Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

It's always teh male athletes. So conceited and entitledd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

I'm totally dumb but that Raiders guy wasn't that bad. I don't know anything about Wilson but his second point seemed fairly valid.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

I'm totally dumb but that Raiders guy wasn't that bad. I don't know anything about Wilson but his second point seemed fairly valid.

I'm totally biased and I think that Raiders guy is a goddamned genius.

HeebHustler
Jan 16, 2007

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

Yeah, that was actually a pretty good post. Probate Blitz tia.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Is it even worth mention PFT comments in here? It's like the Freep of football.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm in love with the image of Matt Flynn having a Dr Doom-esque obsession with outdoing every QB named Wilson but getting shown up at every step.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nilbop posted:

I'm in love with the image of Matt Flynn having a Dr Doom-esque obsession with outdoing every QB named Wilson but getting shown up at every step.

Don't forget that he also has Russell's to show him up as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gendo just tweeted out this lovely ESPN comment on a Titus Young article

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

NFL.com ladies and gents.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm a top freaking commenter for God's sake.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rap posted:

I'm a top freaking commenter for God's sake.

I want to see some team's War Room absoultely divided between two players, so they go to the scouting reports of NFL.com top commenters for their team to break the tie.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

MD2020 posted:

I want to see some team's War Room absoultely divided between two players, so they go to the scouting reports of NFL.com top commenters for their team to break the tie.

This is literally why Tim Tebow was a first round selection.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Sorry to dig this up from the dead, but I saw this comment on an article about the new laws the NC GOP passed and had to share it somewhere.

quote:

"I would agree with that. It helps too when there is no obstacles in the way (Democrats). He's got a pass right now to get nearly everything he wants so these changes have to work because there will be no blaming the left if the new policies fail. Perdue left a mess IMHO, so McCrory has some clean up work to take care of first. profilePanthersFan45"

And there you have the reason the Panthers can't win. They have fans that believe in the "Trickle Down theory". Hiring Cam and expecting the rest of the team to suddenly get richer? It's a great analogy for trickle down. Won't work no matter HOW great the top is if you don't spend the money on the rest of the team to improve them too. Thank goodness you've got NASCAR as a fallback.
Click to view my profileRadioDJ
July 26, 2013 6:05 p.m.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Coincidentally, I read an article about North Carolina passing legislation that will pay money to victims of their forced sterilization program and saw this comment:

Not football related per se, but it fits the image in my mind of the stereotypical Steelers fan. Forced vasectomies don't interfere with lives. WAKE UP PEOPLE

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Don't forget that he also has Russell's to show him up as well.

Not in Oakland.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Corzaa posted:

Not in Oakland.

flynn was jamarcus' backup at lsu hth god bless

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

the NFL loves Jimbo Fisher QBs :D

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

pillsburysoldier posted:

the NFL loves Jimbo Fisher QBs :D

The new Jeff Tedford, hopefully.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The main thread reminded me of Caste Football, and oh what is this? An 11 page thread titled "Riley Cooper"?

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/11429-Riley-Cooper/

I feel like a starving man entering a golden corral.

quote:

But, blacks are more "forgiving" than whites on this issue, because frankly, a good deal of them believe deep down that all whites go around using it behind closed doors and that they are all racist, and where I am from, we do say it quite a bit, although its not thrown around all the time. Probably the same in Florida where Riley is from, or any area where Whites live amongst a bunch of blacks. I remember going to Oregon and saying it and people acted like it was illegal to say and I remember being shocked.

Boy, the NFL just does not want to go over its ridiculously low quota of starting white WRS, does it? First, the Ryan Swope "concussion" during non-contact drills (although he only had a chance to be the 3rd WR), then the mysterious refusal of any team to sign the most talented WR on the market- Austin Collie.

Perhaps Cooper should come out and say his " outburst" was a result of constant racial abuse he has faced from all the African Americans he has played with throughout his career and that all this abuse has broken him down and affected his personal life. Then he could go on to say he has had many hours of counseling due to being constantly made to feel like he is a second class citizen by all these African Americans in the NFL. He could write a book about all the racism against him...I could go on but you get the idea. Play the "poor me" card. It's the only angle he has in my opinion. Screw the NFL and screw a career in the NFL. He would never be treated fairly anyways! Dont count on me to tune into any games this year...I live near Seattle so it wouldn't matter much anyways....lol

I recall a Black lineman admitting on ESPN that he let an "arrogant" White qb get creamed on a passing play because he wanted the other qb to play. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Cheestake teammate not lay a block on a defender on a end a round so that Cooper gets clobbered. Ps this is the funniest controversy about a White using the N word it almost seems scripted

Turns out his anger was directed at a black security guard. Actually, as I noted earlier, the only blacks at a Kenny Chesney concert would likely be paid stadium staff. That could complicate things for him, as the media can really hammer him good -- now he's admitted his "slur" was targeted towards a black man.

Well I just bought a Riley Cooper Jersey. I will look good next to my new Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker jeresy.

Since entering the NFL, Cooper has always been overly-feisty towards Negroes. Remember when he engaged in a “fist fight” with a black defender (Ellis Hobbs, I believe) during a training camp practice session back in 2010? I call certainly recall him viciously “scrapping” with black DB’s during games on several occasions. You know, when he was actually allowed to play under Porky Pig Andy.

If you watch the “damning” video, which was no doubt filmed and cunningly retained (for nearly two months) by some anti-white wretch and intentionally released only hours subsequent to Maclin’s injury…Cooper didn’t use the “Luciferian” verbiage like gangster rappers or in the manner in which Negroes casually address one another. No, if you listen to his pronunciation, he most certainly ended “The Most Hateful Word in Human History” (sic) with an “R” instead of an “A.” The term wasn’t delivered in a playful manner whatsoever, as he was obviously quite angry and wanted to pulverize a group of blacks (supposedly security guards, who were probably annoying him) positioned behind some off-camera fence. That’s why he yelled that he’d be willing to fight “any n-gger here.”

This is the perfect illustration of how nuts this country is. I can't stand it nor wrap my mind around it. No one sees the double standard in this society. When black people say the word its a positive thing - give me a break. NO ONE seemed to care when "creepy rear end cracker" was uttered by Trayvon Martin and his fat friend. It's not racist yet somehow this is.

Its bizarre how this one word has somehow become so taboo. Cultural marxism at its finest.

The NFL claiming to be "diverse and inclusive" ranks as one of the most hypocritical statements of all time, even for our ultra-hypocritical age. The NFL is built and maintained, on the field and off the field (management, ownership and broadcasting) pretty much for two groups only -- jewish males and black males. White men are deliberately kept a minority on and off the field. For example, just about every studio combination I saw on ESPN and the NFL Network yesterday reporting and commenting on Cooper's slur consisted of blacks and Jews with the occasional solemn goy like Matt Millen thrown in for good measure. And the owner and the general manager of Cooper's team just happen to be Jewish. What a coincidence!

As Don mentioned, the term "diversity" has become a joke, a password for the elite. It's used to denote a diametrically opposite reality that only exists in their Hollywood products. The idea that the NFL or NBA is "diverse" or "inclusive" should make every American who has ever watched one of their games laugh hysterically. "Diversity" means, in our Orwellian world, more blacks. Or perhaps in a more obvious sense, less whites.

The sports world now reflects our crumbling society at large. Total systemic corruption. Jews in charge everywhere, but no one is supposed to notice. Blacks continually not meeting the minimal standards of acceptable conduct, but without ever being held accountable. While the monstrous health care industry may be the first facet of our police state to fall, professional sports won't be far behind.

Despite it all, I still fantasize that one day, one of these whites will respond rationally, and go off script. That one of them will simply state clearly what cannot be refuted, no matter how much power and control they have. It's just one more disappointment that Riley Cooper wasn't that player.

I remember reading SI back in the 1990's and Ricky Proehl was basically begging the NFL to the stop the racial abuse/taunting he was getting from black linebackers and DB's. I believe Ed McCaffery also admitted to being constantly racially harassed and wanted the league to step in and stop it....I think in recent years, Peyton Hillis has even openly talked about being racially taunted.

It's an absolute miracle that a group of ex-white players hasn't sued the NFL for allowing such a "hostile working environment".

Feels like I just dunked my whole head into the chocolate wonderfall.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

So is the anti-white conspiracy keeping Austin Collie out of work also responsible for his 200 concussions?

Atomic Spud
Jun 24, 2013

Kalli posted:

Feels like I just dunked my whole head into the chocolate wonderfall.

Why does it have to be a chocolate waterfall? You're in on it aren't you Kalli?!

My favorite part is how the video was "cunningly retained by some anti-white wretch."

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

haljordan posted:

So is the anti-white conspiracy keeping Austin Collie out of work also responsible for his 200 concussions?

Collie is mormon. Is being "part of a cult" better than being black?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
It's not even Christmas, Kalli :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

Sorry to dig this up from the dead, but I saw this comment on an article about the new laws the NC GOP passed and had to share it somewhere.

Sports-comment politics are the worst loving politics.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

Nobody wants to sign Collie because nobody wants to be responsible for his death.

I really like the guy, but even most Colts fans wanted to see him retire. Dude is just prone to concussions, which sucks of course but you've gotta look out for yourself.

And that first post, lol. "I understand why there was an outrage, but why are people upset when I do it?"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

quote:

It's an absolute miracle that a group of ex-white players hasn't sued the NFL for allowing such a "hostile working environment".
How would I go about becoming ex-white? Thanks in advance.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

shiksa posted:

How would I go about becoming ex-white? Thanks in advance.

Like this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

haljordan posted:

You mean "the most talented WR on the market- Austin Collie."

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

haljordan posted:

Nah all those torrid black defenders are

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Febreeze posted:

Nah all those torrid black defenders are
No, it's the anti-white conspiracy. Anytime a white guy steps foot on the football field all the blacks are headhunting for him.

Adrian Peterson got 2000 yards last year. Did any white guys?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Cole posted:

No, it's the anti-white conspiracy. Anytime a white guy steps foot on the football field all the blacks are headhunting for him.

Adrian Peterson got 2000 yards last year. Did any white guys?

A ton of quarterbacks and punters. The last true bastion of the white man

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

A ton of quarterbacks and punters. The last true bastion of the white man

Naturally those insidious blacks left the highest paid and most glorious position to the white man. It deflects criticism from them and allows them to continue their nefarious plans.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Here's a comment from the following article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9531873/riley-cooper-philadelphia-eagles-leaves-team-counseling

A guy from the University of Phoenix posted:

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America.. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.. Jeremiah Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.. Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago. This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!

OK...........will you pass it on?

YES. I did but will you?

Because I'm for a better America.

<RAW>.

I am.

Not racist,

Not violent,

Just not silent anymore.

:barf:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
That post was so foul I had to go crack a beer and sit quietly because I am mad.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Chichevache posted:

That post was so foul I had to go crack a beer and sit quietly because I am mad.

It took me a full minute to realize that the second paragraph was a thing someone actually wrote with apparent sincerity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Edit- thanks awful app for the double post. Though I did have to get a second beer after remembering that someone genuinely defended slavery. Most peckerwoods take the high road- comparatively- and gloss over it.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 3, 2013

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Also, I like how the guy is from the University of Phoenix. I don't know why, but it makes him even more pathetic.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hey, I was born in Johnstown! Incidentally 3 of my cousins went to school on athletic scholarships (football even!) from Johnstown, just not to Ivy League schools so yeah, they are somehow the victims of race.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Hey, I was born in Johnstown! Incidentally 3 of my cousins went to school on athletic scholarships (football even!) from Johnstown, just not to Ivy League schools so yeah, they are somehow the victims of race.

I like the mental image of recruiters going to Compton to recruit black kids for the Harvard football team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Hey a white guy from some school down south was really hooked up in the ghettos of Dade County.

• Locked thread