Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare: This is loving awesome. It almost doesn't even sound like them. Sounds more like Caspian or something. It's Explosions with David Wingo. Apparently he did the soundtrack for both Mud and Take Shelter, so he's alright by me. Maybe he's the reason it sounds the way it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:stare: This is loving awesome. It almost doesn't even sound like them. Sounds more like Caspian or something. It's Explosions with David Wingo. Apparently he did the soundtrack for both Mud and Take Shelter, so he's alright by me. Maybe he's the reason it sounds the way it does.

From what I have researched and listened to he is definitely a big influence. I like it too, huge open sound.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
té's 2012 album Therefore, the illusion of density breach, the tottering world “forget” tomorrow is on bandcamp as download and vinyl through their UK promoters: http://zankyouk.bandcamp.com/

Kind of old news but I don't think I've seen it posted here and their stuff can be hard to get hold of. Also here is a music video for Magic smoulders in the depths of optimism as the remnant of “sin” conceived by the collective unconscious of a million people off that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnolgtt62M

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Some of you might care about this!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

:heysexy:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
New trailer for the 65dos album

http://vimeo.com/71209502

That sounds like a great track.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
New Mooncake in October dammit why can't I just skip a couple months here.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thehustler posted:

New trailer for the 65dos album

http://vimeo.com/71209502

That sounds like a great track.

Oh wow, that sounds really promising. Like, more than their last couple albums for sure.

It also sounds a lot more post-rocky than their older releases :confused: Which I'm perfectly okay with, just sounds like they changed style A LOT. Maybe it'll only be for that one track and the rest will be math-y/dancey. Or maybe that's just one part of one track. Either way, I like it a lot.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://soundcloud.com/sargent-house/russian-circles-deficit

First new Russian Circles track (called "Deficit") from their upcoming album Memorial which drops in late October.

:stare:

It sounds menacing as gently caress and I love it. Almost sounds like they got together with early Pelican and had a baby.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

First new Russian Circles track (called "Deficit") from their upcoming album Memorial which drops in late October.

It sounds menacing as gently caress and I love it. Almost sounds like they got together with early Pelican and had a baby.

October is gonna own. I like this more than their latest album.

Also there was a new Tone album last year. Why are post rock bands are so bad at marketing.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
I love the new Russian Circles song. If anyone has the chance to see them live I recommend it. So heavy and evil.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Prince Avalanche now and the movie's pretty boring but the Explosions in the Sky soundtrack is nice. If any of you were planning on seeing the movie for the soundtrack, I'd suggest you skip it and just listen to the soundtrack on its own :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

More new Pelican! This is their new single entitled Deny The Absolute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAzNXoSJ1A

Apparently their new sound is different because founding member and guitarist Laurent left the band after like 11 years and they had to recruit a new member. Dallas Thomas (who is also a member of The Swan King, a band I've never heard of) came on as their new guitarist. And I guess he helped reshape their sound? Because they sound a hell of a lot tighter than they did on What We All Come To Need.

I'm pretty drat excited to hear this whole new album of theirs and to see them live in November.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It seems like it wasn't the drummer holding them back after all.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Oh man this is soooooo good. Absolutely cannot wait for this album.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rope for No-Hopers by The Pirate Ship Quintet is a free download this week.

e: I forgot how good this album is. At least listen to it for "You're Next"

chunkles fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 13, 2013

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?
Pelican is playing in Boston the same night as Mike Doughty. This is a tough choice for me; I'm hoping I can find a way to see part of both shows, they're only half a mile away from each other.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Marriages has been robbed. I swear Emma and co. have the worst luck (Red Sparowes was also robbed). But anyways, please give them money because I want them to be a band.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Ah gently caress that really blows. I wish I had some cash to throw at this but I'm pleased they are already halfway there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why does every post-rock band get robbed? God Is An Astronaut got robbed when they came to the US years ago and that's why they haven't toured here since, and I think 65dos got some of their equipment stolen recently too.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
MONO ARE TOURING NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bliggers- posted:

gently caress yeah, maybe I'll go see 'em for the 4th time. They're always one of the best live acts around.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

leebenningfield posted:

Pelican is playing in Boston the same night as Mike Doughty. This is a tough choice for me; I'm hoping I can find a way to see part of both shows, they're only half a mile away from each other.
I'll be there for Pelican. Of course, the next night Godflesh and gently caress Buttons are playing in 2 different venues. Definitely a crazy music weekend in Boston.

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Marriages has been robbed. I swear Emma and co. have the worst luck (Red Sparowes was also robbed). But anyways, please give them money because I want them to be a band.
Terrible news. Saw them open for Deafheaven and they were awesome. Definitely sending some money their way

Bliggers- posted:

Best news of the day.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I have a ticket for Russian Circles. This is going to be excellent.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why does every post-rock band get robbed? God Is An Astronaut got robbed when they came to the US years ago and that's why they haven't toured here since, and I think 65dos got some of their equipment stolen recently too.
God is an Astronaut toured America two years ago. I saw them in Detroit. Are you sure you're thinking of the right band, or was that robbery just more recent than you thought?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman of Santa posted:

God is an Astronaut toured America two years ago. I saw them in Detroit. Are you sure you're thinking of the right band, or was that robbery just more recent than you thought?
Oh. It must have happened a while back and they ended up touring here again. I remember them posting about it...I think it was several years ago.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

How are Post Rock bands able to do international tours? I feel like a ton of small bands that can't sell more than a couple of thousand records each get these massive world tours, when I'd expect them to be the kind of band that tours a tri-state area in a rented minivan.

I'm not complaining at all, I just have no idea where these small Post Rock labels get so much cash.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

How are Post Rock bands able to do international tours? I feel like a ton of small bands that can't sell more than a couple of thousand records each get these massive world tours, when I'd expect them to be the kind of band that tours a tri-state area in a rented minivan.

I'm not complaining at all, I just have no idea where these small Post Rock labels get so much cash.

Typically they play a poo poo ton of shows and are their own roadies to recoup the cost of plane tickets. Also my brief chat with MONO indicated that they don't make much of a profit on the larger tours.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

God Is An Astronaut released a new single recently. It sounds rather different from what they've done previously, while still keeping "their" unistakable sound. It's not the greatest I've heard, but I'm definitely gonna check out the album when it comes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_CDrF3fss

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's really weird to me is that the new 65dos song sounds like something God is an Astronaut would do and the new GIAA song sounds like something 65dos would do. They're both interesting and I like both, there's just this odd kind of role reversal going on.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I just now got around to listening to Spaces and now I'm very bummed out that they disbanded.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
65daysofstatic - Prisms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMmsM43N4Y

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Now that's more like what I want to hear from new 65dos :swoon:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I was browsing through upcoming gigs in Cardiff the other day and remember thinking 'Jesus, they're still going?' when I saw HIM were playing. Well, turns out I'll be buying a ticket 'cos, somehow, Caspian are supporting them on their European tour.

Caspian Tour posted:

OCT 06 Hamburg, Germany @ Grosse Freheit
OCT 07 Berlin, Germany @ Huxley's Neue Welt
OCT 08 Wiesbaden, Germany @ Schlactoff
OCT 09 Amsterdam, Holland @ Paradiso
OCT 11 Leipzig, Germany @ Haus Auensee
OCT 12 Prague, Czech Republic @ Lucerna
OCT 13 Vienna, Austria @ Gasometer
OCT 15 Milan, Italy @ Alcatraz
OCT 16 Zurich, Switzerland @ Komplex 457
OCT 17 Munich, Germany @ Kesselhaus
OCT 18 Koln, Germany @ E-Werk
OCT 19 Paris, France @ Le Bataclan
OCT 21 Wolverhampton, England @ Civic Hall
OCT 22 Newcastle, England @ O2 Academy
OCT 23 Glasgow, Scotland @ Barrowlands
OCT 24 Manchester, England @ Academy
OCT 26 Nottingham, England @ Rock City
OCT 27 Cardiff, England @ Great Hall
OCT 28 Southampton, England @ Guildhall
OCT 29 Norwich, England @ UEA
OCT 31 London, England @ KOKO
NOV 01 London, England @ KOKO

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caspian and HIM together? What a weird loving tour :raise:

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Probably means HiM.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/HiM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH. Yeah, I just read HIM's Wiki page:

quote:

The band's original name was His Infernal Majesty. HIM, formerly 'His Infernal Majesty', is not to be confused with Infernäl Mäjesty, a Canadian thrash metal band, HiM, an American post-rock band, or 4Him, a Contemporary Christian group.
Guess it's not who I thought :v:

TheMagnificentDuke
Aug 13, 2006
It's definitely the Finnish one. I'd love to see Caspian at the Barras, but at nearly £30 a ticket I'm not so sure..

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

OH. Yeah, I just read HIM's Wiki page:
Guess it's not who I thought :v:

No, it is who you thought.

£24 here. Think I might wait and see how long they get to play for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new God is an Astronaut is out there.