Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I am very much looking forward to John-Fresca fanart. Mostly because it is the superior beverage. :colbert:

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Any true aficionado of beveromance knows that

quote:

JOHN: it's funny, after spending some time with a person who is legitimately crazy, it becomes easy to tell right away when someone...
JOHN: isn't?
ROXY: lol
ROXY: u sure about that
JOHN: well, yeah, everyone is a little crazy. i just mean not BAD crazy.

This update in a nutshell.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Wonderful. :neckbeard:
My big question this update is- will anyone of obvious plot significance ever get to use the ring? Knowing Hussie, probably not.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I still have a hunch that the ring will end up going to Tavros. It'd be good for his character arc, as he claims Vriska's goal away from her, and his ability is one of the few things I can actually imagine the kids using against the Condesce.

I mean, it's obviously not going to actually end up with Calliope, so that's my guess.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I do think it's kind of funny that John's going, 'well I totally misjudged that last girl based off a few conversations but I can totally trust you, random girl who I mostly talked at for ten minutes, as well as your friend I've never met who is also the main villain's sister'.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

I do think it's kind of funny that John's going, 'well I totally misjudged that last girl based off a few conversations but I can totally trust you, random girl who I mostly talked at for ten minutes, as well as your friend I've never met who is also the main villain's sister'.

Well, he does have a pretty good point: upon first hearing about the ring, Vriska wanted it for herself and Roxy wanted it for somebody else. That's a strong indicator of character right there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tenebrais posted:

I still have a hunch that the ring will end up going to Tavros. It'd be good for his character arc, as he claims Vriska's goal away from her, and his ability is one of the few things I can actually imagine the kids using against the Condesce.

I mean, it's obviously not going to actually end up with Calliope, so that's my guess.

My guess is the choices are to give it to Calliope or the better alternate Calliope who is badass and probably has HUGE muscles.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Well, he does have a pretty good point: upon first hearing about the ring, Vriska wanted it for herself and Roxy wanted it for somebody else. That's a strong indicator of character right there.

Vriska's dead and Roxy isn't.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Nephthys posted:

I didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think its an odd reaction for John to have. He got over the first mass murder she admitted to him about nigh instantly.

Honestly, I think John was being diplomatic about it. I haven't read that part in a while, but to me John seemed like he was just trying to be a good listener regarding Vriska's (Fresca's) problems, as opposed to just shrugging it off.

John's not dumb nor is he callous, he's just... kind of a slow burner on concepts he isn't familiar with.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

John may not know all that much about his own god tier powers, but it's nice to see he encouraged Roxy to the brink of success!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
In turns out the the secret to unlocking one's god tier powers is macking on.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

HalfHazard posted:

Honestly, I think John was being diplomatic about it. I haven't read that part in a while, but to me John seemed like he was just trying to be a good listener regarding Vriska's (Fresca's) problems, as opposed to just shrugging it off.

John's not dumb nor is he callous, he's just... kind of a slow burner on concepts he isn't familiar with.
Diplomatic is the right word. But regarding citrusy drinks, I think at some point he had it in his head that all trolls were that way, helped along by the belligerence from the troll kids and Her own explanation of Alternian society. The straw breaking the camel's back was meeting the other trolls and learning that with a couple exceptions they WEREN'T okay with all that stuff, and seeing how Vriska treated pretty much everyone but him and Meenah, which is nowhere near what's right in his head.

At least he got to meet Fefeta. Kinda.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow that result is kind of gross if you think about it for more than a few seconds :barf:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Diplomatic is the right word. But regarding citrusy drinks, I think at some point he had it in his head that all trolls were that way, helped along by the belligerence from the troll kids and Her own explanation of Alternian society. The straw breaking the camel's back was meeting the other trolls and learning that with a couple exceptions they WEREN'T okay with all that stuff, and seeing how Vriska treated pretty much everyone but him and Meenah, which is nowhere near what's right in his head.

At least he got to meet Fefeta. Kinda.

And on top of that, he met her while she was in the middle of the very thing she was supposedly conflicted about doing earlier on, and making up a really bullshit justification for it that she bought into completely.

Tollymain posted:

Wow that result is kind of gross if you think about it for more than a few seconds :barf:

This deformed matriorb is destined to give birth to the queen that mothered Herpus Derpus and that rainbow fan troll.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Severely disappointed in Hussie that the Derseite guard isn't in his mandated suit, tie, and hat. >:[

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I wonder how much grist you'd get for shredding that partial matriorb. Could you make, say, ten, shred 'em, and spend the grist to old-fashioned alchemize a complete matriorb from Kanaya's code?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mystic Mongol posted:

Vriska's dead and Roxy isn't.

Pretty sure that if Roxy were dead, she'd still want John to bring Calliope back instead.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Bear in mind that John is also aware that his dad was cool with Alpha-Roxy, so even if they're not the same people it is a general sign-off on her I suppose.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Grrl Anachronism posted:

John may not know all that much about his own god tier powers, but it's nice to see he encouraged Roxy to the brink of success!

Man, but the cubriorb there is a real crappy brink. It probably smells like rotting fruit.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Call me a shitter or a shipper or whatever those kinds of people are, but I kind of feel a little sad that John now hates Vriska.
It's totally justified of course, and Vriska's pretty much done this to herself but I do kind of wish she could stop doing things to make everyone who has ever cared a little about her unable to do so anymore.

On one hand I agree, but on the other I've realized that half the fun of her character is watching her swan dive into empty pools over and over and over in the earnest belief that surely this time there will be water therein. Bless her awful, withered little heart, at least she keeps trying.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 25, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

Also I didn't even bother to read that horrible wall of gradient'd text, just the title (and the length, wow) told me what I need to know.

But then you missed gems like "Eridan is this sexy ocean God that people bat their eyelashes at everytime he pops into the loving comic."

A Bloody Crowbar posted:

There are many parallels between human relationships and the various facets of beverage romance.

Aren't those called cocktails?

Seoinin posted:

Man, but the cubriorb there is a real crappy brink. It probably smells like rotting fruit.

I don't see anything wrong with this perfectly generic matriobject.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 25, 2013

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Tollymain posted:

Why? Because it's green?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine something part of something large and organic (like a giant alien ovary, in this case) fused/one with part of a block of solid plastic or something.

Edit: I wonder if it would be possible to turn those last three panels into a single-panel avatar gif?

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 25, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

David Copperfield posted:

Why? Because it's green?

It is used for the production of perfectly generic trolls. The fan troll matriobject.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

It isn't the first time John has heard about Calliope, though. He also knows about Cherub mating rituals, so he would know that the sister would be good aligned.

Now, as to how raising her from the dead would work is a mystery. Would she get put back into Lord English's body, since it would technically also be hers? Would she just get a new body?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kgummy posted:

Now, as to how raising her from the dead would work is a mystery. Would she get put back into Lord English's body, since it would technically also be hers? Would she just get a new body?

She has her own exclusive corpse on Cherub Prospit. I don't remember if this Prospit has since been destroyed or not.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Cat Mattress posted:

She has her own exclusive corpse on Cherub Prospit. I don't remember if this Prospit has since been destroyed or not.

I would think that when Caliborn caused that black hole in their session, it would have been sucked in.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I wonder how long until Fox News catches wind of this and Hussie is called in to testify about Benghazi.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pyroi posted:

I would think that when Caliborn caused that black hole in their session, it would have been sucked in.

Unless my memory is broken, the black hole was in Universe C, and was how he entered the session in the first place.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Unless my memory is broken, the black hole was in Universe C, and was how he entered the session in the first place.

Your memory appears to be broken. When Caliborn agreed to the Choice, Skaia exploded, forming the 15 planets and turning itself into a black hole (the proverbial pocket, as it were).

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Is it just me or does Roxy look kind of like a ninja turtle in the last panel?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Cabbit posted:

I wonder how long until Fox News catches wind of this and Hussie is called in to testify about Benghazi.

Well, now we know who to blame when the Terror Alert color becomes "nerd".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kgummy posted:

It isn't the first time John has heard about Calliope, though. He also knows about Cherub mating rituals, so he would know that the sister would be good aligned.

Um, if I recall correctly, the alignment isn't tied to gender?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tollymain posted:

Um, if I recall correctly, the alignment isn't tied to gender?

No, but there's one evil and one good one or something, and Lord English being the evil one...

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

There's one easy way for the Ring of Life to get lost again, mind: someone finding the Ring of Void.

Cue a bizarre farce of our heroes trying to lose the void ring again so that the life ring will show back up.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Paul.Power posted:

There's one easy way for the Ring of Life to get lost again, mind: someone finding the Ring of Void.

Cue a bizarre farce of our heroes trying to lose the void ring again so that the life ring will show back up.

They're probably the same ring. It does different things depending on whether a living or dead person wears it, or something like that. That's the most straightforward way they could appear and vanish so tidily.

What a Koos
Aug 26, 2013

by T. Finninho
Where has Dolash been?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ablative posted:

Your memory appears to be broken. When Caliborn agreed to the Choice, Skaia exploded, forming the 15 planets and turning itself into a black hole (the proverbial pocket, as it were).

Uggghhh god, that poo poo with the leprechauns. I think I must have deliberately forgotten about that. :cripes:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What a Koos posted:

Where has Dolash been?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sorry Koos, he can only exist while you are asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Dire Wombat posted:

They're probably the same ring. It does different things depending on whether a living or dead person wears it, or something like that. That's the most straightforward way they could appear and vanish so tidily.

Not debating that it's likely they could be the same ring, but it can't be powered based simply on a living/dead divide. Roxy disappeared when she wore it, but John didn't.