Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Robert Evans on AoW is absolutely golden.

"So I called for my finisher, the 450 Headbutt..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Also Sting seems to be calling his own portrait out in that poster, much to his giant head's surprise.

Good to see you fellows back this week. Made my last hours of work enjoyable.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

You Punchcast guys are wrong, the person who deserves the TNA Championship is Yoshi Tatsu after WWE buys TNA and turns Impact into WWE Adrenaline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PSP Question: What are some of the most egregious examples of talent coming from another promotion with a huge chip on his shoulder thanks to the previous promotion (For Example: Kurt Angle from WWE to TNA).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
E: Never mind, thought this was the Rasslin' Questions thread for some reason :sweatdrop:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

National Treasure Karl Stern did a review of Dave Meltzer five star matches despite never having seen most of the Japanese stuff. It is glorious.

I am glad I went back to this to hear his run down of five star women's matches.

He's seen one. Maybe.

I will be genuinely sad on August 1st when this marathon ends, it's been really cool to have new Stern every day. The shows have been good and I get to think about his Stern stick.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Robert Evans on AoW is absolutely golden.

"So I called for my finisher, the 450 Headbutt..."

that story was pretty fantastic, and I appreciate Robert Evans even more afterwards. I love Colt's shows, rare is the AoW that doesn't click for me.

also HulkaMatt's laugh is about as good as his choice for opening music on this episode. Love that show.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Catching up with these Steve Austin podcast why am I listening to Stone Cold describe a pedicure he received because he said so

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Speaking of the Austin podcast, the Nash one ended in such a weird way.

They were talking about the curtain call, and Nash went off on a tangent about drug testing. He said something along the lines of "no one back then was doing any steroids, any drugs... we did pills and booze, but you can get those legally. We were tested and we didn't have any of the illegal stuff"

He then immediately shifts gears to talk about Hall pulling out a joint and saying that they should wrestle their last match stoned, as Austin awkwardly tries to move the discussion on.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
can anyone recommend which are the best ones? went straight into the Bret/Shawn ones and enjoyed them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A PSPodcast question, what are the best and worst name/gimmick wrestler ribs, ie. Gillberg, Virgil etc?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

britishbornandbread posted:

can anyone recommend which are the best ones? went straight into the Bret/Shawn ones and enjoyed them.

The Texas road trip one was pretty drat great.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

I enjoyed the Stone Cold Steve Austin Podcast in which Stone Cold Steve Austin interviewed Stone Cold Steve Austin.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'd avoid the Tim White interview, I didn't like it so much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

I'd avoid the Tim White interview, I didn't like it so much.

I liked that one, going into the roles of refs and also Andre stories was pretty good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I am glad I went back to this to hear his run down of five star women's matches.

He's seen one. Maybe.

I listened for forty minutes before I was able to skip to a different F4W show. He basically just read a list of matches involving Japanese or Mexican names and punctuated each match up with "I don't know too much about that one."

God save Karl Stern.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MATT STRIKER on Art of Wrestling.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

DDP is on the Steve Austin Podcast today.

Who will bite the bullet and find out if they tell WCW road stories or if it's the same DDP interview everyone has heard?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Who will bite the bullet and find out if they tell WCW road stories or if it's the same DDP interview everyone has heard?

The first third or so of this one was kind of bland, but after that Austin started getting some old wrestling stories out of DDP, pretty entertaining stuff. My favorite part might have been DDP's awful car ride etiquette.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The337th posted:

The first third or so of this one was kind of bland, but after that Austin started getting some old wrestling stories out of DDP, pretty entertaining stuff. My favorite part might have been DDP's awful car ride etiquette.

Do you think they planned out the interview ahead of time?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

MATT STRIKER on Art of Wrestling.

Did he ask any questions about his dilz pic?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Somebody other than the National Treasure is doing modern reviews of 5 star matches!

Here is Dave's twitter story about The Funks vs. Hansen & Gordy in 1984.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpwvApRdfaU

quote:

I was at this match in Nagoya with 14,999 other people. [link]

Funk is going crazy after, saying he's going to kill Hansen & Brody way deep in the stands running over people left and right.

Totally in the zone, sees me, maniac, "I'll kill you Hansen, I'll kill you Brody," looks at me "I'll see you for dinner."

Later that night I'm at dinner, a bunch of teenage girls come up all excited. Run up to me and show me their hand.

"Dave" is written in magic marker. They grab me and drag me to another restaurant in town where Terry & Dory were.

Keep in mind, Nagoya is not some little town, it's a major city like a Philadelphia.

If you watch the 1983 Funks vs. Gordy & Hansen match, those girls were the Terry Funk cheerleaders crying like crazy at the end.
Terry Funk had a crew of fangirl underlings.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Somebody other than the National Treasure is doing modern reviews of 5 star matches!

in fairness "go find the white dude what looks like this" will still probably work to find somebody outside of like Tokyo. (friends have had packages arrive with nothing more than a name and town, though that's as much small town "everybody knows you" as it is "everybody knows the foreigners"). And funny as it is it's hardly that surprising he had fangirls, though it's awesome they were probably a fairly organized operation because Japan :v:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The Estonian Thunder Frog talks about 'bringing peace' to his sick horse, Carl*, drinking buttermilk, and wielding a 10,000 pound hammer with Danielle Matheson and Robert Newsome

*"I killed the horse!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That is all kinds of amazing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If Terry Funk made that kind of effort to track me down in such a positive way, I could die happy. On the plus side, I have stayed out of jail...

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

This story gets five loving stars.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

DDP rules. As was already said, it starts a bit slow but when the wrestling stories start coming its awesome. Speaking of DDP, it always cracks me up when I hear rear end wipes like Mark Madden call him DDME. A radio dj who also writes a wrestling column for a terrible website is accusing someone of being a self promoter?! And also, DDP is/was a pro wrestler....self promotion is the name of the game! I'll never understand why people bust his balls for promoting his business, especially when said business helps so many people.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

As Mark Madden's most recent hit was a piece that essentially said that TNA owed Jesse Sorenson nothing and shouldn't have even given him a job after his injury, no one should ever listen to anything he says. He has a mandate from wrestlezone to push as many buttons as he can to get page views.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Short episode of SNCJ this week, but we still manage to get off-topic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave Meltzer sez: You're loving dumb.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike seemed so bummed when Dave said he was going to do the G-1 finals show with Bryan.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

And also, DDP is/was a pro wrestler....self promotion is the name of the game! I'll never understand why people bust his balls for promoting his business, especially when said business helps so many people.

Because he tells the exact same stories in the exact same way every time he's interviewed, regardless of what questions he's being asked.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Dave was in great form on this most recent WO episode, check it out.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
No Ten Count this week?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Matt slept through Raw, I was lazy, and…yeah. We'll have something soon, don't worry.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hopefully something soon ~for this week~, that is.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Scott Hall is back on the latest Steve Austin show and it's great. It's very wrestling heavy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Scott Hall is back on the latest Steve Austin show and it's great. It's very wrestling heavy.

Do they talk about their Wrestlemania match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Do they talk about their Wrestlemania match?

I haven't gotten to it yet, but its on the show notes, so I'd assume so.

• Locked thread