Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Zybourne Clock posted:

It's a portable coffee filter that connects with a mason jar. I think I have one of those around here somewhere, except it's plastic, works with any bottle I want, and it cost me 99 cents or something close to that. It's not an ~authentic, artisan~ filter though, so I will have to live in shame with the knowledge my poor knockoff can't be used to make coffee as tasty as the 27 dollar real-deal.

I'll wager yours also fits over a container that won't get scalding hot once you pour in the coffee. Sorry if you missed out on ordering the mason jar koozie, enjoy burning the poo poo out of your hands once your coffee's brewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

I'll wager yours also fits over a container that won't get scalding hot once you pour in the coffee. Sorry if you missed out on ordering the mason jar koozie, enjoy burning the poo poo out of your hands once your coffee's brewed.

It's the $10 reward.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I like how on one side of things you have pretty normal people like the 'breastfeeding in public shouldn't be seen as sexual and looked down on' crowd, and then you apparently have the people selling breast milk cookbooks where literally every photo has a big ol pair of titties in them just hanging out unrelated. I feel like there was a communication error somewhere.

It's basically a pg-13 picture book of rear end n titties with some recipes as an afterthought. They're not even trying to hide it.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Toffile posted:

It's the $10 reward.

I get the logic that was behind each of these components individually, especially in the context of marketing $30 funnels, but still

Least it'll go well with your adult tricycle

Tubgirl Cosplay has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Aug 16, 2013

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

I get the logic that was behind each of these components individually, especially in the context of marketing $30 funnels, but still

Drink it on your tricycle as you ride to your kickball game.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Toffile posted:

It's the $10 reward.

I saw those, but they're a limited run of 10.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Jesus that's between a quarter and a dollar's worth of yarn depending on how much they cheaped out on yarn and a half hour to knit that. Maybe less.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

neongrey posted:

Jesus that's between a quarter and a dollar's worth of yarn depending on how much they cheaped out on yarn and a half hour to knit that. Maybe less.

But they require actual time and effort to make instead of just giving their dumb design for a lid to some company and shipping them with jars.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Not really, looking at how that's made, you could have seven year olds in a 'learn how to knit' class make those things.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I'm not saying that it's hard. Just that it requires more of a time investment than ordering however many they need of something.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Zybourne Clock posted:

It's a portable coffee filter that connects with a mason jar. I think I have one of those around here somewhere, except it's plastic, works with any bottle I want, and it cost me 99 cents or something close to that. It's not an ~authentic, artisan~ filter though, so I will have to live in shame with the knowledge my poor knockoff can't be used to make coffee as tasty as the 27 dollar real-deal.

Drip though? Really? I'll stick with my Mason French Press thanks.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/bucket/the-portland-press

https://vimeo.com/64626471

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I'm a bit worried about the recipe for the bread.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Don't be foolish. This is a mason jar and it has like, earth tones on it and stuff

glass has a shorter half life than plastic yeah? So it's totally green then yeah?

Wait it's the other way around? Well gently caress you then

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I like how on one side of things you have pretty normal people like the 'breastfeeding in public shouldn't be seen as sexual and looked down on' crowd, and then you apparently have the people selling breast milk cookbooks where literally every photo has a big ol pair of titties in them just hanging out unrelated. I feel like there was a communication error somewhere.

On a similar note I am heartened that there has been somewhat of a backlash against shirts and bumperstickers that say "BOOBS are awesome!" - or "I love TITTIES" - and because they are for breast cancer awareness or a survivor thing they are therefore acceptable - HAR - HAR - HAR!

Sorry, they are not edgy or cool - they are still tacky and offensive and nobody in their right mind thinks it's OK.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I would pay money for a straightforward book of recipes and tits. It should be just a regular recipe book, but instead of photos of the food, there would be nice photos of boobs, with maybe the food off to the side somewhere. Nowhere in the book would words like "breast," "boob," or "tit" be used and the nature of the photos should never even be acknowledged.

There could be spin-offs, too: A barbeque book where there's a dick on every plate. Some flaccid, some engorged. All of them casually right next to some good-looking barbequed meats, as if they belong there; as if this is how barbeque has been done for ages and you've only just noticed. The Vegetarian Bible will be an 18 inch coffee table book with Wayne Gretzky's ballsack hidden on every page. It would be like Where's Waldo, but where Waldo is actually nuts. An appetizer handbook would feature an rear end in a top hat on every page. It would not even show full butt cheeks, just a single brown eye hovering somewhere near each appetizer, stoic, unbleached. Here's your bacon-wrapped jalapeno shrimp and that's a butthole. Just go with it, man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Noni posted:

I would pay money for a straightforward book of recipes and tits. It should be just a regular recipe book, but instead of photos of the food, there would be nice photos of boobs, with maybe the food off to the side somewhere. Nowhere in the book would words like "breast," "boob," or "tit" be used and the nature of the photos should never even be acknowledged.

There could be spin-offs, too: A barbeque book where there's a dick on every plate. Some flaccid, some engorged. All of them casually right next to some good-looking barbequed meats, as if they belong there; as if this is how barbeque has been done for ages and you've only just noticed. The Vegetarian Bible will be an 18 inch coffee table book with Wayne Gretzky's ballsack hidden on every page. It would be like Where's Waldo, but where Waldo is actually nuts. An appetizer handbook would feature an rear end in a top hat on every page. It would not even show full butt cheeks, just a single brown eye hovering somewhere near each appetizer, stoic, unbleached. Here's your bacon-wrapped jalapeno shrimp and that's a butthole. Just go with it, man.

:lol:
Oh god. I nearly ruptured something laughing. Time to make an Indiegogo campaign to pay for the medical bills.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Noni posted:

I would pay money for a straightforward book of recipes and tits.

Wh...what have you done? :stare:

This is going to be the next iphone wallet case :homebrew:

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

Noni posted:

Thank you for this, you made my night.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WickedHate posted:

:lol:
Oh god. I nearly ruptured something laughing. Time to make an Indiegogo campaign to pay for the medical bills.

Offer the recipe book as a reward and I'll pledge.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

You'd require a lot of people playing along with you. Like if there were hundreds of comments giving the usual generic praise/platitudes for the books, dotted with one or two comments asking why there are sausages next to the sausage casserole, and people were just like "that's how it's always been?", that would be funny. If it were hundreds of people asking the same questions with the campaign editor keeping up the denial/charade all on their lonesome, it just becomes sad.

And that's ignoring the men who would be perfectly fine if the book were filled with just tits/pussy/rear end, and the women who would be perfectly fine if the book were filled with just cock/balls/abs, but both groups get indignant when there's something for everyone.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy hell, it's a $10 million failure. :stare:

Had they not been asking for a target as ridiculously high as they did, then it would be one of the biggest crowdfunding successes ever [edit: apparently, second only to Star Citizen, and even that took several months of overtime to hit its $15.5 mil]. As it stands, it's pretty much confirming what we all know: no, you can't crowdfund a $32million R&D budget for a $800 phone.

Delusibeta has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Aug 17, 2013

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
Seems like you'd probably need near that much, maybe even on the low end, to create a brand new cell phone from the ground up.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Delusibeta posted:

As it stands, it's pretty much confirming what we all know: no, you can't crowdfund a $32million R&D budget for a $800 phone.

There was too little reward for small pledges. For 20$ you get your name mentioned on some website and.... that's it. For $50 you get a T-Shirt. And then there's a whole lot of nothingness up till the $695 pledge for the phone. I think with more/better rewards for small pledges, the goal would have been achieved more easily.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Never drop your watermelons again. Who carries around so many watermelons, one at a time, that they need a device dedicated to the task? It would probably fit in very well in a late at night infomercial lineup.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Seems like you could get the same result with a bit of rope if you're really that worried about dropping your watermelon. But since when has carrying a watermelon been some Sisyphean task, anyway? I mean, I'm kind of out of shape but carrying a watermelon has never seemed like something I need a special harness for.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cerevisiae posted:

Never drop your watermelons again. Who carries around so many watermelons, one at a time, that they need a device dedicated to the task? It would probably fit in very well in a late at night infomercial lineup.

It seems they are more interested in selling these to watermelon vendors than the general public, having mentioned the public almost as an afterthought. In which case this is pretty cool, but trying to get funding from a group that isn't really being marketed the product.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

hazzlebarth posted:

There was too little reward for small pledges. For 20$ you get your name mentioned on some website and.... that's it. For $50 you get a T-Shirt. And then there's a whole lot of nothingness up till the $695 pledge for the phone. I think with more/better rewards for small pledges, the goal would have been achieved more easily.

It's a good way to get an extra grand or two, probably not $20 million.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
"We currently have interest from Kroger Co in sending them our product information and we want to demonstrate to them and others that we are capable of raising funding through private and crowdsourced channels to get ramped up for large scale distribution based on nationwide supermarket store demand."

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

thylacine posted:

"We currently have interest from Kroger Co in sending them our product information and we want to demonstrate to them and others that we are capable of raising funding through private and crowdsourced channels to get ramped up for large scale distribution based on nationwide supermarket store demand."

I didn't say they were successful in their venture, that statement certainly does show that at least Kroger is giving them the kiss-off, but also that Kroger was approached before the Kickstarter began.

"The straps can also be printed with custom labeling to display more information about the store selling the watermelon or the farm growing the products."

"We need to choose the most earth-friendly materials that are biodegradable as much as possible."

This makes it sound like disposable packaging.

"We want to also design several types of straps depending on customer needs: (1) pre-installed on the melon in the box at retail, (2) pre-installed on the melon on table/shelf display, (3) on stand next to melons for customer purchase and re-use, (4) installed during harvest on the farm for improved handling & distribution."

All but point 3 are deals where the purchaser is anyone but the watermelon consumer.

From Risks and Challenges:
"We are building relationships with investors to help us sustain growth and expand product development and distribution channels and also provide the marketing to keep winning new business from farmers, to distribution companies, to grocery stores for our Watermelon Straps product line."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's actually not the weirdest individual watermelon transportation system that has ever been invented. That honour belongs o the refrigerated melon stroller.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Aug 17, 2013

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Kaizoku posted:

From Risks and Challenges:
"We are building relationships with investors to help us sustain growth and expand product development and distribution channels and also provide the marketing to keep winning new business from farmers, to distribution companies, to grocery stores for our Watermelon Straps product line."

They don't mention the biggest risk:

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's actually not the weirdest individual watermelon transportation system that has ever been invented. That honour belongs o the refrigerated melon stroller.

Spacemelon stroller™

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
It seems like even if you roll with the premise that constantly dropped melons are a real problem a single stretchy plastic strap wrapped around the widest point on a smooth basically spherical object would not be the solution. Like, only their crappy 3D model looks like it would be capable of actually successfully containing a watermelon.

So the question I've got is, what sex toy is this a weak cover for?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nnep posted:

Spacemelon stroller™

The Homer Stroller

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

So the question I've got is, what sex toy is this a weak cover for?

Perhaps some sort of breast melon fondling device?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Someone wants $50,000 to build a giant statue of Steve Jobs. You will be entirely unsurprised to hear that they are asking on Indiegogo and using flexible funding.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

Someone wants $50,000 to build a giant statue of Steve Jobs. You will be entirely unsurprised to hear that they are asking on Indiegogo and using flexible funding.

If the statue had plugs at the base to charge your iThings and one of the reward options was a miniature Jobs-statue-charger to use at home, this thing would already be funded.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

That Steve Jobs thing posted:

However, if the campaign raises enough capital - more than what we could conservatively hope to raise - we'll aim for Statue of Liberty and Colossus of Rhodes proportions :).

Why do people keep donating to these things? :qq:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DancingPenguin posted:

Why do people keep donating to these things? :qq:

Because bell curves have two sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

The best part about this is his $1 donation feature.
"We don't have any art talent at all, so you can PAY US to put your assets into our game!"

I'm tempted to throw in the buck just to send them a pixellated dong.