Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm curious as to the Japanese title. I see the possessive character in there so it's "of" something, but- literally all I know of Japanese I know from Godzilla posters.

Going through Google Translate and separating out the characters, it literally translates as "Planet of Sand", which I think is a carryover from the book. I believe there's a more recent push to use a katakana title for foreign titles, because the Wikipedia article actually gives me "De-yu--n".

It reminds me of the localized title for Apocalypse Now used to be "Revelation of Hell" (or "Hell's Apocalypse Record").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm curious as to the Japanese title. I see the possessive character in there so it's "of" something, but- literally all I know of Japanese I know from Godzilla posters.

デューン/砂の惑星 translates to Dune: Planet of Sand, I think.

Edit: gently caress, I was too slow!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

It reminds me of the localized title for Apocalypse Now used to be "Revelation of Hell" (or "Hell's Apocalypse Record").

Awesome titles.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Keanu Reeves is :nyan: in 47 Ronin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't care what y'all say about that movie, Keanu is a cool guy and movie's got Rinko Kikuchi in it, so I'm gonna go watch it. :colbert:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

"Planet of Sand"

edit: Oh God I didn't see there was another page.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't care what y'all say about that movie, Keanu is a cool guy and movie's got Rinko Kikuchi in it, so I'm gonna go watch it. :colbert:

:hf:

I can't wait, it looks like a fun movie.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah 47 Ronin looks fun. I'm one of the folks who really like Keanu, and I'll watch just about anything if Hiroyki Sanada is in it (Sunshine, The Last Samurai, Twilight Samurai, Speed Racer) and hell, 47 Ronin has loving Shang Tsung too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Twilight Samurai is SOOO good. gently caress that movie moved me and that rarely happens.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

24: The following takes place between now and whenever you finish reading this.

It is the Nineties. Film promotion has been perfected. Just take a word and paste 'Cyber' in front of it. Done.

Cyber C.H.I.C. aka Robo C.H.I.C. aka Thunder Tronic

Cyber Bandits!
Look out, they'll steal all our cybers!

Cyber City
and after 'the Matrix' there was quick, cash-in remarketing

Cybernator
... but by 2013 everything will be back to normal and CYBORG assassin squads will just be a fading memory of better times.

Cyber Ninja
He's a cyber and a ninja? Best of both worlds? More like the best of ALL worlds.

Cyber Seeker
Like most people I stopped using cyber seeker once Google hit

Cyber Stalker
He's after your cyber-corn

Cyberzone
Wherein the Beastmaster holds a battery powered water-gun and wears a suit from 'the Last Starfighter'

Cyber Vengeance
Where rockin' abs can bend space-time

Cyber Tracker
Don Wilson's best movie since Batman Forever

Cyber Tracker 2
The boring version

Cyber Tracker 2
The Kickin' Rad edition

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ShufflerZero posted:

Cybernator
... but by 2013 everything will be back to normal and CYBORG assassin squads will just be a fading memory of better times.

Looks like Baron Unterbeit back there had a brief gay and/or goth phase.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A special guest appearance by William Smith!? This, I gotta see!

Who's William Smith?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vagabundo posted:

Who's William Smith?

Conan's father.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Who's William Smith?

Conan's dad.

e:fb

Seriously, he's a child actor turned bodybuilder turned character-actor. He's been in a bunch of films, such as Conan The Barbarian (see above), Any Which Way But Loose (where he fights Clint in the climax), Red Dawn (where he plays the Spetsnaz commander), the Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor, The Ultimate Warrior (where he fights Yul Brynner), with a career going all the way back to Ghost of Frankenstein in the '40s. He's like one of those quintessential "that guy".

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 1, 2013

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

ShufflerZero posted:

Cyber Bandits!
Look out, they'll steal all our cybers!

I have to admit, "where danger is a virtual reality" is a great pun.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Christ, Ringo can never catch a break.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pascallion posted:

Yeah, well, gently caress Ringo.

Also,

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 3, 2013

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

CHRISTMAS

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

As terrible as this will be I'd still go see it if they replaced "CHRISTMAS" with "ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa" :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Pascallion posted:

If there is one thing this thread has taught us it is that it is not loving hard to get five heads on a poster

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Pascallion posted:

No one has or will ever care about Ringo.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Vincent posted:

Marge Simpson did

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

THE BAR posted:

CHRISTMAS

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Vincent posted:

I think you're confusing Ringo with Paul :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I used to have this poster up on my wall back in my equivalent of high school and we'd stick stuff on it for festive occasions so like a santa hat on Christmas. Good times.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

What a terrible poster. You can't even see his face. Now how do I know who plays the main character of Rocky Balboa? Nice use of colour, idiot, glad to see you're stuck in the 1940s, ignoring the rule of thirds and bathing my eyes in boring-rear end white. Man, Mondo have really gone downhill on this one.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Hbomberguy posted:

What a terrible poster. You can't even see his face. Now how do I know who plays the main character of Rocky Balboa? Nice use of colour, idiot, glad to see you're stuck in the 1940s, ignoring the rule of thirds and bathing my eyes in boring-rear end white. Man, Mondo have really gone downhill on this one.

You're trying way too hard and failing miserably.

Much like Mondo.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I know this is the movie posters thread, but this poster fuckin' owns:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Just look at that cast.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Just look at that cast.

American Horror Story has always had amazing casts. I still need to watch season 2, and I'm really hoping the writing on it was better than season 1. 1 was good, but not as strong as it could have been.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

This should say 'A Rocky Balboa Christmas!'

Show some enthusiasm, poster designers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I felt season two got a bit weaker as it went on, unlike season one which starts off weak and gets stronger.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I felt season two got a bit weaker as it went on, unlike season one which starts off weak and gets stronger.

I thought the first episode of Season 2 was kind of weak, but the second episode picks up pretty quickly. I thought it kept the momentum going all the way up to the last episode or two. The "epilogue" in the present day was pretty weak, other than that I liked it a lot more than Season 1 overall.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I remember hearing about this a few months back since it was filmed at Disneyland without permission.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Red_Museum posted:

I remember hearing about this a few months back since it was filmed at Disneyland without permission.

That tagline is pretty fun, but I dunno about them using the Disney font (especially since that could easily piss off Disney Legal, who have been ignoring the film thus far)

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

GonSmithe posted:

I know this is the movie posters thread, but this poster fuckin' owns:

I'm just disappointed this isn't what I thought it was at first: the guy from American Movie getting his big shot.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

That tagline is pretty fun, but I dunno about them using the Disney font (especially since that could easily piss off Disney Legal, who have been ignoring the film thus far)

They will likely continue to do so, knowing full well any action they take will give the film immeasurably more attention and exposure than any poster or trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Transformers 4 teaser poster which hints at the inclusion of the dinobots.