Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr Confetti posted:

Hey guys! Finally managed to sex Thumper. Female dwarf. Please don't think any less of me :ohdear:

It's not "think less", it's more "pity". Female dwarves are adorable little hellspawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

grack posted:

It's not "think less", it's more "pity". Female dwarves are adorable little hellspawn.

Seriously; I'm pretty sure they'll bring on the next apocalypse but they'll look so loving cute doing it we won't even be able to be mad as we're burning.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Well, she's managed to chew through four chargers so far. Maybe letting her have free roam of the house wasn't too smart.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Confetti posted:

Well, she's managed to chew through four chargers so far. Maybe letting her have free roam of the house wasn't too smart.
I no longer have any corded Playstation controllers for the same reason.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Mr Confetti posted:

Hey guys! Finally managed to sex Thumper. Female dwarf. Please don't think any less of me :ohdear:

Say hello to my female dwarf. Say hello to what's left of my phonebook and coffee table.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

DS at Night posted:

Say hello to my female dwarf. Say hello to what's left of my phonebook and coffee table.

Hahahhahahah that's about right,

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

DS at Night posted:

Hello, my future. Looks like I have quite a bit to look forward to. :downs:

Hana Dammit
Nov 29, 2004

Punch-drunk tears of a clone.
xx

Hana Dammit fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 16, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ok, good. I thought I was hallucinating Harriet stealing my poo poo. Like my remote, or one of my books.

Hana Dammit
Nov 29, 2004

Punch-drunk tears of a clone.
xx

Hana Dammit fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 16, 2017

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Gordon smells lovely, like sweet hay and tea. I think it's just a bunny thing.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
My bunnies smell intoxicating. They have some odd sweet scent to them and after eating fresh herbs they have bunny herb breath.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
This is Thumper.
http://imgur.com/JmFMIqi

And we just got this adorable lop today. Still working on a name for him.
http://i.imgur.com/L75st4a.jpg

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Mr Confetti posted:

This is Thumper.

Holy poo poo those are ridiculously cute bunnies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Confetti posted:

John Rabbit Loppenheimer.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Mr Confetti posted:

Not wishing to turn this into a name-the-bunny thread, but if I had a rabbit that looked like that I would call him Pyon-Pyon.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
On the topic of cats and bunnies, Pepper gets along great with the cats, but the cats don't like her. They don't understand that when Pepper comes charging at them at top speed that she's saying hello in her little paycho way. Both cats work pretty hard to avoid her, they won't even go in her room unless a human is around, and even then they act like they're marching to their death.

Pepper is, for the record, a female dwarf.

(If you know how to make them get along better, I'd love to hear it.)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Bean posted:

There is no way to get a female dwarf to "get along" unless you accept rabbits murdering things as "getting along."

They are tiny bundles of hate and spite wrapped in adorableness to hide their inner evil.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Errant Gin Monks posted:

There is no way to get a female dwarf to "get along" unless you accept rabbits murdering things as "getting along."

They are tiny bundles of hate and spite wrapped in adorableness to hide their inner evil.

I describe Harriet (Who is supposedly a netherland dwarf/lionhead mixture)as 90% fur, 10% unbridled mischief.

She's only bit me twice however. Once I completely understand, I had a younger cousin over who kept screaming and all that freaking her out (Yes, I tried to get him to stop) and she was hiding under a bed, and I tried to coak her out. My own fault there.

Second one I already chronicled in the thread.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bean posted:

On the topic of cats and bunnies, Pepper gets along great with the cats, but the cats don't like her. They don't understand that when Pepper comes charging at them at top speed that she's saying hello in her little paycho way. Both cats work pretty hard to avoid her, they won't even go in her room unless a human is around, and even then they act like they're marching to their death.

(If you know how to make them get along better, I'd love to hear it.)

Chasing is a dominance thing. Once Pepper figures she's made her point she'll stop. If you want to try, put bunny + cat/cats in a room where none can escape.

Just make sure that you can intervene quickly if the cats get mad and start swatting at her.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

bunnyofdoom posted:

I describe Harriet (Who is supposedly a netherland dwarf/lionhead mixture)as 90% fur, 10% unbridled mischief.
On a related note...

We have 2 Netherland Dwarfs. We had 3 but one passed away. Right now they live in a room on giant rubber mats in 2 tied together giant dog playpen fence thingies. Well they stay in there when they arent destroying the house that is.

We went on vacation on Wednesday and my parents were watching our house for us. I guess the rabbits decided it was go time or something. They ripped all their reed mats into pieces, threw about 4 pounds of hay out of their enclosure, ripped their tunnels made of braided reeds apart and scattered them everywhere, did their damnedest to destroy the hay ball they have and tried to chew through their plastic mesh covering the bedding in their litter boxes to dig it all out.

It was like a rabbit hurricane had hit their room. The place was totally trashed. loving rabbits.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Mr Confetti posted:

This is Thumper.

Hey those are super cute but I feel the need to mention that those wood shavings are bad for your bunnies' health. They give rabbits respiratory problems and liver disease.

I strongly recommend something like Carefresh or Yesterday's News which is recycled paper. I'm using something called Back 2 Nature bedding now which is also pellets of recycled paper. Anything that isn't shavings really- but the paper pulp does tend to absorb better and reduces smells better than other bedding.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
A while ago I got the idea to set up Bitsy's area on a sex blanket. It's soft but absorbs any peepee she makes, is easy to throw in the washing machine and dryer, and looks pretty good. It's funny to me that this is the best solution that I have come up with.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

DS at Night posted:

Hey those are super cute but I feel the need to mention that those wood shavings are bad for your bunnies' health. They give rabbits respiratory problems and liver disease.

I strongly recommend something like Carefresh or Yesterday's News which is recycled paper. I'm using something called Back 2 Nature bedding now which is also pellets of recycled paper. Anything that isn't shavings really- but the paper pulp does tend to absorb better and reduces smells better than other bedding.

Aspen shavings are fine. Cedar shavings are not though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

luscious posted:

A while ago I got the idea to set up Bitsy's area on a sex blanket. It's soft but absorbs any peepee she makes, is easy to throw in the washing machine and dryer, and looks pretty good. It's funny to me that this is the best solution that I have come up with.
Just don't think too hard about the fact that you weren't using the sex blanket.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Errant Gin Monks posted:

On a related note...

We have 2 Netherland Dwarfs. We had 3 but one passed away. Right now they live in a room on giant rubber mats in 2 tied together giant dog playpen fence thingies. Well they stay in there when they arent destroying the house that is.

We went on vacation on Wednesday and my parents were watching our house for us. I guess the rabbits decided it was go time or something. They ripped all their reed mats into pieces, threw about 4 pounds of hay out of their enclosure, ripped their tunnels made of braided reeds apart and scattered them everywhere, did their damnedest to destroy the hay ball they have and tried to chew through their plastic mesh covering the bedding in their litter boxes to dig it all out.

It was like a rabbit hurricane had hit their room. The place was totally trashed. loving rabbits.

gently caress you for leaving, is what. :mad:

Bunny vengeance.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Aspen shavings are fine. Cedar shavings are not though.

OK so one of them is bad for your pets and the other one is "god drat this crap has been tracked through every square inch of the house in a matter of hours"

It's worse than the hay. Speaking of which, the other day I found hay in my underwear.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have destroyed more than one vacuum cleaner with a combination of hay and rabbit hair.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Our housekeeper keeps me sane by cleaning up all the stray hay and rabbit crap and hair. If it wasnt for her I would explode. I love my bunnies but jesus how can such small things makes so much of a mess.

I will never know.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

grack posted:

Chasing is a dominance thing. Once Pepper figures she's made her point she'll stop. If you want to try, put bunny + cat/cats in a room where none can escape.

Just make sure that you can intervene quickly if the cats get mad and start swatting at her.

Oh poo poo, the cats would have heart attacks. They're big pussies.

What's funny is that Pepper, dick that she is, is very sweet to humans. She always wants pettings and attention and is as tolerant of being picked up as a rabbit's going to be. She's even nice to the vet. It's just non-human creatures that can go gently caress themselves.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Bean posted:

Oh poo poo, the cats would have heart attacks. They're big pussies.

What's funny is that Pepper, dick that she is, is very sweet to humans. She always wants pettings and attention and is as tolerant of being picked up as a rabbit's going to be. She's even nice to the vet. It's just non-human creatures that can go gently caress themselves.

That's a step up for a dwarf. Normally they hate all living things.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have destroyed more than one vacuum cleaner with a combination of hay and rabbit hair.

I've had to take mine partially apart to clear out hay that had jammed a tube but our vacuum has taken all the fur we throw at it. Just gotta empty the bucket and check the filters now and again.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bean posted:

Well, yeah. All the humans already know she's in charge.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I found out my sister's bun has large stones in his bladder. I don't know much about what exactly the effects of that are on a rabbit. She apparently got a quote for $2500 for an operation which isn't even close to her budget these days.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pseudonordic posted:

I've had to take mine partially apart to clear out hay that had jammed a tube but our vacuum has taken all the fur we throw at it. Just gotta empty the bucket and check the filters now and again.
Unless it all wraps itself around the brush and the belt burns out. I've emptied a few jammed tubes and filters, but I mean it when I say I have destroyed vacuums. As in "smoke is coming out of the vacuum."

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Bitsy came up her ramp and proceeded to sit on my lap while I watched BSG and was mid-post.

I guess it's my birthday so she's trying to celebrate with me?

edit:

luscious fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 1, 2013

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Ella smells like a winter thunderstorm. She lives out in the middle of a florida summer. She's MAGICAL.

She's not a house rabbit per-say, but has the run of the whole 30 by 12 foot patio, and comes inside when we're around to supervise, usually during TV time. She'll come back to living in my room when the weather turns colder, as the humidity could really give her a chill.

It's a good thing Butter didn't eat that weed! I'm not sure if the thc would metabolize at all in his body, but it's not a good thing to give any animal. I'm actually surprised he didn't chow down. Good pot smells like wet hay and a bit like horses to me.

Ella also does not shed much. It's some kind of miracle.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Hana Dammit why didn't you take a picture of Butter's stash? I really want to see it!

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Yep mine also smell great and when I give them mint they have minty fresh breath.

luscious posted:

Bitsy came up her ramp and proceeded to sit on my lap while I watched BSG and was mid-post.

Check for pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

DS at Night posted:

Yep mine also smell great and when I give them mint they have minty fresh breath.

Check for pee.

She just wanted treats :haw: