Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lance Storm show is up and it is pretty cool, especially his walk through of how to do a piledriver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lesson of that show seems to be get trained by Lance and not Brutal Bob Evans.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's SNCJ.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Do they talk about their Wrestlemania match?

They do! Briefly, all things considered, but they talk about it. A solid show all around.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Lance Storm show is up and it is pretty cool, especially his walk through of how to do a piledriver.

Yeah, just got around to listening to that, and that was fantastic as a fan who's never had any sort of training to hear part of how to properly take and perform a move given by someone who certainly knows what he's talking abut.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to Austin interview JR. It's funny how JR talks about his own father in terms of shoe size & ring size.

He then goes on to tell us how kids these days are so spoiled cause they don't get beat bloody by their fathers.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Goog posted:

Matt slept through Raw, I was lazy, and…yeah. We'll have something soon, don't worry.

HulkaMatt posted:

Hopefully something soon ~for this week~, that is.

Good job, guys

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You could have said that yesterday when it was actually the start of the week.

But seriously, we had something for Thursday and it fell through. Hopefully we'll get 2 out this week. HOPEFULLY!!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

You could have said that yesterday when it was actually the start of the week.

But seriously, we had something for Thursday and it fell through. Hopefully we'll get 2 out this week. HOPEFULLY!!!

Just tell me who to blame. Is it goog? Its probably goog

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

triplexpac posted:

Listening to Austin interview JR. It's funny how JR talks about his own father in terms of shoe size & ring size.

He then goes on to tell us how kids these days are so spoiled cause they don't get beat bloody by their fathers.

Yeah, pretty obvious his dad was a sack of poo poo who used to beat him pretty good. It was awkward to listen to that part of the show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oatgan posted:

Just tell me who to blame. Is it goog? Its probably goog

I won't blame anyone for Thursday, especially Goog as he wasn't even going to be on it. BLAME ME?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I won't blame anyone for Thursday, especially Goog as he wasn't even going to be on it. BLAME ME?
I'd rather blame The Goog.
Sounds like somebody's father never made him kill a sack full of inbred puppies.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
What's this about inbred puppies? You know, I think I'd rather not know. I think I'd rather just post this!

Topics: 1. New Japan's G1 Climax
2. Anyone who says John Cena is a bad promo is wrong
3. SummerSlam predictions
4. You can make an 8-12 match "Best of WrestleMania" DVD, featuring a wrestler no more than once. What matches do you include?
5. What acronym would you use to start a wrestling promotion?
6. Which current WWE wrestler(s) would thrive in New Japan, and vice-versa?
7. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Mr. Bob Backlund
8. Starting with WrestleMania, what would be your ideal WWE PPV schedule?
9. Where does TNA's horrendous scouting rank among their problems?
10. HulkaMatt watches Total Divas, so you don't have to

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

JR's interview on the Steve Austin Show is loaded with horrible childhood stories that JR is pretty ok about.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Sounds like somebody's father never made him kill a sack full of inbred puppies.

I just listened to this part last night and was appalled. That's the kind of poo poo you read in serial killer biographies.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KFG the nickname you were thinking of was "The Youngest Old Timer"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TenCount guys:

Definitely wanted to give the show a listen this week with all the NJPW questions. Good show, but how the hell did you guys manage to completely ignore Devitt when discussing what NJPW guys could fare well in the WWE? He's a a good looking Irishman under 35 who has charisma, mic skills, and a fantastic physique. The main knock on him would obviously be his height, but I'm pretty sure he's at least taller than Bryan.

On the other side of the question, while i know you guys mentioned him I think Claudio would be a fantastic fit since they could use a tall gaijin who can go. I could see easily see him fitting in great with either Suzuki-gun or the Bullet Club.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I would throw entire handfuls of money at NJPW if they managed to get Claudio and put him in Bullet Club. And he could use his freaky strength to carry Devitt AND Fale on his shoulders.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Thauros posted:

I could see easily see him fitting in great with either Suzuki-gun or the Bullet Club.

I now want to see Cesaro replace Tama Tonga.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Either would work but I actually kinda see him as a more natural fit in Suzuki-gun. I could see him and Shelton forming a great tag tag team since they both have tons of experience and had chemistry as opponents in ROH.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Thauros posted:

but how the hell did you guys manage to completely ignore Devitt when discussing what NJPW guys could fare well in the WWE?

I said Devitt but only mentioned it after we said like 10 other names.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Giantbomb recently released the first episode of the Power Bombcast, a monthly roundtable discussion about wrestling by people with varying levels of interest in wrestling. Its for premium members only so you need to be a subscriber to hear it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

Giantbomb recently released the first episode of the Power Bombcast, a monthly roundtable discussion about wrestling by people with varying levels of interest in wrestling. Its for premium members only so you need to be a subscriber to hear it.

It's kind of a pain that they're putting it behind a paywall. I dunno what the venn diagram is of GB subscribers & people willing to listen to a bunch of guys talk about wrestling.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
New Ten Count :woop:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

It's kind of a pain that they're putting it behind a paywall. I dunno what the venn diagram is of GB subscribers & people willing to listen to a bunch of guys talk about wrestling.

I guess it is technically behind a pay wall, but giant bomb has never put the RSS feed behind any kind of password so if you had the link you could add it to a podcast manager without issue.

I just added the Premium Podcast stream to my phone and it never asked me to log in or anything

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

I guess it is technically behind a pay wall, but giant bomb has never put the RSS feed behind any kind of password so if you had the link you could add it to a podcast manager without issue.

I just added the Premium Podcast stream to my phone and it never asked me to log in or anything

Huh I had no idea that was the case!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The highlight of the Powerbombcast was when someone suggested that Mike Tenay would be a great acquisition for WWE and was immediately shot down by everyone else.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

The highlight of the Powerbombcast was when someone suggested that Mike Tenay would be a great acquisition for WWE and was immediately shot down by everyone else.

About the only use Tenay would have for WWE is to find talent for them in Mexico.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 13, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Nash is on the Austin show again and this one is by far the best of his appearances IMO. It's basically all about his departure from the WWF and then the NWO.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Thanks for coming back Ten Count~ Like I said, you guys give me a fun thing to listen to during work :3:

Also on the Attitude Era podcast, how far back do they go? Is Wrestlemania XIV the first episode?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Good Listener posted:

Also on the Attitude Era podcast, how far back do they go? Is Wrestlemania XIV the first episode?

Yup.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

cool cool~ Thanks!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

oatgan posted:

Is it any good? The show in general? I love those guys but I'm not sure if I wanna hear them talk about wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LordPants posted:

Is it any good? The show in general? I love those guys but I'm not sure if I wanna hear them talk about wrestling.

If you like the guys involved it's okay. None of them actually know anything interesting about wrestling or can offer any real insight but if you think Jeff Gerstmann is funny then you'll probably get a few laughs. Jared Rea is kinda insufferable though (he actually says Blandy Boreton)

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

oatgan posted:

Jared Rea is kinda insufferable though (he actually says Blandy Boreton)

lmao I'm going to give this nerd the biggest noogie

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jared Rae is the loving worst.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The first triangle ladder match was indeed at Wrestlemania 2000 HulkaMatt, The Goog, and Kung Fu Grip. :colbert:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

The first triangle ladder match was indeed at Wrestlemania 2000 HulkaMatt, The Goog, and Kung Fu Grip. :colbert:

TLC 1 was better

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

TLC 1 was better

TLC 1 was at Summerslam 2000. TLC 2 was at X-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How in the hell can Bryan watch Kendra Wilkinson or whatever else his wife's apparently into, and not get why people might enjoy Total Divas? There is an entire sub-genre of reality show about shallow women bitching at each other over nothing. It's pretty much exactly what everyone but them seems to have pictured when they heard 'reality show about the Divas on E!'.

Also, was there really a 'shoot' rana in the last episode? I'm not watching the show, but that sounded hilarious.

• Locked thread