Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
attn DontaskKant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
I blame Jeoh for everything.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Who's the bridge troll on the right? She looks like no person I would ever be interested in a gif, ever.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 2, 2013

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

AmbientParadox posted:

Who's the bridge troll on the right? She looks like no person I would ever be interested in a gif, ever.

A comedian. She's supposed to be oh god I am in way to deep. Seriously Jeoh I blame you for all of this.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The things one note will do.

For the record, I'm more into Turkish and Russian girls (even though my current girlfriend is Chinese).

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Jeoh posted:

The things one note will do.

For the record, I'm more into Turkish and Russian girls (even though my current girlfriend is Chinese).

Would you describe yourself as a man with hoes in different area codes?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
It's all 010 yo.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

THE LUMMOX posted:

A comedian. She's supposed to be oh god I am in way to deep. Seriously Jeoh I blame you for all of this.

See? There are opportunities in Korea for ugly chicks!

Can we get called misogynist again?

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
Blame Bowie: http://youtu.be/E_8IXx4tsus

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
When you live in Korea, you're probably going to date Koreans. This is how I respond to the statement that foreigners want to date Koreans.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

BrainDance posted:

See? There are opportunities in Korea for ugly chicks!

Can we get called misogynist again?

He sighed as he drew his katana...

Yeah, we live in a country with a population being around 48 million I think, with it predominately being Korean to an almost absurd level. While I don't doubt that there are people who are just targeting Korean girls to date, it's reductive to just say that everyone has yellow fever

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004
Yellow fever is a term thrown around to either:
1. Share a laugh about how there are a ton of pretty girls around.
2. Disparage people for not sticking to their own.

While 1 is pretty innocent, 2 obviously isn't, so it's not the best term to actually use in any context.

I don't know why we as a society have decided that it's only slightly impolite to use that term. I personally think it's as offensive as jungle fever.

edit: I guess it's fair to say that there are a category of anime-obsessed dudes who like Asian girls because they perceive them to be submissive sex dolls, but by making it fair to use the term to describe those guys, you open the door to 2.

The Gay Bean fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 3, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

Is this how your camps go? Because this is such a poo poo show.

Mine was at a horse ranch in Gangweon-do where I taught the kids how to make water rockets and little solar powered robots.

Being a science teacher rocks. :coolbert:

BrainDance posted:

I would hope those white dudes arent dating/married to those Korean women just because they're Korean. I'm still dating that girl so, it's not like I'm not in this situation (shes who this conversation was with.)

I asked here because a lot of the people here seem to be very aware of things like this, it's the difference between this thread and the Korean drama and kpop thread.

I dated and married a Korean because strangely, the vast majority of the women here seem to be Korean for some reason.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 3, 2013

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Korea Log:

Day 783

I just realized I am surrounded by Asians. :stare:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

THE LUMMOX posted:

Korea Log:

Day 783

I just realized I am surrounded by Asians. :stare:

Asians! Asians everywhere! :smithicide:?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Arctic Baldwin posted:

He sighed as he drew his katana...

Yeah, we live in a country with a population being around 48 million I think, with it predominately being Korean to an almost absurd level. While I don't doubt that there are people who are just targeting Korean girls to date, it's reductive to just say that everyone has yellow fever

I would never say we (the foreigners in Korea) all fetishize Asian girls, and that's kind of why I asked here. Probably because it gets hard to keep any "omg Asianz so kawaii" stereotypes when you live here and interact with them daily. I think we might on average be a little more self aware and able to talk about the phenomenon ("yellow fever", asian fetish, whatever you call it) though.

Although I have met a few guys here like that, usually very new to Korea and they dont seem to last long. There was the classmate I had I mentioned a little while back who went to China specifically to meet an Asian girl.

I think, back home though it is more of a thing. I'm not talking about white guys coming to Korea who end up dating/marrying Korean girls. Just, back home there are a lot of cases where East Asian girls are going to get way more attention than other girls, and I dont think it has a lot to do with who they are as people but just because they're Asian.

I'm being careful with my words here because I'm really not trying to offend anyone. Of course people in Korea date Korean people, that's not what I'm getting at.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy77IGsBFc

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BrainDance posted:

"Yellow Fever"

Prepare for a stream of conciousness:

I think a contributing factor is the lack of foreigner population. There are enough foreigner women around to know they still exist, but most chances are you are coupled with them or they aint into you because of personality conflicts, type, you work together, or really any number of reasons. So, you end up hooking up with an asian woman. You compare and contrast and try and see why it didn't work out with Mrs Rachel who works in hagwon #349 but it did work out for this tiny asian woman. Well, first big difference is race... that explains dut dut and do... k figured it out. When in reality it's turns out Mrs Kim is all about goofy anime and Mrs Rachel is all about the Social Justice Warrior. Mrs Rachel is 1/5 the white women in your town, Mrs Kim is a fish in the sea.

Of coarse, I'm brown and I found the one black woman on the pennesula and put her on lockdown, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Fake Edit: Just got told my 13 hour shift is done, gonna finish this when I'm not hosed up on 5 Monsters and a secret flask of vodka

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well that's a hell of a post right there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm in Texas and I can't eat Mexican. My own personal hell.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I'm in Texas and I can't eat Mexican. My own personal hell.

TexMex ain't Mexican :colbert:

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Texmex is way better than Mexican.

There should be an achievement system for Korea. I believe I have achieved the greatest possible: marrying a Korean and moving back to America with her.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Aesis posted:

TexMex ain't Mexican :colbert:

It's not like the only thing they got in Texas is Chili's
If there are Mexican people, you can find Mexican food :colbert:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bo-de-gas.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wait, Tre, you got married? When did that happen?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

That's nothing, I married one and drug her back to Sparkling Corea. She thought she could escape to Hawaii!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TreFitty posted:

There should be an achievement system for Korea. I believe I have achieved the greatest possible: marrying a Korean and moving back to America with her.

Looking forward to your divorce implosion posts!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Whoa. Don't be such a dick

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Yeah that was something even I wouldn't say.

Also, FUUUUCCKK YEAH! Indonesian cigarettes in Ansan!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Korea Megathread VI: Beware of the black haired beasts!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bad News Everyone! My phone poo poo itself like it always does so I can't troll the chat with food picks.

And holy poo poo this suburban air is like my lungs are being rubbed down in ky jelly by a tiny angelic circa 1990 Ulma Thurman from the inside.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

When I came out of my class today I thought like there was a building on fire or something.

Nope, just Asian air quality. I need to get far away from any Korean city for a few breaths.

Edit: letting out my inner goth kid, all that delicious loving tar

The irony of this post is not lost on me.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 4, 2013

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I took out my recycling today and it was by far the most humid I've felt it all summer. gently caress summer.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Cameron posted:

I took out my recycling today and it was by far the most humid I've felt it all summer. gently caress summer.

I walked back home for 15 minutes and was full of sweat already. Went to Hangang in the evening and there was breeze at least so it wasn't bad though.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
Just bring back some air, screw my other requests.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TreFitty posted:

The Man Who Escaped.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

How the gently caress is it still getting hotter. The weather widget shows Saturday's temperature with a big red thermometer that is also on fire, with the prediction of 110 F. God drat it go away god drat it stop it god drat it why isn't it September or October or gently caress meeeeeeee

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Goondolances to people that married Koreans and built meaningful lives here, you didn't QUITE achieve enough.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I guess I take back what I said about you guys being self aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This next week is going to be the hottest and most humid of the year, my friend said. I still think this summer was pretty easy. I'd say drat near livable, but call me again in a month and see how I feel.

• Locked thread