catchy and holy poo poo it's just stuck in my head :(

Thanks guys.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Fruit Smoothies posted:

http://www.wikiupload.com/NFPNQ0QKVVIE2NW

I tried to replicate it as best I could. It's loving catchy and holy poo poo it's just stuck in my head :(

Thanks guys.

Dire Straits - Walk of Life.

DiseasedTempest
Oct 9, 2007
A song came out not too long ago (last few months) that I'm trying to get the name of. Unfortunately all I can remember about it is that the singer is male and it also has a bunch of guys chanting in the song (not in English). It's like some alternative song but the lyrics were pretty generic so I don't know any specific lines. Sorry I don't remember more.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6E6tVqOKSb3WK4je23&start=361 (set to start 6 mins in)

I can't make out any lyrics to google, but I know I've heard it before. Thanks in advance.

v Thank you kindly!

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 10, 2013

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

VagueRant posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6E6tVqOKSb3WK4je23&start=361 (set to start 6 mins in)

I can't make out any lyrics to google, but I know I've heard it before. Thanks in advance.
Fire by Kasabian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural Laxative
Aug 20, 2004

Went and saw Elysium today and during the commercials before the movie they had a music video and its driving us crazy what it was. All we can remember about it {was before the movie after all} was that is was a love song, and the singer was wearing a black leather jacket and singing in front of monitors playing footage of couples. I know its not a lot to go on, but figured I'd try a shot in the dark.