Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Did anyone else have their Forza 4 Rewards screw up and gift them two GT 500s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Bentai posted:

Did anyone else have their Forza 4 Rewards screw up and gift them two GT 500s?

No, I only got one GT500.

On a similar note, does anyone else notice that the Forza Rewards site runs like crap on Chrome browser? On most pages I just get the orange loading circle spinning indefinitely.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WienerDog posted:

On a similar note, does anyone else notice that the Forza Rewards site runs like crap on Chrome browser? On most pages I just get the orange loading circle spinning indefinitely.
That has happened to me in Firefox as well as Chrome. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just sits there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Loads without any CSS in chrome for me. I had to go to it in IE to get the page to load right.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A video I made 3 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbpcgRg-Ulg

Pope and Cubey on thursday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR01udM0Mdk

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
people will buy anything off the auction house regardless of price, huh? I've been making decent money by throwing some ( free ) upgrades and a racing stripe on a car and auctioning it off with a buyout that's 200% of its 'new' value.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

triple clutcher posted:

people will buy anything off the auction house regardless of price, huh? I've been making decent money by throwing some ( free ) upgrades and a racing stripe on a car and auctioning it off with a buyout that's 200% of its 'new' value.
I got into the habit of putting cars I no longer wanted on the Auction House instead of just selling them back to the game. I had an e30 M3 that went for something ridiculous like 250,000Cr and a few other ones that sold for stupid money. As long as you put some rims and some non-stock paint or a vinyl or two on them the likelihood of selling for decent money increases greatly.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

God, I hope the bring back NY in F5. Even if it is just the death chicane course.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

YF19pilot posted:

God, I hope the bring back NY in F5. Even if it is just the death chicane course.
Death Chicane course reminded me of some kind of alternate reality urban Monza.

dear turn 10, monza please

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Falken posted:

Death Chicane course reminded me of some kind of alternate reality urban Monza.

dear turn 10, monza please

Monza was on the list of Laser scanned tracks Forza Central managed to get before it was pulled off the laser scan companies website. So fingers crossed.

I'd be shocked if they didn't get Red Bull Ring at some stage as well since the A1 Ring was in FM1. Probably as DLC, but still, that was fun as gently caress in FM1.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Sex Vicar posted:

Monza was on the list of Laser scanned tracks Forza Central managed to get before it was pulled off the laser scan companies website. So fingers crossed.

I'd be shocked if they didn't get Red Bull Ring at some stage as well since the A1 Ring was in FM1. Probably as DLC, but still, that was fun as gently caress in FM1.
It wasn't the A1 ring, you are probably thinking about the Alpine Ring. It reminded me more of the Grand Valley Speedway from Gran Turismo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6-cfNTZGqY

I would love to see it back, as well as...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uq7b8r27Ig
Rio De Janeiro (which reminds me of Macau street circuit in places)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHITmDSm5g
Tokyo Circuit (HEADLIGHTS THAT WORKED IN 2005)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYkq3m3sUNQ
Classic Fujumi Kaido (note that FM4's Fujumi somehow manages to look inferior to FM1's visually, and is also wider... and 25% shorter. ...Or 75% larger if you count the "new" part of the track that makes it a circuit)

Also Forzas 1 and 2 both had a complex HUD when in bumper cam mode which had both speedo and tach in the center position. Why did they kill this off in FM3? I really liked having it there.

Falken fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 8, 2013

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Alpine Ring has a really similar starting uphill corner to Remus in the A1/RB Ring which is probably why I got confused (And I remember playing A1 a lot in F1 WGP on the N64 so it blurred in my head). But considering the original tracks in FM1 were mish-mashes of some of the best tracks in the world, I'm not surprised :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I've started working on my goal of getting top 1000 times on every track in every class again. I'm partway through E class now, with all of F Class done, with one exception. My current thoughts on this project:

-gently caress the Chevy Spark, this thing is stupid and I can't wait to get to D class and ditch this thing
-The Smart, 510 and C1 are the only ways I stayed sane in F Class
-gently caress Silverstone, it's even more boring to drive in slow cars
-gently caress Positano even harder, none of the fast lines on that track make a goddamn bit of sense to me
-Breaking into the top 300 on any given track is always a nice feeling
-The Vandura being a leaderboard car in F makes me indescribably happy

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
I suspect most people don't want to drop 900k CR on the #23 GT3 Cup for the monthly ALMS Rivals at Sedona dealie, so I put mine in the AUGR garage.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

I've started working on my goal of getting top 1000 times on every track in every class again. I'm partway through E class now, with all of F Class done, with one exception. My current thoughts on this project:
You're putting up some good times. I guess it's just coincidence because I've been working on the E-Class leaderboards for the past couple days. I think once I finish E I'm going to do something like C or B instead of doing D. What do you think?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm probably going to keep moving up a class at a time. Part of why I'm doing this is because I want to get better, and I feel that driving each track in successively slightly faster cars will be a good way to better learn exactly the lines to take. It won't help with my problem of getting nervous and messing up when another car is near me (or just slowing down and letting them past rather than put in the effort of racing them), but, baby steps!

I also switched to racing ghosts instead of doing races vs. the AI, because I am way faster doing that, even if it isn't a particularly fast ghost. Also, I couldn't even get within a second of your F Class Positano time. That track baffles me :saddowns:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

I also switched to racing ghosts instead of doing races vs. the AI, because I am way faster doing that, even if it isn't a particularly fast ghost. Also, I couldn't even get within a second of your F Class Positano time. That track baffles me :saddowns:
I like doing the Hot Lap racing because you can do as many laps as you want and racing ghosts kinda shows you where you can gain time in certain spots.

Positano is baffling, it's by far my least favorite track in the game. Sometimes if I get stuck looking for time, watching a ghost of one of the top leaderboard laps helps a lot.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If you apply to join AUGR post your gamertag here so I know who it is. I've got to kick out people whenever new people apply to join so I wanna make sure it's people from the forums and not randoms.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

SAEG will be racing tonight, and you're welcome to all join in. 9pm British Summer Time - C425 and B500 open spec.

There should be a bunch of slots available. Attendance has been < 10 lately.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I hate to say it, since I've been a fan of Forza since the demo for the first game came out (on a disc!), but I think I may end up going with whichever game will support my Fanatec, which 99% likely means GT6. I also have a tradition of buying the Sony consoles after they come out with a Slim version, so I guess it's about time I bought one of those anyway.

I really like the idea of Forza 5 though. I've never missed a drat Forza game. But buying a new console AND a fancypants wheel that may or may not work with my Racing Coffin? Stupid Games.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

I hate to say it, since I've been a fan of Forza since the demo for the first game came out (on a disc!), but I think I may end up going with whichever game will support my Fanatec, which 99% likely means GT6. I also have a tradition of buying the Sony consoles after they come out with a Slim version, so I guess it's about time I bought one of those anyway.

I really like the idea of Forza 5 though. I've never missed a drat Forza game. But buying a new console AND a fancypants wheel that may or may not work with my Racing Coffin? Stupid Games.
The one which had the Acura NSX on Laguna Seca, right? Loved that demo.

Same boat as you man. Thomas at Fanatec is really pushing for cross compatibility with existing products tho.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Falken posted:

Same boat as you man. Thomas at Fanatec is really pushing for cross compatibility with existing products tho.
While their install base isn't that big compared to the number of people who play Forza, those people are some of the most die hard fans and they would be stupid to make the Bone incompatible. They should also figure people willing to shell out for wheel/pedal kits may also be more likely to spend money on DLC. I had entertained the idea of getting a wheel for FM4 for a while, but at this point I'm glad I held off on that purchase.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
After a 2 and a half hour session with the wheel I really screwed up my neck for a week. That was the third time I messed up my back or neck with the wheel, so that and the news that the wheels are probably not going to work with the One got me to try playing with a controller and I've played that way now for the past couple weeks. It's still fun, and doesn't hurt me so I sold the whole wheel setup on Craigslist for almost what I paid for it a year and a half ago. Overall I'm pretty happy and the money I got for it is paying for the xbone and some games (fm5 of course)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
If anyone fancies joining us in SAEG right now is the time!

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Which club is the most active between AUGR and SAEG? I sent popeonarope an invite request a while ago but so far no response. Gamertag is Motzoo if someone can hook me up.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Motsew posted:

Which club is the most active between AUGR and SAEG? I sent popeonarope an invite request a while ago but so far no response. Gamertag is Motzoo if someone can hook me up.
Pope is not a club leader or co-leader so that's not the best thing to do. If you've put in a join request to AUGR ill auth you later tonight.

Edit: Motsew, you're in. ALSO whenever I let a new person in, I kick someone out to keep the club at 99 members. If the club is at 100 members, it won't let anyone request to join and gives them a club is full message. If I kick you out of the club and you want back in, just reapply and I'll add you. I try to just kick people I haven't seen on in a while but it's hard to keep up with everyone.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 16, 2013

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Pope is not a club leader or co-leader so that's not the best thing to do. If you've put in a join request to AUGR ill auth you later tonight.

Oh I just assumed he was since his name was at the top when requesting guess it's just because he's on my friends list.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Not a new trailer as such. But they put the commercial up for the game. It's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fiJ49-o_8

Now if only they would show Spa and Bathurst already. Or at least some news for TGS. Just say Suzuka's back and show the Nissan Delta Wing if they have it. I just want news. :sigh:

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I played it at the Tokyo Game Show a few times today. It's.... Forza I guess, not much has changed honestly, not like that's really a bad thing. As for graphics, the IQ is better running at 1080p, but there's a lot of dithering going on and the AA is very mild, so it's not the huge, gigantic, revolutionary leap that I was sort of expecting. Frankly the cars and lighting don't really look any better than Foza 4 did. They only had Laguna Seca in the demo, and there's been a lot of upgrades to trackside detail, I'll give them credit for that. I'd like to see Prague or Spa to know what a "built for Xbone" track is like, rather than what I can only assume is an upgraded Forza 4 track.

The real change will be in how the game feels for controller folks. The trigger feedback MS has put in is an absolute game changer for Forza. You can feel precisely when the gas is breaking traction, and exactly when you're pushing the brakes too much, directly through the triggers. It's very easy to find the sweet spot for both acceleration and braking now.

Last note: they've modified the FOVs again. The sense of speed and how wide the track is feels a bit different, the game feels slower, and the tracks seem "compressed" distance wise. The visual distance between turns/etc seems to be closer, at least on Laguna. The corkscrew feels much tighter.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Ok so as most of you know I more or less run the Penny Arcade [PA] Club and for years now (I guess the first was about 6 months after FM3 came out) we've been running our intraclub tournaments, named the tongue-in-cheek Serious Business Cup (SBC). They usually last a month or two and have a general theme. Some have pretty loose regulations and format (for example we just finished a 2 week Hot Hatch mini-series with short races, no qualifying etc.) Some have been a bit more structured, for example the last major one, SBC '13 Season 3 which you can see the details of here.

I've verbally invited the few goons who race with us and they've been participating for a few months now. But I've never directly posted about it here for one reason: I have no loving idea what we'd have done if more than 16 people show up (we usually have 10-14ish most weeks). Having more than 16 was problematic since theres points to be earned and most seasons have had some form of qualifying to set the grid order.

The upcoming season has sort of a mixed format. There will be no qualifying, just a random grid order and two ~25 minute races per race night. We race at 9PM EST on thursdays.

tldr: everyone is welcome to sign up for Serious Business Cup 2013 Season 4: World Saloon Championship.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Sign me up (or if I am supposed to put my name in the spreadsheet, I am retarded and can't see how to edit it).
My XBL tag is Magic Puddle.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Done.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Thanks! I signed up on PA with the same name as here if you want to add a forum name. Racing number 73.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Sign me up. I don't have an account over at PA so leave that blank I guess. GT: whatcubed3 racing # 3

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Gonna try to actually get back into this. If nothing else as a reserve driver. GT = speedt3k - racing number 15

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Can't do 9PM EST as I live in the civilised world. :(

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Falken posted:

Can't do 9PM EST as I live in the civilised world. :(

What, Scotland?!

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

LiquidRain posted:

I played it at the Tokyo Game Show a few times today. It's.... Forza I guess, not much has changed honestly, not like that's really a bad thing. As for graphics, the IQ is better running at 1080p, but there's a lot of dithering going on and the AA is very mild, so it's not the huge, gigantic, revolutionary leap that I was sort of expecting. Frankly the cars and lighting don't really look any better than Foza 4 did. They only had Laguna Seca in the demo, and there's been a lot of upgrades to trackside detail, I'll give them credit for that. I'd like to see Prague or Spa to know what a "built for Xbone" track is like, rather than what I can only assume is an upgraded Forza 4 track.

The real change will be in how the game feels for controller folks. The trigger feedback MS has put in is an absolute game changer for Forza. You can feel precisely when the gas is breaking traction, and exactly when you're pushing the brakes too much, directly through the triggers. It's very easy to find the sweet spot for both acceleration and braking now.

Last note: they've modified the FOVs again. The sense of speed and how wide the track is feels a bit different, the game feels slower, and the tracks seem "compressed" distance wise. The visual distance between turns/etc seems to be closer, at least on Laguna. The corkscrew feels much tighter.

But what about boost gauges?

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I wish that Turn 10 were more transparent about their games and what content they will feature, since I'm really keen to know what tracks will be in the game when it launches. Prague looks like a really fun track, and confirmation that Spa and Mount Panorama will be in the game is also excellent, but will old tracks such as Maple Valley, Bernese Alps and Camino Viejo return?

The Forza forums have a thread detailing what's known about the game so far, with claims that Indianapolis will apparently be returning and Monza will be one of the new tracks in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Maple Valley is a staple of the series, there's no way it doesn't come back. I also can't see them dropping Camino Viejo or Bernese Alps; Camino is generally a very well-liked track, and Alps is good and also brand new.

If I were to hazard a guess as to what tracks would most likely be dropped, I'd say Positano would be at or near the top of the list, and Sedona is also likely to be dropped over most anything else. I can't see any real-world tracks going away, as much as I'd love to see Motegi go the way of Le Mans Bugatti.

Bonus: maybe they drop some tracks only to bring them back as DLC. It wouldn't be the first time.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 24, 2013

• Locked thread