Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That's a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Politicalrancor posted:

Swardson kinda brought back "My Wife" on his album Party.

It's that one, although I've never heard the album. When he was on CBB with Bill Cosby-Bukowski, Scott was telling a story about Kulap and Nick kept correcting his pronunciation.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Man, the worst part about the new episode is that they end Would You Rather way too soon because imagining the "War on Christmas" as a literal war in Antarctica against Santa Clause was seriously un-tapped in that episode. The part where they likened Santa to Colonel Kurtz was amazing, but it always seems like when a new person comes on they don't have any idea how goddamn crazy WYR gets so they make up their minds too early.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Maria Bamford! :neckbeard:

I thought she'd never been on before but apparently she was on an episode very very early into the show's run that Jimmy Pardo hosted that I don't think I ever listened to.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
it's the one with Paul Gilmartin playing his Senator character. Maria is one of his wives.

It's a great bit, I'd definitely fast forward in that episode to it. Ep 5, about 7:55

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Glad it's younger Tom Leykus. The older Tom Leykus he did last time on the show just wasn't as funny sounding, although the impression was still hilarious.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe I'm just biased since Leykis is my favorite character and Bamfords my favorite comedian but this felt like the best episode so far this year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Fantastic ep, all the way down to the plugs song.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I need Adomian to do a video episode as Tom Leykis, I can tell there's a lot of wild gesticulating going on. Laughed incredibly hard "She's licking the back of my knees, because she doesn't deserve the rest yet"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Leykis episode last year was the best one of 2012 and I think today's one is my favourite episode of 2013 so far. I could listen to that character forever. He's done it on The Todd Glass Show too and it's just the best.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I lost my poo poo as soon as he opened his mouth. I loving love Adomian.

*~~Boo da doo doo bow boo doo do do daoww~~*

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I don't think i've ever heard anyone laugh so hard for so long like Maria Bamford. You can clearly see just how much she loves the character.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
CBB should continue pairing Adomian's Leykis with funny women in comedy, it's gold.

Is James Adomian back from the east coast or wherever? Seems like he's been on more Earwolf podcasts recently.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Maria's conversation about comedy/relationships is a bunch of her material verbatim... Yawn.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

moot the hopple posted:

CBB should continue pairing Adomian's Leykis with funny women in comedy, it's gold.
Tig Notaro, Jen Kirkman, James Adomian

BOOK IT SCOTT

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Jen Kirkman, judging by her twitter, wouldn't find the humor. She would just repeat "you sound fun" over and over again every time the Leykis character said something.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'd guess she probably understands the difference between a comedian doing a character on a comedy podcast that she is a guest on and an internet stranger tweeting something lovely at her.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

tnimark posted:

I'd guess she probably understands the difference between a comedian doing a character on a comedy podcast that she is a guest on and an internet stranger tweeting something lovely at her.

You sound fun.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'll settle just for Tig. She hasn't been on the podcast for more than 100 episodes. :(

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

tnimark posted:

You'd guess wrong. She's the female equivalent to Tim Heidecker's "how do I best cut every bit off at the loving knees" persona.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Really? I suppose I've only heard her on the Pod F Tompkast and NNF. She's pretty funny on those shows.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mob posted:

You'd guess wrong. She's the female equivalent to Tim Heidecker's "how do I best cut every bit off at the loving knees" persona.

She's ankled a few CBB bits sure, and I don't think she'd match up well with this specific Adomian character, but she's a professional comedian and she'd roll with the joke.

I thought the same as most of you guys until I heard her on her latest NNF appearance. She gets it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Illinois Smith posted:

I'll settle just for Tig. She hasn't been on the podcast for more than 100 episodes. :(

She was on one of the two Montreal episodes you get upfront when you buy the package for the tour.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
It's weird about Jen Kirkman. She's basically my favorite part about the Pod F. Tompkast; her stories are truly hilarious and told in such a charmingly unselfconscious way, but her stand-up leaves me entirely cold. That said, I don't think she'd TRY to sabotage a bit like Tim "I should never be on the show again" Heidecker.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I was never the biggest Tig fan but then when she no-showed a show a month or so ago I got annoyed.

E: Dueling Tom's was unstoppable.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 12, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tnimark posted:

Really? I suppose I've only heard her on the Pod F Tompkast and NNF. She's pretty funny on those shows.

I concur, and I really miss the Pod F Tompcast. It's not like I am missing PFT since he makes so many appearances on other podcasts, but the Pod F Tompkast was different. Sure, he did his characters, but the highlight for me as just listening to him ramble over the piano in his own voice. It was truly, as billed, a nighttime podcast.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the Leykis episode last year was the best one of 2012 and I think today's one is my favourite episode of 2013 so far. I could listen to that character forever. He's done it on The Todd Glass Show too and it's just the best.
Adomian is incredible, he just kept it going. I've never heard him do Leykis for that long before.

This is most of the Leykis he did on the last Todd Glass show a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoExG1nJ3hM

I was reminded of this because I just saw today he's back on Todd's show, I haven't listened to it yet though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's worth mentioning that Jen Kirkman is also great when shes's on The Crab Feast.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Drunkboxer posted:

It's worth mentioning that Jen Kirkman is also great when shes's on The Crab Feast.

Took me a while to get to an episode of the Crab Feast, but having only listened to episodes with people I liked, they do a pretty good job of getting new and interesting stories and banter out of people I've heard a lot before.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Jen Kirkman's podcast "I Seem Fun" is consistently great.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FitFortDanga posted:

Jen Kirkman's podcast "I Seem Fun" is consistently great.

See seems really bitter and petty to me on her podcast but pretty nice on other things, like a reverse Tim.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do think Tim is deployed a little awkwardly on CBB sometimes though. I really enjoyed him on the JASH SXSW episode because he was being hostile to a crowd of non-comprehending rubes, and on the Paul Rust and Bill Cosby-Bukowski ep because his semi-bored disgust at the other guests (feigned or not) 100% mirrored my own. Other times though he doesn't have anything to react against and his thing kinda kills the vibe we he could be funny if not committed to character consistency.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have conflicting feelings towards Tim. I hate when he's on with other guests. But his opening 1 on 1 segments with Scott are consistently hilarious. His Woody Allen story still cracks me up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

his semi-bored disgust at the other guests (feigned or not) 100% mirrored my own.

Not loving Paul Rust and Jon Daly is a crime. Time to pay.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

"Don, can I ask you a question? Do you manage the Arclight?"

"I'm just the night manager."

Everytime he says that, I can't stop laughing. Such a perfect delivery.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

NienNunb posted:

I have conflicting feelings towards Tim. I hate when he's on with other guests. But his opening 1 on 1 segments with Scott are consistently hilarious. His Woody Allen story still cracks me up.

Pretty much, but I liked it when he was on with Kroll talking about soap.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Harris is tomorrow's WTF guest

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Harris is tomorrow's WTF guest

Confirmed best of 2013 episode

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Andy Samberg is back on CBB!! :woop:

Wait, where's Adam Pally?! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

Confirmed best of 2013 episode

Things I've learned so far:

1. Harris' dad is named Harrison.
2. The 4/20 birthday listed on IMDB is fake.
3. HIS DAD IS NAMED HARRISON