Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

nutranurse posted:

I dunno, it's pretty easy to figure out where everything is as the names are pretty similar, so long as you have a vague grasp on geography. Ex. Sicily's called "Cisille", Siqilliya, and Sikelias depending on if the title holder's Norman, Arabic, or Greek respectively. All those names are pretty similar.

But yeah, I'm about 1/4th of the way through the landed_titles.txt, but I'm modifying only the Flavorful Titular Titles's landed_titles.txt, so it'll be optional anyway. I'll share the modified file when I'm done.

Thanks for your hard work! I always wanted to try out that mod, but I have never been industrious enough to put the hours in to do the modifying your doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Is there a way to figure out why your game is crashing? I just made a mod with my modified defines.lua and succession_laws.txt and it's crashing after a day or two.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

catlord posted:

Is there a way to figure out why your game is crashing? I just made a mod with my modified defines.lua and succession_laws.txt and it's crashing after a day or two.

Poke around the files in My Docs/Paradox/CK2/logs at a guess. There's an error.log file which I would assume has the answer, although I don't know for sure because I've never really had to make use of it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Allyn posted:

Poke around the files in My Docs/Paradox/CK2/logs at a guess. There's an error.log file which I would assume has the answer, although I don't know for sure because I've never really had to make use of it.

Well, I think it might be because I was trying to load a save game with it, despite the fact that I don't think changing succession_laws.txt would be an issue and I'm using the same defines.lua, just moved to a mod folder. Trying a new game it let me go a month without crashing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Now that I've really got the basics of the game down pat, is there a good place to go to learn the subtleties? Stuff like "who should I hand out titles to" and "who should I marry" and "how can I ridiculously min-max my armies"? As England/Ireland I can stomp all over everyone but Poland is a scary place, surrounded by Germans, Vikings, Russians, Mongols, and those damned resilient Hungarians, and I need to know the game a lot better to do well.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Now that I've really got the basics of the game down pat, is there a good place to go to learn the subtleties? Stuff like "who should I hand out titles to" and "who should I marry" and "how can I ridiculously min-max my armies"? As England/Ireland I can stomp all over everyone but Poland is a scary place, surrounded by Germans, Vikings, Russians, Mongols, and those damned resilient Hungarians, and I need to know the game a lot better to do well.

Try a Christian nation in Iberia in either the Old Gods or 1066 start. You start in a precarious position, but one that can be exploited. It'll teach you about the importance of alliances, intrigue, and surviving clowncars.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

1066 Ireland -> 1066 Christian Iberia -> 867 Pagan Poland/Lithuania seems like a good progression of difficulty.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

fool_of_sound posted:

Try a Christian nation in Iberia in either the Old Gods or 1066 start. You start in a precarious position, but one that can be exploited. It'll teach you about the importance of alliances, intrigue, and surviving clowncars.

Thanks, I'm already a bit into a Poland game but I'll try out Spain if it goes south. What's the best way to break up a enemy nation- not so I can grab chunks, but just fracture it permanently? Lotharingia has a huge blob between France and Germany and I'm a bit worried about them.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks, I'm already a bit into a Poland game but I'll try out Spain if it goes south. What's the best way to break up a enemy nation- not so I can grab chunks, but just fracture it permanently? Lotharingia has a huge blob between France and Germany and I'm a bit worried about them.

A decent way to do this is to stab their rulers until you get somebody all of their vassals hate or a child (who everyone hates by default!) and then go to war with them over whatever. As long as you can get to the point where you can press a white peace you're not going to take much of a penalty even if you can't win, and your goal is to kill their levies as much as you can. Eventually, you'll have pushed down the troop ratio between the liege and the independence faction enough to embolden separatists and they'll often rebel during the war or just after it concludes.

Edit: This is also something you should remember for your own realm - don't get into a war that will seriously deplete your troop reserves if your vassals hate you or they will strike.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 1, 2013

Glass Hand
Apr 24, 2006

Just one more finger, Trent.
Who exactly do you have to kill to get kinslayer? I just had my mother (!) declare war on me; I won the war and proceeded to plot-murder her, inheriting her kingdom ahead of schedule, but getting caught in the process - and yet without the kinslayer I was expecting. Is it just dynasty members + wives?

Also, "damned resilient Hungarians" is news to me. Hungary is a festival of civil war in nearly every game I play. I've never seen a post-1066 Hungary pose any kind of threat to any of its neighbors, as it's usually too busy fighting out a full-blown ducal insurrection while being simultaneously harassed by Pechenegs.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

nutranurse posted:

I dunno, it's pretty easy to figure out where everything is as the names are pretty similar, so long as you have a vague grasp on geography. Ex. Sicily's called "Cisille", Siqilliya, and Sikelias depending on if the title holder's Norman, Arabic, or Greek respectively. All those names are pretty similar.

But yeah, I'm about 1/4th of the way through the landed_titles.txt, but I'm modifying only the Flavorful Titular Titles's landed_titles.txt, so it'll be optional anyway. I'll share the modified file when I'm done.

Thanks for doing this - remember that some of the holy sites have moved, so keep an eye on them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Glass Hand posted:

Also, "damned resilient Hungarians" is news to me. Hungary is a festival of civil war in nearly every game I play. I've never seen a post-1066 Hungary pose any kind of threat to any of its neighbors, as it's usually too busy fighting out a full-blown ducal insurrection while being simultaneously harassed by Pechenegs.

I dunno, it's been pretty stable for me, it's just big and wearing it down is gonna be trouble. Probably should do it before I import to EUIV though, given how crazy it is to core Hungarian provinces in that game.

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011

Glass Hand posted:

Who exactly do you have to kill to get kinslayer? I just had my mother (!) declare war on me; I won the war and proceeded to plot-murder her, inheriting her kingdom ahead of schedule, but getting caught in the process - and yet without the kinslayer I was expecting. Is it just dynasty members + wives?

I've always gotten kinslayer by executions rather than plots or assassination.

Is there any other way to keep low decadence without assassinating all your relatives, because even when I land them I still wind up with ~20% decadence?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

echopapa posted:

Thanks for doing this - remember that some of the holy sites have moved, so keep an eye on them.

Cool, I was gonna hunt you down and shoot off a PM to get permission, but I guess I don't have to!

Also yeah, I just noticed the holy sites change. Time to go edit those in! Yay.

:negative:

edit: You really did an awesome job at finding/translating all these names, btw.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 1, 2013

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kainser posted:

I have no clue, I just remember seeing it in a loading screen tip. It does seem to be a pretty odd rule.

It's not all that odd. It's going for an eventual male heir, as if the grandson was actually inheriting the country with his mother as regent.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
So I am playing as a crazed homosexual berserker with a starting diplomacy of -5 as the vikings invading England, and everything immediately begins going downhill after I take over the provinces via invasion.

Every last one of my vassals and courtiers is at -100 relationship, so I immediately arrest everyone, wipe up the ones who rebel, and then systematically execute them if they don't have money and if they have money I banish them. They flee to the neighboring nations which I use de jure claims to snatch up their nobles and then proceeds to wildly murder my way across England.

I am at 50/4 on my demense and make +2 per tick when my army is at rest. The only way for me to make money is to burn down all of england at once with my 16k raiding army.

King Batshit Insane is literally cutting out the middleman from his kingdom.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Commoners posted:

So I am playing as a crazed homosexual berserker with a starting diplomacy of -5 as the vikings invading England, and everything immediately begins going downhill after I take over the provinces via invasion.

Every last one of my vassals and courtiers is at -100 relationship, so I immediately arrest everyone, wipe up the ones who rebel, and then systematically execute them if they don't have money and if they have money I banish them. They flee to the neighboring nations which I use de jure claims to snatch up their nobles and then proceeds to wildly murder my way across England.

I am at 50/4 on my demense and make +2 per tick when my army is at rest. The only way for me to make money is to burn down all of england at once with my 16k raiding army.

King Batshit Insane is literally cutting out the middleman from his kingdom.

I've always wanted to see a gimmick playthrough where you have no vassals and run absolutely everything yourself.

How can I destabilize Muslim regimes? The Seljuks have conquered Hungary in 1066 (:stare:) and the Byzantines are already a Miaphysite wreck. Crusades should follow shortly, but I'm worried about the Seljuks breathing down my neck in Poland.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I've always wanted to see a gimmick playthrough where you have no vassals and run absolutely everything yourself.

You can do that up to about 20 holdings, more than that and you start losing money even without levies raised

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

StashAugustine posted:

How can I destabilize Muslim regimes? The Seljuks have conquered Hungary in 1066 (:stare:) and the Byzantines are already a Miaphysite wreck. Crusades should follow shortly, but I'm worried about the Seljuks breathing down my neck in Poland.

Wasn't there some king or emperor or someone, somewhere, who literally tried to run his realm by himself? I seem to recall reading or hearing something to that extent, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was. Might've been some Roman or Byzantine emperor?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Wasn't there some king or emperor or someone, somewhere, who literally tried to run his realm by himself? I seem to recall reading or hearing something to that extent, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was. Might've been some Roman or Byzantine emperor?

I dunno about that but Im sure his Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I was a pretty hands on type of guy. He personally inspected every cable car in San Francisco.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Is there any alternative to Better Armies (which hasn't been updated in a couple of months) for CK2+?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

StashAugustine posted:

Stab and holy war when possible.

As the Byzantines I took down the Arabian Empire by stabbing them into succession wars then picking off the easiest rebelling pieces through holy wars. After a few generations of this, a terrible ruler landed on the throne and I didn't even have to stab anymore. Independence wars broke out and like half the realm left.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
New addict chiming in. I got caught by the Humble Bundle trap.

1. Is it a general good idea to go for elective succession and then just make sure your demesne is maxed?
Edit: Answered my own question. One vote is one vote. I got lucky with retarded vassals all voting for themselves and got my heir in anyway.

2. A few times (possibly due to fast forwarding) I've had the Righteous Imprisonment icon pop up out of nowhere. In it's latest incarnation I apparently hate my wife for being dishonest, and can imprison her, but I have no idea why. It popped up as her Scottish nobles were aiding me in Ireland, and then she got into a claim war, so maybe it has something to do with her troops bailing. Is there any way to go back and see why I have cause for Righteous Imprisonment?

Mailer fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 1, 2013

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

NihilCredo posted:

Is there any alternative to Better Armies (which hasn't been updated in a couple of months) for CK2+?

It's being incorporated as an optional module next release.

Also, nutranurse and echopapa, I'll bring it up to the others as possibly adding it as a module.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

SpRahl posted:

I dunno about that but Im sure his Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I was a pretty hands on type of guy. He personally inspected every cable car in San Francisco.

I love that the guy was just so charismatic that people back then just decided to roll with it and treat him like royalty despite him just being a crazy street person. It's really heartwarming. :unsmith: He'd just end up sleeping in a cardboard box nowadays.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

It's being incorporated as an optional module next release.

Also, nutranurse and echopapa, I'll bring it up to the others as possibly adding it as a module.

Cool! I've done much of the gruntwork, you can find the files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xt2jnm1jmlkjup/landed_titles.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1djwmp76c57m4c/titular_titles.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dqzzsne84z2p26w/special_titles.txt

Both the landed_titles & titular_titles go into your CK2Plus_FTT\common\landed_titles folder.

The special_titles.txt goes into your CK2Plus\common\landed_titles folder.

Please let me know if I messed anything up. I ran a quick game last night and encountered no problems, but I may have missed something.

Also, yay about the incorporation of Better Armies; I love that mod.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mailer posted:

New addict chiming in. I got caught by the Humble Bundle trap.

1. Is it a general good idea to go for elective succession and then just make sure your demesne is maxed?
Edit: Answered my own question. One vote is one vote. I got lucky with retarded vassals all voting for themselves and got my heir in anyway.

2. A few times (possibly due to fast forwarding) I've had the Righteous Imprisonment icon pop up out of nowhere. In it's latest incarnation I apparently hate my wife for being dishonest, and can imprison her, but I have no idea why. It popped up as her Scottish nobles were aiding me in Ireland, and then she got into a claim war, so maybe it has something to do with her troops bailing. Is there any way to go back and see why I have cause for Righteous Imprisonment?

Go to their diplomacy page and click Imprison, it should say something like "no one will care because we have evidence she's leader of a plot/she's excommunicated/she's acted dishonorably towards us."

I've been losing battles where I had ~30K troops and my enemy had ~25K, but still lose handily, it looks like my center flank is collapsing too fast. How should I be organizing my military?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You know, it's maybe not a good idea to found a faction for control of my kingdom when ABSOLUTELY NOBODY LIKES YOU.

That was the fastest assassination I ever managed.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

Cool! I've done much of the gruntwork, you can find the files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xt2jnm1jmlkjup/landed_titles.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1djwmp76c57m4c/titular_titles.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dqzzsne84z2p26w/special_titles.txt

Both the landed_titles & titular_titles go into your CK2Plus_FTT\common\landed_titles folder.

The special_titles.txt goes into your CK2Plus\common\landed_titles folder.

Please let me know if I messed anything up. I ran a quick game last night and encountered no problems, but I may have missed something.

Also, yay about the incorporation of Better Armies; I love that mod.

Nevermind, for whatever reason the game crashes when I try to go to the religion screen. Gonna see if I can figure out why.

Edit: Forgot to add in Mecca as a holy site. Here's the fixed landed_titles.txt:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtlcql0rb1j54vk/landed_titles.txt

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 1, 2013

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I love that the guy was just so charismatic that people back then just decided to roll with it and treat him like royalty despite him just being a crazy street person. It's really heartwarming. :unsmith: He'd just end up sleeping in a cardboard box nowadays.

Probably my favorite chunk of the article

wikipedia posted:

In 1867, a policeman named Armand Barbier arrested Norton to commit him to involuntary treatment for a mental disorder.[3] The Emperor's arrest outraged the citizens and sparked scathing editorials in the newspapers. Police Chief Patrick Crowley ordered Norton released and issued a formal apology on behalf of the police force.[10] Crowley wrote "that he had shed no blood; robbed no one; and despoiled no country; which is more than can be said of his fellows in that line."[12] Norton magnanimously granted what he considered an Imperial Pardon to the errant policeman. All police officers of San Francisco thereafter saluted Norton as he passed in the street.[24]

Norton did receive some tokens of recognition for his position. The 1870 U.S. census lists Joshua Norton as 50 years old and residing at 624 Commercial Street; his occupation was listed as Emporer [sic].[4][27] Norton also issued his own money to pay for his debts, and it became an accepted local currency in San Francisco. These notes came in denominations between fifty cents and ten dollars; the few surviving notes are collector's items. The city of San Francisco also honored Norton. When his uniform began to look shabby, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors bought him a suitably regal replacement. Norton sent a gracious thank you note and issued a "patent of nobility in perpetuity" for each supervisor.[28]

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

Nevermind, for whatever reason the game crashes when I try to go to the religion screen. Gonna see if I can figure out why.

Edit: Forgot to add in Mecca as a holy site. Here's the fixed landed_titles.txt:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtlcql0rb1j54vk/landed_titles.txt

Welp, that solved nothing. I can open the religion screen perfectly fine as a Christian, but attempting to do so as any kind of pagan causes the game to crash. Here's my error log, anyone got any ideas?

code:
[internationalizedtext.cpp:753]: TEXT ERROR: The tag for $™t need another source of court intrigue.  
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 2147483647 40. Already exists in game.
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .75, near line: 1073
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1075
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1404
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1406
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1408
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1410
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1412
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1414
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1416
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1420
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1424
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1428
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1432
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1436
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1440
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1443
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1448
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1451
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .9, near line: 1456
" in file: "events/concubine.txt" near line: 1459
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//coats_of_arms//dynasties3.tga.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

SpRahl posted:

Probably my favorite chunk of the article

That entire text was pure :unsmith:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was messing around starting with the Magyars at TOG start date. Surprised to find I started with an army of about 14k troops just standing around, about 5x the size of the guy I needed to war to form Hungary. Then when I form Hungary about 27k more troops show up. Now I have more troops than any neighbor except the Byz. I get the starting stack as I think around 870 the Magyars were a nomadic bunch that showed up in the area around there. Not sure why forming Hungary merits an 870 CE doomstack though.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, the Magyars are a bit silly. Arumba has a joke LP where he conquers the world with them in like 150 years.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Zurai posted:

Yeah, the Magyars are a bit silly. Arumba has a joke LP where he conquers the world with them in like 150 years.

He still has to culture convert everything. :colbert:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

nutranurse posted:

Welp, that solved nothing. I can open the religion screen perfectly fine as a Christian, but attempting to do so as any kind of pagan causes the game to crash. Here's my error log, anyone got any ideas?

I gave your mod a shot and it worked fine, no crashing for me. Tag switched around every pagan religion, Jewish, Miaphysite (or whatever the Abyssinian one is called), Muslims and Zoroastrians, no crashes on bringing up the religion tab. Dunno, dude. I was only running core CK2 with the FTT module, though -- maybe one of the others is messing with stuff? (I think I copied everything over right -- Brittany was called Breizh and the Arabian Empire's full name was absurdly long like I've never seen it before, though I don't usually run CK2)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Allyn posted:

I gave your mod a shot and it worked fine, no crashing for me. Tag switched around every pagan religion, Jewish, Miaphysite (or whatever the Abyssinian one is called), Muslims and Zoroastrians, no crashes on bringing up the religion tab. Dunno, dude. I was only running core CK2 with the FTT module, though -- maybe one of the others is messing with stuff? (I think I copied everything over right -- Brittany was called Breizh and the Arabian Empire's full name was absurdly long like I've never seen it before, though I don't usually run CK2)

Yeah, I figured out that the problem was an out-of-date submod. I did fix a few problems/bugs I ran into (check if Roslovl exists in your game), so I will upload the fixed file once I'm done butchering this gnocchi.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Arrange a marriage with the Emperor of Francia's daughter that grants an alliance. The next thing that happens? A dozen or so Counts and Dukes declare war to get someone else on the throne and persuade a couple of Karling Kings to join the party.
When the dust settles, I no longer have an alliance and my son is married to a thoroughly useless woman.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Go to their diplomacy page and click Imprison, it should say something like "no one will care because we have evidence she's leader of a plot/she's excommunicated/she's acted dishonorably towards us."

I've been losing battles where I had ~30K troops and my enemy had ~25K, but still lose handily, it looks like my center flank is collapsing too fast. How should I be organizing my military?

I don't know detailed unit type strategy, but are you attacking or defending, and are you watching when and how these happen? Some provinces give a terrain bonus to the defender, and many provinces are separated by rivers that give significant penalties to any army crossing them to attack. It's easy to not notice these if you're not looking for them (rivers are mentioned in county stats, and hills/mountains are only really visible in terrain view), but those bonuses pretty large. they're essential to take into account in any fight that's even remotely close to even; defensive terrain can boost a defending army by 15% and attacking over water can weaken an attacking army by 15% or more. That alone is enough to turn the tide against you despite your numerical advantage.

On top of that, were your troops led? If you've got a lot of levies and aren't micromanaging them any more than necessary, it's easy to end up with some fairly large armies with no commander. If one of those armies comes up against an equivalent enemy stack which does have a commander, you're going to be the loser. Commanders can be swapped around at any time outside of combat, I usually put the three people with the highest martial skill on an army before it picks a fight where the outcome isn't guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Things go bad so fast. After just barely securing the throne for my heir, I was poisoned. Within the week virtually all of my supporters died from old age or pox. The change in power and the new heir instantly ramped up a revolting faction into ultimatum status that would take me off the throne. It was only one county so I took it back. This caused me to gain a title which then instantly made everyone hate me for having too many titles and jump ship to another growing faction for Seniority. Everyone's troops died so no one could siege, every vassal was deep in the red and the three remaining warring counties were holed up. In the span of three years my perfect kingdom was completely hosed.

Then Wales declared war.

I love this game.

StashAugustine posted:

The plots are generally announced by the spymaster, and if I ever have excommunicated vassals it will probably be announced, but it's the "dishonorable" stuff that confuses me. It didn't seem to affect me at all but having a -10 makes me think I should have at least known why the modifier was there.

• Locked thread