Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Since there doesn't seem to be a fallout 3 mod thread...

I decided to go back an play fo3 again with FWE and MMM, unfortunately the game keeps freezing or crashing during character creation. :-/
If anybody has an idea why, that would be helpful.

CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Total active plugins: 12
Total plugins: 26
e:turned out to be a problem with Fo3 and windows 7, not mods.

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booya
Feb 17, 2012
Hey yall, I'm having a problem modding New Vegas, namely I can't get FOMM to start at all. I remember using FOMM with no issues at all last time I played, which was back before OWB and Lonesome Road were released, maybe even before Honest Hearts. I'm on the same computer now that I was back then, I even have some old save files from that playthrough still hanging around, but no luck.

When I try to start it, it gives me csc.exe - Application Error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close a couple times and then gives up and tells me to go to the crash dump, which has this

quote:

System.ArgumentException: The property 'windowPositions' could not be created from it's default value. Error message: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Herb2\AppData\Local\Temp\cicstjju.dll'.
at System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.Deserialize()
at System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.get_PropertyValue()
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at Fomm.Properties.Settings.get_windowPositions()
at Fomm.MainForm..ctor(String fomod)
at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)
Every single time I try to start it, it shows up a different dll made of seemingly nonsense random letters than the last is missing. Googling around, the consensus seems to be that it might have something to do with .net framework, but I've tried reinstalling, repairing, and all kinds of other poo poo and that hasn't resolved the issue. Is this a known problem with FOMM, or am I out of luck?

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Oh brilliant thank you that's the one.

EDIT: Booya are you trying to use FOMM in conjunction with the Nexus mod downloader/manager? Last time I had the game installed I ran into a similar problem, as those two don't play nice.

If you are, try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-xj7IAlak

BigDes fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 3, 2013

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

BigDes posted:

Oh brilliant thank you that's the one.

EDIT: Booya are you trying to use FOMM in conjunction with the Nexus mod downloader/manager? Last time I had the game installed I ran into a similar problem, as those two don't play nice.

If you are, try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-xj7IAlak

Nope, actually wasn't even aware that Nexus had a mod manager! That video reminds me though, I should mention that I have tried running as administrator and that didn't help either.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So I just started modding Fallout, and I'm trying to get The Armory to work. First I need to download the Weapon Animation Replacers http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38527//
And the files for The Commando and The Professional are missing. Does anyone have links to these that I could snag?

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Does The Armory weapons work with WMX?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Delerion posted:

Does The Armory weapons work with WMX?

In my experience they do, but I have heard some people have trouble with it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm having a hang-up whenever I try to transition cells. It doesn't officially crash, but it stops responding. I'm not sure if I have actually changed my mods around since it was last working and I've heard it could be an issue with the Script extender?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Truecon420 posted:

In my experience they do, but I have heard some people have trouble with it.

That would be rather surprising seeing how everything in The Armory was done to be self contained. All of the weapons, all of the weapon modifications for those weapons, etc are all Armory specific. If there's an incompatibility between those two mods, that'd be the first I've heard of it so far.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Hey, is anyone else having trouble downloading poo poo from Nexus? Every file I try comes up with an error. Is there some maintenance thing I'm not aware of, or what's happening? Or what am I doing wrong?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That's probably nexus being nexus. Try it again in a minute or so.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Down With People posted:

Hey, is anyone else having trouble downloading poo poo from Nexus? Every file I try comes up with an error. Is there some maintenance thing I'm not aware of, or what's happening? Or what am I doing wrong?
It's been down for me for the past few hours, too.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's some unholy concoction of server growth problems, them trying to migrate to a cluster which didn't go so well the first attempt, and probably a continuing DDOS.

It works for me but it didn't last week when it worked for other people, so who knows.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mods Reloaded is a decent alternative. Not sure if they're all up to date with their nexus brethren though.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Unintended side effect and compatibility issue of a few mods:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't seen this mentioned here, but it's a small pack of weapons and armor that are supposed to be resources for a new quest/area mod that may or may not be finished. The weapons and armor are actually pretty cool "survivalist" and "scrounger" types, and are more or less dumped in Goodsprings like a lot of other similar mods. Might be worth checking out if you're into that sort of theme, though.

Had this downloaded but haven't gotten around to checking it out. His Courier's Cache mod is quality, though. Voice acting for the quest is a mixed bag (first character's passable, second guy's awful in every way, third character has some genuinely funny lines) but the player house is cool (small and functional with some personality, similar in a lot of ways to the Wasteland Loader Shack, which is easily one of my favorite player home mods for NV) and the gear is all pretty great. The Gunslinger outfit even has a little scripted holster/sling that show up if you have specific weapons in your inventory.

E: I should probably point out that the poncho is from Spice of Life, here's the Gunslinger without it

Horns fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 4, 2013

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dear God do I love this game and its modding sometimes. Most of it, really. I'm going to get a new install put together and I'm trying to figure out the EXACT amount of additional weapons I want. I think Project Nevada's weapons, WMX with MW, AG Supplementary Uniques, and then Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration add just a titch too few! So I'm looking into Reload/Rearm, the STALKER pack, and then ZL Armaments. The SHRAPNEL/Ahztek's mod seems to be a bit too much for me, that's just plain overkill, ditto with The Armory. It's hilarious just how many friggin' weapons have been made or ported over. The game is just a TFRer's sandbox of a wet dream.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The Armory is as many or as little weapons as you want. It's a resource intended for people to make their own esps off of, and it's practically trivial to make your own esps to draw what weapons you want from the ESM. Only laziness prevents most people from doing it, really.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, wow! Gonna go ahead and grab it in order to tinker around with exactly that. I'll look at the leveled lists of other mods to check how to implement the functionality and then do exactly that. Thanks, Naky! As always!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just FYI that Project Nevada adds the Fallout 3 Weapon Restoration mod

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Thanks, I shan't even bother downloading/installing it on top! Some dumb question pertaining to stability of mods: Is there any reason I should avoid, for reasons of crashing or incompatibility or anything else, Monster Mod + Monster Wars, Warzones, Elecro-City, and EVE?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Hey, FNV4GB.exe should start the game, right? I've got fnv4gb installed (after NVSE, which works perfectly); when I try to run fnv4gb.exe it pops a little box up that says "Loading New Vegas," the bar get a quarter way and cuts out.

The game works fine normally, but I'd like to have the 4gb so I can run more (and more complicated) mods.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, it should be starting the game up, and using NVSE if that's there as well.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, it should be starting the game up, and using NVSE if that's there as well.
Yeah, I've followed directions to have FOMM target fnv4gb so I can used NVSE AND 4gb, but 4gb will not start the game. :/

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Apoplexy posted:

Thanks, I shan't even bother downloading/installing it on top! Some dumb question pertaining to stability of mods: Is there any reason I should avoid, for reasons of crashing or incompatibility or anything else, Monster Mod + Monster Wars, Warzones, Elecro-City, and EVE?

Monster mod has a mixed reception. It can go overboard with some of the monster variety and their placement. Last I checked, certain areas are populated with bulletsponge creatures that more or less disrupt the natural flow of the main quest, essentially locking out low level players. Maybe things have changed, but I haven't seen anybody pop up here with positive things to say about the mod.

Electro-city had some issues with a bloated feature list for a while, but it looks like things have been reeled in and it's a decent mod again. It appears to be a good alternative to the "simple street lights" mod which, ironically, was originally an alternative to electro-city when it was really bloated.

EVE was a buggy mess in the past--a legacy of the FO3 equivalent--but it's become a considerably more stable mod in recent releases. Some people still won't touch it, and insist that it's a source of problems for them.

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, I've followed directions to have FOMM target fnv4gb so I can used NVSE AND 4gb, but 4gb will not start the game. :/

Are you on windows 8?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Yes. Windows 8, 16gm RAM, i5-4670k, gtx770.

E: I'm also running the Win8 NVSE that you added in the OP.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 4, 2013

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Electro-city had some issues with a bloated feature list for a while, but it looks like things have been reeled in and it's a decent mod again. It appears to be a good alternative to the "simple street lights" mod which, ironically, was originally an alternative to electro-city when it was really bloated.

Does Electro-city still have demigod engineers randomly throughout the wasteland, or was that one of the curbed features?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hey, I've got a question about Weapon Animation Replacers. I got it working fine (eventually) but I notice they have screenshots of a two handed grip when aiming certain SMGs that I don't have right now (I just have the regular pistol/rifle ones, this applies to the one-handed automatic SMGs.) Does this come with the regular downloads, and if so, how do I activate it after the fact? I installed the mod using that extra download linked in the OP.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 4, 2013

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Okay, so I downloaded the texture pack and Project Nevada and when I launch the game it says that the game isn't installed. Did I do something wrong? I ran the Archive Invalidation tool and that didn't seem to help.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Okay, so I downloaded the texture pack and Project Nevada and when I launch the game it says that the game isn't installed. Did I do something wrong? I ran the Archive Invalidation tool and that didn't seem to help.
You have to run the New Vegas launcher at least once, so do that if you never done it before. If that doesn't help, check if your antivirus has misidentified falloutnv.exe as an infected file.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

tehinternet posted:

Yes. Windows 8, 16gm RAM, i5-4670k, gtx770.

E: I'm also running the Win8 NVSE that you added in the OP.

The 4gb file that I was using at first wouldn't run in Windows 8. I think the OP now has the alternate, Win8 compatible one posted, but if that one doesn't work, go poking around for a different fnv4gb.exe on the nexus or other mod sites.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

heckyeahpathy posted:

The 4gb file that I was using at first wouldn't run in Windows 8. I think the OP now has the alternate, Win8 compatible one posted, but if that one doesn't work, go poking around for a different fnv4gb.exe on the nexus or other mod sites.

I didn't remove the old non 4gb one... Thanks a lot!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Raygereio posted:

You have to run the New Vegas launcher at least once, so do that if you never done it before. If that doesn't help, check if your antivirus has misidentified falloutnv.exe as an infected file.

Yeah, I re-verified the files and installed the mods again it works now

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Having a slight annoying problem with New Vegas Character expansions Every now and then I'll come across a black NPC with a white skinned head. NVedit shows that the mod has flagged the NPC with the "can be any race flag" so it's just a matter of editing that value in NVedit and reloading whenever I come across them. Is there any quick way that I can isolate any NPC with that flag set so I can fix them all at once rather than one by one?

Edit: Just noticed the mod page recommends changing the "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=" from 0 to 1. I already tried this yesterday but only in the New Vegas program directory but not in the New Vegas documents folder.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Trying to get into New Vegas and that mouse acceleration fix in the OP doesn't work. Fallout.ini is "read only" for me, but temporarily toggling that off, adding the [Controls] options, and then toggling the read only mark back on (or just skipping this part) doesn't work. It just resets it back to having mouse acceleration. What's going on?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hank Morgan posted:

Having a slight annoying problem with New Vegas Character expansions Every now and then I'll come across a black NPC with a white skinned head. NVedit shows that the mod has flagged the NPC with the "can be any race flag" so it's just a matter of editing that value in NVedit and reloading whenever I come across them. Is there any quick way that I can isolate any NPC with that flag set so I can fix them all at once rather than one by one?

Edit: Just noticed the mod page recommends changing the "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=" from 0 to 1. I already tried this yesterday but only in the New Vegas program directory but not in the New Vegas documents folder.

Do it in the documents folder. That mod is always a little fiddly with that.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Lord Lambeth posted:

Do it in the documents folder. That mod is always a little fiddly with that.

Isn't it that if you don't use the launcher, the .ini files from the program directory don't propagate to the Documents folder at all anyway? At least, that's what the docs for a few other mods seem to imply.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Hey folks, I know this is technically the New Vegas thread but there's no Fallout 3 thread anymore, so I figured I'd ask this question here.

I'm finally getting into playing FO3, having finally purchased a computer that can run it, and am installing a huge amount of mods. However, there's one file in particular that I'm missing. You see, when I played on a friend's computer a while back, he had a loving awesome weapon modpack called 'Apocalypse Armory' that compiled all the best weapons the author found and/or made into a single pack, balanced all their stats, etc. It was pulled from the Nexus by the admins and its author banned for stupid reasons and it is now almost impossible to find. I managed to find a download of the original mod after much searching, but unfortunately I was unable to find the 'Optional Compatibility Patches' file, which contains the files needed to make Apocalypse Armory work with CALIBR, EVE, CRAFT, etc. Does anyone by any chance still have either the original zip file, or Apocalypse Armory installed with those compatibility .esps? Either way, an upload would be greatly appreciated, because AA is seriously one of the best weapon packs made for the game, maybe even the best, and I'd love to be able to use it in my mod install without having to deactivate a bunch of other great mods.

e: I did finally find a torrent for the compatibility patches, but it had only one seeder and like thirty peers so it took a long time to finally start downloading. I'll seed it indefinitely, and can post both the link to that, plus the Dropbox for the original mod, if anyone wants them. All of the content in the mod was either made by the author himself or included with permission, so it's not :filez: or anything, the Nexus moderators just really seem to hate modpacks and compilation mods.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 6, 2013

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004
How is that robco making robots mod? Is it as awesome as the youtube video suggests, or is it horribly unbalanced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Capnbigboobies posted:

How is that robco making robots mod? Is it as awesome as the youtube video suggests, or is it horribly unbalanced?

If you mean Robco Certified, it's both horribly unbalanced and awesome. :getin: The game is much easier when you have five Protectrons running around with you vaporizing anything that so much as looks at you funny, but it's really loving cool to play as a science-nerd character and never actually have to fire your gun because the robots do the killing for you. Being able to pick up dead robots to repair and/or sell is pretty cool too.

As an added bonus, the robots can be set to patrol an area or act as a stationary sentry, which is handy if you decide to set up camp outside of town, or if you're playing with the Real Time Settler mod that turns the game into a city-building sim. Plus, robots deployed on guard duty don't count against your unit cap, so you can deploy an entire army of them, then go get more robots. Overrun the entire Wasteland with your endless mechanical horde!

e: I kinda wish mods like this also altered other aspects of the world to take into account what the mod does. In the Fallout 3 version, for example, the Brotherhood Outcasts will still act like you're a primitive savage with technology and knowledge far below theirs, even if you walk up to them leading a pack of pristine military-grade robots packing bigger guns than the Outcasts are.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 7, 2013