Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Laphroaig posted:

Seriously how can this not be a joke.-

Someone who isn't editing their thesis needs to rotate that fist, add a second one flipped horizontally, add a wedding ring, and take this to its inevitable conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

likecnsnnts posted:

Someone who isn't editing their thesis needs to rotate that fist, add a second one flipped horizontally, add a wedding ring, and take this to its inevitable conclusion.

GoatsArse. It's expanding!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

likecnsnnts posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

This is brilliance

vArse: it's like being a hotdog flying down a digital hallway

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

I and my thesis thank you.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Now it should go on the lower back of the shirt with the words above the gape

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Now it should go on the lower back of the shirt with the words above the gape

I'd say one hand on each shoulder, myself. My neck holes always get stretched out for some reason.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

I love the terrible buster sword model that represents his entire weapon showcase.

God drat some people are super ignorant about what people are willing to pay for, even more ignorant thinking that it'd be so successful he laid down outrageous goals for his income. I've seen ones that are at least semi-reasonable, but expecting 30,000 - let alone 10,000 is just hilarious for something that looks this chintzy.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot
Free Halloween Video Games for Kids and Family

I don't even know what to make of the art for this game. :staredog:

MyronGognitti has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Sep 1, 2013

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low

Fatkraken posted:

Secret Maryo Chronicles?

What's the game they show the console projecting on the wall (car/door) at 0:50? I'm assuming it's some existing console game from a completely different developer?

EDIT:

Awful Kickstarters: I Have Develop A Algorithm that create games!!!

It's Trine 2 and I guarantee it has nothing to do with this console.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

MyronGognitti posted:

"Halloween Shooter" sure is a great name for a game that looks like a bunch of 90's clipart thrown into Flash.

Also, Disney will probably sue over the use of the name Haunted Mansion.

OTON is hilarious because the one game sample they're using to show off its supposed autonomous game creation (Secret Maryo Chronicles) is a game that's been on Linux for a while and they're claiming it can "autonomously create games" even though it's just creating levels for a game that already exists and has existed since 2003 (if Wikipedia's anything to go by). Plus, their "CEO" had a press conference video (you can see it in the IGG pitch video, the part where he's at a podium in front of a sign that says "US Space and Rocket Center") that looked like he was addressing no one at all. Unfortunately it got made private, probably because people realized it was faked.

Zeether has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 1, 2013

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
In "good kickstarters" news - Mighty No 9 (a spiritual Megaman reboot by the series creator and his indie company) which went up several hours ago has just hit 460k. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

I threw in 60 bucks myself. When I saw the project up there it was at 300k. It's been about 4 hours later and-HOLY MOLY.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I just checked the past 10 pages so forgive me if I somehow missed this being posted: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ring-clock-a-ring-that-gives-you-time-on-your-hands

$185 gets you something you can get for $10 at any claire's in the USA. Somehow, $116k worth of people don't realize that.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just checked the past 10 pages so forgive me if I somehow missed this being posted: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ring-clock-a-ring-that-gives-you-time-on-your-hands

$185 gets you something you can get for $10 at any claire's in the USA. Somehow, $116k worth of people don't realize that.

It looks kinda funky

however, I'm trying to decode their FAQ:

quote:

1, Battery Life / What happens to the ring once the battery has reached the end of its lifetime (expected to be 3 years)?

We will integrate a non-standard size ultrathin rechargeable lithium polymer battery into the Ring Clock. The electronics will be within resin for water resistance. Ring Clock is an electronic gadget with a lot of electronic parts, so the life expectancy is based on our expectations similar to other electronic devices such as a mobile phone. The procurement of components will be an important aspect of life expectancy, but we can not promise more than the parts manufacturers. We hope in the next 3 years there will be a Ring Clock 2.0 with rotational kinetic power supply and therefore a longer life expectancy. We understand your request and we will investigate the replaceable battery, but we cannot make any promises at this stage.

read: After three years, throw it in the bin and buy version two. Planned obsolesence as a selling point, great "green" credentials there guys! For that price, you could pick up a perfectly nice mechanical watch that you just wind occasionally and that never runs out. Even a regular watch has a replaceable battery which doesn't even need a bulky charger to keep going.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MyronGognitti posted:

Here is what always amazes me about godawful Flash games like this. They make their assets in MS Paint, move them over to Flash, and then proceed to publish with the worst possible JPEG compression. That's ignoring that they could have done whatever they did in MS Paint in the Flash IDE itself and then not have compression at all.

I have a certain degree of sympathy for awful looking 3D games with terrible animations, because I know there's at least a bit of a challenge there. But, this? There's nothing. It's babby's first Flash game, and they want people to pay $1500 for it?

Very, very rarely do I ever want to do the "Contribute a dollar, then tell the creator how terrible their project is" thing, but this time, the only thing stopping me is that inevitably this guy's grandma is going to come in and pay out whatever's left, and then I'll have given a dollar to this.

Fatkraken posted:

read: After three years, throw it in the bin and buy version two. Planned obsolesence as a selling point, great "green" credentials there guys! For that price, you could pick up a perfectly nice mechanical watch that you just wind occasionally and that never runs out. Even a regular watch has a replaceable battery which doesn't even need a bulky charger to keep going.

At minimum, you do what the Tile guys do and say, "Oh, send yours in, pay a small replacement fee, and get it back," which is actually a fairly ingenious method of ensuring cash flow even after people have picked up all the Tiles they need. Instead, the plan here is literally, "Well, better hope we haven't hosed it up by then." I especially love their lip-service at the end to the replaceable battery, which everyone knows there is basically zero chance of occurring.

Blue Moonlight has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Sep 1, 2013

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That's not something I'd wear but I think it looks pretty neat. Google reveals a lot of small watches set into rings but nothing quite like that, if someone's producing those for 10 bucks a pop I'm impressed.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Blue Moonlight posted:

Here is what always amazes me about godawful Flash games like this. They make their assets in MS Paint, move them over to Flash, and then proceed to publish with the worst possible JPEG compression. That's ignoring that they could have done whatever they did in MS Paint in the Flash IDE itself and then not have compression at all.

No no no, real professionals get their art assets from Google Image Search, then put them in Paint, and then import them into flash! :pseudo:

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Fortune Genie posted:

About an eighth grade reading level.

Head Start has really screwed things up if parsing a yes or no answer is considered an eighth grade reading level.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
These aren't from KS, but youtube is filled with hilarious pitch videos.

These guys are going to "revolutionize reading". From what I can tell their "platform" lets you write CYOA stories ... but for smartphones. I'll let the CFO and CTO explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZS927ZBOnY

Sex and the Single Vegan - Original Pitch Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSp0fe31CfA

"dance pre-med" major:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnXrHSgqAbA

This is too easy.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

That's not something I'd wear but I think it looks pretty neat. Google reveals a lot of small watches set into rings but nothing quite like that, if someone's producing those for 10 bucks a pop I'm impressed.

If they sell something like that at Claire's, I'll buy it there. That's pretty cool for :10bux:, but not $185...

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My favorite part is 6 people have spent money on the second batch rings when there is no reason to do so (arrives later, costs more).

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Moonlight posted:

Don't forget that Braid (the best-selling Game That Matters) originally looked like this:

Not every indie game designer has a war chest to hire an artist to dress up their game before they get funds.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Don't forget that Braid (the best-selling Game That Matters) originally looked like this:

Not every indie game designer has a war chest to hire an artist to dress up their game before they get funds.
His point isn't that the art is bad, but that they seem to intentionally make it worse than it has to be. Instead of drawing in MSPaint and importing to Flash, they could just draw it directly in Flash, or make the tiny effort to stop Flash from applying terrible JPEG compression all over it (if it's not already JPG'd in MSPaint).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SupSuper posted:

His point isn't that the art is bad, but that they seem to intentionally make it worse than it has to be. Instead of drawing in MSPaint and importing to Flash, they could just draw it directly in Flash, or make the tiny effort to stop Flash from applying terrible JPEG compression all over it (if it's not already JPG'd in MSPaint).

Examples of what happens when you don't:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Remember Hardware, the spiritual successor to Homeworld? Well, after running a successful crowdfunding campaign they turned around and went to Gearbox for even more funding in exchange for making concessions in game design elements to Gearbox :ughh:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Remember Hardware, the spiritual successor to Homeworld? Well, after running a successful crowdfunding campaign they turned around and went to Gearbox for even more funding in exchange for making concessions in game design elements to Gearbox :ughh:

I don't see anything in that article about "concessions" at all.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Also they didn't do a crowdfunding campaign, you're probably confusing them with these guys: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/teampix/homeworld-touch-ios-android-and-homeworld-3-pc-mac (which predictably went nowhere since Gearbox bought the IP).

SupSuper has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Sep 2, 2013

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

DStecks posted:

I don't see anything in that article about "concessions" at all.

Yea, all I got from that was Gearbox is going to help them produce the game.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I seem to recall Braid being self funded.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
For only 10 dollars you can fund The Perverted Alien!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2126503499/the-perverted-alien?ref=live

"The only challenge I may face is a particular actor not putting in dedication to this project."

So many divas in the 100 dollar movie industry.

The teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nep7KFu_0A

ThaShaneTrain has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Sep 2, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wjg/pong-tactics

When nerds can't leave Beer Pong well enough alone.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Toffile posted:

Wait, wait, wait, they want 12 grand to develop beer pong variants?

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Toffile posted:

It's all good, UndeadViking gave it a thumbs up, and he's like the Roger Ebert of traditional gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhkWfsneps

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
The thug kept pointing his gun at me. 'Are you deaf or something? I said, give me your wallet'. Little did he know he picked the wrong guy to mess with. I slowly slipped my hand in my jacket and reached for my hanzo steel katana wallet self defense comb. With a blow that could shatter a brick I landed a hit on the robber's face. There was a sickening crack, and blood started to pour from the criminal's face. Confused and angry he ran away from me and my girlfriend. 'Crime never pays' I whispered to myself.

I also tore every single tendon in my right hand because the wallet self defense comb also doubles as a saw.

What's wrong with this IGG that sells meme figurines, besides the fact that they sell meme figurines? Well...

IndieGoGo posted:

The users, beside to get an awesome reward for your support, will experiment how the meme culture and user reactions traspases the virtual space and the virilization of information complete the circle going back to the internet. Just think, toys are the representation of internet characters. Then you will take a picture of your toys and share in internet again, creating new content from the real world, its very interesting landmark in culture communication.

If you buy these figures, you're going to create a positive feedback loop according to the project creators. Eventually the entire universe will be filled up with memes, and we all die. Do the universe a favor, spend those 15 bucks on something else.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Zybourne Clock posted:

What's wrong with this IGG that sells meme figurines, besides the fact that they sell meme figurines? Well...

If you buy these figures, you're going to create a positive feedback loop according to the project creators. Eventually the entire universe will be filled up with memes, and we all die. Do the universe a favor, spend those 15 bucks on something else.

At least we know how the already spendt their $4k

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Doesn't the guy who originally drew the troll face vigorously defend it when people try to make money from it?

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Fatkraken posted:

Doesn't the guy who originally drew the troll face vigorously defend it when people try to make money from it?

As do the original creators of various other memes. Have fun in court, guys!

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Hmm pledge $1700 and you get to share their two kids with six other high rollers.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

calusari posted:

Hmm pledge $1700 and you get to share their two kids with six other high rollers.

You forgot you also get to buy a ticket to babysit their kids for a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oddly enough it's a fixed funding campaign