Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
Bimmers, Benz's and Volvos?! Better throw in some VAG heresy to complete the circle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

DropShadow posted:

I saw this on GramCracker's FB feed and figured he would have posted it here by now, but since he hasn't: Ferrari F40 LM Restoration on Build Threads.

Wow that's amazing, thanks for the link. But holy poo poo, that wiring:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Stealth Like posted:

Wow that's amazing, thanks for the link. But holy poo poo, that wiring:

Amazingly that really isn't that bad, it isn't managed well, but if you've ever been into a wiring harness in a modern car...

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
Really wish I had gotten a picture but today I saw a Volt with the license plate "WATT/AMP".

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Holy gently caress.

Not a Volvo guy, but that is poo poo hot.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
Took a trip to Thailand.

Saw a Lambo outside my hotel.

Saw it leave.

Saw it on a shelf.

Showing some :black101: tuk-tuk love.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

veedubfreak posted:

What's with the priest on the left side of the car?

They're attracted to little tots.

I miss the old thread that had nothing but awesome photos of Sprites. They were heaps of them and a couple of avatars.

Das Volk posted:

And this...

I have a feeling these are becoming more and more forgotten, but someone still loves this thing.
I'm a fan of the 500E too.
Boring, a little pretentious with the MB badge but not too much. Decent performance, good daily driver/family car.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 17, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

huhwhat posted:

Took a trip to Thailand.

Showing some :black101: tuk-tuk love.

Tuk-tuks have three wheels :ssh: That is a songthaew (song-too) which is like a multi-person taxi. Takes a little longer sometimes depending on who is going where but they're like 25 baht, 50 for gaijin :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Surprised the Gallardo doesn't have a plate with 7 or something.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

Bimmers, Benz's and Volvos?! Better throw in some VAG heresy to complete the circle!

What motor is that?

Here's a custom-built GTR wagon:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

angryhampster posted:

What motor is that?

Here's a custom-built GTR wagon:

That looks like a beautiful love child between a V70R and a GTR, delicious.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
The only thing we can be certain of is that the owner has a sense of humor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tacky as all hell and yet....I like.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Small car show in town tonight, only had a phone camera with no flash so I missed a lot of things.

First time I've actually seen one of these in person.

These things must be scary as hell to drive fast.

Kind of wish it still had a four cylinder, but I like it.

This thing is so awesomely stupid.

Little race car.

There was a very nice R32 Skyline, a MkIV Supra, and some great looking lowriders and vintage muscle cars, but the lighting on them was kind of hosed so no pictures. :smith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

blk
Dec 19, 2009

huhwhat posted:

Took a trip to Thailand.

Going in a couple months; any tips?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Do that one thing through the airport turnstiles if they still have those

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also new post for this one just because it needs to be isolated.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

ooooooh. Boobs. Yeah i got it now.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

Das Volk posted:

Tuk-tuks have three wheels :ssh: That is a songthaew (song-too) which is like a multi-person taxi. Takes a little longer sometimes depending on who is going where but they're like 25 baht, 50 for gaijin :v:

That's what I get for travelling with people too polite to correct me. :cheeky:

blk posted:

Going in a couple months; any tips?

Eh, I went to a real touristy spot in Hat Yai so that might not be the experience you're looking for. The aforementioned songthaews charged me 20 baht for trips to the nearby markets. Off season price is like 1500 baht per night at Lee Gardens where I stayed and I think that includes the buffet breakfast - pack in as much protein as you can before heading out for a long day of walking. Price can go up to 2000 baht during peak season. The hotel itself charges 350 for an hour of massage. Not the best deal around, but the place is clean :shrug: . If you're buying stuff, be prepared to bargain hard. I managed to get a bag down from 600 to 300 after I feigned disinterest and slowly walked away.

VVVVVVVVVVVV
Edit: What he said.

Also, link to SA's incredible SE Asia Mega Thread.

huhwhat fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 18, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
For an American 350 baht (around $11 now?) for an hour of massage, especially if it's the one at Wat Pho in Bangkok is outstanding. I would definitely go to the northern part of Thailand; check out Chiang Mai and the local specialty Kao Soi, check out Doi Inthanon and the elephant reserve. If your idea of Thailand is ladyboys and booze, stick to Bangkok and the red light district around Sukhumvit. Also the Thai mall MBK is amazing and full of cool poo poo, the markets are too, really all of Bangkok is jam packed with neat stuff. If you're nice enough to the right vendors you can get them to pull out the AAA grade high end watch copies too.

+1 on the haggling too, which can be kind of fun.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Also new post for this one just because it needs to be isolated.

Don't care if those cars are in good condition or not. Those are totaled in my eyes. Now the better question is how to burn the cars without setting the field surrounding them on fire.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
My friends life is pretty AI, even if he dont mean for it to be.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

angryhampster posted:

What motor is that?

That's a 2.7 bi-turbo V6 pulled either from a B5 S4 or an A6; I can't remember.

Build thread: http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?p=599598

Although it doesn't look like the guy updated in a while. Here's an even better Sport Quattro replica build thread wherein the guy actually follows through with the thread AND uses a 2.2L 5 cylinder pulled from wrecked S2 Coupe: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22390

Highlights:

(yes, that is an oil cooler in the rear spoiler)

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Is a storm watching Baja awesome AI material or wrong thread? Sorry for the crappy cell phone shot, traffic was making it hard to speed match.

Looks like a pretty sweet practical use for an oddball car.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 18, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Devyl posted:

It's actually a SAAB piece from their Aero X concept. Here's the full dash:

Oh god it's like a Winamp skin, but IRL. :stare:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Is a storm watching Baja awesome AI material or wrong thread? Sorry for the crappy cell phone shot, traffic was making it hard to speed match.

Looks like a pretty sweet practical use for an oddball car.

Guessing that's actually just an amateur radio antenna. They might still do storm chasing, but i think it's just a HAM freak. :)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Saw this outside the grocery store:

The wooden truck bed is drat sexy, and it looks like it might even get used sometimes? If only to haul... is that cat litter in the corner?

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
I took a couple of pictures at a local vintage race:

A few more pictures can be found in the gallery: https://plus.google.com/photos/111416010640150292517/albums/5913507733982859601?banner=pwa&authkey=CKvoif6bhKXH7QE

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

DS on a racetrack is flippin' hilarious.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

KozmoNaut posted:

How about chasing down lions with one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTkVP_Q_0M

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

It is no joke. It is quite fast. Last year in the wet it was in the running for the overall victory. You should see all the knobs and gauges in the suspension control center within the drivers reach.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

DoLittle posted:

It is no joke. It is quite fast. Last year in the wet it was in the running for the overall victory. You should see all the knobs and gauges in the suspension control center within the drivers reach.

I can imagine it being quite adaptable to varying conditions if you plumb the suspension for manual control and know how to fiddle it correctly. They were quite good at rallying over rough terrain, too.

It just seems so silly to race a French comfort-barge like that.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

How about chasing down lions with one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTkVP_Q_0M

I love how relaxed the driver looks in the interior shot. Brilliant cars.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

It just seems so silly to race a French comfort-barge like that.

If by silly you mean awesome! Did I say awesome? Citroen SMs are AWESOME.

(click for big)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Had to circle around to get a picture of this beauty.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Citreon actually had a very storied history with the DS and even the 2CV.

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/sport/ds-rally-cars-01.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=Citroen+2CV+racing&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=SGMSUtGDIcPA4AOVx4HgCw&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1130&bih=786
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/sport/7decades.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Had to run to UPS today, normally I drive by this place and see the one but today there was another, TWO Saleen Mustangs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

I saw this on GramCracker's FB feed and figured he would have posted it here by now, but since he hasn't: Ferrari F40 LM Restoration on Build Threads.

Thanks, dawg! I clicked that link and got completely immersed in that build thread, I literally lost track of time for an hour.

Click for orgasmic V8 twin turbo noises. I love when he actually goes through the gears and it looks like it wants to leap off the dyno...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2GrPgWnjg