Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Throwdown posted:

I am considering starting a new recruitment thread in games and will e-mail a mod to get approval. As I had posted earlier I joined a league with a stupid name but great players who are active and doing all the end game stuff. Only thing is that I realized we need more tanks. If we can get a bunch of people in it would make leveling and gaining CR much easier and I would be more than happy to help people with missions and instances, just send me a message, my ign is Signore Punchinello. Only reason I will probably say no to help is if I am in the middle of a raid or farming exo's for a new piece of gear.

What timezones do you guys play predominantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

LacklusterMan posted:

Are you a Hero or Villain?

Villain.

Ajax posted:

What timezones do you guys play predominantly?

We are from all over, I am primarily on night times EST until late but there are usually no problems finding a group on to do stuff with.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
So how do you plan on us server from europe? I have us station account, but it redirects me to this prosieben poo poo.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
at the launcher, there is a gear to the left of the patcher dialog. change region in that somewhere. just click poo poo.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I think I joined a villain league full of kids. At least I'm getting marks faster :v:

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I'd just like to report that as of right now, I only have ONE investigation left to complete! and about a dozen or so briefings to wrap up. I've been trying to rack up some skill points, got up to 51 today.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
How is this game doing? I'm having superhero withdrawals. I quit right when basic mooks were getting blocks/counters/lunges added to them; did that totally kill the game like people were saying it would?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

WarLocke posted:

How is this game doing? I'm having superhero withdrawals. I quit right when basic mooks were getting blocks/counters/lunges added to them; did that totally kill the game like people were saying it would?

The devs, SOE Austin, got hit with another round of layoffs this week. (Shacknews link)

The PS4 port is still going so maybe they are focusing on that right now. I fell so far behind in terms of gear/badges that I threw in the towel for a while.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Honestly, right now's probably a good time to leap back in (says the biased party who made the thread). There've been a lot of handy little interface tweaks and user-friendliness moves lately, especially with this week's patch doing things like consolidating banks/auction/mail into grouped sets of terminals instead of being spread out in HQ, or actively tweaking gear drops (at the top levels for now, hopefully working backwards after some bug-testing) so that people get their own distinct drops instead of having to jockey for the lone piece of loot off a boss.

Also new content coming and all that, but.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I can't get enough of the hard light controller. It's easily the funnest character for me to play. I don't play it like a normal person though, so it takes groups awhile to warm up to it. When I'm soloing I use controller stance because I like the extra dominance, but I've found that when I'm grouping it's better to be dps because otherwise I'm expected to focus almost exclusively on power regeneration. I prefer infinite combos/crowd control.

I like to either chain Chainsaw-Ram-Whip-Hand Clap-Chainsaw-etc or Light Claws-Ram-Snap Trap-Fan-Light Claws-etc. I suppose I could go Chainsaw-Ram-Snap Trap-Fan-Light Claws-Ram-Whip-Hand Clap-Chainsaw-etc if I wanted too, though I haven't done it before. I pull a lot of aggro with this method but I'm controlling half the map at once. It's really fun to do, even if it's repetitive. Further I never have to worry about running out of power. Yes, the chained constructs go off my precision instead of might, but they also build up combos. Maybe I'm playing it "wrong," but all in all it's a blast so I don't really care unless I'm on a team whose controller isn't doing a great job, in which case I'll change it up a bit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Yeah I stopped playing my Mental controller early on when they revamped stuff to make controllers more about being an energy battery than crowd controllers. It didn't help that all the other players immediately jumped on it as if they only existed to enable other players to use powers nonstop.

How is the Quantum set? Spacial/gravity powers are always cool and I already have a name/concept that would work well with it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I need to get back into this with my Lightning Healer because drat if he wasn't fun to play.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

... So what exactly is this 'lantern-themed gear' they talk about in the blurb for Fight for the Light? I got grandfathered into the expansion because I had an active account at the time but I've never noticed any particular lantern gear. The closest I remember was pics floating around of green construct weapons during the beta, but I'm pretty sure those were 'shopped.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The content they added drops Green Lantern-ey gear.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

Yeah I stopped playing my Mental controller early on when they revamped stuff to make controllers more about being an energy battery than crowd controllers. It didn't help that all the other players immediately jumped on it as if they only existed to enable other players to use powers nonstop.

How is the Quantum set? Spacial/gravity powers are always cool and I already have a name/concept that would work well with it.

Leveling a quantum battery right now, and the stuns are nice. I can keep half a map stunned for a while, more than long enough if DPS doesn't get confused by all the floaty dudes and move on to something else.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

On thing that always bugged me was how Flight was just so much better than Speed or Acrobatics. Easier/simpler to use (no worries about getting hung up on stuff), you can fly above mob aggro radius, MUCH easier to spot collections and stuff with it... It was always such a pain to go with either of the alternatives.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

On thing that always bugged me was how Flight was just so much better than Speed or Acrobatics. Easier/simpler to use (no worries about getting hung up on stuff), you can fly above mob aggro radius, MUCH easier to spot collections and stuff with it... It was always such a pain to go with either of the alternatives.

I've always considered doing speed or acrobatics to be deciding you want to play hardmode, tho I have seen some speedsters who had incredible control over their characters.

I always end up upside down wondering what the gently caress I am doing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Superspeed is loving awesome in this game, and I really wanted CoH to copy it. I knew they couldn't, but still.

When I get bored, I jump on the horizontal arm part of a traffic light, and just run in circles on it. :allears:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Back in the last thread you were considered a pleb if you didn't take acrobatics for various mechanical reasons, but really after playing a flight character so long, I feel constrained in any other movement mode.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Back in the last thread you were considered a pleb if you didn't take acrobatics for various mechanical reasons, but really after playing a flight character so long, I feel constrained in any other movement mode.

Acrobatics has some nice GTFO moves, but like superspeed I always find myself stuck on terrain.

Pretty much, I am bad at running.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Flight is so slow when you get hit, though. It's physically painful how slowly you move in general.

And actually, Acrobatics is the easiest to search for Collections with... turn on the jetpack and angle your cam down as you fly over all the buildings. Super easy.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Oh no way, the thing I hated about flight was the constant pulls/interrupts that enemies would throw at you if you were as much as a foot off the ground. I know it's there to keep you from plinking them away safely but it was just ridiculous the time I was playing.

Acrobatics has a half-flight ability that lets you cruise around the city anyway, so gently caress flight.

EDIT: vvv Christ, are people actually manually toggling their travel powers on and off from fight to fight?

jjac fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 1, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Flight is so slow when you get hit, though. It's physically painful how slowly you move in general.

You shouldn't have Flight on in combat, and if you're traveling you're high enough to skirt mobs. :colbert:

Acrobatic also has no control over it's flight-type power and you can't hover with it, so gently caress that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

You shouldn't have Flight on in combat, and if you're traveling you're high enough to skirt mobs. :colbert:

Acrobatic also has no control over it's flight-type power and you can't hover with it, so gently caress that.

Flight is wonderful in combat, what are you talking about. As long as the enemy doesn't spam knockdowns on you, you can just plink poo poo to death from the skies, and the poo poo that does do knockdowns, well, at least they aren't killing you.

And acrobatics gets better control over flight with their level 9 unlock, if I understand what you are saying about it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Knockdown doesn't matter much anyway when you can just press a button to get you out of any control effect.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Speaking of, did they reverse the thing where every mook spams counters/interrupts/heavy attacks?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

Speaking of, did they reverse the thing where every mook spams counters/interrupts/heavy attacks?

I've run into a few that did that, but it doesn't seem to be the whole game.

The solo where you go after penguin was annoying as hell tho, my fire tank couldn't do poo poo.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Is there still a goon presence in DCUO, and if so is it still mostly villain side? Most of my characters tend to be heroes because I'm boring like that. :ohdear:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

Is there still a goon presence in DCUO, and if so is it still mostly villain side? Most of my characters tend to be heroes because I'm boring like that. :ohdear:

I dunno about a goon presence, since I just came back after quitting a month after launch, but I have a 30 villain fire tank and am now leveling a hero quantum dude.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

WarLocke posted:

There are still people in-game, and a lot do lean villain? But a few of us have heroes, yeah. I need to do a sweep of the last few pages and update the OP, but I've been waiting until we had more solid info on Sons of Trigon to just do it all at once.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I tend to play both sides fairly equally but still haven't grouped with any goons yet. Well maybe I have, but I wasn't aware. Is there any way to make a group chat channel to make it easier to chat with one another?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I pop in and out, but I'm distracted by Saints Row at the moment. I'd been avoiding pug raids for so long but joined a league and holy poo poo there's so much content I've been missing

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

mastajake posted:

I tend to play both sides fairly equally but still haven't grouped with any goons yet. Well maybe I have, but I wasn't aware. Is there any way to make a group chat channel to make it easier to chat with one another?

You can make a custom chat channel in the options menu. It won't be password protected so any pubbie could hop in, though. I made a Goonsquad one a while back but I guess it didn't stick, so you can either use that or decide on a name that everyone else here can agree on.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

jjac posted:

You can make a custom chat channel in the options menu. It won't be password protected so any pubbie could hop in, though. I made a Goonsquad one a while back but I guess it didn't stick, so you can either use that or decide on a name that everyone else here can agree on.

Thanks. I joined the channel if anyone else wants to give it a go.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

shoot. I've not had any time to play of late, as I've been too busy with work.
I gotta try to get in there pretty soon.

I miss Nutzo Berzerko.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I've still got a gig or so to download/install, hopefully will be on USPC tonight some time, than I get to figure out where all my characters stand.

I really want to buy that Crisis DLC for the Quantum powerset but money is tight, damnit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy poo poo, gently caress you Sony.

So I want Origin Crisis, right? I have 503 Station Cash in my account, the DLC is $9.99, so that's a no-go. BUT! I have about $6 in my Steam wallet, and the DCUO market allows me to buy SC with that. So buy 500 SC, then buy DLC, bam.

Nope, you can't buy DLC packs with Station Cash.

Are you loving kidding me? :fuckoff:

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I think it's from them catching on that people were stockpiling their SC points from double/triple-point sales and buying all of them, which is a drat shame.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah, that JUST changed a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I guess I'll just drop $20 on a Steam wallet card tomorrow (buying DLC on Steam still works, right?) I just have no loving idea what to do with this 1003 SC I now have.

Also every loving superhero-sounding name I try is taken, I even lost Dynamo Lass and Countess Cold. :negative:

• Locked thread