Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
How did I ever play this game without APEX ENB.
It looks incredible!

the panacea fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Are there any hideouts that have weapon walls for the guns in the Armory mod?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

horse mans posted:

Are there any hideouts that have weapon walls for the guns in the Armory mod?

Nope, none that I know of. Like I said, Lombard was gonna be the first but it's probably just too large a task for anyone to really under take.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Naky posted:

2.5 + 2.9 on top is how it works my friend.

Very much appreciated. I'll try it when I get home today.

Thanks again, you've done fantastic work from the few guns I've seen. You're talented as hell.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

tehinternet posted:

Very much appreciated. I'll try it when I get home today.

Thanks again, you've done fantastic work from the few guns I've seen. You're talented as hell.

Thanks, but I don't take any credit for any of the work done on it as will nobody else who's worked on it. The real talent are the artists who made the guns in the first place, we're just the ones who spent more time than we should have converting it and making it work for Fallout New Vegas as best as we felt we could without their permission.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Psion posted:

Wasters Scarf lets you hide your ugly face and ugly neck seam problem because Gamebryo. Or at least half of it. I guess you could use a neck seam hiding necklace but those are boring, scarves are awesome.

Does anybody know if there is a mod that collects these or similar neck seam hiding accessories and puts them on the NPC's? I picked the game up again and the seam is just driving me nuts for some reason.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Naky posted:

Nope, none that I know of. Like I said, Lombard was gonna be the first but it's probably just too large a task for anyone to really under take.

Oh hey, I was a dumbass and didn't realize you were just talking about it.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Naky posted:

Thanks, but I don't take any credit for any of the work done on it as will nobody else who's worked on it. The real talent are the artists who made the guns in the first place, we're just the ones who spent more time than we should have converting it and making it work for Fallout New Vegas as best as we felt we could without their permission.

... and humble too!

Still doing more than I could. It's appreciated.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I want to play again but I just can't find any decent armor anywhere and Nexus is just a nightmare wasteland of ~~~~~comander wizardmoonnightshadowdark new sexy loli pony (lore friendly full immersion) panties~~~~~~~~~

is there any decent armor anywhere? big, heavy, clunky stuff that isn't just a recolor of existing power armor for preference.

Edit: I've tried the stuff in the OP.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 9, 2013

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Naky posted:

2.5 + 2.9 on top is how it works my friend.

Uninstalled both, reinstalled 2.5, then 2.9. Still shows most guns as red exclamation points. Any suggestions for me on where to look first for issues? I want this to work so badly.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 9, 2013

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

tehinternet posted:

Uninstalled both, reinstalled 2.5, then 2.9. Still shows most guns as red exclamation points. Any suggestions for me on where to look first for issues? I want this to work so badly.

Exclamation marks means things are missing their meshes so it's not installed correctly or at all. Are you installing it all manually or are you using the FOMOD installer with 2.5? Also, make sure to only use the esm and esp files that would be included with 2.9's WIP update as most (if not all) of the 2.5 ones will be out of date and useless.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

King Doom posted:

I want to play again but I just can't find any decent armor anywhere and Nexus is just a nightmare wasteland of ~~~~~comander wizardmoonnightshadowdark new sexy loli pony (lore friendly full immersion) panties~~~~~~~~~

is there any decent armor anywhere? big, heavy, clunky stuff that isn't just a recolor of existing power armor for preference.

You tried the Legion Power Armor, NCR Rearmament, A Definitive Armor Mod, Colossus t49x, Kerberos Panzer Police Jin Roh armor, or BabyDoll Costume. :negative: It's like they didn't even watch the movie

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

the panacea posted:

It looks incredible!

This looks fantastic and a reason to replay!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Naky posted:

Exclamation marks means things are missing their meshes so it's not installed correctly or at all. Are you installing it all manually or are you using the FOMOD installer with 2.5? Also, make sure to only use the esm and esp files that would be included with 2.9's WIP update as most (if not all) of the 2.5 ones will be out of date and useless.

Understood. I'll doublecheck it. Thanks!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

King Doom posted:

Haven't tried 'em out, but I've been able to look at the VaultTec Power Armor and Air Force T-57c Power Armor without rage-punching my eyes immediately.

The VT armor is actually quite snazzy, I think. Good use of fake Art Deco. Having 31 DT plus 8 from the helmet is a little excessive though.

Edit: Are there any mods to add mods to armor? Like with WME or WMX, but for armor?

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 9, 2013

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Best companion mod EVER: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45518//

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HitTheTargets posted:

Edit: Are there any mods to add mods to armor? Like with WME or WMX, but for armor?

Not as such, but Tailor Maid add a poo poo ton of accessories with various low scale skill boosts (or nothing if you don't want the freebies) that you can wear on top of your outfit. I think satchels has some similar stuff as well.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

HitTheTargets posted:

Haven't tried 'em out, but I've been able to look at the VaultTec Power Armor and Air Force T-57c Power Armor without rage-punching my eyes immediately.

The VT armor is actually quite snazzy, I think. Good use of fake Art Deco. Having 31 DT plus 8 from the helmet is a little excessive though.

I play hardcore so it's been great to have on Veronica. She can take some damage now. Really, the two you mentioned are great examples of well done armor.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SirDan3k posted:

Does anybody know if there is a mod that collects these or similar neck seam hiding accessories and puts them on the NPC's? I picked the game up again and the seam is just driving me nuts for some reason.

It's the Fedex arrow of Gamebryo characters, that's why.

As far as I know there is no mod which does this - but I do wonder if there's a way to mass-add the items to NPC inventories. I mean there are hair and face mods which tweak hundreds of NPCs so either someone is obsessive-compulsive or there's a way to do changes to mass numbers of NPCs at once.

Unfortunately my guess is the former rather than the latter.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I was waiting for that to load and saw "Tim the" and was so excited that someone modded Tim the Toolman Taylor into the game.

Super sad now.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Roar posted:

I was waiting for that to load and saw "Tim the" and was so excited that someone modded Tim the Toolman Taylor into the game.

Super sad now.

New gimmick run spotted.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roar posted:

Tim the Toolman Taylor

Agents are GO! posted:

New gimmick run spotted.

If there are any mods out there to make explosives go off in your hand and guns suddenly break for no good reason in an old school RPG fumble/mishap sort of way, you know what you must do.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

If there are any mods out there to make explosives go off in your hand and guns suddenly break for no good reason in an old school RPG fumble/mishap sort of way, you know what you must do.

Lets not forget changing the "mod applied" sound from click-clack to the more-power grunt.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Holy poo poo, got the armory to work by manually installing 2.5 again and it is a fuckton of really cool guns. I was surprised when I killed a raider and they had a M1 Garand. Awesome. Legion assassin squad had giant goddamn hammers (not super sledges, bigger).

From the fifteen or so weapons I've seen so far, they seem to be balanced fairly well. They sound great too!

tl;dr: the Armory is loving dope as hell and works seamlessly with all the other poo poo I'm running.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

the panacea posted:

It looks incredible!

This is pretty as hell, but after switching to this from Millenia's ENB (which I, of course, didn't back up because I'm an idiot) the see-through hands and gun issue is back, even though I still have the fix installed. I dunno if it's an issue with upgrading to the new ENB version or what. Is there a way to fix it? I don't care if I have to disable Depth of Field or whatever.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
There's no real fix for the transparency in ENB. It can be at most mitigated when you're not aiming through iron sights. It's not even *real* transparency, it's just AO and shadows being rendered even when the objects are covered, and a product of ENB not being able to tell that it shouldn't.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The car mod has been updated:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49042/

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the panacea posted:

It looks incredible!

It's a shame it requires navada skies because they look hideous alongside high resolution rust and dirt

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
Lombard Station Update:

I've got some of the new sorting scripts coded (really, when it comes right down to it, everything but the weapons sort uses the same script), and I'm currently in the tedium stage of filling out lists, testing, and debugging. Rearranging objects will come after I've gotten the scripting done. I added a new segment into the terminal that's sort of a humorous take on the changes I've made, and includes an oblique credits section for those of you that initially spurred me on when I mentioned it. Here's how that handful of first responses are currently credited:

This set is listed as filenames of "attached subcontractor bids".
Omnicarus: Omni-Care.us
Naky: Knack-E.sa
Smol: Smol_Arms.sa
Samopsa: Sams_Ops.sa
Hobo on Fire: Traveler_Aflame.sa

And this one's just a straight shout-out in the same terminal file:
Capn. Beeb: Cpt. Habib Al-Aqsa

Let me know if you want your credit changed/removed.

All that said, I'm currently operating on an "Oh God ow my everything" schedule of "when I can work on it", so please be patient. Things will probably be pretty dicey for a little while starting in a couple days, but I'll keep working on it as well as I'm able.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Naky posted:

Yeah, 2.9 is pretty useless without a lot of the internal stuff that's never actually uploaded to the page. :shepface:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Doomsayer posted:

This is pretty as hell, but after switching to this from Millenia's ENB (which I, of course, didn't back up because I'm an idiot) the see-through hands and gun issue is back, even though I still have the fix installed. I dunno if it's an issue with upgrading to the new ENB version or what. Is there a way to fix it? I don't care if I have to disable Depth of Field or whatever.

That's interesting, because this version actually is the first in a while to not have the transparency issue :iiam:.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

the panacea posted:

That's interesting, because this version actually is the first in a while to not have the transparency issue :iiam:.

The changelog implied that a previous version came with a transparency fix included, but then removed it because "Removed fix for transparency bug of some objects, because by uknown reason it not work for some users and makes objects transparent.". But the newest version also includes the memory-reducing feature which I'm quite keen on :ohdear:. It mentions SSAO, I'm gonna go fiddle with it and see if I can get it to go away.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 11, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Not that it'll necessarily fix your problems, but ENB v0.216 is out now. Just thought I'd let y'all know since ENB was being discussed.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Not that it'll necessarily fix your problems, but ENB v0.216 is out now. Just thought I'd let y'all know since ENB was being discussed.

It's actually v0.216 that I'm using :v:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Doomsayer posted:

It's actually v0.216 that I'm using :v:

Gotcha. From the way you described the changelog, I thought you were still on v0.194 (which was the version that removed the transparency bug fix).

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I was initially on like 0.150 or something, but then upgraded to use Apex. Apex *looks* great (well, kinda, the preset I tried made things look washed-out but there was like 3 other presets!), but the transparency bug is really grating :(

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 11, 2013

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Does 0.216 work with ATI cards? I couldn't get 0.194 working with my 7850. The drivers just crashed when I tried to load a game.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Smol posted:

Does 0.216 work with ATI cards? I couldn't get 0.194 working with my 7850. The drivers just crashed when I tried to load a game.

That's kind of weird. I ran 0.194 on a 5770 with no problems, and the 0.206 ENBoost test patch the same. Then again, I use the Injector version because it seems to cause fewer performance problems on my end, so I can't say one way or another if you were using the wrapper.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I suppose I'll try a different preset designed specifically for .206, maybe swap the wrapper version for the injector version, see if that works. Is there a collection of legacy ENBs somewhere? I might just try and go back to what I was using since that worked flawlessly. Maybe the guy that made the original fix will eventually find a way to fix it again :ohdear:

I could just live with it I guess, considering I mostly use VATS but it's the principle of the thing, dammit! :argh: Maybe I can just convince myself it's simulating having two eyes open while aiming. Yeah, that's it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

For those in my situation, I found a simple fix: I decided to just try disabling ENB effects in the editor. Between the memory boost and the various weather mods I had installed, Fallout looks and plays gorgeous now :downs: