Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Are we officially talking about LeetHax in this thread?

Considering an official MAA screenshot had the leethax button in it, yes.

Codependent Poster posted:

I only use leethax for collecting bonuses because gently caress going to every ally's page and clicking all over for it.

I don't think any features work with it anymore either, but I'm not gonna use it or any other hack for gold or whatever.

The auto flightdeck still works. You need to update it every now and then, but it's worth the trouble.

Remember:set it to 10 minutes (3 for level 1 jets) for the most XP, and 20 for earning silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yvonmukluk posted:

Considering an official MAA screenshot had the leethax button in it, yes.

The auto flightdeck still works. You need to update it every now and then, but it's worth the trouble.

Remember:set it to 10 minutes (3 for level 1 jets) for the most XP, and 20 for earning silver.

I cant seem to get the auto flightdeck to work (its the only reason I want leethax). I go into the biohazard icon, check the box next to "Automate flight deck", then hit close, then nothing happens. Am I missing something? Does the game have to be the active tab in firefox or can I just leave it open in another tab while I do other stuff?

On an unrelated note, is there any point researching stuff? I'm level 87 and I fell behind on research a while ago because I didnt have enough silver to train people and research. Now I'm finding that the weapons I occasionally get from beating bosses/lockboxes etc are worlds better than anything I can research.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I keep hoping they incorporate Leethax's best feature by far: Skipping animations during fights. It's not that I dislike the animation, but the sheer volume of fights they ask for make animations drag things out and get less fun.

Silver is ridiculous to get in the iOS version. Heck, I think they even make it two or three times expensive to buy compared to the FB version so nobody but the most ridiculous or naive whales think to spend on it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SiKboy posted:

I cant seem to get the auto flightdeck to work (its the only reason I want leethax). I go into the biohazard icon, check the box next to "Automate flight deck", then hit close, then nothing happens. Am I missing something? Does the game have to be the active tab in firefox or can I just leave it open in another tab while I do other stuff?

On an unrelated note, is there any point researching stuff? I'm level 87 and I fell behind on research a while ago because I didnt have enough silver to train people and research. Now I'm finding that the weapons I occasionally get from beating bosses/lockboxes etc are worlds better than anything I can research.

Sometimes you need to kickstart it by collecting your ally bonuses with leethax.

Bell_ posted:

I keep hoping they incorporate Leethax's best feature by far: Skipping animations during fights. It's not that I dislike the animation, but the sheer volume of fights they ask for make animations drag things out and get less fun.

Silver is ridiculous to get in the iOS version. Heck, I think they even make it two or three times expensive to buy compared to the FB version so nobody but the most ridiculous or naive whales think to spend on it.

Yeah, skipping the animations is another handy benefit. It's a shame subsequent waves don't actually appear. Although you can still fight them but it's a pain since you can't check the classes of the various enemies.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yvonmukluk posted:

Sometimes you need to kickstart it by collecting your ally bonuses with leethax.

That sorted it, cheers!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Do I need to have the game actually open for it to collect and re-send the flight deck missions? It'll collect and re-send if I have the game open, but if I don't, it'll just stick on the "done" and then not re-send until I open the game again

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
No way we go a whole week without something new, right? Argh, why did I level to 300!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So I need five more heroes in order to complete Season 2-1:

Deadpool
Cable
Black Knight
Union Jack
Captain Britain

Should I go for the two 135 CP heroes first or just grab the 90 CP ones whenever I can rack up the CP? I suppose it doesn't really matter in the long run, does it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Grem posted:

No way we go a whole week without something new, right? Argh, why did I level to 300!

I'm actually surprised they've gone this long. Though I got excited when saw 30 new posts in the thread, I had hoped 2-2 had dropped, there was a new character or pvp started.

Nope.

I got lucky and bought a ton of those jars from the second last SpecOps that bought for pennies and sold for 12k silver. I have about 16 million silver right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So I need five more heroes in order to complete Season 2-1:

Deadpool
Cable
Black Knight
Union Jack
Captain Britain

Should I go for the two 135 CP heroes first or just grab the 90 CP ones whenever I can rack up the CP? I suppose it doesn't really matter in the long run, does it?

Well, you have to level all of those characters. I'd say to get Union Jack first and run him through 12-2 to get him to 9. By then you should have hopefully gotten some more drops with CP so you can pick another character and repeat the 12-2 thing. And so on and so forth.

But Cable is probably the only one who you absolutely have to level to 9 thanks to the heroic battle. You'll want Deadpool to be a high level too, but he's not as important as Cable.

So in the long run it probably doesn't matter. Union Jack would be the best to get if you're trying to farm CP though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I recommend grabbing the Brits first because they're both great characters, especially Union Jack. He's a loving meatgrinder.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Captain Britain paired with Quicksilver makes Incursions a breeze, too. Quicksilver uses Chrono Boost on CB. CB uses a Crippler then Britainic and boom, one enemy gone.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Gosh, how come all these Human Torches are invading from alternate universes?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

PvP season 10 starts "soon" with Bishop as the Adamantium reward.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

And more than likely Elektra as a lockbox reward.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

PvP page just got an update, although the tournament hasn't started yet.

:siren: You can now pick a different attacking team and defending team which are separate from one another :siren: Also the hero select pages show 12 heroes each so less scrolling.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
FYI this includes Agent loadout.

E: ALSO Bishop and Elektra are up on the Team page. Bishop's a Bruiser, Elektra's an Infiltrator (who causes Internal Bleeding with every attack)

E2: Also Angel's for sale, complete with costume.

Jeabus Mahogany fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 15, 2013

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Plus you can look at the stats on Elektra (she's like X-23. But with bleeds you can't remove. And perma-stealth.) and Bishop. (who has a cool/weird ability to swap attacks.)

Oh and Angle's Archangle costume is out. It's 90 CPs, gives him completely new abilities and comes in Blaster and Scrapper versions.

Also if you click on a heroes Bio, they tell you which hero they get which team up bonus with.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

X-Force Angel looks pretty good. He's like the anti-Rescue (assuming you don't buy his blaster outfit). Looking forward to seeing if this season won't be a festering shitheap that belongs only to spendtards hahahahah ok never mind of course it will.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Speaking of, the new PvP items are out. For a change they've released 3 (one is most attack, one is most defence and one is balanced.) The change is all three items are on sale for 19 days instead of the mad "7 day window to buy one item".

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Tournament starts at 3:30 MDT, looking forward to seeing lots of fair and fun pvp teams with a variety of heroes like Rescue, Phoenix, Rescue, Shadowcat, Rescue, Phoenix, Emma, Rescue and Rescue!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I got the PvPs10 announcement email that has a link for a 20 Challenge Point bonus.

I got too excited and thought it was a 20 Command point bonus.

:sigh:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Oh, hey, Rescue's Panacea Response only has a 70% chance to trigger now. Don't know if that's new, or if that was part of the previous nerf package and I only just noticed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fred is on posted:

Oh, hey, Rescue's Panacea Response only has a 70% chance to trigger now. Don't know if that's new, or if that was part of the previous nerf package and I only just noticed.

It was on the nerf last time. But if you run against the CPU you'll never notice because it'll always go off anyway.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

If you have Heroic Costume Iron-Fist when he uses pure of spirit and then his healing move he heals the entire team for 20-30K and restores Stamina.

I....don't know how you can deal with that. I had two guys trying to kill IF who could just heal himself to full every three turns. I only won because the AI forgot to do it one turn cycle and I got lucky.

In other news, I've decided that the Blackheart Set + Satana doesn't work in PvP. But the Lewis Gun, Juggernaught and Scrapper IF are working fine in PvP.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Another interesting PvP adjustment: Qualifying for a league now requires you to either reach a threshold in either PvP rating (1550 for Adamantium) OR top percentage (0.5% for Adamantium). Here's hoping this change'll cause the rewards system to glitch the gently caress out again at the end of the season. :v:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
It took my all but 8 fights to remind me why I basically didn't do PvP at all last season. Of course, in the process of not doing PvP I was the only person who didn't get Angel so now I'm stuck slogging through this bullshit in case there's another fuckup, which there won't be...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Iron Fist is totally awesome with his heal move. I'm testing out who to pair him up with. I have him and White Crown Phoenix on defense, so hopefully if there are any scrappers, he'll get to use his combo breaker to protect Jean. I have my agent as a tactician too since since he can block counters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
What gives you Photographic Reflexes?

And god i hate Omega and Rescue teams; i feel like I don't get to do anything because they keep going and going and going.

And holy poo poo, I don't know whats going on, but every team I've been up against is doing 2x the damage as normal in pvp. I'm getting hitting pretty regularly for over 10k damage.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

What gives you Photographic Reflexes?

Taskmasters sword from the last spec ops

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
My Agent is L37. Even if I had the gold, I suppose there's no point in reforging any equipment until L300, right?

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

My Agent is L37. Even if I had the gold, I suppose there's no point in reforging any equipment until L300, right?

Not unless it's really really reeeeeally useful, and even then not at your level.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

On the iOS front, Black Panther is now available. Is he worthwhile?

Also, iOS PvP tourney for Psylocke.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Like Gambit, he should be pretty good until newer heroes come that outclass him. If you pvp, there's blasters everywhere to abuse with him.

On that note, matchmaking is horrible with iOS.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

twistedmentat posted:

And god i hate Omega and Rescue teams; i feel like I don't get to do anything because they keep going and going and going.

It's what I'm running, but in my defense I was doing it before it was cool. I sort of fell over backwards into a top-tier team, since both were the only halfway decent characters I had soon after I started playing, and I've been using them ever since.

I'm considering putting a crummy team on defense for the first week or two, so my rating goes down and I don't rocket into spendtard tier too soon. Any reason that could be a bad idea?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Liar Lyre posted:

On the iOS front, Black Panther is now available. Is he worthwhile?
He is an absolute monster in any PvE fight that has a blaster. I use him to completely clown the Jack O'Lantern fight when running the 7-3 epic boss.

As for PvP there are probably better choices but if you hit a lot of blasters he's extremely powerful.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Fred is on posted:

I'm considering putting a crummy team on defense for the first week or two, so my rating goes down and I don't rocket into spendtard tier too soon. Any reason that could be a bad idea?
I dunno. The nice thing is the number of games you'll need to play has probably been halved, though if your team is borderline you may end up playing more games to maintain your rank.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Taskmasters sword from the last spec ops
I love Mimic. I love Taskmaster.

Syrinxx posted:

He is an absolute monster in any PvE fight that has a blaster. I use him to completely clown the Jack O'Lantern fight when running the 7-3 epic boss.

As for PvP there are probably better choices but if you hit a lot of blasters he's extremely powerful.
I think I might have fought a PVP that didn't have either Dr. Strange or Human Torch in it, once.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Fred is on posted:

Spendtards are extremely lazy on offense and expect defenses alone to rank them up, so a lot of them hover around the middle ranks (1100-1300) until the last week. Sometimes it's better to get ahead of them early and never look back. Your mileage may vary, but that's been my experience at 300 where full armories of 2g items are considered average and the big spenders fill up with 64g items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What if they modified PVP somehow, to buff characters people aren't using and debuff the super common ones?

Like, everyone is using Rescue & Omege. Make that combo 95% less effective, and then buff Mr Fantastic & Colossus to be 95% more effective... until everyone swaps of to them, then the cycle continues.

It might encourage people to at least try new combos.

• Locked thread