Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rude. posted:

He reviews books on Amazon now.
edit: we chatted and he's pretty cool
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A33ZP2YSYXC93T/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

it's pretty cool that a guy who spent his career killing people and watching his friends get blown up gets to retire to a life of reviewing books on amazon and hanging out

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bet he's got like 3 dogs.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

Are you guys joking around? He's been registered since like '06, but he only posts in GWS and the AI trains thread

Everyone knows all the HSLD trigger pullers post in FYAD.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

I bet he's got like 3 dogs.

Yeah, he does seem more of a Pet Island type.

It occurs to me how loving weird this thread is, what with the Mike Vining Fanfic chat.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Veins McGee posted:

Grover, post your wife for our approval.

After groverhaus, do you really want to see groverfrau?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Load bearing or dry wall?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Third World Reggin posted:

Load bearing or dry wall?

Load-bearing dry wall. Game. Set. Checkmate. :smugissar:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/nwvTD8gI3WU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kinda wanna see a civil war cosplayer reenactor holding a sign that says 'I didn't join the military to fight for the Northern Aggressors in an American Civil War!'

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I joined the Navy to ride unicorns and make shoes for orphans. What's all this poo poo about dropping bombs on things now?

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

MRC48B posted:

Holy. gently caress. :stare:

That must have sucked, I was looking at the aftermath photos and was totally oblivious to the charred up aircrew still wearing helmets. I suppose Uncle Badass's story would not have been told if the EC-130 had a full load a fuel.

Also, regarding the subject of the hazards of working around aircraft.

:nms::siren: http://i.imgur.com/U45sscC.jpg :siren::nms:

Jus' standing around minding your own business, then boom, shish kabobed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:aaa: Well at least the guy went quick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dilettante. posted:

That must have sucked, I was looking at the aftermath photos and was totally oblivious to the charred up aircrew still wearing helmets. I suppose Uncle Badass's story would not have been told if the EC-130 had a full load a fuel.

Also, regarding the subject of the hazards of working around aircraft.

:nms::siren: http://i.imgur.com/U45sscC.jpg :siren::nms:

Jus' standing around minding your own business, then boom, shish kabobed.

:stare:

There has to be a story to go with this, you can't just post a picture of a severed head and not post the story.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There has to be a story to go with this, you can't just post a picture of a severed head and not post the story.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/navy-identifies-sailor-hit-plane-killed-eisenhower

Took 16 minutes to pronounce him dead whereas it took a jet about a quarter-second to delete his face.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I can't even tell that's a head. I suppose though he was standing where you weren't supposed to when that jet came in to land/takeoff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's a video. I'm not watching it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/navy-identifies-sailor-hit-plane-killed-eisenhower

Took 16 minutes to pronounce him dead whereas it took a jet about a quarter-second to delete his face.

At least it was quick.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

"Guys, seriously, you should stay home and defend your homeland. You shouldn't come over here and shoot us. That would suck! Tell your bosses you don't want to shoot us. We can be friends! Here's a picture of us!"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Didn't mention Syrian commitment to Desert Storm, 4/10. Try harder GBS :v:.

Didn't know this was a thing:

Gulf War Topps.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 3, 2013

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I was gonna try to come up with something witty about joining to fight other country's civil war but I'm not clever.

You could just draw dicks all over it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Google that guy's name then click the first link :unsmigghh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Found some redditor saying he was there:

quote:

It was a long day on the flight deck, we were in a general quarters (in movies basically "MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS") drill. We were launching F-18s off the waist catapults, contrary to popular portrayal, you can only launch one at a time, however both can be on the cat, ready to fire. The aircraft was about to launch, and everyone around it was crouched, this crew member stood too early, twisted, and the missle stanchion on the wing hit his helmet. He spun, fell, and that was the end. He was a great man, had over 10 years, and left a family behind. This was a training exercise in the Atlantic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/zirzc/i_caught_aircraft_on_a_carrier_i_also_once_saw_a/

Glad to know my decision not to join the Navy based on "dudes be gettin' cut in half by wires and poo poo" wasn't completely off base. Sounds like they were trying to keep to a schedule that unwisely put people in a spot where they were staying too close in order to prep the next plane as fast as possible.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
Not sure if this is 100% GiP but I'm postin' Vladamir Putin being 100% loving awesome anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEBEq7mg4Ms

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

...did he draw what I think he did?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Carteret posted:

...did he draw what I think he did?

That's a cat's rear end.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The comments are no help, it's all overt racism and unironic calls for ethnic cleansing, if Google Translate is to be believed.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

piter.tv posted:

One high school student explained to the president on how to use the board, and Vladimir Putin, who listened carefully to the schoolgirl, right finger has created a very strange pattern.

Neither the adults were not able to solve the drawing-charade, so Vladimir Putin said: "This is a cat, rear view."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
should be "Did not join Odin's Legions to fight for the Frost Giants during Ragnarok" 2/10 would not repost.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know it's :regd08: at this point but just saw this one

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
"ideaology"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'd like to think that was intentional. Most people clamoring for an ideology in this country don't really understand anything about it besides what their media outlet of choice tells them...so it's more like their ideaology.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Well the Castros are getting pretty old, maybe if you guys are lucky the country will fall apart after they croak and the Marines can have a big ol' phallic tropical siesta.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Some old issues of Soldier of Fortune. Maybe if there is enough interest they'll be scanned into a PDF?

• Locked thread