Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Robert Denby posted:

Biden Has Guy Named Worm Sit In For Him At Cabinet Meeting

“Which one of you guys is Chuck Hagel again? Joe says you’re a loving prick.”

Yeah, nothing else is or will ever be as hilarious as Diamond Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What the hell does she say at the end? Their video player is a little wacky.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah, nothing else is or will ever be as hilarious as Diamond Joe.

Diamond Joe is the main reason I hope Biden becomes President in 2016.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Diamond Joe is the main reason I hope Biden becomes President in 2016.

Poor guy is just too old to bother running. :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
He'll get a secretary job under President Clinton. He won't leave us.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Congress Fiercely Divided Over Completely Blank Bill That Says And Does Nothing

This one is hilarious for how true it is :negative:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

colas posted:

What the hell does she say at the end? Their video player is a little wacky.

If you mean the news anchor, "Every time I hear a story like that, it makes me so glad I'm exempt from the legal system."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's a neat little story that is just good-natured, happy and sweet :3:

Meteorologists Report Sky Just A Little Bluer Today, And It’s Because...

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Jerusalem posted:

Here's a neat little story that is just good-natured, happy and sweet :3:

Meteorologists Report Sky Just A Little Bluer Today, And It’s Because...

This one was really nice. Sometimes I dislike how cynical and angry they've become and I start to really miss the mundane "area man"-style articles they used to do more often.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

TheHan posted:

I think my favorite articles are the ones that are about complete gently caress ups

Or this one about a living quantum gently caress up.

Scientists Baffled by Man's Incredible Ability to gently caress Up Every Time

That one hit way, way too close to home.

Edit: corrected mispelling

Time_pants has a new favorite as of 12:11 on Jul 29, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Time_pants posted:

That one hit way, way too close to home.

Edit: corrected mispelling
Beautiful.

Vatican Quickly Performs Damage Control On Pope’s Tolerant Remarks
Incidentally, this is the first I've heard of this good news.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Husband Experimenting With Open Marriage

I almost thought this one didn't even need an article to accompany the title and picture, until I got to the last line

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
BREAKING: Lovers Lost In Fog

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Robert Denby posted:

Biden Has Guy Named Worm Sit In For Him At Cabinet Meeting

“Which one of you guys is Chuck Hagel again? Joe says you’re a loving prick.”

The guy in the photo looks more like a Spider, or perhaps a Snake, to me.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
As someone who genuinely enjoys going to the movies alone, I can relate to this guy:

loving Loser at Movie All by Himself.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

pkticker posted:

As someone who genuinely enjoys going to the movies alone, I can relate to this guy:

My wife and I just went to see Red 2 on Sunday night and there was only one other person in the theatre, so this was a nice find, thanks.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This belongs in the top ten, good loving god they nailed it so hard.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

This belongs in the top ten, good loving god they nailed it so hard.

As far as literary pastiche, nothing tops Ask An Elderly Black Woman As Depicted By A Sophomore Creative Writing Major.

J Corp
Oct 16, 2006

I risked hypothermia and broken limbs and all I got was this shitty avatar and a severe case of shrinkage
Quiet Loner Really Comes Out Of Shell At Gun Store

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a Creative Writing Major, and this loving hurts.

Not as much as my terrible career prospects and the gnawing feeling that I'm going to die penniless on the streets, but it hurts nonetheless.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pkticker posted:

quote:

“Sometimes I wish that the film that was about to come on the movie screen were one of the ones from the previews; wouldn’t that be cool if that happened once?” the man continued, in what reports indicate could possibly be one of the most utterly pathetic sentences ever uttered by a human being.

gently caress I think I've had this thought before, time to die.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm disappointed in The Onion, it seems way more cutting to point out how ludicrous it is that watching a giant glowing rectangle in silence for two hours is considered a social outing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Actually when you think about it, the article would still be better even with that change.

Watching a giant glowing rectangle in silence for two hours is considered a social outing and he's still by himself.

headrest
May 1, 2009
Yeah. What's the deal with movies, huh gang?

My favorite:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/carpe-diem-says-man-who-spent-previous-day-masturb,2532/

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I'm disappointed in The Onion, it seems way more cutting to point out how ludicrous it is that watching a giant glowing rectangle in silence for two hours is considered a social outing.

I thought that was the joke, the guys not really that pathetic, its a summation of everything that makes people feel weird about going to the movie alone. You#re supposed to have Tatum Girlparts reaction.

Just pointing out "hey, going to the movies isn't really that weird at all" isnt nearly as cutting or funny.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

I really like how this one came after the alone at a movie theater one.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I have the Onion article you've been hoping for right here:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-90-of-waking-hours-spent-staring-at-glowing,2747/

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Dick Van Dyke Finally Confesses To Zodiac Killings

The Onion posted:

While only the first of the notorious cryptograms he coerced newspapers into publishing in 1969 was ever solved, Van Dyke confirmed that his identity would have been revealed had his later clues been deciphered, noting that one of the encrypted messages begins with the words “HI I AM DICK VAN DYKE FROM TV AND FILM I AM THE ZODIAC KILLER.”
This made my goddamn day.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
History Of The Catholic Church’s Views On Homosexuality

quote:

1825: Group of men who abstain from female contact in favor of spending their entire lives in the intimate company of other men once again insist that other people not do that

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Today I was looking at some articles tagged 'music'.

Obama's Embarrassing Ska Album Resurfaces

Staten Island Historians Piece Together Genealogy Of Wu-Tang Clan
As always, the last line.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
They could have gone down a very dark path with this one, but it turned out great.

My Dad Is A Army Guy vs. I Am A Army Guy

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Supreme Court Overturns Bush v. Gore

"Great humility, honor, I'm President," Gore said to a crowd of tourists hastily shuffled into a White House corridor to hear the president deliver his acceptance speech. "Thanks, bye."

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Check out this egg.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was super disappointed when The Onion seemed to go out of print in NYC (and possibly everywhere?) but I have to admit that they're really making the most of the digital medium here.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I was super disappointed when The Onion seemed to go out of print in NYC (and possibly everywhere?) but I have to admit that they're really making the most of the digital medium here.

The Onion is still in print for free in a lot of places - I can get it every day in Chicago.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The Onion is still in print for free in a lot of places - I can get it every day in Chicago.

Also in Madison. They moved to the Midwest a year ago.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

MRC48B posted:

Also in Madison. They moved to the Midwest a year ago.

Publication actually just stopped in Madison - although The Onion was founded by UW-Madison students about 25 years ago :eng101:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Really? crap. I was downtown a few weeks ago and picked up a copy from a paper box. :smith:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They used to be in paper boxes everywhere in NYC, but I haven't able to find a copy in over a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
What are some good classic examples to get an English friend into The Onion? I don't think the Royal Wedding stuff will work, a little too over the top.