Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When you flex your pecs she twerks!!

You could not wear deodorant and have it be extra realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

There are knockoff Tazers? Really?

I'm surprised as you are. I thought the Phazzer was one of those green-laser nausea inducers that has been touted as an even less lethal alternative to Tasers.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Young Freud posted:

I'm surprised as you are. I thought the Phazzer was one of those green-laser nausea inducers that has been touted as an even less lethal alternative to Tasers.

I think Phazzer sounds like teen slang for an STD.

"Dude, you don't want to sleep with her, she's got phazzers!"

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

So, Uwe Boll is trying to raise $500k to make a movie adaptation of Postal 2.

The Kickstarter posted:

POSTAL 2 will finally destroy the filmindustry and the world we are living in. We could name the movie also HONEY BOOBOO must die ....but so many people deserve to die. Why starting with a child? Did Osama die? We know. And why the Navy Seals were too stupid to land a helicopter on a free field? Why did Building 6 collapse? We explain. Why is Obama is like Bush? We show you.

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

C'mon, quote the best bit:

quote:

Where the money goes

The money goes all for cocaine for the stars down the nose.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Okay, I actually missed that bit. I kinda stopped reading after the bit I quoted.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
The most honest Kickstarter.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kittycatrap/larger-then-tiger

Creating a large painting of a tiger to video viewers looking at art work. It will be shown in public places on city streets.

I am painting a 60 inch x 8 foot painting of a tiger from planet 9 in acrylic paint on canvas. This painting will be shown in many public places outside just like a tiger in the wild. Then we will take video clips of those who look at the tiger painting, and ask them why they like tigers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

calusari posted:

Creating a large painting of a tiger to video viewers looking at art work. It will be shown in public places on city streets.

I am painting a 60 inch x 8 foot painting of a tiger from planet 9 in acrylic paint on canvas. This painting will be shown in many public places outside just like a tiger in the wild. Then we will take video clips of those who look at the tiger painting, and ask them why they like tigers.

This reads like something a guy I went to film school would have written. He fried his brain with mushrooms years ago. I have a feeling it's the same with this dude.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

TheJoker138 posted:

This reads like something a guy I went to film school would have written. He fried his brain with mushrooms years ago. I have a feeling it's the same with this dude.

studied art studio at university of south florida

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

calusari posted:

His previous Kickstarter was pretty good and sadly didn't get funded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kittycatrap/cat-from-planet-9

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Every semester someone in my class tries this whole "watch the person viewing the art" schtick and it is always awful. Art School Law right there.

calusari posted:

studied art studio at university of south florida

Studied?! As in past tense, already graduated kind of studied? Not enough people called 'bullshit' on his work during critique. Why waste your money on an art degree like this? There are so many other low-effort degrees that you could get that are far more useful than an art degree.

Edit: Oh poo poo, just saw the project title for the Kickstarter "larger then tiger".

Sanguinary Novel has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Aug 29, 2013

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Every semester someone in my class tries this whole "watch the person viewing the art" schtick and it is always awful. Art School Law right there.

Studied?! As in past tense, already graduated kind of studied? Not enough people called 'bullshit' on his work during critique. Why waste your money on an art degree like this? There are so many other low-effort degrees that you could get that are far more useful than an art degree.

Edit: Oh poo poo, just saw the project title for the Kickstarter "larger then tiger".

Hey man a degree in outsider art is a growth experience

That video is pretty incredible and makes me feel like this dude knows exactly what he's doing, probably more than I do.

WasntMe
Aug 29, 2013

senrath posted:

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

My 2,5 dollars are now used for the greater poo poo

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

calusari posted:

"Risks and challenges

My only fear is rain when I place my panting outside.."

Me too, buddy, me too.

Admiral Heklar
May 2, 2012

Gate Camper
This Just In:

iCPooch -- Internet Enabled Pet Treat Delivery System

Are you too busy working away or just to loving lazy to look after your pet... you need the new internet enabled treat delivery system. You can video chat with your pooch, (gently caress me a talking do would be good wouldn't it.)

For your money you get:

$25 or more - sample cookies... yay
$75 or more - + a painting
$99+ you get an actual iCPooch.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icpooch/icpooch-internet-enabled-pet-treat-delivery-system

why does every many and his dog :seewhatididthere: think you can make something sound cool and techie by adding a lower case i in front of it. I cant be the only person in the world who thinks that if you cant take care of a dog then perhaps you shouldn't get one in the first place.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Admiral Heklar posted:

why does every many and his dog :seewhatididthere: think you can make something sound cool and techie by adding a lower case i in front of it..

It's not just tech stuff. There used to be a really bad taco place near me called iTaco.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

senrath posted:

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

Considering how Rampage turned out surprisingly alright, this might turn out ok if he treats it as Rampage 2. Bingo Hall scene in Rampage was hilarious as poo poo

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

TTBF posted:

It's not just tech stuff. There used to be a really bad taco place near me called iTaco.

Say what you will, but I, Taco was one of Isaac Asimov's more interesting short stories. Right off the bat, it introduced the Three Laws of Tacotics, where a taco must satisfy human hunger, must contain delicious shredded or ground meats, and should obey all orders to get the hell into my mouth right now.

Of course we all knew where Asimov was going with this and that the rest of I, Taco would be about tacos rebelling, breaking the rules and growing even more delicious as they became spicy tacos locos.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Noni posted:

Say what you will, but I, Taco was one of Isaac Asimov's more interesting short stories. Right off the bat, it introduced the Three Laws of Tacotics, where a taco must satisfy human hunger, must contain delicious shredded or ground meats, and should obey all orders to get the hell into my mouth right now.

Of course we all knew where Asimov was going with this and that the rest of I, Taco would be about tacos rebelling, breaking the rules and growing even more delicious as they became spicy tacos locos.

The Will Smith movie Tacoformers: Revenge of the Fajitas based on Asimovs book was a loving heresy. :mad:

MICHAEL BAY :argh:

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp
Tacoformers still have nothing on Will Smith's masterful performance in I am Taco however. Playing a man struggling to survive in a world turned upside down by a nightmarish vegetarian plague, Will Smith's acting shines through particularly in the now famous Taco Bell scene where he endlessly repeats "yo quierro taco bell" in an attempt to the growing effects of taco deprivation.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

senrath posted:

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

I hope the movie features the redwood forest that shows up in everything from Stargate to BSG:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

It would take my shepherd pup about 2 minutes to tear that thing open to get all of the treats at once.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

iCPooch:

You have to supply your own tablet/phone. Half of the things this device is supposed to do is done by a separate device.

quote:

Does a tablet or phone come with the system?

No. A tablet or smartphone can be mounted on the device to provide video chat capability, but the iCPooch software and hardware does not interact with that device.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Admiral Heklar posted:

This Just In:

Took me a solid 10 seconds to not read that as iCooch.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
iCPooch? ICP? Why did they pass up the opportunity for TCPooch? Oh, right, because they're nincompoops.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

because they're nincompoops.

No, the Nincompooch is a separate upgrade.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Manifest posted:

It would take my shepherd pup about 2 minutes to tear that thing open to get all of the treats at once.

Not even that long. All it would take is to knock it on its side and get the lid off.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

DoctorTristan posted:

Not even that long. All it would take is to knock it on its side and get the lid off.

Yeah even my cat could do it. He's gotten into harder places to steal treats before.

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young
I was going through the local projects slider on the front page of kickstarter and came across the next innovation in video games!

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
45 grand for a proof of concept?

edit: Oh, really, he's a patent attorney? I am shocked.

Looks like he's farming out the PoC to Infrared5, who look like a pretty legit company. I imagine the goal is what they quoted him minus kickstarter fees.

likecnsnnts has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Aug 29, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

likecnsnnts posted:

45 grand for a proof of concept?

"ideas man". That's why he can't show footage of the gameplay or else people will steal it

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

SineRider posted:

I was going through the local projects slider on the front page of kickstarter and came across the next innovation in video games!

So as far as I can understand: the money isn't to make a real product that backers can play, but to make a demo that he can show to VCs to get $ for a real game or for selling the technology. So it's kind of like being an angel investor but you don't get squat in return except a lousy demo. Do I have that right?

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

monster on a stick posted:

So as far as I can understand: the money isn't to make a real product that backers can play, but to make a demo that he can show to VCs to get $ for a real game or for selling the technology. So it's kind of like being an angel investor but you don't get squat in return except a lousy demo. Do I have that right?

Yes its for proof of concept though for $50 you get a copy of the POC (hehe) game. I wonder if its specifically worded that way but from his award tiers, technically if you donate $75, you'll only get the t-shirt and nothing below it

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Admiral Heklar posted:

This Just In:

Are you too busy working away or just to loving lazy to look after your pet... you need the new internet enabled treat delivery system. You can video chat with your pooch, (gently caress me a talking do would be good wouldn't it.)

For your money you get:

$25 or more - sample cookies... yay
$75 or more - + a painting
$99+ you get an actual iCPooch.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icpooch/icpooch-internet-enabled-pet-treat-delivery-system

why does every many and his dog :seewhatididthere: think you can make something sound cool and techie by adding a lower case i in front of it. I cant be the only person in the world who thinks that if you cant take care of a dog then perhaps you shouldn't get one in the first place.

You just know someone is going to rely on this to feed their pet while on vacation, and come back to a dead animal because their router crashed on the second day.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Otisburg posted:

Like many lame superheros, he's got a much more stylish rogue's gallery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivkzosgyx-U

Rex velvet was hired by Jones to run a publicity thing. They are friends IRL. He tries, and until the Rex velvet character, failed to make viral videos.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

TTBF posted:

It must be a thing because there's a Mexican place near me called High Tech Burrito that makes really awful burritos.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

cyberia posted:

It must be a thing because there's a Mexican place near me called High Tech Burrito that makes really awful burritos.

Are they really crunchy and electrocute you when you try to eat them?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

7thBatallion posted:

Rex velvet was hired by Jones to run a publicity thing. They are friends IRL. He tries, and until the Rex velvet character, failed to make viral videos.

Wonder if he's sour how effortlessly his pal outshone his superhero theme of "guy in rubber muscle suit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Machai posted:

Are they really crunchy and electrocute you when you try to eat them?

Robert Heinlein made them, so probably. And I hear they taste unexpectedly sour at the end. Arthur C. Clarke, the third member of the big three amigos, got into chalupa. Not chalupas. It's just one single, delicious, massive chalupa.