Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
PCARS has old Spa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Meanwhile... https://twitter.com/JonnyNero/status/369871004153040896

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

"the return of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca" Was it not a lock that Laguna Seca was going to be in Forza 5?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Earn more in-game rewards for playing FM3/FM4/FH/FM5.

quote:

Here’s how Forza Rewards works: By playing Forza games, you earn points in Forza Rewards. The more points you earn, the higher your Tier level and, the higher your Tier level, the better rewards you can earn. Each month, you can redeem rewards in games like Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon, including cars, in-game credits, tokens, and more.

So how do you get involved with Forza Rewards? If you’re a Forza player, you can check your current Tier level (and redeem any rewards you currently have waiting for you) at the Forza Rewards site. You can also see a detailed breakdown of how many points you have earned from playing earlier games in the Forza Motorsport series, going as far back as Forza Motorsport 2 for Xbox 360. While there, you can see exactly how many Forza Rewards points are still available for you to earn, and what rewards you’ll have waiting for you once you level up to the next Tier.
Read the whole thing at http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Forza_Rewards_launch_announce

http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bentai posted:

Earn more in-game rewards for playing FM3/FM4/FH/FM5.

Read the whole thing at http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Forza_Rewards_launch_announce

http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

I got a 2002 Nissan MINES R34 Skyline GT-R for Forza 4, and a 1969 Ferrari Dino for Horizon. :)

My tier rank for Forza 4 is only level 4, which seems really low considering how much effort i've put into the game. With a 100% completed career mode, 500 hours raced, and close to level 300, I would think it would be much higher then it is.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 20, 2013

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Boy I wish the Dino was for FM4, still if I ever pick up Horizon I've got one waiting for me :D

*edit*
Is anyone else getting really weird phrases on the upper right of the rewards page, just above the sign out link? So far I've seen stuff like:

Belligerent HOBO
Tank Go BOOM
Madmans Dream
Dom Perignonnnn

vv
Yeah, but I wish could get it for free ingame. :D

Bentai fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 20, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

^The Dino is a regular car you can by any time in Forza 4 though?

Great, now I can start collecting Horizon unicorns, I guess.

I wish you could get Forza 2 rewards so that I could get the three unicorns in that game. Oh well.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Oh that is sweet, some credits and a unicorn, I also got the skylne.

As far as i can tell the rewards reset every 12 days?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There's one person on my friend's list who has a higher rank than me.

It's pvax :arghfist:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm at the top of my list, but only by three measly points. Very lame of them for counting tokens purchased in this though, I mean what serious players bought those?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

wolrah posted:

I'm at the top of my list, but only by three measly points. Very lame of them for counting tokens purchased in this though, I mean what serious players bought those?

<---

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wolrah posted:

I bought a pack of 12 once. :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Falken's the only guy on my list who's been racing since 2007. Which is an impressive feat since Forza 2 didn't come out until 2008.

Also, they've redone all the tracks so no longer will GT players be able to cry that the width of the Nurburgring is 20% too wide (because you totally use the entire width of the track when you're driving on the line. Or something)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60709/previews/air-you-can-taste-how-forza-motorsport-5s-tracks-make-use-of-xbox-one/

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Falken's the only guy on my list who's been racing since 2007. Which is an impressive feat since Forza 2 didn't come out until 2008.

Also, they've redone all the tracks so no longer will GT players be able to cry that the width of the Nurburgring is 20% too wide (because you totally use the entire width of the track when you're driving on the line. Or something)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60709/previews/air-you-can-taste-how-forza-motorsport-5s-tracks-make-use-of-xbox-one/
Forza 2 came out in mid 2007 actually. Also, yeah I've been in with the Forza franchise since the beginning. :) Might cancel my One preorder though, my new toy firmly has my attention:

Falken fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 20, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nurburgring is not just 20% too wide; it's 20% too big altogether, as they upscaled the whole track. As a result, it's about 2 and a half miles too long.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Ether Frenzy posted:

2007 here as well. I actually picked up FM1 before FM2 was coming out to get some practice in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Falken posted:

Forza 2 came out in mid 2007 actually. Also, yeah I've been in with the Forza franchise since the beginning. :) Might cancel my One preorder though, my new toy firmly has my attention:

I stand corrected on the F2 release. Odd though, since I know I bought it at launch.

Great car btw. I'm jealous as I used to enjoy riding in my buddy's '88 or '89 back in the early 90's and that one looks super clean... So well balanced.
Is yours a turbo model? Loving the RHD.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

RHD S2. I didn't want a turbo as those are more trouble than they're worth with all the extra plumbing and rarer mechanicals, plus the turbo lag is awful.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So every month I go to that site and get more rewards?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

So every month I go to that site and get more rewards?

Sounds like that is the idea. Breathes some new life into Forza 4 for those of us not going over to Forza 5. I like that. :) I expected Turn-10 to just dump their 360 games altogether.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

Spa-Francorchamps will make it's Forza Debut in FM5

Laguna Seca is back as well, but Spa was number one on most peoples wishlists (Or it was Bathurst) so a really good addition by Turn 10.

What do they mean Laguna Seca is back? It's in FM4, friends and I have been playing that track religiously the past few weeks.

I want Bathurst, but Spa will do for the time being.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You Am I posted:

What do they mean Laguna Seca is back? It's in FM4, friends and I have been playing that track religiously the past few weeks.

I want Bathurst, but Spa will do for the time being.

To me they are implying that some Forza 4 tracks are getting the cut. Since Turn-10 has probably had to completely remake all of the tracks I wouldn't be surprised if some are left out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A couple tracks were missing from FM4. Honestly. If they don't bring back Positano (the real one) and New York, I will be pretty annoyed. There's no excuse for data restrictions because we have Bluray now (and digital downloads).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If one of the tracks they ditch is Motegi, I might have to go buy an Xbone and a copy of Forza 5 just as a sign of appreciation.

Cojawfee posted:

A couple tracks were missing from FM4. Honestly. If they don't bring back Positano (the real one) and New York, I will be pretty annoyed. There's no excuse for data restrictions because we have Bluray now (and digital downloads).

New York was a Bad Track that was only enjoyed ironically. Personally, I'm more hopeful for them to bring back tracks from Forza 1. Alpine Ring, Rio and Blue Mountain, especially.

However, given that they did not include time and weather due to time restrictions, I don't know that anyone should get too hopeful about any past tracks that have since been cut.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I always figure its just simple time restrictions with these games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cannot Find Server posted:

New York was a Bad Track that was only enjoyed ironically. Personally, I'm more hopeful for them to bring back tracks from Forza 1. Alpine Ring, Rio and Blue Mountain, especially.

However, given that they did not include time and weather due to time restrictions, I don't know that anyone should get too hopeful about any past tracks that have since been cut.

I enjoyed it unironically. It's a fun track with the chicanes.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Greenwalt's been saying in interviews that they are hoping to include tracks with DLC this time. So what gets cut could be back in as well. Remains to be seen what's cut though.

Here's a 1080P 60FPS video of the Merc 300 SL on Laguna. It's looking very nice.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_5_gameplay-14463_en.html

For those not in the cloud. M.Rossi is back :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sex Vicar posted:

Greenwalt's been saying in interviews that they are hoping to include tracks with DLC this time. So what gets cut could be back in as well. Remains to be seen what's cut though.

Here's a 1080P 60FPS video of the Merc 300 SL on Laguna. It's looking very nice.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_5_gameplay-14463_en.html

For those not in the cloud. M.Rossi is back :argh:

The reflections on the car looks really nice! Loving that 60fps gameplay that we all know with Forza.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's also some goofiness with the calculation on that one, it shows me as in since '09 when I actually bought FM2 on launch day. It happily acknowledges a dozen achievements from June 2007, but apparently I wasn't playing haha. Oh well, magical internet points and such.

Cojawfee posted:

I enjoyed it unironically. It's a fun track with the chicanes.

Same. It was a challenge to drive consistently fast with the chicanes no matter what, made multiplayer sort of a drag race out of the corners to get to the chicane first, and the plain track made for some nice speed that often resulted in players braking way too late for the hard left at the end of the long straight.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Maybe we'll get some lesser known and represented tracks like Zandvoort or Assen. or that might just be me being a hopefull dutch guy. They have quite cool lay-outs too and the races i've seen on those tracks have always been pretty great

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://kotaku.com/heres-your-xbox-one-wireless-racing-wheel-forza-fans-1179444600

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg
No clutch or H-pattern shifter. :xbone:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Still waiting to hear if USB peripherals will work.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cojawfee posted:

Hey, heads up, they won't.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

It's already been confirmed that they will not.

e: goddammit

e2: here, have this http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-only-xbox-one-controllers-accessories-will-work-wit/

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 22, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's only talking about wireless. And 360 accessories. It doesn't say anything about USB based peripherals which many games will have. I'll still hold out hope as the rocksmith cord clearly has to connect via USB. And if they can get that to work, there's still hope for a USB wheel. I'm not buying a loving madcatz wheel, and I don't feel like buying that giant thrustmaster wheel.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Microsoft pulled the same stunt with the Xbox 360. Remember that Logitech G25/27 wheels would not work with the console, even though they were USB devices just like everything else? Since Logitech didn't cough up the money to pay Microsoft (I think it was for some chip or whatever that "allowed" the devices to be recognized) the wheels remained incompatible.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft were pulling the same crap again, to be honest.

Cannot Find Server posted:

I wonder what the excuse will be when Forza 6 rolls around?

MUFFlNS fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 22, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That was back in 2005 when consoles were still just consoles. The Xbox One is a computer running windows 8. If it doesn't accept my wheel via USB, I'm likely to just cancel. Forza 5 is the only game I'm interested in getting at the moment and I'm fine just playing GTAV on my 360.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The whole Fanatec situation is still up in the air. My Forza Branded CSR Elite will work with the PS4 for crying out loud! Give us some answers, I'm not buying Thrustmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
More gameplay videos featuring the Focus RS and Mclaren MP4-12c

The dynamic music don't sound too dynamic. But then maybe I was hoping for something as dumb and bombastic as GRID 2's dynamic music (Seriously, the elimination race theme in GRID 2 is the greatest thing. It made elimination an actual bearable game mode for once).

• Locked thread