Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

DJ BK posted:

aubrey/chris marcus is the worst, before selling alpha bran he sold finger nail polish for dudes, alpha nails

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/07/alpha-nails-nailpolish-_n_1324982.html

he's not cool, he's a loving capitalist pig

Now I wonder what roger huerta is up to these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

DJ BK posted:

i've listened since number 20 or so, and as much as i love joe having scientists, authors and experts, he's not the brightest bulb and neither is brian. really the only reason i'll tune in is for the jre drinking game. after 300 episodes it seems like some guests are abusing his power/reach/audience (everlast, rick ross, aubrey) and he had that 'reporter' from rt, the hot chick and she was dumb as gently caress, like a freshman in college that read a chomsky book and then read absolutely nothing else after.

i watched her interview richard wolff, a super smart marxist teacher and she literally had no questions besides, durp durp banks are bad

edit: also the rape culture denial is fantastic, and i finish my beer everytime they say it

edit x2: bert was on ari shaffir's podcast, and they talk about alcoholism, really good 2 hours or so

also the denial isn't fantastic, i meant to say fantastically ignorant, drink

I am curious as to what Joe would say to an advocate that isn't as lovely as Jamie Kilstein.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
The Paul F. Thompkins incident on Ari's podcast was hilarious.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

indoflaven posted:

The Paul F. Thompkins incident on Ari's podcast was hilarious.

What happened?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What happened?

He kept walking.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What happened?
Bert and Ari were recording a podcast outside of the comedy store. Paul F Tompkins was walking by, ari said hi, and bert tried to introduce himself but Tompkins just kept walking.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Birthday Cake posted:

Bert and Ari were recording a podcast outside of the comedy store. Paul F Tompkins was walking by, ari said hi, and bert tried to introduce himself but Tompkins just kept walking.

Is there some sort of animosity there or something?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Paul F Tompkins owns

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Is there some sort of animosity there or something?

They explained the history later on in the same podcast. Bert got hired to do some comedy show that Paul was running for a week or something, second day of the show Paul fired Bert is the jist of it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

toggle posted:

Paul F Tompkins owns

When it comes down to fighting in the streets, I'll be siding with Team Bert.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
For anyone interested (like I was), here's a link to Tompkins spurning Kreischer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXsYjI80VA

Edit: poor bert, isn't he the one that Gene Simmons treated like poo poo? :(

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Is there a link to the JRE drinking game anywhere? I've heard people reference drinking whenever Joe mentions large cats or says the word "preposterous", but otherwise don't know what else there is and it would be fun to have something to do while listening to the show on long commutes to work.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Is there a link to the JRE drinking game anywhere? I've heard people reference drinking whenever Joe mentions large cats or says the word "preposterous", but otherwise don't know what else there is and it would be fun to have something to do while listening to the show on long commutes to work.

uhhh by which method do you plan to commute while playing this drinking game?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

uhhh by which method do you plan to commute while playing this drinking game?

Nothing's better than getting shitfaced in public transport before work, duh.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
or you could pull a redban

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah, I hope someone mentioning they drink/drug drove is including in the drinking game, since it's so loving frequent.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Are there any other good diet/nutrition expert based episodes? I've listened to the Paleo diet guy and the bulletproof coffee guy episodes and I really like hearing about the various alternative food options and the like, so are there any good ones the thread'd recommend? Preferably somebody who has a way for you to eat whole grains?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Are there any other good diet/nutrition expert based episodes? I've listened to the Paleo diet guy and the bulletproof coffee guy episodes and I really like hearing about the various alternative food options and the like, so are there any good ones the thread'd recommend? Preferably somebody who has a way for you to eat whole grains?

Mike Dolce was on the show as a ploy to get Joey Diaz to lose weight. It's about as hilarious as you'd expect.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

There was a vegan guy...rich something ... Not long after the Rob Wolff/paleo episode. The Kelly S /Supple Leopard episode would be up your alley too.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
Apparently in one of the earlier JRE episodes Bert Kreischer confessed that the movie Van Wilder was actually inspired by Bert's college experience and the script was sold to National Lampoon at a later date. Does anyone know what episode that is? That is a remarkable coincidence.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Trexy posted:

Apparently in one of the earlier JRE episodes Bert Kreischer confessed that the movie Van Wilder was actually inspired by Bert's college experience and the script was sold to National Lampoon at a later date. Does anyone know what episode that is? That is a remarkable coincidence.

He's talked about that a couple of times in his podcast. Honestly, all of his JRE episodes are worth listening to.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Trexy posted:

He talks about this for a minute or two in the recent Bertcast with Simon Rex, but I don't think goes into details. I suggest listening to that episode anyway, it's really interesting if you are a Simon Rex/Dirt Nasty fan.

http://bertcast.com/?p=138

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006

Trexy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvd4JlDkOgQ

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan Questions Everything S02E01 - Rape Culture

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Joey CoCo Diaz @madflavor posted:

Miley Cyrus shaking that skinny pussy......when does it end.....

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I don't find Joey Diaz even slightly funny.

Is there something wrong with me?

Am I smoking too much susquehanna weed?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

So I don't find Joey Diaz even slightly funny.

Is there something wrong with me?

Am I smoking too much susquehanna weed?

I actually saw him on Friday at a small-ish comedy club and there were a few tables groaning, but I just attributed that to it being politically correct Washington DC-folk. His style might just not be for everyone. Have you heard his standup or only him on the JRE?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

hot sauce posted:

I actually saw him on Friday at a small-ish comedy club and there were a few tables groaning, but I just attributed that to it being politically correct Washington DC-folk. His style might just not be for everyone. Have you heard his standup or only him on the JRE?

All JRE. I laugh when Rogan does a Diaz impression and I will admit I laughed and enjoyed him when it came to that susquehanna rant I referenced. Outside of that I figure I'd be one of the dudes groaning if I saw him live and I'm not even close to being a politically correct Wash DC-jerk off.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

All JRE. I laugh when Rogan does a Diaz impression and I will admit I laughed and enjoyed him when it came to that susquehanna rant I referenced. Outside of that I figure I'd be one of the dudes groaning if I saw him live and I'm not even close to being a politically correct Wash DC-jerk off.

I've always just really enjoyed his stories and how he tells them, despite him not being the most witty comedian out there. He reminds me of that guy at a party who's presence will naturally weed out the folks there who take themselves too seriously. Different strokes though :cheers:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

hot sauce posted:

I've always just really enjoyed his stories and how he tells them, despite him not being the most witty comedian out there. He reminds me of that guy at a party who's presence will naturally weed out the folks there who take themselves too seriously. Different strokes though :cheers:

And those great stories are even better due to his amazing memory of events. Despite his oafish behavior, Joey has a steel trap memory for events and will drop some really obscure facts that they'll follow up on during that same podcast and will confirm their veracity.

I must admit that my first reaction to someone not liking Joey Diaz is thinking that they're probably uptight. I'm not saying that's the case, just that I can really only imagine super PC jerks or comedy snobs not liking coco

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 26, 2013

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

hot sauce posted:

He's a really great story teller too. I met him after one of his shows and he just hung out with about 10 of us for an hour smoking and shooting the poo poo, if I closed my eyes it was just like I was listening to a podcast. He told a great story about feeling Doug Stanhope's mom's fake tits.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

It took a little while to grow to like him. I still have to kind of want to listen to him, unlike a guy like Bert. But, when I'm down with Joey Diaz, he never disappoints.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
loving hell, Duane Ludwig is the most ADD adult I've listened to.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mike Tyson on Joes podcast would be legendary. I'd pay for that poo poo on iTunes.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Mike Tyson on Joes podcast would be legendary. I'd pay for that poo poo on iTunes.

Everybody bug Joe on twitter for this.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

Oh poo poo yes

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
I'm sure that tyson doesn't do anything unless he gets paid, so that rules out any deathsquad podcast.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Podcasts normally pay for guests? :confused:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

ZeroDays posted:

Podcasts normally pay for guests? :confused:

They got to do something with all of that pocket vagina and brain pill money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
I thought they get paid in exposure....