Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I have no idea. I was telling my girlfriend how obscenely expensive official jerseys are and she came up with that site. I'm sure that's not even the strangest one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

McNair and Heap jerseys for $23

$21 for a pink Flacco jersey

It's going to take a lot for me to not at least consider buying these, wow

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Sweeney Tom posted:

McNair and Heap jerseys for $23

$21 for a pink Flacco jersey

It's going to take a lot for me to not at least consider buying these, wow

The real killer is the shipping. But if a bunch of people are interested...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KettleWL posted:

I... uhh what the gently caress. That site has a Colin Cochart jersey. I don't even know who that is, lets look him up!

I think I just found my new favorite jersey ever.

That site's certainly something.

http://www.combatgate.com/Buffalo-Bills-Lee-Evans-83-Authentic-2011-New-White-Jersey-id7885.html

I'm not sure who this is supposed to be but you're sure as hell not getting a Lee Evans jersey.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TubeStank posted:

The real killer is the shipping. But if a bunch of people are interested...
What could go wrong :v:

This picture looked familiar:
http://www.combatgate.com/Nike-Oakland-Raiders-Darren-McFadden-20-Elite-Jersey-WhiteSilver-Letters-id14355.html

Now I remember:
http://www.reebokdepot.org/views/?2012-NEW-NFL-Oakland-Raiders-20-Darren-McFadden-White-Jerseys-Alternate (Elite)-28480.html

(and probably the same pic on every other random Chinese jersey site)

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

shiksa posted:

That site's certainly something.

http://www.combatgate.com/Buffalo-Bills-Lee-Evans-83-Authentic-2011-New-White-Jersey-id7885.html

I'm not sure who this is supposed to be but you're sure as hell not getting a Lee Evans jersey.

They're just doing you a favor, no one really wants a Lee Evans jersey anyways.

Now Colin Cochert, that's a player worth representing.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Christmas-jersey seems to be sacked, that combatgate didn't have much in the way of Lions jerseys outside of the ones I already have. Any other recommended sites?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TubeStank posted:

I have no idea. I was telling my girlfriend how obscenely expensive official jerseys are and she came up with that site. I'm sure that's not even the strangest one.

I still think I like buying the exorbitantly over priced ones once a year instead of buying two or three poor quality ones. I usually try to jag one on ebay cheap too.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
The 2013 Training Camp hats are up. Nothing really special about them, I think they do look better than the ones last year but I still probably won't buy one.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate our new logo so much on hats and shirts.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ehud posted:

It especially looks like something an employee at a beachside resort would have to wear on that hat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Just keep at it. Took me two years but I eventually managed to get a Blake Griffin Sooners jersey. And I've been checking about every week since we signed him for a Yu Darvish Fighters jersey (almost won one but got sniped at the last loving minute :argh:)

or you could, you know, ask somebody who lives in Japan and pay a bit more for the ease of ordering exactly what you want? p.s. I live in Japan.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

I'm much more consistent than you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MissileWaster posted:

The 2013 Training Camp hats are up. Nothing really special about them, I think they do look better than the ones last year but I still probably won't buy one.

They're nothing special, but they're SO much better than the flatbrim bullshit #swag doche lids they have had.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Comfortador posted:

Christmas-jersey seems to be sacked, that combatgate didn't have much in the way of Lions jerseys outside of the ones I already have. Any other recommended sites?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd definitely like to hear any recommendations.

I have ordered from TaraJersey in the past and was really happy with the Reebok Vikings Randy Moss jersey I got, but the lettering on the new Nike ones looks really goofy to me (maybe it's just the angle).

Typically, I'm most worried about the color being right. I've seen tons of fake Vikings jerseys looking blue in sunlight.

A friend of mine just ordered one from Aliexpress, but he can't confirm if the color is spot-on or not. (Doesn't have his authentic right now.)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Comfortador posted:

Check the reebokdepot.org link I posted earlier :ninja: (not sure it's actually them though)

BlindSite posted:

They're nothing special, but they're SO much better than the flatbrim bullshit #swag doche lids they have had.
Talking about flat brims in general or the draft ones?

I got one of the training camp ones on clearance a while back, the curvature on it felt excessive :v:. It keeps its shape pretty well so trying to bend it out a bit doesn't help.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

harperdc posted:

or you could, you know, ask somebody who lives in Japan and pay a bit more for the ease of ordering exactly what you want? p.s. I live in Japan.

I will absolutely take you up on this when I start getting paid at my new job.

BlindSite posted:

japtor posted:

Talking about flat brims in general or the draft ones?

I got one of the training camp ones on clearance a while back, the curvature on it felt excessive :v:. It keeps its shape pretty well so trying to bend it out a bit doesn't help.

These are the 39Thirty hats, the flat brims you're talking about, BlindSite, are the 59Fifty. japtor, the 39Thirty are stretch fit and keep the curve, but the 59Fifty start flat but are meant to be bent (look at how most baseball players have their brims, that's what it's supposed to be like). The training camp hats last year were also 39Thirty, the draft hats were all 59Fifty and the regular season stuff is both (plus the 9whatever, the snapbacks).

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm boring as hell and believe the only good sports hats are ones that are a single solid team color with the logo right in the center and a slight to medium curve on the brim.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

I'm boring as hell and believe the only good sports hats are ones that are a single solid team color with the logo right in the center and a slight to medium curve on the brim.

what about this glorious bastard?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

It's great if you want your hat to look like you spilled ketchup and mustard all over it.

I'm just glad '47 Brand exists for people like me who want a simple hat and don't want to spend years trying to break it in right. I don't miss the days or keeping a brim inside a pint glass to get it to hold a curve.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

It's great if you want your hat to look like you spilled ketchup and mustard all over it.

I'm just glad '47 Brand exists for people like me who want a simple hat and don't want to spend years trying to break it in right. I don't miss the days or keeping a brim inside a pint glass to get it to hold a curve.

god drat if there aren't some awesome designs for hats on amazon. this is truly a great age we live in.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If I was a hipster I'd buy the poo poo out of that hat.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MissileWaster posted:

These are the 39Thirty hats, the flat brims you're talking about, BlindSite, are the 59Fifty. japtor, the 39Thirty are stretch fit and keep the curve, but the 59Fifty start flat but are meant to be bent (look at how most baseball players have their brims, that's what it's supposed to be like). The training camp hats last year were also 39Thirty, the draft hats were all 59Fifty and the regular season stuff is both (plus the 9whatever, the snapbacks).
Yeah I know all that, just not sure if BlindSite was referring to all the 59s/flat brims in general (which ranges from fine to :stare:) or just the first draft cap ones, which were bleh.
I think you meant to link the sharktooth hat :v: (alternatively the big rear end wordmark ones)

CubanMissile posted:

There's a bunch of normal New Era ones that are fine...there's just a bunch of crazy rear end ones too.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So we've seen the new Dolphins uniforms.

My impression is that they're OK but they'd look better if they had more orange and featured the old logo. I've whipped up a quick mock of what I'd like to see on mspaint:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Toussaint Louverture posted:

My impression is that they're OK but they'd look better if they had more orange and featured the old logo. I've whipped up a quick mock of what I'd like to see on mspaint:

I actually kinda liked the new logo in motion. The new helmets are nice. If they had to change the logo they did a decent job, Ehud's bitterness aside. But I agree, more orange is necessary. And eliminate that tramp stamp, ugh.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

After seeing it in motion I'm mostly sold on the new logo. But I agree that more orange would be great, and, as Toussaint tacitly pointed out, the front name is horrible and needs to go back to the old cursive font.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I actually kinda liked the new logo in motion. The new helmets are nice. If they had to change the logo they did a decent job, Ehud's bitterness aside. But I agree, more orange is necessary. And eliminate that tramp stamp, ugh.

But they didn't. I can't wait for the Giants to change their classy lettering to a fat dick knocking down skyscrapers or some poo poo. Ruin all the classics.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Febreeze posted:

But I agree, more orange is necessary.

I'm genuinely curious - save making the whole drat thing orange, where would add orange to the teal jersey? Bump out the lining around the numbers? Maybe an orange color block under the arms like the Broncos?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

My impression is that they're OK but they'd look better if they had more orange and featured the old logo.

Here we go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23481859@N03/sets/72157627994564300/

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nystral posted:

I'm genuinely curious - save making the whole drat thing orange, where would add orange to the teal jersey? Bump out the lining around the numbers? Maybe an orange color block under the arms like the Broncos?

Just orange trim. One of the older variations had an orange stripe on the sleeves and I think it looked good. But I think every team needs striped sleeves, striped sleeves are the best. Outside that, a bit more on the numbers would look nice too. Just enough to make it clear it's not just one color. Orange should be the least used color on the jersey, but it should still have a presence because it is the boldest color. On the Jersey is one thing, but they really messed up by taking it off the pants as much as they did. the orange stripe on the pants looked fantastic, and now it looks like crap.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 5, 2013

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Chimeric posted:

Here we go:

I'm somewhat surprised the Swooshes aren't already that huge.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Bliggers- posted:

I'm somewhat surprised the Swooshes aren't already that huge.

The artist underutilized them compared to the real deal, though.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Just noticed the Chargers changed up their nameplates on their jerseys, god they're so ugly. :stonk:

:barf: that yellow on blue name with white numbers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

squarerandom posted:

Just noticed the Chargers changed up their nameplates on their jerseys, god they're so ugly. :stonk:

:barf: that yellow on blue name with white numbers.

They don't look that bad.

They should either: Color the numbers gold as well so it matches the names

or

leave the names in white and outline it with the powder blue

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

leave the names in white and outline it with the powder blue

This is an interesting idea (I really dislike it as is), can someone mock it up?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

This is an interesting idea (I really dislike it as is), can someone mock it up?
Messy but you get the idea:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
SA2K's other idea, meanwhile. Maybe better Photoshop would make it look better but uh...meh.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Rap posted:

SA2K's other idea, meanwhile. Maybe better Photoshop would make it look better but uh...meh.
Tried that one too, albeit without the yellow outline, but yeah, it didn't look pretty.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

japtor posted:

That looks much better than the yellow lettering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

japtor posted:

Miles better.

• Locked thread