Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Couple of things. They announced back during ReaperCon (back in April) that they were planning on doing another Kickstarter. This is just a bit more information on when. Unless they've hosed up far beyond their current issues, they should be well done with shipping by the time this hits. And I certainly hope they do a much better job on shipping this time out. I think they will, but I can't blame anyone outside the US and Canada for being a bit wary. That said, they still seem to be doing well on normal international orders, and previous to the Kickstarter they had an excellent reputation on that front, so I wouldn't necessarily let that scare you away from normal purchases from Reaper.

Also, the Kickstarter was to pay for the molds, which cost tens of thousands of dollars. Being able to pay for an injection molding machine was a pleasant bonus. This Kickstarter will likely be to pay for more new molds, though I imagine they've probably earmarked some money for more injection machines, to speed the process of bringing production in-house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im still missing several models and some paints, how far from being "done" are they so they can finally start shipping out the missing items?

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
Well finally received my Email confirmation, I'm in Australia, so Aussies they appear to be up to us now

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fauxtool posted:

Im still missing several models and some paints, how far from being "done" are they so they can finally start shipping out the missing items?

Have you contacted them about it yet? I'm pretty sure that earlier on (when they were doing just Vampire boxes and smaller add-ons), they were sending out replacement bits for those who asked. Though they may have stopped to concentrate on the remaining orders. In that case, you'll probably see them shipping out in a week or so.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackMann posted:

Have you contacted them about it yet? I'm pretty sure that earlier on (when they were doing just Vampire boxes and smaller add-ons), they were sending out replacement bits for those who asked. Though they may have stopped to concentrate on the remaining orders. In that case, you'll probably see them shipping out in a week or so.

yeah they told me to contact them again when they were done shipping
I got my order pretty early too

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lochness_Hamster posted:

Well finally received my Email confirmation, I'm in Australia, so Aussies they appear to be up to us now

Same here, finally. I'm curious as to how many things will be missing.

Reaper Bones 2: Bigger. Badder. Bones. If it's anywhere near as good value I'll sign up again, but I'd hope for a quicker turnaround, and better communicated shipping (I give them more slack than many here for having to ship out so many orders to so many places, but this last bit of waiting sure was annoying).

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 21, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fix posted:

Nothing yet, but they recently put out an advisory warning that might point to changes in the future.

This is probably one of the most well-crafted CYA advisories I've seen. From here KS could do anything between absolutely nothing to eliminating stretch goals, and then point at this message and cite this message as warning of it. Although if stretch goals get barred, they'll probably just be moved off-site to the fulfillment pages and KS can claim even less responsibility for them.

E: I tried to move this over to the industry thread and wound up cross posting in both. :(

moths fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 21, 2013

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I really hope Bones II doesn't hit when I am as broke as last time (it will, I am always broke). I also hope it includes the 'Man Being Eaten by Beetle Swarm' and 'Overloaded Henchmen' models.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ashcans posted:

I really hope Bones II doesn't hit when I am as broke as last time (it will, I am always broke). I also hope it includes the 'Man Being Eaten by Beetle Swarm' and 'Overloaded Henchmen' models.

Overloaded Henchman was in Bones I (Townsfolk II), so I'd be surprised if it's in Bones II.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oh drat, really? I didn't realize that. Well then I look forward to buying more copies of him because that is a fun model!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It seems like that Kickstarter's advisory was largely a warning about the funding not adding up--doing a stretch goal at $50,000 and then finding out it's going to cost $60,000 to get that stretch goal to every one of your 2,500 backers. It seems like not going into the red on actually delivering the products is something that Reaper's had no (visible) problems with; they mostly had trouble on the logistical ends of things, and that mostly towards the end and due in part to mismanaged backer expectations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
gently caress yeah, mine finally came. I've not catalogued Vampire yet, but I've got all of my add-ons, and none of them look like hideously-misshapen fistfaces as yet. I do seem to have an extra not-remorhaz and an extra set of Forces of Nature - I'm assuming the former is because one of the packs is open, and therefore they couldn't be sure all the bits were there, but no explanation at all for the latter, just a handy bonus. A lot of them are a bit bigger than I was expecting too, which is cool but possibly a little awkward to make them fit for purpose.

Bad bits: the case is kinda flimsy. And Sophie (yes, I got Sophiem I thought the bike and wings might come in handy for something) is TINY. I was expecting 54mm, it's probably more like 25.

If I get anything from Bones II, it would be this guy: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/paladin/latest/03503 - minotaur PC minis are few and far between, and I like that one. E: and I'd probably just buy it resale or something, because there's no way Management would allow another hundred minis into the house until these are finished...

Going swimming now, then a wonderful evening of counting minis ahead of me :D

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 21, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
From what I've heard, the worst part of the case is the glue. Might need to put some sort of paper into the slots to protect the minis from getting goo on 'em.

And yeah, if there's anything I trust Reaper to do, it's to do the math beforehand. It was founded by accountants, after all.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can't find the source, it's somewhere on the reaper forums, but they've said the first bones kickstarter didn't leave them rolling in cash once it was all said and done. I think most f te money went into capital and fulfillment.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

That's what I would have expected. I'd assume this will be on a much smaller scale.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Swagger Dagger posted:

I can't find the source, it's somewhere on the reaper forums, but they've said the first bones kickstarter didn't leave them rolling in cash once it was all said and done. I think most f te money went into capital and fulfillment.

That... seems like it's what it should be? It was a kickstarter to help launch the new bones line/make the launch bigger. They got the machine and made all the molds for the new bones. Mission accomplished. It wasn't the "line Reaper's bank account" kickstarter.

Is that your point or am I missing something?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Got my shipping notice. loving finally.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So my trip report having totted up the Vampire level: down Mr Bones and the necromancer lady who goes with Kaladrax. Not a desperate problem, and probably not one I'll bother to have fixed, though Mr Bones is a bit of a downer D: I've checked mys hipping receipts, the outsides of the boxes etc, but no luck. I'll check the delivery boxc again when I get back to work, but it's probably recycled by then. Meh.

Bonesium is generally good stuff, but seems prone to losing very fine detail, particularly fine-featured noses and fingers on some of the smaller women figures, and yeah, a few wobbly swords, and a lot of things that are going to want a bit of boiling before I go any further with them, though a lot less than expected. Kaladrax is loving MASSIVE and his head is really really floppy compared to the rest of him, but otherwise he looks pretty good. Wyrmgear is a little disappointing as expected, with his totally flat wings. And I seem to have a duplicate set of nova marines.

Overall, I would have been pretty satisfied if I hadn't been so late getting them.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

down Mr Bones and the necromancer lady who goes with Kaladrax.
You are not the only one - I'm missing the same two minis from my 2xVampire (and that was just about the only mistake).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It looks like a lot of folks got the extra NOVA marines, too.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Holy balls, I just did a test fit of Kaladrax.

What the gently caress am I ever going to do with this thing? Also, I'm going to need loving housepainting brushes for it.

I think the tail is the silliest bit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

What the gently caress am I ever going to do with this thing?

It's supposed to sit on top of all your other bones as its horde.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The base IS hollow, it would fit most of them. E: though is it just me, or does it really kinda look like he's cocking his back leg like a dog peeing...? Maybe I need to bend it in or something.

Actually, it would be fairly practical in play I think; the base is about 4e Gargantuan size, and then there's room for it to tower above the PCs.

And we're going to be playing EPIC 5-2 Dragons Dark eventually...

I need to do spreadsheets for these and work out an order of priority based on upcoming EPIC mods actually...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

I need to do spreadsheets for these and work out an order of priority

Just do like everyone else and paint one or two, then shelve the rest. :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress no then I'm not allowed to buy any more ever!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you dump the new ones in the pile with the old ones, nobody will know :ssh:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

This is one of those 'character is what you are in the dark' moments, isn't it?

Sigh.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I estimate that of all the bones shipped, less than 1% will ever see a drop of paint.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It looks like a lot of folks got the extra NOVA marines, too.
Good proxies for those terrible Space Hulk terminators! :haw:

thespaceinvader posted:

I need to do spreadsheets for these and work out an order of priority based on upcoming EPIC mods actually...
What you need is a kanban. And a kanban to organize all the kanbans :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Good proxies for those terrible Space Hulk terminators! :haw:

The space hulk terminator models are amazing?

Some of the best models I've ever owned. Absolutely incredible levels of detail for plastic, and "snap together" is no BS, you really don't have to glue them at all if you don't feel like it. The fit is perfect.

I mean, if you need to proxy some termies, yeah, the NOVA guys are perfect. But the space hulk guys are the opposite of terrible.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yes, they are amazing, but from a miniature game standpoint. For a boardgame they're terrible, way overdetailed and they don't fit on the spaces as well as previous ones did. Most people probably gutted the boxes for 40K anyway.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The NOVA guys look a lot like IntSec officers from Paranoia. I don't know what they'd be doing on a deathtrap ship full of murderous aliens with no chance of survival and given an impossible mission and well yeah ok they make perfect sense in Space Hulk.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Pierzak posted:

Got my shipping notice. loving finally.

Same. Amazing to see people go from 'Reaper are terrible' to 'mine shipped, Reaper are great'.

Will be interesting to see how they restructure for bones II:more shipping problems. I suspect a lot higher delivery fees to the rest of the world, possibly not offering it at all.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey, I didn't shift. Yes I feel better now that I roughly know when I'll get my minis, but the ROW issue was still shittily done :colbert:

And if I do back Bones 2, I'll be doing it through someone in the US. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'll be jumping on "Bones 2: Bone Harder: The Boning: Get Boned" so hard when that campaign comes up. :dance:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Who knows if we'll ever learn the real story between the ROW fiasco, but if it truly was problems with the carrier re: shipping costs or other logistics, I'm inclined to say there wasn't much they could have done short of anticipating it and warning their backers. It seems like international mail, at least out of the US, has been turning to poo poo lately.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I assume it's due to the US international shipping rates skyrocketing after the Kickstarter. If they weren't expecting that (and judging from other KS updates nobody was) they may have had to stagger shipping these huge-rear end boxes - especially if suddenly each box cost more to produce and ship than it brought in.

They couldn't come out and say "Sorry ROW but we're losing money on you" so rather than look like a lovely company, they said nothing. They chose to bleed out shipping costs over an manageable timeframe rather than face a gushing cash hemorrhage geyser all at once. That could be because they didn't have cash on-hand to deal with the suddenly inflated shipping rates, or maybe they didn't want the company to suddenly take a huge financial hit.

It also explains the shift in customer service tone. Everything was great but and suddenly they are in a position where they cannot mail people what they want and have paid for. And they want to do this, and they can't explain why they don't have that cash on hand because nerds don't and will never understand money.

If Bones II is offered to ROW customers, it's going to look very different next time.

This is all crazy :tinfoil: theory, but that's just my guess about what happened to you ROW guys. Does it show postage cost on your boxes? I'm curious if it's much higher than you pledge-paid for.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I think it might be that they looked at the number of e-mails from people with one or two little mistakes and said "there is no way we can afford to ship ROW twice." (and thus need to check each order, even though each is in theory "ready")

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I didn't even make the connection that US international shipping rates took a gigantic poo poo between the end of the Kickstarter and the actual shipping (or at least the ROW shipping). I mean, I realized it, but I didn't factor in that they would have run the kickstarter under the OLD set of assumptions re: shipping costs, and then gotten caught with their pants down. That explains a lot.

So now even people in the rest of the world can suffer from our inability to properly fund our civic services. :shepspends:

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

moths posted:

The NOVA guys look a lot like IntSec officers from Paranoia. I don't know what they'd be doing on a deathtrap ship full of murderous aliens with no chance of survival and given an impossible mission and well yeah ok they make perfect sense in Space Hulk.

That's exactly how I'm painting mine, I've already done some of the IMEF guys up as Red Level Troubleshooters.

• Locked thread