Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samurai Sanders posted:

You probably misunderstood my question same as Shindragon did. When I hit the "romance" button what I get is Hey Kinzie, wanna gently caress?" *PUNCH* "Let's do this!" which stretches the definition of romance a bit. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

edit: I laughed so hard at her reaction, after going through all of Keith's rejections.

It is making fun for Mass Effect that treated all sex like you were destined for eachother in some dramatic galactic play... except for Jack if you pushed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Just finished the game and I'm about to start a co-op play through. Nightmare-Sinner on PS3.

And because I'm feeling generous - KG9H-5LN7-85FN Online Pass for PS3

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

That's pretty much as intended. (OH. Keith will never be into you, but then the Boss isn't that kind of Mary Sue.)

If those are the only two you've seen so far then :allears:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If I can run SRTT on my laptop just fine (with dx9 but still), how well will sr4 run? I've got it for my Xbox but honestly getting it on steam for the co-op and modding potential is tempting.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Thumbtacks posted:

If I can run SRTT on my laptop just fine (with dx9 but still), how well will sr4 run? I've got it for my Xbox but honestly getting it on steam for the co-op and modding potential is tempting.

SR4 doesn't support DX9, so you might be sol.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
drat. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find SOMEONE to co-op with on 360.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The game keeps crashing my loving amd driver :|

It's this Rift sidequest, it keeps crashing halfway through.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 22, 2013

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Rirse posted:

Don't forget the Merica gun from the pre-order and it's matching eagle plane. Man I love that plane, it so useful for virus injections as I don't have to deal with waiting on my super powers to recharge or gathering health orbs.

The eagle plane almost feels like cheating during those 'kill all the enemies' segments. Raining death with little recourse is a bit much.

Same with the hover tank. Even playing on hard, the mission to protect CID was basically a shooting gallery as I trudged along one-shotting everything in my path.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Wolfsheim posted:

The eagle plane almost feels like cheating during those 'kill all the enemies' segments. Raining death with little recourse is a bit much.

Same with the hover tank. Even playing on hard, the mission to protect CID was basically a shooting gallery as I trudged along one-shotting everything in my path.

Pretty sure this is doing it right, though. I always made a point of summoning a tank in SR3 during the phone call area defense missions. It just seems appropriate to bring a tank to a mascot riot.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's kind of hard to tell but does CID fight enemies or actually do anything when he's following you? He just seems to float around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just got the main mission to save Johnny Gat. How far am I into the game, story mission-wise?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just got the main mission to save Johnny Gat. How far am I into the game, story mission-wise?

Probably about 90%.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Maybe 2/3rds of the way through the main story? That's not counting all your homie's personal missions.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's kind of hard to tell but does CID fight enemies or actually do anything when he's following you? He just seems to float around.

Pretty sure he doesn't actually have any guns. I think I remember him bitching about that and asking if he could be switched to one of the murderbots.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Doesn't he shock you in the junk? That's kind of a weapon, right?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

TalonDemonKing posted:

Doesn't he shock you in the junk? That's kind of a weapon, right?

It might be because I'm 12 at heart, but I love that bit because it took me a second to realize that shocking you in the crotch was his "price" for letting you into the respective simulation.

My only problem with CID was that he's supposed to be some long dead alien, but he was portrayed as a robot, personality wise. I think it would have been funny if CID kept being pushed into roles he wasn't trained for.

EDIT: That was pretty cool. I was doing a Flashpoint mission in the Screaming Bird plane. A Warden appears, and I wonder how easy it'll be to take one down in a plane. It jumps on the plane, throwing it to the ground and destroying it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 22, 2013

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Awful double-posted. Sorry.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wow I really hope they don't do a reboot. I want them to keep going after finishing up the story.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
There's some interesting back story for CID if you're paying attention to the announcer dialog during Genki's M.O.M. hard activity.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I have a question about the game before it gets released on steam here, is there any reason other then the radio stations to use cars? They seem worthless in every gameplay video I see.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BillBear posted:

I have a question about the game before it gets released on steam here, is there any reason other then the radio stations to use cars? They seem worthless in every gameplay video I see.

You can play the radio when on-foot outside of cars too, so no, there's no real reason other than the challenges that involve them.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

BillBear posted:

You can listen to radio stations on foot, actually.

But you can't cruise around in your lowrider with gold rims on foot. :whatup:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

BillBear posted:

You can listen to radio stations on foot.

There's a couple of missions where you drive people around, but no, there's no need to use cars or vehicles. That being said, you absolutely can do it if you feel like cruising around in your cool neon cybercycle or whatever.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BillBear posted:

The cars don't even the radio as a perk, as you get a portable radio that playing when your running around the world.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The 'Merica gun is one if the best preorder bonuses I've seen in a long time. I know some people hate them but if there's going to be a bonus, make it a good one! This game :3:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^ You don't have a portable radio, it's just playing in your head since you're in a simulation.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Does the "Drive Alien Vehicles" challenge really only count Zin vehicles? That challenge seems like it'd be awful to grind out.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Radio on foot sounds great, I was worried about missing out on it since they added super sprint.

Just a few more hours.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I know this is going to sound really selfish, but would it be possible for subtitles mods? Even if the main story dialogue are subtitled, it sounds like there's extra stuff that isn't. I'm not expecting Volition to spend manhours on subbing EVERY line, but I was just curious to how doable it would be. I'm somewhat hard of hearing and rely on subtitles to understand what's going on and I kinda feel like I'll miss a lot of the humor.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I'm having a weird glitch in the Fun Shandi mission chain. I'm on the last leg (third tier) and have to do a Virus Injection challenge, but when I arrive at the location I can't activate it. I've tried everything; doing other challenges, switching mission chains, restarting. Nothing. When I arrive at the location, the marker star is where it should be, but it doesn't auto-load the challenge when I walk into it. When I exit the mission chain, I can't activate it manually either.

Anyone encounter this or have any suggestions?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

There's some interesting back story for CID if you're paying attention to the announcer dialog during Genki's M.O.M. hard activity.

Are you refering to the king from a lost civilization they mention? I thought they were talking about the boss.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Are you refering to the king from a lost civilization they mention? I thought they were talking about the boss.

No, it was a long time ago according to them and I think they mentioned him losing his body.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Does the "Drive Alien Vehicles" challenge really only count Zin vehicles? That challenge seems like it'd be awful to grind out.

Yes it does, and yes it is. I spent 2 hours flying around while watching TV and I only barely got half way through that challenge.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

ZearothK posted:

No, they say Zinyak encountered a race of warriors, and while he easily conquered the planet, one stood above all of them, and constantly thwarted him.

Eventually, Zinyak killed him, and trapped his mind in the simulation, where he's been alone ever since. The last mad king of a dead race.

CID is the only ever living thing in that simulation outside of the Saints, and has been there so long his body is long gone.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

There isn't any way to disable upgrades, is there? What about through some save file editing trickery? I bought the tornado while sprinting thing and while it's a neat effect, I'm not sure I like being collateral damage incarnate just by traveling. This is like that time I bought the invulnerability upgrade in SR3 all over again.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've been enjoying TK. If you time it right you can grab someone right after you throw them, so I've been grabbing Zin and repeatedly throwing them into walls.

It's also fun to simulate shooting galleries. Grab someone, look up, throw, shoot.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Vargs posted:

There isn't any way to disable upgrades, is there? What about through some save file editing trickery? I bought the tornado while sprinting thing and while it's a neat effect, I'm not sure I like being collateral damage incarnate just by traveling. This is like that time I bought the invulnerability upgrade in SR3 all over again.

Who cares, nothing in the simulation is real except for you and (some of) your homies. This is actually the perfect justification/handwaving of insane arbitrary property damage IMO.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I just did one of Asha's sidequest, for something relating to energy blade. I thought it was a costume, but i don't have anything new. What was it?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

UberJumper posted:

I just did one of Asha's sidequest, for something relating to energy blade. I thought it was a costume, but i don't have anything new. What was it?

A new Energy Blade customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

UberJumper posted:

It's a reskin for the energy blade.

• Locked thread