Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

New Satyricon as well - after 5 years they finally put something out. For the most part the album is really good - minus the loving goth metal song out of nowhere with clean vox.

In parts it sounds like Thorns, Thorns plus doom metal. Perhaps next album will be the second Thorns album and we can all rejoice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

henpod posted:

I'm really enjoying the new Turisas album. It's pretty ridiculous, but then again we should have come to expect this. Lots of catchy tunes in there.

Wait, do people listen to metal to find things that are not ridiculous?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I mean it in the best sense of the word. We have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGFlses5n4

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

nomapple posted:

Alright, what God Macabre release should I be checking out?

You need to get "The Winterlong". The very first roar from that record will make you poo poo your pants. I have had it for years and it remains as one for my favorite death metal records ever, and the announcement of them being at MDF has clinched it for me so I will definitely be attending.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The new Satyricon album is cool, I liked it.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Weaponized Cum posted:

The new Satyricon album is cool, I liked it.

I imagine Satyr doing the vocals on Phoenix would be a lot cooler. Alas, I could get used to Nice Cave doing vocals for Satyricon too.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Even though they changed their style, I still like Satyricon and enjoyed the past 3 albums. I'll probably like the new one as well.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Fenris244 posted:

I wish Vader had come to Austin, Extremely Rotten played one of the worsted sets I've ever heard, hell the first local opener looked amazing compared to them

Hah! I know that band, well, the drummer anyway.

They're from FL.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haggins posted:

Even though they changed their style, I still like Satyricon and enjoyed the past 3 albums. I'll probably like the new one as well.

Yeah, I feel they were a big part of ushering in black and roll when everyone was trying to be kvlt as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRK3jjeF2zI

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Edit; gently caress nevermind; should have read the BM thread.

thehouseplant fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 7, 2013

Mannetosen
Aug 22, 2010

What's all this racket up here, Barnett? You watchin' your girl cartoons again?
Seeing Leprous tonight for the first time. Pretty stoked!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just got out of the megadeath/ iron maiden concert. It was pretty nice. Maiden played for over two hours. I managed to get two people deep from the very front. I'll post some pictures later if any of them came out decent. Bruce was running and jumping all over the place.

Also, if your name is Will, live in Kansas City (suberb rather). And you were at the concert , you owe me a beer :argh:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just got out of the megadeath/ iron maiden concert. It was pretty nice. Maiden played for over two hours. I managed to get two people deep from the very front. I'll post some pictures later if any of them came out decent. Bruce was running and jumping all over the place.

So did I. I didn't know it was meant to be like a tribute to a tour they did like 20 years ago until just a little bit ago, so I was going to say I was disappointed there was nothing from this millennium but instead I think that's a neat little throwback.

Megadeth started out with the only song I know by them so I guess I am ok with that performance.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gils posted:

So did I. I didn't know it was meant to be like a tribute to a tour they did like 20 years ago until just a little bit ago, so I was going to say I was disappointed there was nothing from this millennium but instead I think that's a neat little throwback.

Megadeth started out with the only song I know by them so I guess I am ok with that performance.

I didn't even think to ask in here if any one was going. I'da bought you a beer, for sure. Where on the floor or the seats?
Man, I bought my GA tickets the day they opened for sale.

And yeah, while there was only a couple songs maiden played that I keep on my playlist, they sti put on hell of a show.
Number of the beast was so worth it. I've always felt that song was the perfect metal song. Just encapsulates everything metal originally was.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

I didn't even think to ask in here if any one was going. I'da bought you a beer, for sure. Where on the floor or the seats?
Man, I bought my GA tickets the day they opened for sale.

And yeah, while there was only a couple songs maiden played that I keep on my playlist, they sti put on hell of a show.
Number of the beast was so worth it. I've always felt that song was the perfect metal song. Just encapsulates everything metal originally was.

Cheap seats. I've never been to a show that size so I was a little hesitant over dropping like a hundred bucks for the floor and before I knew it everything was sold out but the worst ones. But it was still a pretty good angle where I was.

Fenris244
Oct 22, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'm missing it here in Austin and it sucks, I hate working through shows I want to go to. At least when Death Angel comes to town I'm guaranteed to be there as I'm in the local opener ha!

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Any of you guys who went to Maiden last night see the Christian group protesting the concert outside? They were handing out these fliers of Eddie crying and praying for forgiveness. It was pretty funny.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I saw the Megadeth Maiden tour in Nashville, great poo poo. I was worried Megadeth's set would consist of new poo poo but thank god they only played one new one. The rest of their set was beautiful.

Maiden, awesome as always. Seventh son of a Seventh son was loving awesome. And Nashville had Christian people preaching outside also, just not handing out fliers of Eddie, at least not what I saw.

Also the crowd at Nashville was loving lifeless on the floor. loving dudes and their girlfriends.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Any of you guys who went to Maiden last night see the Christian group protesting the concert outside? They were handing out these fliers of Eddie crying and praying for forgiveness. It was pretty funny.

I kept mine. I'll post a scan of it when I can. It is pretty laffo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Fenris244 posted:

I'm missing it here in Austin and it sucks, I hate working through shows I want to go to. At least when Death Angel comes to town I'm guaranteed to be there as I'm in the local opener ha!

DA rules so much live. The came to Miami earlier this year and played The Ultra-Violence in it's entirety, I almost cried.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
New Revamp is pretty drat good, Floor sings the everliving poo poo out of everything.. in a good non cheesy way.

From what I understand from reading around and looking at the lyrics themselves this album was a bitch to make due to lots of personal issues to.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Anyone go to PowerProg USA this year? I heard Myrath absolutely killed it.

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

Just saw the last Wintersun show in Spartanburg on Friday. That Starkill was the opener attests to how crazy good this lineup was. If Starkill plays in your area, loving go.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If you've never seen Maiden from the floor like 10ft from the stage, you haven't yet lived.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

If you've never seen Maiden from the floor like 10ft from the stage, you haven't yet lived.

You mean like this?

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHEAAAAAAAAAHHHHEEEEEEAAHHHHHH!
HAALLLLLLOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEED BE THY NAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEE!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Great photograph - well worth the time to pull out your camera. Have any more? :bravo:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Vintersorg posted:

Great photograph - well worth the time to pull out your camera. Have any more? :bravo:
What, you think Bruce Dickinson in full Klingon makeup isn't worth a photo?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Hammer Floyd posted:

You mean like this?

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHEAAAAAAAAAHHHHEEEEEEAAHHHHHH!
HAALLLLLLOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEED BE THY NAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEE!

yeah, pretty much like that. but I was even closer :D

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I was just at the St. Louis show last night. Drove down from Chicago with my wife and kids. We saw them on the first leg of this tour a little while ago (has it been a year already?), and while it seems like the setlist was just about the same, it was also just about as awesome. I just wish they would bring back Hallowed Be Thy Name. That's a live staple.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

Oh come the gently caress on! That was Maiden's first tour in Australia since the 80s. I had been waiting since I was 16 for them to come out to Australia and for about 5 or 6 years, they promised they'd make it out to Australia, but never did. The 4 of them line up during my favourite song and nobody is around me. drat straight I'd get a quick photo before jumping back in. It doesn't matter to me that it's with a lovely mobile phone. It's one of those photos that's got a shitload less to do with the image quality and more of a momento of that specific moment.

Gutted to hear they don't do Hallowed anymore.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
For the Boston crew, we've just set up a ridiculous death metal show on Sun Oct 27:

Wormed (Spain)
Condemned (CA)
Infernal Revulsion (Japan)
Cognitive (NJ)
Parasitic Extirpation (MA)

And it's going to be... at the Cambridge Elks. Redonkulous.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna go see The Sword / Clutch in a couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2m1VzTAI8

I don't mind Clutch but I've always been a very passive fan. But The Sword? Super stoked about that.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Shao821 posted:

Just saw the last Wintersun show in Spartanburg on Friday. That Starkill was the opener attests to how crazy good this lineup was. If Starkill plays in your area, loving go.

I was there too, best concert I've been too in a looong time.

(Speaking of Maiden, I was wearing the Iron Maiden Killers shirt by the way, hah.)

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
Maeth are probably my favourite thing I've found on bandcamp, and they have a new album out! It is pretty great and also pretty potentially free. Aw yes.

Fenris244
Oct 22, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

DA rules so much live. The came to Miami earlier this year and played The Ultra-Violence in it's entirety, I almost cried.

I saw them with Testament and Anthrax a couple years ago, they were amazing. Then during Testament's set Chuck Billy brought out a birthday cake cause I guess it someone in Death Angels birthday, that was a really cool show

shock.wav
May 25, 2009
I've been loving everything by Warbringer and Havok

Are there any other newer thrash bands I should know about?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

mfny posted:

New Revamp is pretty drat good, Floor sings the everliving poo poo out of everything.. in a good non cheesy way.

From what I understand from reading around and looking at the lyrics themselves this album was a bitch to make due to lots of personal issues to.

Pretty lukewarm about this news. Got the debut album in a grab bag and Floor's voice was great, always is, but the music and lyrics were... almost nu-metal. Like, really corny and the kind of stuff I'd be all over if I were a high school girl. Did that improve at all?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Purtenance have a new album coming out in October: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fna3MWSsop8

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shock.wav posted:

Vektor are far and away the best modern thrash metal band, though they're a lot proggier and their vocalist takes some getting used to. They're like a more extreme Voivod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

shock.wav posted:

I'd throw Hatchet and Mortillery out there for sure, and Skeletonwitch aren't brand new but an A+ listen nonetheless if you're not familiar with them.