Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

njsykora posted:

Tiger Mask and Liger are the new GHC Jr tag champs. That's now 4 tag championships I think held by NJPW guys from outside NJPW itself (CMLL tag titles, GHC tag+jr tag, ROH tag titles).

Iizuka and Yano dropped the GHC heavy tag belts a couple weeks ago to TMDK, but 3's still pretty cool. Liger now has two tag belts with different partners.

It's interesting that NJPW guys seem to be appearing in in NOAH much more than the other way around, although I'm guessing it's because NOAH needs the NJPW guys much more than NJPW would need NOAH's.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Thauros posted:

Iizuka and Yano dropped the GHC heavy tag belts a couple weeks ago to TMDK, but 3's still pretty cool. Liger now has two tag belts with different partners.

It's interesting that NJPW guys seem to be appearing in in NOAH much more than the other way around, although I'm guessing it's because NOAH needs the NJPW guys much more than NJPW would need NOAH's.
There's a couple guys still in NOAH that would be good in New Japan, but I really don't know how likely Okada vs KENTA is going to be. Then again if you told me the second largest promotion in the world was going to have their World Champion compete at DDT Pro I probably wouldn't have believed that either.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Flameingblack posted:

Then again if you told me the second largest promotion in the world was going to have their World Champion compete at DDT Pro I probably wouldn't have believed that either.

About that, DDT being what it is, I would love to see Okada's Rainmaker taken literally, with sprinklers activating either during his entrance or after he hits the lariat. Probably the latter for wrestler/crowd safety.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
KES I think still have the NWA Tag Titles I think.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

KungFu Grip posted:

KES I think still have the NWA Tag Titles I think.

There are NWA tag titles???

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
They did the same invasion story three years ago with Kanemoto as TM's partner. Except NOAH's Jr. division looks even more hosed now.

It's like winning GHC tag gold is a summer job for NJPW veterans.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Archer and DBSjr won the titles off some NWA jobbers back in April, and best as I can tell, haven't defended them once. Though since obviously no at NWA themselves seem to care, why should NJPW bother with mentioning/showing the titles.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

getitoffgetitoff posted:

They're so prestigious I didn't even remember this when I was racking my brains trying to get the right numbers for how many companies have tag titles held by NJPW guys.

Germansimp posted:

Archer and DBSjr won the titles off some NWA jobbers back in April, and best as I can tell, haven't defended them once. Though since obviously no at NWA themselves seem to care, why should NJPW bother with mentioning/showing the titles.

KES did have the belts with them when they came out for that triple threat IWGP tag title match with Yano/Iizuka and Tencozy at Dominion. They just haven't been around since.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this thread is 7 1/2 years old what a relic.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Holy poo poo, you're right. Let's take a look at early pages-

Ditch posted:

Tanahashi has talent but in most cases needs to be carried. I'd honestly say the same thing about Styles because I'm not a fan of spotfests, but in AJ's case at least he has said spotfests. When Tanahashi has an off night he's very bland because his offense isn't particularly great.

I would not expect much for Styles vs Tanahashi.

:allears: Going to spend an afternoon in a wonderful time capsule.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
Holy poo poo, the AJ vs. Tanahashi match was nearly eight years ago? I feel OLD.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonfa posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right. Let's take a look at early pages-

:allears: Going to spend an afternoon in a wonderful time capsule.

On page 2 everyone's talking about a great NOAH show with a (claimed) sellout of the Budokan and how NJPW's imploding and slashing their roster due to budget cuts.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Ditch in 2006 posted:

All Japan is dooooooooomed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There are still people who genuinely believe Tanahashi needs to be carried by the way.

E: Hahaha.

Ditch posted:

Akebono is shockingly good relative to every wrestler bigger/fatter than Vader. He's in NJ because he blows at shootfighting.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 29, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So it wasn't ALL wrong. Just delayed.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I want to see the best of MEN's Teioh, can anyone hook me up? Interpret that as you desire.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Tonfa posted:

I want to see the best of MEN's Teioh, can anyone hook me up? Interpret that as you desire.

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=5246

It's not up for download but it's probably good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That's all newer Men's World stuff from BJW undercards. I like Teioh's role there but it's far from his best work.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Did Teioh has a Gay or Straight I Quit match with Danshoku Dino? That match would probably be the best one if so.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

njsykora posted:

There are still people who genuinely believe Tanahashi needs to be carried by the way.

E: Hahaha.

Bono is awesome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Honestly, from everything I've seen of them in Japan, Teioh was just as integral to Kai En Tai as the other more well known guys. Get a best of Michinoku Pro comp from IVP.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Teioh & Shinobu vs Madoka & Mashimo from 2008 is probably his best non-MPro match I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT89jZHgfRE

But yeah, IVP's 12-Disc 90s MPro set is the best 15 bucks you'll ever spend, even if you've already seen some of the well-known matches. Lucharesu awesomeness overload.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

Bono is awesome.

Dude needs to do something about his knees. He walks, I wince.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

John Cena posted:

this thread is 7 1/2 years old what a relic.
Well this post is funny on a couple of levels:

Ditch posted:

Well as long as it's pro wrestling rather than MMA Saku will be fine. I mean nothing bad ever happens to guys doing worked matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sadly that would likely involve losing some serious weight. Which would kinda kill his defining feature.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Honestly, from everything I've seen of them in Japan, Teioh was just as integral to Kai En Tai as the other more well known guys. Get a best of Michinoku Pro comp from IVP.

Kai En Tai was a machine. All of them contributed and all were awesome.

Although I might be tempted to put extra emphasis on Sho Funaki's rad-as-gently caress striped singlet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Kai En Tai was a machine. All of them contributed and all were awesome.

Although I might be tempted to put extra emphasis on Sho Funaki's rad-as-gently caress striped singlet.

I'm a sucker for the spot where they have a member distract the ref and 3 of the others hold the opponent so Taka or Togo can stand on his back and pose.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I stand by saying that Tanahashi is bland the vast majority of the time and that Akebono is really good by the standards of 400+ pounders. And that All Japan is doomed. I was just ahead of my time.

Thread is not a relic it is an institution :colbert:

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
I've got the NOAH Final Burning in Budokan commercial master set on the way and will be offering 1:1 clones of it. Just started running pre-orders for it, thought I'd mention.

Further information is available here, including the shipping date, match listing, extras, etc:
http://rudoreels.com/shop/product/noah-201...vd9-1-audio-cd/

AtomicDrop
Nov 7, 2011
Hey RudoReels, may I ask why you don't have any Toryumon/Dragon Gate stuff on your website?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As I recall, DG is super litigious about their stuff. As is/was Zero-One.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Five years ago, Gaora Sports Channel filed a copyright takedown claim on my account for posting a nine second clip from the Dragon Gate Infinity TV show of CIMA signing an autograph for ME. It contained zero wrestling content and I posted it because it was a shot of me on Japanese TV, and they still automatically went after it because of the watermark being there.

I suppose it is their right, but the entire US fanbase for Japanese wrestling is built on theft because well...it's not like there's exactly a legitimate way to get much of the Japanese footage outside of Japan itself, is there?

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 30, 2013

AtomicDrop
Nov 7, 2011
Ah, right, I forgot all about Gaora being so strict. Sucks because I really want to see some older Toryumon stuff as I have no way of watching my old tapes.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mutoh's WRESTLE-1 has almost sold out their first (third?) show at Tokyo Dome City Hall (approx 3000 capacity)

AJPW current tour attendance

15.07.2013 Wakabayashi Gymnasium: 490 Fans
17.07.2013 Shinshu Sky Park: 287 Fans
19.07.2013 Higashimachi Prefectural Sports Center: 323 Fans
21.07.2013 Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM #2: 387 Fans
23.07.2013 Takamatsu Symbol Tower Exhibition Space: 127 Fans
24.07.2013 Kochi Sunpia Chres: 327 Fans
25.07.2013 Niihama Business Promotion Center: 271 Fans

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

golden oldies pete posted:

Mutoh's WRESTLE-1 has almost sold out their first (third?) show at Tokyo Dome City Hall (approx 3000 capacity)

jeeeeeezus

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

When is new japan going to run the Bodymaker Coliseum and can they only run that venue in the future

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

oatgan posted:

When is new japan going to run the Bodymaker Coliseum and can they only run that venue in the future

August 4th

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

golden oldies pete posted:

Seriously, how the hell is AJPW alive? Those would be pathetic numbers for ROH. Hell, I know NOAH lost Akiyama, Shiozaki, and a bunch of other vets to them a few months ago and I'm pretty sure from glancing at the numbers in the Observer that they can still average somewhat better crowds.

Would Dragon Gate probably be the 2nd biggest company in Japan at this point? They certainly seem to be the only touring company besides NJPW that's doing fairly well at least.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 30, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Thauros posted:

Seriously, how the hell is AJPW alive? Those would be pathetic numbers for ROH. Hell, I know NOAH lost Akiyama, Shiozaki, and a bunch of other vets to them a few months ago and I'm pretty sure from glancing at the numbers in the Observer that they can still average somewhat better crowds.

Would Dragon Gate probably be the 2nd biggest company in Japan at this point? They certainly seem to be the only touring company besides NJPW that's doing fairly well at least.
Dragon Gate probably draws consistently larger shows because they run bigger places on average, but DDT Pro can draw a hell of a lot when they have a large arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oatgan posted:

Bodymaker is a Japanese sporting goods company, sadly enough. Like a Kirkland brand version of Under Armour.