Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

lazer_chicken posted:

You guys shut your dirty whore mouths, I would drive the poo poo out of any Viper, even a '92. I don't think I'll notice the partsbinned air vents and fan knobs when they're obscured from view by billowing clouds of tire smoke. The only death more glorious than oversteering a Viper into a tree is oversteering a 911 into a tree.

I'm currently waiting out an auction on a 911 to see if it goes above what I can afford or not. :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Parts sharing bugs me too but if the car has any beans, all it has to do is be relatively comfortable and have a transparent windscreen.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I am torn. I think these wheels would be incredible on a Volvo 240.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Mighty Horse posted:

The only reason the Viper existed in the first place was they could put it together with parts they had already and didn't have to spend money they didn't have tooling up for a limited run production car.

OMG are those VENTS FROM A MUSTANG?

Million dollars with this interior???

Why is the parking brake so far away from the driver? That seems like it would be really difficult to reach.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cakefool posted:

You monster. You can put them on a lowrider in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, though!

VVV: That has never been much of a problem with anything powered by a B234.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 13, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Cakefool posted:

I wonder how fast you have to go before the plastic poo poo just rips apart

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

As far as that Ford GT goes? Those are vents from a Ford Anything. I've seen them in Mustangs, F150s, even the Fiesta (I think)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

The F40 came out in 87... and poo poo, look at it having CARBON FIBER.
And considering the F40 was/is basically a go-kart for grownups (in a good way), it should be commended for having an interior at all.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Seriously, that's the problem with modern supercars. Once they decided your car should make you feel comfortable and secure as it tries to kill you, it was only a matter of time before they started building supercars that weren't always trying to kill you

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

veedubfreak posted:

"YOUR LAST"

I saw that and maintain its perfect for a Ricky Bobby quote.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mighty Horse posted:

The only reason the Viper existed in the first place was they could put it together with parts they had already and didn't have to spend money they didn't have tooling up for a limited run production car.

OMG are those VENTS FROM A MUSTANG?

Million dollars with this interior???

I consider this:

as the ideal aesthetic of a supercar.

The GT looks a hell of a lot more like that than the old Viper.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
No picture, but I saw a bone-stock CR-V with an "illest" sticker. The driver was a teenage girl.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Blood Magnet posted:

No picture, but I saw a bone-stock CR-V with an "illest" sticker. The driver was a teenage girl.

She probably got the herp.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

In my head, this sounds like the Wheel of Fortune wheel as the driver comes up to a red light.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The post on Reddit (I'll admit it) says it came into the shop for a clogged fuel filter, and the fuel filter was honest-to-god clogged with Bondo. And also that it is not a joke car, but the guy driving it is absolutely serious. Must be schizophrenic or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mother of God...

there's more Bondo than car.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

Geirskogul posted:

The post on Reddit (I'll admit it) says it came into the shop for a clogged fuel filter, and the fuel filter was honest-to-god clogged with Bondo. And also that it is not a joke car, but the guy driving it is absolutely serious. Must be schizophrenic or something.

That thing must weigh as much as two Saturn's with all that bondo in it. I also love that near bondo-colored air freshener hanging from the mirror, at least he didn't bondo that. Also, did he bondo over his entire instrument cluster :rms:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
What the gently caress? At first I thought it was all bondo and then said nahhh it just got into a wreck and was covered in mud when I saw the interior. Then I looked closer and saw that nope, that's bondo.

Why are people so loving crazy?!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

Pictures like this make me feel a little better because I know that the bit of a lip my rotors have means I still have plenty of time!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I saw an awesome "aftermarket" tailgate in the city yesterday. Complete with authentic painted on badging!

(also, gently caress Dodge for dashes that crack when you look at them wrong)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Jonny Nox posted:

I consider this:

as the ideal aesthetic of a supercar.

I think you should be able to drive a supercar on the street and not have to wear a helmet, and that's the inside of a proper racing car with a full-on cage and six point harnesses.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

:stare:

That's... something.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Geirskogul posted:

Never thought I'd see that outside of SNL.

Darko posted:

I think that James Bondo up there is molding an entirely new car out of that.

Nice

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 14, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
And yes, amazing revelation, I know - it is of course the cruddy 1.3 rather than the actually-pretty-decent Zetec-S lump.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

I want to see a build thread!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Blood Magnet posted:

I want to see a build thread!

"Update: Took car to shop - NEW fuel filter! Did more body work - I like how it's shaping up!"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think that James Bondo up there is molding an entirely new car out of that.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Maybe it's just slowly forming a cocoon and will turn out to be a beautiful butterfly-car when it's done.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I like to imagine it started with an aftermarket body kit that didn't line up so he added a little bit of bondo. The bondo of course didn't flow seamlessly into the body, so he had to add a little more. Then a tiny bit more. Then enough to get to the nearest joint in the body panels. But then the body panels didn't line up and he already had the bondo out...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Geirskogul posted:

Bondukkake.

Or, like, there's another similar car out there, and when they get together it's bondo-swap.avi.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Green colored bondo looks like it might be Evercoat Rage Gold or 3m. That's not the cheap stuff.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

I imagine the green stuff is to patch up the cracks that formed in the other bondo after he hit like one bump.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

daslog posted:

The Green colored bondo looks like it might be Evercoat Rage Gold or 3m. That's not the cheap stuff.

The cheap pink stuff is covered by the expensive green stuff. It's like some sick form of bondo inception.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

drgitlin posted:

I think you should be able to drive a supercar on the street and not have to wear a helmet, and that's the inside of a proper racing car with a full-on cage and six point harnesses.

Yeah, that's why I said Aesthetic and not Layout.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
A great sculptor was once asked, "How do you carve an elephant out of a giant bock of marble like that?"

He responded "My good sir, the elephant is already there, I just carve away all the parts that aren't an elephant."

Note I said Marble. Not Bondo; is that bondo in the trunk????

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Nubile Hillock posted:

I like to imagine it started with an aftermarket body kit that didn't line up so he added a little bit of bondo. The bondo of course didn't flow seamlessly into the body, so he had to add a little more. Then a tiny bit more. Then enough to get to the nearest joint in the body panels. But then the body panels didn't line up and he already had the bondo out...

It's a Saturn, the body panels didn't line up when it was brand new. :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

There is literally no saving grace about this car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Geirskogul posted:

<snip>

Oh my god.

I have done some lovely Bondo work. Did better Bondo work when I got a sander. The amount of money the owner must have spent in Bondo...

And wait a sec, how the bloody gently caress do you clog a fuel filter with Bondo?!