Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Volition Stream Spoiler: Super Genki!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Cross-Section posted:

I had that same bug, had the base version of Gents of Steelport installed. Female Boss too, if that matters.
All right, looks like that's causing it then. I also have the base version of the mod installed and use a lady boss.

edit: I'm just glad to find out it's not some bullshit problem with my hardware causing that.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 19, 2013

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cross-Section posted:

I had that same bug, had the base version of Gents of Steelport installed. Female Boss too, if that matters.

I too am Spartacus.

Oh wait.

Yeah, glitched Cyrus Temple with woman Boss in GoS, several times.

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

ShadeofDante posted:

Every time someone says this, I go and check mine, and it's not there. :smith:

Maybe it'll be waiting for me by the time I'm done with work this evening...

Maybe you got an email, I only got an email with keys but nothing in my GMG library.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

poptart_fairy posted:

19 hours. :getin:

Work, home, sleep, wake up, SAINTS ROW.

e; oh poo poo, just realised I still half a bottle of Jack Daniels in the cupboard. Lets do this utterly wasted.

:rubshands::hf::barf:

My manager scheduled me to close tonight. Of course, I request off for Saint's Row IV, I get scheduled to get off work at 1am.

What's the best way to stay up without guzzling enough energy drinks to give me a heart attack? I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
West Coast represent, 9pm unlock time! :pcgaming:

I can't wait to run around as a super powered rear end in a top hat in a hot dog suit.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

TheSpiritFox posted:

My manager scheduled me to close tonight. Of course, I request off for Saint's Row IV, I get scheduled to get off work at 1am.

What's the best way to stay up without guzzling enough energy drinks to give me a heart attack? I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Try to fit in a nap. But it sounds like you're working so I guess that doesn't work.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

J posted:

You can listen to radio stations while not in a car??? God that was one of my bigger gripes with SR3, I remember holding down the exit car key to do the moving bailout just because that would leave the radio playing somewhat audibly if you were still near the car. It really sucked having the music interrupted in that game sometimes.

If you double-tap Triangle/Y when getting out of a car, it'll leave the radio on for you.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Psssh. Just finished pre-loading the game and a third of the download came from Australian content servers anyway. I'd love to know what the hold-up is for Aus.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Per the Volition stream, they're trying to get Steam Workshop support for SRIV. It's kinda neat to see them embrace the mod community so wholeheartedly.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I too am looking for Shlongs of Skyrim Steelport being on the front page of saintsrow.nexus.com

But seriously open modding is a move for the better

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I really want to know what IdolNinja has cooking.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TalonDemonKing posted:

I too am looking for Shlongs of Skyrim Steelport being on the front page of saintsrow.nexus.com

But seriously open modding is a move for the better

Volition has created a game where almost anything you pull from Nexus would fit perfectly within context. I am very excited for a future in which I run around as Sonic the Hedgehog with a jiggling penis killing people with enormous, lowpoly boobs using a dubstep cannon.

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.
I was just going to import my old SR3 boss, but I changed my mind. You know who else wears purple clothes and is a murderous psychopath puckish rogue? Hit Girl, of course.

I wish I could figure out a better way to get the costume to fit, but with the limited customization I think that's the best I can do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TheSpiritFox posted:

Serious response post:
Try to nap, of course, but the best way to stay awake is to eat lean proteins, vegetables and fruits. Coffee can be fine to kickstart yourself in the morning but is a poor means to keep the engine running. Energy drinks should be avoided as much as possible. If you NEED one, get one with the lowest sugar content you can find. They all taste like rear end so who care (though I have a weakness for Monster Rehab).

Make yourself a bunch of chicken and broccoli/brussel sprouts. Maintain inertia, avoid everything that will make you peak. Avoid fatty beef, pork and turkey. Apples tend to keep people awake as well.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Inzombiac posted:

Serious response post:
Try to nap, of course, but the best way to stay awake is to eat lean proteins, vegetables and fruits. Coffee can be fine to kickstart yourself in the morning but is a poor means to keep the engine running. Energy drinks should be avoided as much as possible. If you NEED one, get one with the lowest sugar content you can find. They all taste like rear end so who care (though I have a weakness for Monster Rehab).

Make yourself a bunch of chicken and broccoli/brussel sprouts. Maintain inertia, avoid everything that will make you peak. Avoid fatty beef, pork and turkey. Apples tend to keep people awake as well.

Put this in the OP.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

serewit posted:

Per the Volition stream, they're trying to get Steam Workshop support for SRIV. It's kinda neat to see them embrace the mod community so wholeheartedly.

I think I read somewhere that Volition has always been open to the idea of modding, but the publishers, THQ, didn't let them. Now that they're with Deep Silver, they seem to have a lot more freedom to do what they want.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hank Morgan posted:

I tested with spotflux last night and it worked without issue. Was able to get to the steam store page with the US countdown.
This is from a couple of pages back, but I tried Spotflux and it just sent me to the regular EU store page. :saddowns:

The Steam update news that popped up showed the prices in dollars, but I didn't get to the US store itself. Is there something I'm missing?

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Come on Green Man, I'm dying.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Was this posted yet? Supposed SR4 DLC:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

This is from a couple of pages back, but I tried Spotflux and it just sent me to the regular EU store page. :saddowns:

The Steam update news that popped up showed the prices in dollars, but I didn't get to the US store itself. Is there something I'm missing?

It's worked for me in the past. Did you totally restart steam after spotflux started? It also might have somehow loaded a cached store page :shrug:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

Was this posted yet? Supposed SR4 DLC:

Yes it was. Thanks for not reading the thread and then breaking the tables for no reason!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I'm eagerly awaiting the first person to not realise the game is set in the matrix and starts complaining about the intentional graphical glitches in the game-world.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

I got the same as that but when I tried it I went to the SR4 store page and it showed the game as unlocking at the US deadline.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
"This is the end of the Saints Row franchise."

Well. :smith:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rookersh posted:

"This is the end of the Saints Row franchise."

Well. :smith:

What!? Hell, that sucks. Any reason why?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

havenwaters posted:

What!? Hell, that sucks. Any reason why?

I have no idea. Popped up the stream as soon as I got home to them saying this is the end of the Saints Row story.

It wasn't a definitive "This is the last Saints Row" ( franchise was NOT the right word, sorry ), just that this is the last story in this arc. Several other people have mentioned this feels like the end of the Boss arc, so I'm hoping that's what it means.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Must not look at spoilers. I hope it doesn't become super spoiler bar heavy in here though.

Oh who I am kidding it's going to. :v:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a preload for this on steam? I'll probably get it now if there is.

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

Gunder posted:

Is there a preload for this on steam? I'll probably get it now if there is.

Yes there is one, get it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rookersh posted:

I have no idea. Popped up the stream as soon as I got home to them saying this is the end of the Saints Row story.

It wasn't a definitive "This is the last Saints Row" ( franchise was NOT the right word, sorry ), just that this is the last story in this arc. Several other people have mentioned this feels like the end of the Boss arc, so I'm hoping that's what it means.

Yeah, from what I understand, this game seems to end in a place where there really honesty isn't anywhere left to go. Everything basically gets wrapped up, the Boss is in a very Boss place. There really isn't anywhere left to go, barring a reboot or a spiritual successor. This is the Boss achieving their ultimate destiny.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Phew, was worried there for a minute. They've said as much weeks ago, but then it was packaged more as "this is the end of the boss' story, any further Saints Row games, if we make them, would go in a different direction." Why are we spoilertagging developer talk anyway

Shindragon posted:

Oh who I am kidding it's going to. :v:
Yeeeah probably as good a point as any to get the hell out of dodge. See you when Europe catches up. Are we gonna have a separate thread for gamertags/PNS/Steam IDs? Dedicated subforum is still around and all that.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hank Morgan posted:

I got the same as that but when I tried it I went to the SR4 store page and it showed the game as unlocking at the US deadline.
Well, that's odd. Spotflux definitely gives me a US IP, but I can't get to the US Steam store no matter what I do. I've made sure Steam is closed and not even running in the background, but when I turn on Spotflux and start Steam it just gives me the EU store as usual and the SRIV store page shows the EU release date.

I did manage to get to the US store using USAIP, though, so I should be able to unlock the game.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 19, 2013

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, from what I understand, this game seems to end in a place where there really honesty isn't anywhere left to go. Everything basically gets wrapped up, the Boss is in a very Boss place. There really isn't anywhere left to go, barring a reboot or a spiritual successor. This is the Boss achieving their ultimate destiny.

I would buy Master of Orion IV: Boss of Orion.

Primarily, I am just sad that I likely can't justify buying this until November.:sigh:
I've used the same Boss since SR2, although she was made of metal by the end of 3. I might roll that back to human-type for the beginning of SR4, though.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Well, that's odd. Spotflux definitely gives me a US IP, but I can't get to the US Steam store no matter what I do. I've made sure Steam is closed and not even running in the background, but when I turn on Spotflux and start Steam it just gives me the EU store as usual and the SRIV store page shows the EU release date.

I did manage to get to the US store using USVPN, though, so I should be able to unlock the game.

This kept happening to me, until just now. I literally just tried it again without changing a thing and it started working properly now. I don't really know what happened, but I think it might have something to do with me poking around Steam's files for a few minutes before opening it again. As weird as it sounds, maybe the VPN takes a few minutes to set itself up properly or something...? I dunno.

Oh, I guess I did change one other thing before, I set Steam not to start up automatically at boot, maybe that setting does something that causes Steam to cache some details or something?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Less than eight hours to go!

What are those spoilers referencing? The initial post doesn't give context and I refuse to hover over unless I know what it's about.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inzombiac posted:

Less than eight hours to go!

What are those spoilers referencing? The initial post doesn't give context and I refuse to hover over unless I know what it's about.

It's Developer chat regarding the future of the franchise, and also all of our responses are spoilered to add to your confusion. Sorry :smith:

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Hamburger Test posted:

You only need the VPN to unlock it (might not apply to Australians).

Sorry - I know I'm being dense here, but this is new to me. Do I literally just need to get the pre-load done and then not worry about the VPN after that? Like, I could pre-load the game, shut my PC off, boot it up tomorrow without worrying about the VPN and play the game once the US release time hits?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

deadly_pudding posted:

It's Developer chat regarding the future of the franchise, and also all of our responses are spoilered to add to your confusion. Sorry :smith:

Contextually, you saying that pretty much gives away the spoiler to some degree. Lets see who has critical reading skills that doesn't look at the spoilers!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

7seven7 posted:

Sorry - I know I'm being dense here, but this is new to me. Do I literally just need to get the pre-load done and then not worry about the VPN after that? Like, I could pre-load the game, shut my PC off, boot it up tomorrow without worrying about the VPN and play the game once the US release time hits?

Pre load on your regular connection. Use the VPN to unlock when the time comes. Launch the game at least once and then stay in Offline mode until the game is unlocked in your region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

7seven7 posted:

Get the preload done now, then once the game is unlocked in the US you'll need to activate the VPN to cause Steam to think you're in that region and unlock it for you.

• Locked thread