Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
jesus christ, its the motherload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Just got back from a 2-week road trip and managed to take a couple neat car pics. Click for huge.

Drove alongside this Maserati for about an hour and a half through northern Maryland and southern Pennsylvania.

This Aston Martin Vantage (I think) was parked in the underground parking for our hotel. Never saw it moved.

Parked outside the hotel for a day, never got to hear it.

The rear end of a vintage something... my phone is absolute balls at night.

And the front end of a '60s Olds, barely got this pic... apparently my phone is super slow too. The plate said 60 OLDS.

There were a half-dozen Maserati Granturismos in Vancouver, plus I saw my first Audi R8 in person. Black convertible, sounded like death in a tuxedo.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
This is the first time I've seen one of these in over a year, and as far as I could see, it was stock!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Das Volk posted:

This is the first time I've seen one of these in over a year, and as far as I could see, it was stock!

You back from Europe?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Preoptopus posted:

You back from Europe?

Yeah, living in London was quite expensive. I'd have liked to live out in the home counties but in the end we decided to come back. Americans are terrible drivers, but as Doug Stanhope puts it, "in America, you can afford to be stupid."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That looks a lot like my home town, San Francisco. Maybe somewhere in the Sunset or Richmond, given the fog.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Is it wrong to lust after the Z31?

I can't even explain why but I want one real bad.

Sunday Punch fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 11, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, they're gorgeous cars, but as a counterpoint,

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

They are beautiful cars. My buddy has an NA Z31 and leaky t-tops but he loves that thing to death.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

DSM also did a real number with the Stealth RT/3000GT VR-4:

Nickopops
Jan 8, 2006
You must be this funky to ride.

Nickopops fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 1, 2019

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone says miatas aren't practical cars, but I don't see why

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Fucknag posted:

Yeah, they're gorgeous cars, but as a counterpoint,

Counter-counterpoint

The 200ZR is just begging for a RB25/26 swap. Too bad they're Japan only...

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Is there any backstory to this guy? Just a farmer with ~8 million dollar worth of supercars? Not sure about the 8 million part, but drat, he has a lot of nice cars.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

beedeebee posted:

Is there any backstory to this guy? Just a farmer with ~8 million dollar worth of supercars? Not sure about the 8 million part, but drat, he has a lot of nice cars.
I don't think there's any sort of backstory to it. I don't think anyone is even certain who is behind it. Last I read, they had found out who the owner of the estate the Rolls Royce was driven in was but that's about it. As long as they keep making videos, I couldn't care less though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I don't think there's any sort of backstory to it. I don't think anyone is even certain who is behind it. Last I read, they had found out who the owner of the estate the Rolls Royce was driven in was but that's about it. As long as they keep making videos, I couldn't care less though.

Pretty sure it's the son of the guy who started Foxtons estate agency, and his mates. More money than god.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

beedeebee posted:

The greatest was reading the Top Gear website's comments section. A shitload of people were really mad that he would "thrash" and "hoon about", "ruining" the cars.

I thought it was the greatest affirmation of the cars' pedigree and a huge FTP to all the purists.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
"That was a good lunch. Think I'll talk a walk down the street. Hmm, why are all those people standing around over there? Oh. Huh."

Box of Kleenex on the floor.

Don't know who this guy is, but he gets around. I found pictures of the same car in London. (These are in Reston, VA).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't know if this is exactly the right place to post this but I think it's awesome and it's AI, so I'm putting it here.

My stepdad just got me a voucher for Gotham Dream Cars, which is one of those dealies where you get to do laps in an exotic car; this one is via Groupon and it's for Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley, CA.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gsm-logistics-inc-108

I just made my reservation and they only have time slots left for the Monday Sept. 23rd date. But for $99 it seemed like a good deal to get to drive a gallardo or a F430 spyder.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mobby_6kl posted:

Everyone says miatas aren't practical cars, but I don't see why

Jetto!

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Here are some assorted fantasy cars...

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Best use of an F-body ever?

Video of it in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il6y60U7zUg

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Best Lemons theme car ever, no question

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
I really wish there was still a cell phone pictures thread. I can't decide where these pictures go, but since these guys choose to drive these cars at 75mph on a highway and they still seem to have floor pans, I'm calling that pretty AI. (even though the cars themselves are pretty terrible)

I was driving back from dropping my car off at Energy Suspension this weekend and saw these two guys following each other. I assume from a drift event or something.

Also my mother took these shots with her iphone since I was driving. I think she's missed her calling as an auto photojournalist.

Click for big.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BoostCreep posted:

I really wish there was still a cell phone pictures thread. I can't decide where these pictures go, but since these guys choose to drive these cars at 75mph on a highway and they still seem to have floor pans, I'm calling that pretty AI. (even though the cars themselves are pretty terrible)

I was driving back from dropping my car off at Energy Suspension this weekend and saw these two guys following each other. I assume from a drift event or something.

Also my mother took these shots with her iphone since I was driving. I think she's missed her calling as an auto photojournalist.

Click for big.

They were on their way to Cars and Coffee. The 300ZX/Z32 has a S14 SR20DET swap in it.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

They were on their way to Cars and Coffee. The 300ZX/Z32 has a S14 SR20DET swap in it.

Ah ha! What's the deal with the Porsche? Aside from missing a rear bumper, it looks pretty well set up. But why so low on the Z32? I cringed watching it go over tiny bumps on the highway.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BoostCreep posted:

Ah ha! What's the deal with the Porsche? Aside from missing a rear bumper, it looks pretty well set up. But why so low on the Z32? I cringed watching it go over tiny bumps on the highway.

The owner is a track instructor and it's an interesting car...
http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/12/amirs-track-porsche-911/

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 12, 2013

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's Amir and he's real cool dude IMO.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

That looks so sweet for some reason, probably because I grew up in the 80's with terrible sci-fi movies. What is it?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

OldPueblo posted:

That looks so sweet for some reason, probably because I grew up in the 80's with terrible sci-fi movies. What is it?

Steinwinter truck concept: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2009/09/23/as-for-jettos-truck/

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"What'd I miss?"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
Thought I'd share a pretty AI pic from my youth;

My dad had a Peugeot dealership. In Georgia. No, it didn't go so well.

At least he didn't buy into the Alfa franchise that was for sale at the time, (even though that would have been cool)

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
There's a thing on this site about 80's digital dashboards.

Some of it is pretty terrible, but most of it is pretty sweet.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
My newly acquired project Daytona has a digi dash, and quite honestly one of the reasons I decided to take it on..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsJ9i2p3yE

not mine, but someone ran through the entire test sequence WITH the talking module, which I have.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Mighty Horse posted:

My newly acquired project Daytona has a digi dash, and quite honestly one of the reasons I decided to take it on..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsJ9i2p3yE

not mine, but someone ran through the entire test sequence WITH the talking module, which I have.

Holy poo poo that reminds me of Mechwarrior 2. Especially when it says "Your engine oil level is critical."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Nubile Hillock posted:

There's a thing on this site about 80's digital dashboards.

Some of it is pretty terrible, but most of it is pretty sweet.

Car dashes today look so woefully dull in comparison. Hell, my late 90s digital dash Caddy is snoozeville compared to those beauties.