Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli quoting some dumb racist guy posted:

We need to rethink the general stereotype that whites have superior intellects. Our race has largely abandoned critical thinking over the last fifty years, and embraced the transparent propaganda they've been exposed to, as no other race of people ever has. What other race has ever put the interests of another race above their own, on a consistent basis? Whites have been committing a slow collective suicide, have become soft and laughable, and it's hard to argue any more that we deserve to survive.

Erm... yes. Lets do that. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pride of Detroit:

quote:

Payton [Manning] is good, maybe pushing great, but he is NOT an all time great like Brady. Not even close.

Someone takes issue.

quote:

I disagree will all my football passion. He is good, maybe great. He is absolutely not an all time great. Just like marino is not an all time great.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Where's the guy who said quote number 2 located?

http://benjaminthomasjones.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/lgpp31059+vincent-vega-and-jules-winnfield-pulp-fiction-poster5.jpg

Ehud and I have something to do

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's the same guy in each. I could put a megapost together of this guy, if I hated myself and wanted to die.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
change forum name to I disagree with all my football passion

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How does Caste Football justify their conspiracy with the fact that the top 5 highest paid players are all white?

Wait, you know what, don't tell me.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Rap posted:

change forum name to I disagree with all my football passion

snooman
Aug 15, 2013

Krejaton1 posted:

An angry black man trying to sell yet another conspiracy theory...and this is news?

Casual racism courtesy of the comments following SI.com's coverage of Ray Lewis' non-accusatory accusation that the power outage in the SB was deliberately staged to stop Ravens momentum and allow a 49ers comeback.

I don't make a habit of reading SI.com article comments but wanted to see if anyone could top Ray Ray--it didn't even take a page.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

pats fan posted:

lmao....even if brady goes down or gets old....mallet will come right in and carry the pats another 10 years ....no body dominated the league like the pats for the past decade

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
At some point we can probably move on from pointing out that Caste Football is awful because seriously.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yeah man! Nobody! Certainly not another team that, ya know, has defeated the Patriots in two superbowls in the past 10 years

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah man! Nobody! Certainly not another team that, ya know, has defeated the Patriots in two superbowls in the past 10 years

No, that was a decade of spectacular failure, remember

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MourningView posted:

At some point we can probably move on from pointing out that Caste Football is awful because seriously.

I know objectively that you're right, but I feel subjectively that reading caste football posts is a magical mixture of laughably stupid and frighteningly stupid and I like it somehow

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rap posted:

I know objectively that you're right, but I feel subjectively that reading caste football posts is a magical mixture of laughably stupid and frighteningly stupid and I like it somehow

Agreed. If it wasn't for Caste Football, I would not have known that people are using the term "in Don King's America" in a sincere matter in 2013.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

So Brian Cushing was re-signed for a 6 year deal, and part of what made it happen was some fine front office work by Rick Smith thanks in part to Andre Johnson being such a cool dude. Let's see what the fans think...

...what posted:

AJ restructured his contract because he obviously feels we aint doing much this year with Shaub under center, just wait till next year or two when Kennum is the starter.

I tell you what man once Cash Kennum is starting instead of Mitch Shaub we'll win the Supper Bowl and bring the Limburger Trophy home to Hughston! Go Sextants!

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Rap posted:

Caste football is pretty much the Fugu sushi of internet message boards.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Arschlochkind posted:

So Brian Cushing was re-signed for a 6 year deal, and part of what made it happen was some fine front office work by Rick Smith thanks in part to Andre Johnson being such a cool dude. Let's see what the fans think...

I tell you what man once Cash Kennum is starting instead of Mitch Shaub we'll win the Supper Bowl and bring the Limburger Trophy home to Hughston! Go Sextants!

Some recent transplant called into a local radio show and kept referring to Schaub as "Schwab" and the local guys (Lance and Adam) ran with it and kept repeating it back to him so much but he never picked up on it. It's sad how people can't spell "Schaub" or pronounce it. It's really not difficult.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Arschlochkind posted:

I would root really hard for a team called the Sextants.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What I don't get about Caste Football is how there are so many posters. It is almost like performance art. I could understand if two or three people ran a blog on the subject, but to have Bobby in Detroit log on to give his opinion boggles my mind. How are there so many posters? How did they find the site?

I can't wait until 4 years from now it is revealed the entire place is just 4 guys playing a joke on the world.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Are there? I mean I don't go there very often but when I do get directed there it seems like about 10 super racist dummies talking in their dumb super racist echo chamber of dumb racism. I feel like at this point TFF has to account for like 80% of their hits.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills fans seem pretty upset with Byrd for having the audacity to request a trade.

quote:

Keep Byrd on a short leash. Bench him. Make him inactive. Every time he complains, remind him how much he’s being paid and how much he could have been paid and how useless he looks to other teams.
Don’t trade him. He doesn’t deserve it.
Let him wallow on the bench all season, and then ask him if he wants to “test the market,” now that he’s played only 10% as many snaps as he did in previous years and is well-known for being a team cancer. Offer him the same contract as last year. And when he says no, tag him again. Make him suffer. Him and Eugene Parker want to challenge Buffalo’s front office? Take him down. It’ll be the cost of one excellent player, but it sets a message for years to come that you can’t f*** with the Doug Whaley regime.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MourningView posted:

Are there? I mean I don't go there very often but when I do get directed there it seems like about 10 super racist dummies talking in their dumb super racist echo chamber of dumb racism. I feel like at this point TFF has to account for like 80% of their hits.

Seriously. Caste Football will never be redeemable and at this point we can basically predict how they will react to things, why are we even giving it traffic?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A former co worker is a huge Notre Dame fan despite growing up in Michigan, and never having any relative or significant acquaintance go there until he was 19 and a met a girl from there.

quote:

It's the most popular slogan known in Notre Dame football .... Play Like a Champion Today. A phrase painted on a sign by Laurie Wegner in 1986 after it was requested by head coach Lou Holtz. Since then the sign has been a motto of motivation and has grown in popularity year after year. At the end of the National Championship at the beginning of this year the slogan was used to mock the Irish with the help of photo shop with photos of the sign reading "Play Like Alabama Today". Though it was meant to mock Notre Dame Brian Kelly admitted at the end of the game on that January night that "Today we saw we saw a championship team. From here on out that is the new standard we must set ourselves to moving forward".
Play Like a Champion Today. Those words must become reality tonight. Today Notre Dame faces against Michigan in Ann Arbor. This is a game that can not be taken lightly. Michigan is said to be the real deal this year and Notre Dame is returning from their 12-1 season. Michigan has not lost a game in the Big House since Brady Hoke has taken on the head coaching position for Michigan.
There is only one way Notre Dame can leave Ann Arbor tonight with a win and they must Play Like a Champion Today. Defense must sharpen up. Temple drove passes down the middle of the field last week taking full advantage of the absence of Manti Te'o. When all receivers were covered, Temple's QB ran the ball and would gain 10+ yards every time. That needs to be fixed tonight because if it isn't Devin Gardner will play that all night. Notre Dame can not afford the penalties tonight that they made against Temple. The defense must play as stout as they did last year. Louis Nix, Stephen Tuitt, and Sheldon Day must keep pressure on Gardner all night and the secondary must keep every receiver covered while paying attention to where the ball is. We can not afford the Gary Gray mistake of 2011.
As a Notre Dame fan I must say our largest goal as the Irish is to play Alabama again for an opportunity to earn redemption for the last national championship game. But tonight as you face Michigan, you must look at them as Alabama. Play them as if you were playing in the rematch of Alabama. If you play at the top of the game and play true Notre Dame football .... then you will find Alabama again. Tonight turn words into actions of the phrase Lou Holtz brought to Notre Dame in 1986. Play Like a Champion Today. Go Irish.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Burger Trench posted:

Bills fans seem pretty upset with Byrd for having the audacity to request a trade.

lmao at the idea of a rookie head coach voluntarily benching his team's best player (while still having to pay him the franchise figure) and that it would affect demand for him in free agency in any way even if he did

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

While most fanbases are rooting for a Super Bowl title, or at least a playoff appearance, behold a Bills fan getting excited to win 6 or 7 games. Reading any kind of Bills message board is like spelunking into the depths of a badly damaged psyche. Being excited for 6 wins...there really is no bar in Buffalo.

In a post entitled "Bills Fans Are Weak."

quote:

Look at you guys down for the 3 count, this team finally has a QB that is going to lead us to something more then 6 wins. All you guys do is complain like women waaa waaa waaa we didn't win waaa waaa waaa god go see some therapy if you can't handle one loss

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Calm posted:

While most fanbases are rooting for a Super Bowl title, or at least a playoff appearance, behold a Bills fan getting excited to win 6 or 7 games. Reading any kind of Bills message board is like spelunking into the depths of a badly damaged psyche. Being excited for 6 wins...there really is no bar in Buffalo.

In a post entitled "Bills Fans Are Weak."

That actually seems like a really good post

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know I'd be pretty happy with the Jets if they went 7-9 this season. Just don't hold your team to unreasonable expectations or you won't be able to enjoy watching the game. Bills fans would be outright suicidal if they expected their team to go to the superbowl every season.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
edit: wrong thread

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Posts during MNF:

mad about Schaub posted:

god drat this fraud qb. literally need 16 points from him to win.

rivals.com refugee posted:

I've been saying Matt Scrub is a bench warmer since he was warming the bench in Atlanta I don't know how he's lasted this long

lol posted:

What do the Texans see in Matt Scrub? Dude is beyond awful.

No posts after the start of the 4th quarter.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't understand disliking a player to the point that you can't enjoy when they win. Even with like....Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn, whoever sucked more. If they won a game I'd still be happy about the win

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rap posted:

I don't understand disliking a player to the point that you can't enjoy when they win. Even with like....Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn, whoever sucked more. If they won a game I'd still be happy about the win

I hate almost everyone on the Bucs more and more every year but I love it when they win in spite of that.. Not sure if that's the same concept or not.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Rap posted:

I kind of get it because I'm living in real fear that Texas will win just enough games this year for Mack Brown to save his job. I could see the same thing with a quarterback - a small success could come at the expense of bigger long term success if it keeps a bad player hanging around and holding the team back instead of being replaced.

Chandragupta
Sep 2, 2009
Caste football is hilarious, but at the same time I don't really get it. Racists love to talk about how affirmative action is the only reason they didn't get into the college they wanted to. So are these guys saying that teams should actively promote white players even if they are worse than their black teammates of the same position? Or, do they actually think Toby Gerhart is a better player than Adrian Peterson?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

Well let's tak it to the extreme and pretend Rae Carruth was somehow starting for your team. Would you really be that happy if he caught the game winning touchdown and made the Browns relevant? Personally, it would certainly kill a lot of my joy,

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chandragupta posted:

Caste football is hilarious, but at the same time I don't really get it. Racists love to talk about how affirmative action is the only reason they didn't get into the college they wanted to. So are these guys saying that teams should actively promote white players even if they are worse than their black teammates of the same position? Or, do they actually think Toby Gerhart is a better player than Adrian Peterson?

I think they believe that there are white players who aren't getting a fair shot. Like white kid that could have been a running back got converted to linebacker during the high school-college transition. I don't agree with them at all, but it is a bit of a headscratcher that there aren't any white corners. I mean...it just seems unlikely.

Real answer is all those kids ended up playing hockey.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sash! posted:

I think they believe that there are white players who aren't getting a fair shot. Like white kid that could have been a running back got converted to linebacker during the high school-college transition. I don't agree with them at all, but it is a bit of a headscratcher that there aren't any white corners. I mean...it just seems unlikely.

Real answer is all those kids ended up playing hockey.

Maybe corner just isn't perceived as a glamorous position in white culture or something, I dunno

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Well let's tak it to the extreme and pretend Rae Carruth was somehow starting for your team. Would you really be that happy if he caught the game winning touchdown and made the Browns relevant? Personally, it would certainly kill a lot of my joy,

When Vick started negotiating with teams after jail, one of the teams was the Niners. I think I would have had a hard time rooting or them if he had signed, and wasn't thrilled that they were interested in the first place.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

I was responding to the Matt Schaub posts, but in the case of a criminal, if he'd served fair time for his crimes I'd be OK with it. I wanted the Browns to sign Vick because he'd have been better than anybody who has taken a snap for us since he got out of jail. At some point criminals are allowed back into society.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rap posted:

I was responding to the Matt Schaub posts, but in the case of a criminal, if he'd served fair time for his crimes I'd be OK with it. I wanted the Browns to sign Vick because he'd have been better than anybody who has taken a snap for us since he got out of jail. At some point criminals are allowed back into society.

I understand that line of thinking. But the Vick thing was deeply unsettling and I have always had trouble separating public figures behaviour from whatever it is that made them famous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

Well I specifically chose Carruth because t me his crime seems quite unforgivable. Quite different from the Vick and Stallworth incidents.

• Locked thread