Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Mod-dom has made you such an angry man, Mourningview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Didn't the team with the best couple stars win its second straight championship tho

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The "best couple stars" are probably Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. LeBron is by far the best player in the NBA but Wade is always hurt (or pretending to be if he misses a shot).

But whatever, I am not going to argue the NBA is awesome in a football forum because I can already see how it will turn out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Mod-dom has made you such an angry man, Mourningview

I'd be angry if I was an NBA fan too.

HEYO

I guess you could say that burn was a slam dunk

*slidewhistle*

EDIT: Legit though, I actually like Basketball I just hate how there seems to be an institutional lack of parity.

Go Warriors.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 7, 2013

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

EDIT: Legit though, I actually like Basketball I just hate how there seems to be an institutional lack of parity.

This has literally always been the case, and the cap/tax is harsher now than it has ever been. The reason there isn't parity is that they're playing basketball, which by its very nature rewards the better team more often than the other major sports. One player can have a huge impact, the best players are involved in the majority of the game, and there are a million scoring opportunities. I suppose they could try playing baseball instead, but that seems like a pretty weird decision for a basketball league.

Now everyone shut up.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 8, 2013

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Go Warriors.

No loving way. Where do you live anyways, Mars?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

No loving way. Where do you live anyways, Mars?

For real. How did he go from cheering for the Broncos and then Steelers to cheering for a basketball team that doesn't even have fans in the Bay Area?

Go Warriors.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
MV as much as I laugh at you as a mod (lol jk) I cant stop laughing at how quick you are to say "OKAY SHUT THE gently caress UP" about a subject.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If y'all posted better these things would not happen. Also "why I hate the NBA" is not a great topic for a football forum.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you're hoping for me to start improving the quality of my posting you should probably retire right now because we both know it's impossible. I'm dumb.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

For real. How did he go from cheering for the Broncos and then Steelers to cheering for a basketball team that doesn't even have fans in the Bay Area?

Go Warriors.

Lamest reason. For like three NBA2k games straight my create-a-player kept getting drafted by the Warriors so I was like "welp, guess I will root for them."

And I also like 3-pointers :shobon:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If you're hoping for me to start improving the quality of my posting you should probably retire right now because we both know it's impossible. I'm dumb.

Well cool if we're in agreement then no reason to keep you around. Perma submitted.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As much as I'd enjoy being that martyr that causes you to lose your modship I think I'll stick around

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hey now fellas can't we all get along until i get probated for posting blitz in gameday threads

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rap posted:

hey now fellas can't we all get along until i get probated for posting blitz in gameday threads

blitz won't even be in the top 10 worst things posted in GDTs if some of last season's SNF threads were in any indication.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Rap posted:

^^^This

If we're going to have a forum war the initial causality can't be such an central poster. It leaves no room to ramp up the stakes.

That's just bad story telling.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

As much as I'd enjoy being that martyr that causes you to lose your modship

lol

e: I mean I was loving around but...dude hahaha

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 8, 2013

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Well cool if we're in agreement then no reason to keep you around. Perma submitted.

When we finally drive you mad and you tubgirl Lowtax, which of us would you bequeath your powers to? It would be Jeffersonlives, wouldn't it?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress no. I already named Roasted Donut my successor in my will.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Is he still alive? Haven't seen him in a while.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MourningView posted:

Works for me, Crazy shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy; I'll start on my Farthouse submission.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
okay serious edit 2.0: I just saw what you did to Doltos :laffo: okay nevermind I won't gently caress with you about you trying to one up me in a game of lol not serious lol. I love that thread. Awesome.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 8, 2013

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The NBA is rad and all y'all are dummies, basketsport uber alles

Anyways, the source for this is obvious and is technically a blog post but whatever

quote:

More than elections, these kinds of incidents show the real situation in American politics. What is happening to Cooper is exactly what is happening to Paula Deen: a public Soviet-style show trial, where the verdict is never in doubt. The objective: to warn white Americans they have no freedom of speech or even thought. If they voice an unacceptable sentiment in an unguarded moment, their lives will be destroyed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

Anyways, the source for this is obvious and is technically a blog post but whatever

He does know that Cooper never denied he said that right?

Also it would seem that Joe McCarthy would be easier comparison by replacing communist with racist but whatever.

Edit: Really that Soviet show trial doesn't actually seem relevant to his first point anyway.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

I love the freedom of speech card retarded americans play so often.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No one knows what those words actually mean and it is very frustrating. Although I guess I kinda want to throw whoever wrote that in jail, so maybe he has a point.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Is it irony that that guy can post that on the internet, and not have his life be destroyed (let's assume he has a life), and then not notice that his life wasn't destroyed even though he had exercised his "freedom of speech or even thought" and voiced "an unacceptable sentiment"

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
With all these posts with Uncle Cletus posting his racist/political poo poo that really doesn't have to do with football,
I feel it is time to read something rather endearing from a rural source in a football post from another forum.

I can't do this man's self-written biography justice but suffice to say he describes himself as a "hard working everyman."
Forget what the so-called experts are saying because this man is coming out with his own 13 bold predictions about the 2013 NFL season.

Among some of the bolder predictions (with extra bold added for emphasis)

quote:

The New England Patriots will not win the AFC East.
That's right, I said it. The New England Patriots will not win the AFC East. What about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? Yes, I fully understand that the Patriots still have their evil genius calling plays and still have one of the most loved yet hated quarterbacks in NFL history. Yes, I know they went out and signed Tim Tebow, a natural born winner. Let me ask you this. How many snaps do you expect Tebow to take at QB? I don't expect him to take very many. In all honesty, I personally think that's a good thing. I do think Tebow will learn behind Belichick and Brady and eventually become a better QB because of it, but not yet.

The bottom line is this, agree or disagree, the Patriots are a gimmick team and teams are catching on. Take the AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Houston Texans. The Patriots utilized a lot of no huddle offense, and not just any no huddle offense. The Pats were using that garbage where they are snapping the ball for the next play practically 2 seconds after the whistle blows on the last play. It killed the Texans. The Ravens however were not playing that game.

quote:

The Cleveland Browns will win the AFC North.
Yes, I said it. The Cleveland Browns will win the AFC North, and no, this is not a typo. [..]
Mark my words; Norv Turner will be the offensive version of Wade Phillips this season.The hiring of offensive coordinator Norv Turner and defensive coordinator Ray Horton will prove to be a godsend to the Cleveland faithful. Phillips had problems putting it all together as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, the same way Turner had problems in San Diego with a similarly talented squad. When Phillips went to manage the defense alone in Houston, we got a violent stingy defense now affectionately referred to by the Houston faithful as The Bulls On Parade. Norv Turner will do the same to a horrible offense in Cleveland that has all the pieces to be special but just needs that special head coach and offensive coordinator combo that I think they have found in Chud and Turner.

quote:

Alex Smith will continue to impress and lead the Kansas City Chiefs back to the playoffs.
In my opinion the defense should be strong enough to give Manning and the Broncos a run for the division title, but they will fall short and have to settle for a Wild Card spot. The Chiefs fans will take it.

quote:

The Miami Dolphins will win the AFC East.
With the problems that the Patriots are having, they should still make the playoffs like I said earlier, but I don't think they will be strong enough to hold off the Dolphins this year.

If you don't love this dude then you will after reading this.

quote:

Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys will miss the playoffs yet again.
The Dallas Cowboys to me are the NFL's version of the Toronto Raptors in the NBA, they have the talent, but they lack the chemistry.
This is not only the first time in the history of the world that the Dallas Cowboys were called the NFL version of the Toronto Raptors, but also the first time the Toronto Raptors were called talented.

Also RG3, Russell Wilson,Colin Kaepernick rule and "are the truth" EJ Manuel is a franchise QB and his team (the Texans) are going to gently caress up the Seahawks and win the superbowl.
I hope every one of his predictions comes true.

I hope that New England is caught in the middle of their gimmicky crap like trying to snap the ball in 2 seconds while all the refs backs are turned and that JJ Watt sniffs out the play and powerbombs Brady.
I want to see Chud and Norm marching triumphantly into the sunset and climbing over the broken bodies of Steelers,Ravens, and Bengals players.
I'd love it if the AFC West wasn't a poo poo show and instead the Chiefs just continued to hound and torment the Broncos at every turn and grind away at them.
Finally when they inevitably choke I want the Cowboys not just embarrassed but exposed nationally as not America's team but a fraudulent version of a terrible Canadian basketball team.

This man is a visionary who believes in a better football than even the football we watch.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 9, 2013

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Norv is a good OC and would have a chance to do a Wade Phillips type thing somewhere. Somewhere that isn't Cleveland, sadly :(

Also I wasn't really alive or at least aware while this was going on but Denver apparently spent decades like the Browns/Bills/whoever are now. I really want to be alive to see this happen again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Patriots gimmick: be odiously good at every level of offense

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Just wait, the one out of a million parallel universe where all that poo poo he said actually happens will be this one and ESPN will hire hard working everyman Michael Packner to be the NFL version of Bill Simmons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Patriots gimmick: be odiously good at every level of offense

The Patriots Gimmick: Tom Brady. This is the year the league finally catches up with this gimmick QB.

His gimmick is that he's one of the best QBs ever. How cheap is that?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know people who still call Brady a "system QB" and it is a constant struggle to not throw things at them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes one of the greatest yet worst

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pasaluki posted:

With all these posts with Uncle Cletus posting his racist/political poo poo that really doesn't have to do with football,
I feel it is time to read something rather endearing from a rural source in a football post from another forum.

I can't do this man's self-written biography justice but suffice to say he describes himself as a "hard working everyman."
Forget what the so-called experts are saying because this man is coming out with his own 13 bold predictions about the 2013 NFL season.

Among some of the bolder predictions (with extra bold added for emphasis)

If you don't love this dude then you will after reading this.

This is not only the first time in the history of the world that the Dallas Cowboys were called the NFL version of the Toronto Raptors, but also the first time the Toronto Raptors were called talented.

Also RG3, Russell Wilson,Colin Kaepernick rule and "are the truth" EJ Manuel is a franchise QB and his team (the Texans) are going to gently caress up the Seahawks and win the superbowl.
I hope every one of his predictions comes true.

I hope that New England is caught in the middle of their gimmicky crap like trying to snap the ball in 2 seconds while all the refs backs are turned and that JJ Watt sniffs out the play and powerbombs Brady.
I want to see Chud and Norm marching triumphantly into the sunset and climbing over the broken bodies of Steelers,Ravens, and Bengals players.
I'd love it if the AFC West wasn't a poo poo show and instead the Chiefs just continued to hound and torment the Broncos at every turn and grind away at them.
Finally when they inevitably choke I want the Cowboys not just embarrassed but exposed nationally as not America's team but a fraudulent version of a terrible Canadian basketball team.

This man is a visionary who believes in a better football than even the football we watch.

I want to believe

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011
I like how EJ Manuel goes on to win a Super Bowl after we trade him to the Texans. That's going to be great.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Here are two of the currently displayed top three comments on the NFL.com article "Seattle Seahawks' Jermaine Kearse shines with 2 TDs":

angry niners fan posted:

Probably on adderall! That team is known for cheating and choking!

angry titans fan posted:

cheathawks seacocks

Not sure why Titans guy is so mad at the Seahawks.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Arschlochkind posted:

The Seahawks gave them Hasselbeck after he started sucking.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Seahawks gave them Hasselbeck after he started sucking.

He was like 45 when he left Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Arschlochkind posted:

Here are two of the currently displayed top three comments on the NFL.com article "Seattle Seahawks' Jermaine Kearse shines with 2 TDs":

Dude couldn't go with "Cheatattle Seacocks?" He's still workshopping, I guess.

• Locked thread