Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WarLocke posted:

From what I understand they are:

[X] Ball (where X is fire, ice, possibly a couple other options)
Super Speed
Super Jump
'Flying' (gliding)

And apparently you can use the first power to make your guns shoot fire/ice/etc bullets and/or have an elemental halo around yourself that can burn/freeze/etc guys nearby?

There's more powers than that and the bullets are weapon upgrades at friendly fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If you've ever played Prototype it has basically the same movement system (except you can't run horizontally on buildings).

WarLocke posted:

Super Speed
Super Jump
'Flying' (gliding)

And apparently you can use the first power to make your guns shoot fire/ice/etc bullets and/or have an elemental halo around yourself that can burn/freeze/etc guys nearby?

There are 8 total superpower, listed here. You get Super Speed and Super Jump almost immediately and unlock the others as you go along. In addition to the base power, each has a bunch of upgrades to buy to make them stronger/do more stuff.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Dickeye posted:

There's more powers than that and the bullets are weapon upgrades at friendly fire.

I was just going off of what I've read, I'm still waiting for Steam to finish downloading my copy. :negative:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Try messing with the mouth slider, it might be in the mouth sides settings or something like that.

I tried setting everything to default. I have no idea what went wrong.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I tried setting everything to default. I have no idea what went wrong.

My boss didn't show up for some reason on my account, so I had to basically copy down the slider values (take a cellphone pic) and just redo it from scratch. Probably much faster than trying to get it to work.

What's amusing is that I'm on the PC now, so I had SR:TT loaded up on my xbox and had both games loaded up at the same time. :v:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Orv posted:

The superpowers are literally Crackdown + Prototype, they're all really great.

Downside is control is a little bit of guesswork. They could give you like a meter or something to figure how high your charged jump is going to go, but they don't and so you just guess. It's not frustrating really but it's a bit of short of perfect to control.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

Downside is control is a little bit of guesswork. They could give you like a meter or something to figure how high your charged jump is going to go, but they don't and so you just guess. It's not frustrating really but it's a bit of short of perfect to control.

If you're not using max charge jumps to clear knee-high walls I don't think I can do anything for you. :colbert:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Played a few hours. Loved every one of them.

However, the game has its hiccups on my system, even with settings set to low. My 3-year-old ASUS may be feeling its age.

Probably finish through the main story, then uninstall it until I get back to the States and get a new computer before I tackle the DLCs.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So, finished Pierce's audio log. At the final tier I got a little icon popup that said "Pierce Icon Face % +"

Did getting those boost Pierce? His loyalty? What the hell went up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Super Speed
Super Jump
'Flying' (gliding)

e: And you can do an upgradable ground pound from super jump, the last version is supposed to be able to level an entire block. :monocle:

I like that Volition basically said, "We really liked Prototype, but we wished it was fun. So we made SR4"

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Piell posted:

If you've ever played Prototype it has basically the same movement system (except you can't run horizontally on buildings).

There are 8 total superpower, listed here. You get Super Speed and Super Jump almost immediately and unlock the others as you go along. In addition to the base power, each has a bunch of upgrades to buy to make them stronger/do more stuff.

Due to the elemental stacking, there's quite a few more powers than there initially appear to be. Telekinesis branches out to become Mind Control and Force Lightning as well.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I just powerbombed a toilet. GOTY.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lyer posted:

My boss didn't show up for some reason on my account, so I had to basically copy down the slider values (take a cellphone pic) and just redo it from scratch. Probably much faster than trying to get it to work.

What's amusing is that I'm on the PC now, so I had SR:TT loaded up on my xbox and had both games loaded up at the same time. :v:

This is the character I made in SR4 Inaug station
http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321730419409
This is how it got imported from the site in game
http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321730736808

I don't get it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sab669 posted:

I like that Volition basically said, "We really liked Prototype, but we wished it was fun. So we made SR4"

They could have just played Prototype 2.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Can someone mod the game so it doesn't unequip your headgear when you get in a car? President Satan Horse is not having a good time of vehicles.

IdolNinja already did this in SR3, so I don't think it will be terribly difficult to implement in 4.

Capn Beeb posted:

Right? Sometimes you just wanna go cruising. I need to find that hot rod somebody posted, looks so drat cool.

Which one? I don't think I've seen it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Due to the elemental stacking, there's quite a few more powers than there initially appear to be. Telekinesis branches out to become Mind Control and Force Lightning as well.

... So who's going to make President Palpatine?

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
I suppose I could post this on IdolNinja's forums but I'm putting out feelers if anyone else knows whether this is possible/is annoying anyone else.

The fact that the jumping isn't more prototype-like is pretty infuriating. I usually adapt to things I don't like jumpwise no matter how much I hate it at first (the jump delay in Mercenary Kings is a prime example) but the fact that you have to hold down before you jump to determine height rather than jumping on button press and having height be press-length dependent is pretty game-destroying for me. I'm not being overly dramatic, either. I just can't deal with how unresponsive and clunky it feels when you want to jump while turning or changing direction and it feels so wrong. I shouldn't have to plan a high jump in advance-- I should be able to jump as high as needed at will. Is this something that could be modded down the line or would that be impossible? Is it bothering anyone else? I know I'm being THAT GUY but for an action game this just seems like pretty poor input design in an otherwise flawless game.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Where on the ship is the computer for changing the time of day? I've installed the mod to unlock it early.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I've been wanting to play this game my entire life and just didn't know it. It's the ultimate arcade sandbox, I have a hard time imagining anything else I could want in it. Any dlc weapon packs could just be skins of weapons from other game series and I'd be fine with that.

Well, I do miss the pimp cane and the clothing system from SR2.

I really hope modding takes off in a big way, I'm curious to see what the limits of the api are, and I really hope that the obviously incoming Nexus site don't make me regret saying that.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Dickeye posted:

They could have just played Prototype 2.

But they wanted it to be fun :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I suppose I could post this on IdolNinja's forums but I'm putting out feelers if anyone else knows whether this is possible/is annoying anyone else.

The fact that the jumping isn't more prototype-like is pretty infuriating. I usually adapt to things I don't like jumpwise no matter how much I hate it at first (the jump delay in Mercenary Kings is a prime example) but the fact that you have to hold down before you jump to determine height rather than jumping on button press and having height be press-length dependent is pretty game-destroying for me. I'm not being overly dramatic, either. I just can't deal with how unresponsive and clunky it feels when you want to jump while turning or changing direction and it feels so wrong. I shouldn't have to plan a high jump in advance-- I should be able to jump as high as needed at will. Is this something that could be modded down the line or would that be impossible? Is it bothering anyone else? I know I'm being THAT GUY but for an action game this just seems like pretty poor input design in an otherwise flawless game.

What are you talking about? Prototype jumping *was* hold down before you jump to determine height. They took it straight from Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UglyDucklett posted:

I really hope modding takes off in a big way, I'm curious to see what the limits of the api are, and I really hope that the obviously incoming Nexus site don't make me regret saying that.

I'm one of the abyss-gazers that actually wants to see just how depraved Nexus can get in a world where you wear depravity with a smile. I know I'll regret this, but at the very least it'll be a deeply disturbing train wreck.

Though for the life of me, I don't know what mods I'd install in SRIV. Maybe actual Superman flight? Assuming that isn't unlockable anyway. Or a DLC. Why do I still have 3 hours of work to go? :smith:

Liverslapper
Jun 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I definitely need to increase the difficulty to Hardcore. With all the crazy things you can do and the handful of data clusters you run into every 2 minutes, it feels too easy and it gets easier as you play along. So far, I am enjoying this game and co-op is the way to go. I'm glad I don't have work today!

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Piell posted:

What, yes you can, I do it all the time to reset my jump/glide without having to touch the ground. :confused:

There is also a bit of a visual cue for how charged your jump is, you'll notice a radial purple effect that flows along the ground outstretching further from the player the longer you hold it down. Honestly though, even with jump height upgrades, it gets pretty easy to get the muscle memory for how long=what height and I've yet to have an issue of gauging a jump after the first hour of playing with the speed and jump powers.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I've been playing this on hardcore and it is so much better, it's more chaotic when you do so because there are certain enemies that will destroy you quickly and sometimes doing a super bomb is not the brightest idea.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
The Screaming Eagle Pre-Order DLC Jet flaps it's wings to hover...

I... am at a loss for words.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Zaa Boogie posted:

What are you talking about? Prototype jumping *was* hold down before you jump to determine height. They took it straight from Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Hmm, I must be forgetting something, then. Regardless, it's bugging me in this game. :colbert:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh poo poo YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! GOD drat YOU ALL TO HELL!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Are there any major differences between PC and console of this game or does the PC put this to shame?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
You know, I have a theory about how the story of this games gonna go, but I don't know for sure. I'll spoiler it just in case there's something to it. Does it turn out you're in a matrix within a matrix? Do they go all Inception up on this?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Are there any major differences between PC and console of this game or does the PC put this to shame?

The eventual mods that idolninja's going to put out.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Supposedly the console versions are hampered from ancient hardware, lot of reviews said that the game stutters and you get visual tearing when there is a lot going on/you are going really loving fast (which is very easy to do).

The biggest thing that the console version will be missing is the fact that Violation is adding full modding support to the PC version, so a lot like the elder scrolls games, people will be modifying the game to keep squeezing entertainment from it years down the line.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Warmachine posted:

I'm one of the abyss-gazers that actually wants to see just how depraved Nexus can get in a world where you wear depravity with a smile. I know I'll regret this, but at the very least it'll be a deeply disturbing train wreck.

Though for the life of me, I don't know what mods I'd install in SRIV. Maybe actual Superman flight? Assuming that isn't unlockable anyway. Or a DLC. Why do I still have 3 hours of work to go? :smith:

:hi5: 3 hours of work left for me too, if you need a coop buddy hit me up.

I'm concerned with the massive amount of "download my boss as a follower" x 1,000,000 and real awkward animated sex scenes with every homie sure to rise up if the game supports them

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fat_Cow posted:

The most obvious difference is the ability to mod the game, which you can't do in the console port.

Probably some graphics related differences too.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
These guys can make a game about turnips and I'd buy it sight unseen. Day one purchase, no matter what their next game is going to be. Juggling mud in a circus? Sold. Game about growing seaweed and fighting algae? Sold. Doesn't matter, they've got my money now until they gently caress up.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Enzer posted:

Supposedly the console versions are hampered from ancient hardware, lot of reviews said that the game stutters and you get visual tearing when there is a lot going on/you are going really loving fast (which is very easy to do).

Giant Bomb dudes said races were unplayable on 360 version and I'm rocking them fine. :colbert:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Okay I'm streaming again, this time it works. I'll be reading chat, but not commentating much as I'm enjoying the game. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/jerkstoresup

Should be playing as long as I can today.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

You know, I have a theory about how the story of this games gonna go, but I don't know for sure. I'll spoiler it just in case there's something to it. Does it turn out you're in a matrix within a matrix? Do they go all Inception up on this?

Yeah I've been speculating about that and will lose my poo poo if that's the case. That would be true 'the dial goes up to 11' Saints. :911:

Like, in the finale you get to Zinyak in the real world and he's pushing your poo poo in and then the Boss gets desperate and uses a superpower and oh poo poo it's on now :getin:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 20, 2013

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So I was just listening to the Reggae station and found out the dj is(not storyline linked, just a nice surprise)MR SUNSHINE!

I love this game so much. I have never had so much fun just loving around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Zaa Boogie posted:

Giant Bomb dudes said races were unplayable on 360 version and I'm rocking them fine. :colbert:

Yeah, it gets a little choppy on the 360 but it's honestly a lot less worse than they made it out to be. The only real performance hitch I've noticed is that the game sometimes stalls when you move between neighborhoods.

Everything about IV seems like it's just a major step up from The Third. This is especially true in the character interactions. The character stuff was fantastic in the first two games, but seriously lacking in The Third. I'm happy to see it make a triumphant return. Kinzie in particular is fast-approaching Gat level in terms of awesome.

• Locked thread