Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

The Natural posted:

I'm a regular listener of both The Ramble and The Guardian podcast, is there anything else decent out there? I've read the OP but none of them really tickle my fancy.

There is Men in Blazers and the European Football Show.

Men in Blazers are two ex-Brits in America. It is focused on the Premier League but geared a little toward the American audience. They do try to provide humor to the show.

European Football Show is hosted by Dave Fararr and they have people like Matt Spiro and Ben Lyttleton on the show.

None of those 2 are as good as Football Ramble and The Guardian, but if you are desperate for podcast I guess it is worth a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
The European Football Show is on the dry side but I quite like it. Hope it sticks around on a regular basis with the (new? old? renewed?) Eurosport partnership, because it was kind of inconsistent for a bit last year.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Natural posted:

I'm a regular listener of both The Ramble and The Guardian podcast, is there anything else decent out there? I've read the OP but none of them really tickle my fancy.

Not really. I'm also looking for some thing like the ramble (as in fan made rather than an outlet).

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Jippa posted:

Not really. I'm also looking for some thing like the ramble (as in fan made rather than an outlet).

Because Arsenal are a shambles I truly enjoy Alan Davies and co. losing their minds on the Tuesday Club even though I am not a gooner.

Listened to the first ramble of the new season. Surprised they are closing the DWHoF and not replacing it with anything. Burnout?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

MoPZiG posted:

Because Arsenal are a shambles I truly enjoy Alan Davies and co. losing their minds on the Tuesday Club even though I am not a gooner.

Listened to the first ramble of the new season. Surprised they are closing the DWHoF and not replacing it with anything. Burnout?

Gotta switch up the gimmicks or they get old?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Max Rushden presenting this weeks FW :(

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Natural posted:

I like the Rushden shows. He's not as good as Jimbo, but the pods are always good when he's doing it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Natural posted:

And they had a serious case of the giggles, and it gave us "Aston Villa - Title favorites" so really, who are we to complain?

Extra has been good so far also. :)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

I think they've gotten real tired of them the last two seasons, the number of shows has gone from almost weekly to monthly, unless something insane happens. That said the Bradford City show from last year was an all time classic since they were recording some of it during the match. But yeah, I'm an Arsenal fan so it's a good listen albeit schizophrenic to say the least.

For The Natural, it depends on what you want to listen to. I could recommend a few (The Best Soccer Show and Arseblog's Arsecast spring to mind) but they're primarily for American fans or Arsenal fans. Updating the recommended shows list in the OP might be a good idea.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I pissed myself laughing at the ramble this week, top thing to listen to imo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The ramble is easily the best football podcast. They have the best outlook on the game as a whole and can laugh at how ridiculous it is at times.

The bit about the nigerian match fixing the other week was hilarious.

Honestly if I was a pompey supporter I would be a bitter/jaded fucker but luke is so enthusiastic it's infectious.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I've got a weird issue with the ramble. When I listen to it on my iPod, it's fine, but when I dock my iPod into my speaker (this one) it slows down their voices a bit. It's fine when I dock it for anything else and it's fine when I listen to the ramble over Airplay. Anyone have any ideas why this might be? It's not a big deal or anything, I'm just curious as to why it's happening.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The Ramble is brilliant. I love Luke, he's got some great opinions and will often reply on twitter to you. I'm gonna try and get him a pint at Pompey v York in March.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The Nigerian match fixing thing was great. I was rolling around on a bike laughing and people were looking at me like I was insane.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

The Ramble is brilliant. I love Luke, he's got some great opinions and will often reply on twitter to you. I'm gonna try and get him a pint at Pompey v York in March.

I got him once, he's a great guy

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Man, I hate Fernando Duarte. Especially when he starts quoting Family Guy.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
There's a new Tuesday club up. S`alright.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Wirth1000 posted:

Man, I hate Fernando Duarte. Especially when he starts quoting Family Guy.

He was loving shite this week. Other than his tip that Hulk's arse is a thing in Brazil.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
When's Jimbo back? Not that I have anything against Max Rushdon, I find his Partridge-esque crap celebrity namedrops quite endearing

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

When's Jimbo back? Not that I have anything against Max Rushdon, I find his Partridge-esque crap celebrity namedrops quite endearing

Max says that he will be back Thursday.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Great to have jimbo back, he is the perfect podcast host imo.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Nice international pundit lineup as well. Also, how come the Guardian's pod is good while their football coverage is poo poo?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Koesj posted:

Nice international pundit lineup as well. Also, how come the Guardian's pod is good while their football coverage is poo poo?

Every rag's football coverage is poo poo m8

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Say what you want about Fernando Duarte, but he has the best accent on the podcast.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is there a set day they release the football ramble or do they just put them up whenever they're done?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Koesj posted:

There are some interesting articles on the site, but there's just so much fluff and bullshit that it's tough to spot

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is there a set day they release the football ramble or do they just put them up whenever they're done?
Wednesday. Last weeks was delayed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Last season it was usually out on a Monday evening, sometimes Tuesday if there was a game on. Although this season they're recording it at Absolute's studios, so maybe they don't have as much say over it as they used to.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Jimbo's crack about Rooney was pure gold this week.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Mickolution posted:

Last season it was usually out on a Monday evening, sometimes Tuesday if there was a game on. Although this season they're recording it at Absolute's studios, so maybe they don't have as much say over it as they used to.

It's out now, and transfer deadline day is covered in detail, so signs point to Tuesday.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Mandalay posted:

It's out now, and transfer deadline day is covered in detail, so signs point to Tuesday.

The Paddy Power advert is outdated though. Soldado did not net against Arsenal, so just as well.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Homura posted:

The Paddy Power advert is outdated though. Soldado did not net against Arsenal, so just as well.

Haha yes, that was funny. Paddy Power scams ITP!

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

Jesus Christ, Sid Lowe was dogshite on FW Extra. If I have to hear him say the word "fundamentally" one more goddamn time I swear to god

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
I really did enjoy the Moldova facts.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

sweek0 posted:

I really did enjoy the Moldova facts.

I enjoyed Barry and his disinterest in the facts.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Von Linus posted:

I enjoyed Barry and his disinterest in the facts.

I feel like he's trying to hard to play a stock character sometimes.

e: I'm still confused about James McCarthy

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I remember "straight talking" barry was actually defending loving talksport at some point last season. I thought that was odd at the time but now it becomes clear.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jippa posted:

I remember "straight talking" barry was actually defending loving talksport at some point last season. I thought that was odd at the time but now it becomes clear.

I don't really remember this, but Barry is absolutely awful at arguing, and will take ridiculous positions the moment he gets challenged on something. I've heard him go off into some absolutely retarded tangents that started with him making a relatively decent point.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I just remember barry's whole shtick as being the guy that took joy in calling out "bullshit" be it players,managers,officials or journalists. I really enjoyed it.

Then you join talksport..... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dox
Mar 4, 2006
We should all make a pitch to get Fernando Duarte on the Football Ramble. I quite like him.