Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Regalingualius posted:

Erm... What is the joke? How KS attracts ridiculous projects?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's it. Uploaded by 'adultswim', btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Oh, I didn't notice until just now. I'd thought he was an e-celeb I've never heard of before. :v:

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Are there any wallets on KS that aren't ridiculous bullshit? Not a theoretical question , need a new one.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
You know that pesky physics thing called 'entropy' that claims all electromechanical devices create thermal energy that cannot be used for useful work, and therefore cannot have an energy efficiency of 100% or greater? As it turns out, that's more of a suggestion than a rule. $7610 is enough to build an 'over-unity' engine that makes more energy than it consumes.

Buy us a 3D printer. No, we don't need it for any special projects or anything. We just want to have a 3D printer so we can start a business of 3D printing things.

Have a bunch of worthless marketing buzzwords that essentially translate to 'we need $125,000 to make an Amazon knock-off, except with fully digital, education-flavoured goods'.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Zybourne Clock posted:

You know that pesky physics thing called 'entropy' that claims all electromechanical devices create thermal energy that cannot be used for useful work, and therefore cannot have an energy efficiency of 100% or greater? As it turns out, that's more of a suggestion than a rule. $7610 is enough to build an 'over-unity' engine that makes more energy than it consumes.

Well now I do believe I've learned what word salad looks like when passed through a copy editor

Going on $3000 in backing :stare:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zybourne Clock posted:

Well hush my mouth, it's flexible funding on Indiegogo. Time to quote Einstein on things that are infinite, I guess.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

quote:

Please note: The video you have just seen is a short compilation of existing inventions to demonstrate that people have already built these types of machines and they do indeed work! Our prototype is not yet built and that is the reason for this campaign. Once we have a working model we have an investor who will fund the mass manufacturing of the Quantum Energy Generator. We are asking for $7610.00 (see budget below) to build the prototype which will take 5 weeks.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
So, this guy stumbled across a few "New free energy generator that the government doesn't want you to see!" videos, and was so inspired, he decided to build one himself.

Neat, maybe I should donate to get one of those sweet Fix the World keychains!

quote:

Naicheval Robitai said 20 hours ago
The Creator brings Heaven to Earth today. My deepest gratitude for all the LIGHT BEINGS that have joined in this effort. Such rich blessings I have to know you and see what we are creating in unity consciousness. Only 5 days left – we can do this!!

:allears:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

EvilMuppet posted:

Are there any wallets on KS that aren't ridiculous bullshit? Not a theoretical question , need a new one.

Not really. They are are "The thinest wallet ever!" or some sort of iPhone bullshit. This one is okay as it is pretty much a normal wallet made from old neckties, but everything else I found is just stupid crap.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Machai posted:

Not really. They are are "The thinest wallet ever!" or some sort of iPhone bullshit. This one is okay as it is pretty much a normal wallet made from old neckties, but everything else I found is just stupid crap.

Those wallets are classy as gently caress :colbert:

I can't believe how much more money they got than they asked for, also.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

EvilMuppet posted:

I really like this one, but it's both really thin and an iPhone accessory. Those aspects are useful to me. I am not Machai.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

EvilMuppet posted:

If you need a new wallet, you should probably just buy one at a store instead of waiting like 5 months minimum for a pre-ordered one to go into production.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But think of all the money you'll save by not being able to carry any cash or credit cards for five months! :v:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bad Munki posted:

But think of all the money you'll save by not being able to carry any cash or credit cards for five months! :v:

…unless you cheat and get clothes with pockets, but that seems unlikely.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pockets? Got a link for the kickstarter?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tippis posted:

…unless you cheat and get clothes with pockets, but that seems unlikely.

Wait, if you dont have pockets, where do you put the wallet? Also gently caress wallets. I only take whatever cards I need that day. Usually it's just my debit card. Tried wallets in past, just lose them and everything inside. I also dont get the appeal of a giantass bulge pushing into your rear end everytime you sit.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The General posted:

Wait, if you dont have pockets, where do you put the wallet? Also gently caress wallets. I only take whatever cards I need that day. Usually it's just my debit card. Tried wallets in past, just lose them and everything inside. I also dont get the appeal of a giantass bulge pushing into your rear end everytime you sit.

I just carry my wallet in my front pocket. :shrug:

Also, where the hell do you keep your driver's license?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

DStecks posted:

I just carry my wallet in my front pocket. :shrug:

Also, where the hell do you keep your driver's license?

I've never even started a car. I think I tried once when I was 10, but pussed out and didnt start it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The General posted:

I've never even started a car.

The General posted:

I also dont get the appeal of a giantass bulge pushing into your rear end everytime you sit.
I'm not sure you're living your life to the fullest.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The General posted:

Well, obviously, if you get one of those fancy wallets you want to show it off, so you carry it in your hand together with your iPhone (with its 18 kickstarted attachments).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The General posted:

I've never even started a car. I think I tried once when I was 10, but pussed out and didnt start it.

Are you trying to tell me you own a car insurance company but have never started a car? Likely story. :colbert:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

The General posted:

You might not be the target audience for wallets.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I glued a sheet of plexiglass to a pair of safety glasses made a VR headset; let this 25 year old video I plucked from YouTube instruct you on the possible uses of VR. A couple of weeks ago there were two projects for similar products, except in both cases their pitch videos were competently produced and the product didn't look like a failed arts and crafts experiment. (Though they still looked incredibly goofy). This guy won't even supply you the lenses needed to get this revolutionary product to work. Also,

quote:

Don't use VR to get high. That will often end up getting you sick.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Orzo posted:

As someone who may hope to use Kickstarter in the future (but doesn't dare to until I'm way, way further in development, because I know that making games is hard), this is upsetting. There are so many games projects that are going to fail, and people are going to get (rightly) bitter because of it. My only hope is that people start demanding gameplay footage or evidence of competence before backing a project.

On a related note, Cryamore, which pulled in over $240k, hasn't had any real updates in a long time except for some truly cringeworthy concept art a month ago.

When your game comes to fruition please include "Orzo mode" where mouse2 is forward/it's as close to your .cfg as possible (assuming it's a non-puzzle game). Alternatively, make it as a stretch goal.

tony police has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Sep 9, 2013

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Machai posted:

These are outright fantastic.

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

Sestero did not write The Disaster Artist, it's not true! It's bullshit! He did not write it!
*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.

Machai posted:

Eh... I bought one from her before she changed the label to Jetsam. She was selling them at craft fairs with the label prix-prix and I thought they looked nice so I grabbed one for like $35 or so. Can't remember exactly.

This is what it looked like a few months later:

http://imgur.com/Emg85Ww

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I don't get this BS about wallets. Nobody besides you gives a poo poo about your wallet. They only see yours for the second between when you take it out of your pants and when you put too little money onto the bar tab and dart your eyes about hoping nobody notices that you're $10 short. Seriously, everyone I know who owns a noticeable wallet has been a cheap loving bastard. Maybe I've been conditioned like one of Pavlov's dogs, but all these Kickstarter wallets might as well be labeled with giant red lettering that say "Massive Douchebag."

There's 198 wallet Kickstarters right now. I don't understand it. Wallet design is not a problem that actually exists. Nobody but the spergiest of autistics is currently having a wallet issue that can only be solved by a completely new style of wallet.

I would have to have my entire life in order, including career, wife, wealth, kids, house, car, hobbies, and every other mundane aspect of my own personal fashion sussed out before I started paying attention to the fashions of poo poo that nobody but me cares about, let alone sees. It would be like getting a tattoo on my ball sack before filling out all the other body parts.

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

horse mans posted:

Using real handcuffs for bondage is a really bad idea because they can cause injuries to the nerves in your wrists and hands. Use padded restraints.

That makes it sound like real handcuffs are a bad idea in general? If I get arrested for stumbling down sixth street drunk and a cop having a bad day decides to arrest me it's cool to cause me nerve damage?

Also I almost call bullshit on this claim. I've been arrested drunk and played the part of belligerent screaming at the cop the whole way to the police station that he's a pussy with a badge and he should give me five minutes of a fair fight but he won't because he knows I'll kick his rear end etc etc and that guy tried to break my wrists when moving me from the squad car to the jail intake. He tightened the cuffs up and was holding the middle part and twisting them hard as poo poo (being drunk as all hell I just screamed "I know you're trying to hurt me but you're just a pussy hahaha loving weak bitch etc etc"). It did hurt the next day and left some serious indention and bruises on my wrists but didn't get any permanent damage. If that didn't leave something permanent I don't see how anything could that dude was straight up trying to hurt me rear end (and I deserved it).

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Noni posted:

I don't get this BS about wallets. Nobody besides you gives a poo poo about your wallet.

This is the absolute truth. If you need a new wallet go to your local flea market and find the guy selling leather wallets and purses. Buy yourself a plain black leather wallet for $10 or $20, put your cards and money in it and that sucker will last for the rest of your life assuming you don't set it on fire or run it through a wood-chipper at some point.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Get money clips you dumbos, they're dope!

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
River City Ransom Underground has to have the worst pitch video I've seen to date. The gameplay footage looks good but everything else about it is awkward and annoying.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Or hell, if you want to support a goon, buy from this thread. He makes some good wallets and is having a sale right now too.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Or a different goon who makes fancy wallets - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549988

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Cerevisiae posted:

River City Ransom Underground has to have the worst pitch video I've seen to date. The gameplay footage looks good but everything else about it is awkward and annoying.

Couldn't make it past him "surprised" by the camera. I really loving hate that. I'll take your word that the rest is terrible.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

The General posted:

Couldn't make it past him "surprised" by the camera. I really loving hate that. I'll take your word that the rest is terrible.
I've posted this before, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQC0Fqpq70

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Well...that joke certainly has been used quite a few times, hasn't it?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Looks like a great fashion accessory to go with a fedora.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Zybourne Clock posted:

quote:

I am not in this for financial gain. Rather, it has become clear to me that this is my purpose on Earth at this time.
Well make the loving plans to build this available! Maybe someone else has the astonishing amount of 7610$ to save the world.

cyberia posted:

This is the absolute truth. If you need a new wallet go to your local flea market and find the guy selling leather wallets and purses. Buy yourself a plain black leather wallet for $10 or $20, put your cards and money in it and that sucker will last for the rest of your life assuming you don't set it on fire or run it through a wood-chipper at some point.
Tried that many times and somehow they don't last longer than a year for me. Got up to the 50$ budget and bought one of these: http://www.braun-bueffel.com/de/kollektion/maenner/business/basic/
"Hart wie Kruppstahl", bought one 7 years ago and it's indestructible. (Sorry for further wallet-derail, but i love that thing)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The General posted:

The whole loving this is just pure sperg. It's a shame because it looks like they have a product at least. Again proof that engineers make poor....well just about everything except engineers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Note to self: include picture of Nikola Tesla in Kickstarter. Make lots of money.