Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Well poo on that. Just found something for you European fans though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7OiHU6Y48

Wind Waker HD Limited Edition AKA "This one comes with a badass Ganondorf statue thing". Crossing fingers for a US version / not costing $120.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Where did all this random Nintendo news come from? First the 2DS and now this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MykonosFan posted:

The most exciting bit of this for me is the hope that Wind Waker HD is coming out on September 20th, instead of the October 4th release date gaming sites were just talking about a few days ago.

The image they posted on their Facebook gives some release dates:

That's only a few weeks closer but makes me so much more excited. I can't wait to play it.

Man I would totally buy this if it came packaged with W101 instead. As it is I can't really justify spending 300 bucks then another 60 on top of that to play W101, especially since I don't want to wait five more days because I'm impatient as gently caress and can get a regular Wii U for 210 bucks used instead.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Where did all this random Nintendo news come from? First the 2DS and now this.

Just looked that up. It looks ugly as poo poo. Why Nintendo? (lower price point, I know. Still though, it looks terrible).

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh yeah WWHD was listed as fifty, then went up to sixty and now it's back down to fifty again right? Wonder if they dropped the MSRP by ten for some reason or if it was always going to be fifty. Either way that's still probably too much for a lot of people. There's not even a limited editi-

MykonosFan posted:

Well poo on that. Just found something for you European fans though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7OiHU6Y48

Wind Waker HD Limited Edition AKA "This one comes with a badass Ganondorf statue thing". Crossing fingers for a US version / not costing $120.

Oh God damnit.

Also I like how they don't even try to hide Ganon being in the game anymore. I don't know why but when the game originally came out they didn't show him off at all in any of the promotional materials like his existence was some kind of secret.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh yeah WWHD was listed as fifty, then went up to sixty and now it's back down to fifty again right? Wonder if they dropped the MSRP by ten for some reason or if it was always going to be fifty. Either way that's still probably too much for a lot of people. There's not even a limited editi-

Oh God damnit.

Also I like how they don't even try to hide Ganon being in the game anymore. I don't know why but when the game originally came out they didn't show him off at all in any of the promotional materials like his existence was some kind of secret.

Dude, it's been like a decade. If you don't know by now that Ganon is in the game and has one of the most famous video game moments where he turns to stone getting stabbed through the head just by osmosis, then you probably just started video games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Dude, it's been like a decade. If you don't know by now that Ganon is in the game and has one of the most famous video game moments where he turns to stone getting stabbed through the head just by osmosis, then you probably just started video games.

Well that leads me to something I forgot to mention. If you were subscribed to the Nintendo e-mail spam newsletters they sent out one in particular the day the game came out to tell everyone it was release day. But the image at the top of it was that official artwork of Ganon fighting Link and Zelda on top of his tower.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
2DS looks pretty baller, actually. Too bad I play all my games in glorious 3D, but I suppose it's good for the plebes/ages 6 and under

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I've played the game and I completely forgot that Ganon turns to stone by getting stabbed in the head. That moment is famous?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Random Stranger posted:

I've played the game and I completely forgot that Ganon turns to stone by getting stabbed in the head. That moment is famous?

Insanely, I don't even really care for Zelda and I still remember. It's not very often you see a dude get a sword shoved into his skull and he turns to stone, but boy is it magical when it happens.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

In the context of "Ganon moments" which he put it in, yes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkHamsterlord posted:

That would be hilarious, because then Nintendo's release schedule would put W101 in direct competition with GTAV and Wind Waker HD.

Nintendo doesn't have enough games, now they are coming out too close to each other! Stupid Nintendo...

Lets just not release any games until March 2014 because it will be in direct competition with anything.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Astro7x posted:

Nintendo doesn't have enough games, now they are coming out too close to each other! Stupid Nintendo...

Lets just not release any games until March 2014 because it will be in direct competition with anything.

Or they could have put the W101 out in August like they did in Europe, and then maybe more than ten people would buy it, because gently caress all came out for the Wii U this month.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I think it's time to accept that when the Wonderful 101 comes out and does incredibly poorly, GTA and a pack-in remake won't have had as much to do with it as one would like to believe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
W101 wasn't going to do fabulous sales no matter what happened, but jesus I didn't think it would be THIS BAD. I know most people don't own a Wii U, but 5000? That's insane.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Wonderful 101 is going to do poorly because it really hasn't been advertised beyond gaming/nintendo websites and the only people who frequent those are the sort who would also try the game's demo and realize it is not nearly as good of a game as everybody wants it to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Or they could have put the W101 out in August like they did in Europe, and then maybe more than ten people would buy it, because gently caress all came out for the Wii U this month.

... Pikmin 3 came out August 4th? I mean August is like the one month you can't say that about.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Seriously bummed about that WW WiiU bundle, I'm a huge sucker for the Zelda games and that game pad would look great with the LE control from Skyward Sword.

But no, I buy it launch and get like 3 games and miss out on the baller gamepad that is also considerably cheaper and comes with the game I want. :(

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raizor posted:

I think it's time to accept that when the Wonderful 101 comes out and does incredibly poorly, GTA and a pack-in remake won't have had as much to do with it as one would like to believe.

I don't know about you, but I only play one game at a time and finish it completely, then buy the next game that comes out. I can't be playing a game that's a week old, my neighbors kids will make fun of me.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man that WW bundle looks so drat tempting. I've bought every single Nintendo thing since the gameboy friggin color solely to play a Zelda game... I just kind of wish it was anything besides Wind Waker. I couldn't even watch Cosmo destroy it yesterday without getting bored.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Balobam posted:

Seriously bummed about that WW WiiU bundle, I'm a huge sucker for the Zelda games and that game pad would look great with the LE control from Skyward Sword.

But no, I buy it launch and get like 3 games and miss out on the baller gamepad that is also considerably cheaper and comes with the game I want. :(

You could always sell your Wii U for it?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ImpAtom posted:

... Pikmin 3 came out August 4th? I mean August is like the one month you can't say that about.

Oh, I thought that came out at the end of July. My mistake.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze boxart!

Love it :allears:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kurtofan posted:

I keep forgetting this is out this year and then I get horrible flashbacks to how hard DKCR was. Then I get more excited.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kurtofan posted:

Donkey kong is the only character with separate individual eyeballs. :stare:

And teeth he seems to be the only one with teeth too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

WendigoJohnson posted:

Donkey kong is the only character with separate individual eyeballs. :stare:

And teeth!

Why is this Kong smiling?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

And teeth!

Why is this Kong smiling?

They just seem to loving excited that their homeland is being ravaged by animal analogies of European invaders and pillagers.

Kongs have no sense of History.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Dixie looks a tad daft. I'm very excited to play this though. Crazy to think that in a few weeks a stream of games I can't wait to play are finally coming out for the Wii U. My wallet aches in anticipation.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WendigoJohnson posted:

They just seem to loving excited that their homeland is being ravaged by animal analogies of European invaders and pillagers.

Actually they are just happily swinging on trees without knowing the vikings are invading.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WendigoJohnson posted:

Donkey Kong is a psychopathic hoarder who enjoys killing things.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This deconstruction of Donkey Kong is giving me giggle fits.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MassRafTer posted:

Donkey Kong is a psychopathic hoarder who enjoys killing things.

Your only enemy in the original Donkey Kong Country was the Kremlins but you went out and killed every living creature on the island to get to King K. Rool.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

quote:

Wii Party U (10/25; bundled with a black Wii Remote Plus; $49.99)

Wonder if they are going to sell a version without a Wii Remote Plus for cheaper.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

MykonosFan posted:

Seems like it's coming to the US as a Gamestop exclusive for $54.99 which is a WAY better deal than the EU bundle.

I was gonna grab the digital version early but screw missing out on that sweet Ganondorf statue :getin:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Astro7x posted:

Wonder if they are going to sell a version without a Wii Remote Plus for cheaper.

Why would you do that unless you already have 4 wiimotes? I will probably jump on that because I still have my classic wiimotes without motion plus on them.

also is that zelda 3ds game the Legend of Zelda Link to the past one?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Crowbear posted:

Seems like it's coming to the US as a Gamestop exclusive for $54.99 which is a WAY better deal than the EU bundle.

I was gonna grab the digital version early but screw missing out on that sweet Ganondorf statue :getin:

Do you have a link or anything? Not that I don't trust you, just don't want to miss out. :shobon:

EDIT: I'm seeing news sites mention this, maybe I just need to scour the GameStop website harder or wait for them to actually list it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

MykonosFan posted:

Do you have a link or anything? Not that I don't trust you, just don't want to miss out. :shobon:

EDIT: I'm seeing news sites mention this, maybe I just need to scour the GameStop website harder or wait for them to actually list it.

It was in their press release apparently.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663957

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I might've missed it, but to those of you who bought DuckTales: did you love it, or get tired of it in an hour?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spiffster posted:

Why would you do that unless you already have 4 wiimotes?

Because... I already have 5 wiimotes? I don't need 6. I keep a single Wiimote synced with my original Wii, so it oddly works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Red posted:

I might've missed it, but to those of you who bought DuckTales: did you love it, or get tired of it in an hour?

I've only gotten to play two levels so far but I've really enjoyed it. The gameplay is the same as the NES version. It's cheesy but there's a story newly included which gives some context to why Scrooge is in the amazon or the moon. The main complaints I've seen are about that story but eh, I don't really find it too bad and you can skip the cutscenes if you want.

• Locked thread