Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

If they fit, one idea you might want to consider is gluing four of them together in a square to make rat swarms :D

Pretty sure there are already some rat swarm tiles in the Vampire box?

If you wanted to make a ton, since swarm tiles are relatively low relief, you could get some 30 dollar RTV silicon (50% coupon makes them $15) at Hobby Lobby, make some molds, and cast as many as you wanted with some kind of dental plaster. I think as long as it's privately used you'd be fine legally, just don't go selling them.

I've been thinking of which pieces I might be able to do that to. I already use Hirst Arts molds to make dungeons and such, and have already made a few custom molds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
UGH just got hit by a customs bill of 25 quid to get my Bones. Really kind of annoyed by that...

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

JackMann posted:

They still have the Undertaker pledges to send out (the ones that have actual racking and packaging). Once that's done, they'll allow stores to order it, and about a week after the stores have theirs, they'll start selling on their website.

There's a lot of international shipping still to do before the undertakers (well, they said it would be before). Reaper's communication for the US shipping wasn't too bad, but it's been bloody awful ever since they switched over to doing the rest of the world.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Baby Sathanas posted:

UGH just got hit by a customs bill of 25 quid to get my Bones. Really kind of annoyed by that...

I'd heard that a couple of times. I thought that Reaper were supposed to be covering all the shipping and customs costs, but apparently not for the UK.

Sigh.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

PST posted:

There's a lot of international shipping still to do before the undertakers (well, they said it would be before). Reaper's communication for the US shipping wasn't too bad, but it's been bloody awful ever since they switched over to doing the rest of the world.

Yes, I have still to hear a peep about my order, which sucks now that most people have had theirs for a long time.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

I'd heard that a couple of times. I thought that Reaper were supposed to be covering all the shipping and customs costs, but apparently not for the UK.

Sigh.

Shipping costs yes, customs no. From the FAQ on the Kickstarter page:

quote:

You will be responsible for any customs taxes, duties, and fees on your end. That is out of our control, and we will not mark any shipment in any way that is inconsistent with international law.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Having shipped stuff internationally, I am not even sure there is an effective way for a shipper to pre-pay duties on something, especially not with a single delivery to a residential address.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Paolomania posted:

Working on my rats.

Those are some really pretty rats, well done. Lord knows why you need those many rats (unless you're playing low level Morrowind Characters using miniatures).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those are actually "giant rats". There are stands of rat swarms also, but the rats shown are about half the size of a human.

I could imagine using a pile of them as minions in a D&D encounter with some kind of rat-fiend or rat monster or something.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Wazzu posted:

Those are some really pretty rats, well done. Lord knows why you need those many rats (unless you're playing low level Morrowind Characters using miniatures).

I think their most important purpose is as lab rats for practicing painting techniques. :rimshot:

Those were painted without primer and I did various wash experiments on them. For the next batch I'm going to try some two brush blending experiments.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wazzu posted:

He's planning on running a D&D game based on the Everquest East Commons.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Paolomania posted:

Working on my rats.

As a rat aficionado (the animals in general, not specifically the minis) I wanted to say these look awesome :3:

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Reaper bros, I have a question; what kind of glue works best putting the multi-part models together?

I got my minis yesterday, after spending a couple of hours splitting my group's 3 vampire pledges and addons between us. I've started putting them together; here's a Kaladrax, just chillin' on the table.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Flavivirus posted:

Reaper bros, I have a question; what kind of glue works best putting the multi-part models together?

CA superglue is recommended, I use Zap brand but I'm sure other brands would work just as well.

e: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48668-bones-preparation-glues-putties-mould-lines-etc/

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Bucnasti posted:

CA superglue is recommended, I use Zap brand but I'm sure other brands would work just as well.

e: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48668-bones-preparation-glues-putties-mould-lines-etc/

Cool, thanks for the link. All glued up now, can't wait to start painting!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I got my minis, and after like 2 hours of sorting, I've got them all in their respective groups... except for one:

anyone know what group this one belongs to?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It came with Kaldrax Reborn.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also, that lady needs a nice little boilin' :getin:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Luebbi posted:

anyone know what group this one belongs to?

The way Kaladrax was designed (before the scale mess-up that makes him so massive) she was meant to be reaching up with her hand under his chin. You can see her in the concept art.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fix posted:

It came with Kaldrax Reborn.

poo poo, that's another figure I'm missing. I wasn't sure if she was part if that box or just in the concept art for scale.

Who am I supposed to be emailing about these?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mine wasn't actually in the Kaladrax box, just loose in the larger shipping box.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Fix posted:

Mine wasn't actually in the Kaladrax box, just loose in the larger shipping box.

Likewise.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

Who am I supposed to be emailing about these?

Leperflesh posted:

I sent email to webmaster@reapermini.com and got a response from their customer support (a guy named Kit). I included my original shipping notice for reference.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

So are they basically done with the official campaign, then? Aside from those of you who fell through the cracks or whatever. I'm just wondering if now would be a good time to start addressing FistFace the Frost Giant and Stumps the Handless Giant.

Holy poo poo, this is amazing for the wrong reason.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I really hope they send me a whole new model instead of just the head, I don't really want to give up FistFace.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I really hope they send me a whole new model instead of just the head, I don't really want to give up FistFace.

It's like a fantasy version of a Dick Tracy villain, or maybe The Tick.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's like a fantasy version of a Dick Tracy villain, or maybe The Tick.

If it were The Tick, he'd probably be The Handyman.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
My local gaming store is advertising they just got a shipment of bones, so I guess the undertaker levels are starting to come in.

I backed two Kickstarters last year; the other one was Shadowrun Returns. It's a decent game with a few warts, but it left me hankerin' for some more, actual Shadowrun. So now I'm painting up my NOVA corp dudes to be Renraku Red Samurai.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm a little pissed off that people can now buy these in stores before I've got mine >.< Before mine have even shipped, even.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm a little pissed off that people can now buy these in stores before I've got mine >.< Before mine have even shipped, even.

Same here. Reaper sure dropped the ball on ROW shipping. Still no e-mail.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Mm, they'd made a customer of me for paints until a couple of months ago. At this point, they've basically convinced me to stick to FLGS resellers of GW paints.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Not that it isn't frustrating or that they didn't drop the ball on anything but if you're boycotting poor customer relations by moving from Reaper to GW products then I think you're headed in the wrong direction. :v:

I personally am annoyed for the opposite reason, namely that I have to wait so long to be able to get access to any of the new Bones at retail because I didn't have the $100+ to drop on a gigantic brick of them. I guess I don't have more reason to complain than anyone else, but point is I do wish they were moving faster in general.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Not moving to. Just not moving from. The FLGS that stocks them is on my way home from work, so it's not really any trouble.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Mm, they'd made a customer of me for paints until a couple of months ago. At this point, they've basically convinced me to stick to FLGS resellers of GW paints.
Yeah, maybe I won't go as far as back to GW crap, but next time I want something from them I'll be thinking "yeah, I'd order some minis/paints/whatnot, but I'd like to get in several weeks, not next year". Pity, I like the company otherwise.

I'm wondering if they're having delays on non-Bones shipping or if such delays are a normal practice for ROW.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pierzak posted:

but next time I want something from them I'll be thinking "yeah, I'd order some minis/paints/whatnot, but I'd like to get in several weeks, not next year". Pity, I like the company otherwise.

That's a pretty silly thing to say, because next time you want something from them, you probably won't be pre-back-ordering it through a kickstarter.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Pierzak posted:

Yeah, maybe I won't go as far as back to GW crap, but next time I want something from them I'll be thinking "yeah, I'd order some minis/paints/whatnot, but I'd like to get in several weeks, not next year". Pity, I like the company otherwise.

I'm wondering if they're having delays on non-Bones shipping or if such delays are a normal practice for ROW.

I think expecting the same level of delays and general fuckups from standard retail orders as you experienced from unexpectedly massive record-breaking industry-defining kickstarter projects is not really a good idea. Once the kickstarter madness subsides, ordering minis or paints or whatever from Reaper will be exactly like it was before the kickstarter, which is to say handled very well and with excellent customer service.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Seriously, they handled it pretty well, with good communication, and then suddenly the ticker goes down, shipping slows down enormously, so does communication, and well we're still waiting for any concrete info besides "no we're still shipping". Maybe they just care gently caress all about other countries, how am I supposed to know :confused:

What I meant is that's a huge order for me and also a verification of what I've heard about Reaper (which was good things). Now I have both others' opinions and my actual experience and they are very different. They could show me they're awesome, but they've made me wary.

VVV: Heh, that argument wouldn't fly with us, it's more like "gently caress the Poles, they'll complain about everything anyway" :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 2, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Pretty much that, yeah. They rocketed through the first 16k orders in about a month when they started shipping in earnest, then they got to the last 2000 and just went silent and slow. Now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation, but at the moment, it really feels like 'gently caress all the Brits, they won't complain, we'll leave them til last'.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

How big is the shoggoth? Will it fit on a 40mm base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
On normal online sales, Reaper's got a pretty good reputation. I've never had them take more than two days to get something shipped out, unless I ordered at the start of a long holiday weekend, or in the middle of the Bones madness. They've done international orders for years, and most people report good service. The issues with the ROW shipping is definitely annoying, but it's not their usual MO.

At a guess, they're waiting until they have a solution before talking about the problem. Hanging around their forums, I've gotten a pretty good idea of the sort of people they are, and how they do business. I strongly doubt they've just forgotten about the international orders. I have no doubt that they're working as hard on whatever's holding them up as possible. But they don't like to talk before they feel they're ready. Not that I think this is the best approach. I think they've been too cagey with information like this.

I'd wait until after they've finished fulfillment, then try placing an order. Odds are good they'll be back to business as usual, which generally means quick turn-around times.

• Locked thread