Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If by silly you mean awesome! Did I say awesome? Citroen SMs are AWESOME.

(click for big)

God drat this looks so loving cool.

And this because wow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I recently stumbled upon this while walking around:

It's obviously a gray market import as they never sold them here, and it's in impeccable shape. And just look at how tiny it is! :3:

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

parrhesia posted:

I recently stumbled upon this while walking around:

It's obviously a gray market import as they never sold them here, and it's in impeccable shape. And just look at how tiny it is! :3:

It's... a knockoff miata?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
It's a Suzuki Cappucino. It's powered by turbocharged 657cc 3 cylinder engine and it has 63 hp. It's a kei car, meaning it's like 1.4m wide and 3.3m long. Also, it's RWD and supposedly handles like a go-cart.

In short, they are awesome and tiny and I want one.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

parrhesia posted:

It's a Suzuki Cappucino. It's powered by turbocharged 657cc 3 cylinder engine and it has 63 hp. It's a kei car, meaning it's like 1.4m wide and 3.3m long. Also, it's RWD and supposedly handles like a go-cart.

I want one badly, too. It's supposed to be one of the best kei cars ever made. In a way, it IS the Miata of the Micro world, but it's not a knockoff.

Also, this...which HAS to be "AI as gently caress"

anonumos fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 19, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

parrhesia posted:

And if you get one you can challenge the mountain in it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I'm surprised I've never seen one of those, or any kei car aside from those tiny death trap trucks. I see so much other JDM poo poo (r32s, old evos, wrxes, etc) that I get bored of it. But I'd love to see one of those in person.

Also, I want one with a motorcycle engine.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Crustashio posted:

I'm surprised I've never seen one of those, or any kei car aside from those tiny death trap trucks. I see so much other JDM poo poo (r32s, old evos, wrxes, etc) that I get bored of it. But I'd love to see one of those in person.

Kei cars exist pretty much in the Asian market, and mostly in Japan itself. They're sold domestically because of laws in Japan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car

quote:

They are designed to comply with Japanese government tax and insurance regulations, and in most rural areas are exempted from the requirement to certify that adequate parking is available for the vehicle.

quote:

Daihatsu, Honda, Mitsubishi, and Suzuki all manufacture kei cars, while Nissan sells badge-engineered Mitsubishi and Suzuki models,[5] Mazda offers badge-engineered Suzuki models, and Toyota and Subaru offers badge-engineered Daihatsu models. German brand Smart offered a kei version of its Fortwo called the Smart K in Japan at Yanase dealerships from 2001 to 2004 with specially developed rear fenders reduced tire dimensions and track width to conform to kei car standards, however it suffered from poor sales and was the worst-selling kei car of its time.[3][6]

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
That's not quite true. Daihatsu and Suzuki sold and in case of Suzuki continue to sell kei cars in Europe, however they are all boring economy cars these days. They used to sell mini trucks, which were adorable, but I think that stopped. And until 2010, Daihatsu also sold the Copen here, even as a left hand drive version with a more powerful engine.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

anonumos posted:

Kei cars exist pretty much in the Asian market, and mostly in Japan itself. They're sold domestically because of laws in Japan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car

I meant that canada imports a fuckton of JDM stuff, but it's all become the same 3-4 models. I've never seen a kei car in the probably ~5 years imports have been popular around here. I suppose maybe the west coast sees more unique stuff.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Must be the day for the mundane framing the awesome.

Seen at my neighborhood Wawa.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

88h88 posted:

And this because wow...

So THAT'S what the bond-o Saturn in the terrible poo poo thread was going to be!

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

GramCracker posted:

Thanks, dawg! I clicked that link and got completely immersed in that build thread, I literally lost track of time for an hour.

Click for orgasmic V8 twin turbo noises. I love when he actually goes through the gears and it looks like it wants to leap off the dyno...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2GrPgWnjg

That vehicle sounds like it has murder on it's mind. God drat.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Must be the day for the mundane framing the awesome.

There's always something weird about seeing stuff like this in my town. GT-R supposedly had 800 hp, but it was done by Hennessey so for all I know they just put all the stock parts back in and sold it back to them.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If by silly you mean awesome! Did I say awesome? Citroen SMs are AWESOME.

(click for big)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The front plate placement on that is amazing.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I cannot imagine how much replacing all the glass in an SM would cost. They are awesome looking cars though.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

This parking lot is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

There is bad tailgate art, and then there is bad tailgate art so bad it wraps back around...

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

kastein posted:

There is bad tailgate art, and then there is bad tailgate art so bad it wraps back around...

I wonder if the license plate said TheRapist.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Valt posted:

I wonder if the license plate said TheRapist.

THERPST

*searches DMV site*

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Chinatown posted:

THERPST

*searches DMV site*

I read that as therapist at first.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SierraEchoBravo posted:

I read that as therapist at first.
I watched too many Celebrity Jeopardy sketches on SNL to get the joke.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From English Russia, the brightest Infiniti:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Gorilla Salad posted:

From English Russia, the brightest Infiniti:

It's not something I would drive, but a very well executed Yellow Submarine theme. I think?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That interior would also be amazing on a darker colored car with serious limo tint just for the effect of opening a door.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's clearly more road-biased, so I'm not surprised they decided to forgo lockers in favour of an LSD option.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

InitialDave posted:

It's clearly more road-biased, so I'm not surprised they decided to forgo lockers in favour of an LSD option.

This is why AI is consistently funnier than "comedy" threads. Subtlety, man.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I saw this today. Dunno what it is. Maserati, I believe?

Also walked past a silver Aston Martin Vanquish which is spectacular in person.

bloops fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 21, 2013

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

I believe that's the Maserati Breakin Le'Tab-le. Very rare.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Maserati Granturismo. They make a beautiful noise.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Mercedes AMG Hammer:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cached Money posted:

Mercedes AMG Hammer:

That is SO beautiful.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Cached Money posted:

Mercedes AMG Hammer:

Good god that thing is sexy as gently caress

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cached Money posted:

Mercedes AMG Hammer:

Holy Christ I need this.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I was busy driving when I saw it but it was done well enough that I figured there'd be a picture of it online. Sure enough. Scroll down, it's the blue Volvo pickup. It had clear lenses on the upper turn signals when I saw it though... and the lower clear lights were turn signals too. I was too busy trying to :stare: and pull off from a red light at the same time to notice if it had any backup lights at all.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hammer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzqNn8kJqQ

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Here's something I didn't expect to see today.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

Here's something I didn't expect to see today.

It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mooseykins posted:

Maserati Granturismo. They make a beautiful noise.

If I ever get enough money for a supercar, it would have to be a Maserati. Nothing else compares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpaTYBgZ5as

It's a Ferrari V8, but with a crossplane crank (like American V8s) instead of a flatplane crank.

Here's one driven in the Italian way (ie. complete disregard for any sort of safety at all):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnaMSSXBwwY