Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Full stream of new Grave Miasma album http://pitchfork.com/advance/213-odori-sepulcrorum/

Destroys all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Forget all about boring, modern thrash and listen to Demolition Hammer and Morbid Saint.

Speaking of thrash, Antichrist (Swe) is coming to Columbus on October 4th,and with them will be Tombstalker (KY) and Dismemberment (OH). Needless to say, I am pretty loving excited.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I don't mind many modern thrash bands, but that ultra clean, crisp production SUCKS.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Turk February posted:

Forget all about boring, modern thrash and listen to Demolition Hammer

gently caress yeah. I really don't care for modern thrash because so many of these bands are reliving their childhoods rather than actually being inventive.

I love the new Carcass and I'm hoping the new Gorguts won't take me years to decipher.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Is anyone going to DE Death Fest next month?

http://www.facebook.com/events/164544893731861/

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

Full stream of new Grave Miasma album http://pitchfork.com/advance/213-odori-sepulcrorum/

Destroys all.

Absolutely stunning. Easily meets all expectations I had for the record. Can't wait to pick this up on vinyl. Hopefully it doesn't sell out before the end of the month or anything stupid. Ideally I'd like to pick it up at their London release show, but they don't seem sure they'll have it there.

T-Bozz Factor
Apr 28, 2003
Hey guys. I haven't posted here in like forever and as you might guess, I'm back because I need something from you. Honesty is good. My band put out an album and I think you'll like it if you're into Slough Feg, Manilla Road, or obvious stuff like Iron Maiden. Lots of guitar harmonies with a balance of heavy and melodic stuff. Think late 70s/early 80s metal before everything was super defined. (but we are still influenced by modern stuff as well) The link below takes you to bandcamp. You can listen to the whole thing there and buy it for 7 bucks if you like it that much. Either way, effluvious praise welcomed and harsh criticism tolerated.

Children of the Reptile - Children of the Reptile

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

nomapple posted:

Absolutely stunning. Easily meets all expectations I had for the record. Can't wait to pick this up on vinyl. Hopefully it doesn't sell out before the end of the month or anything stupid. Ideally I'd like to pick it up at their London release show, but they don't seem sure they'll have it there.

Pre-order it from Sepulchral Voice?

http://www.sepulchralvoice.de/shop/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

T-Bozz Factor posted:

Hey guys. I haven't posted here in like forever and as you might guess, I'm back because I need something from you. Honesty is good. My band put out an album and I think you'll like it if you're into Slough Feg, Manilla Road, or obvious stuff like Iron Maiden. Lots of guitar harmonies with a balance of heavy and melodic stuff. Think late 70s/early 80s metal before everything was super defined. (but we are still influenced by modern stuff as well) The link below takes you to bandcamp. You can listen to the whole thing there and buy it for 7 bucks if you like it that much. Either way, effluvious praise welcomed and harsh criticism tolerated.

Children of the Reptile - Children of the Reptile

Vocals own, love the guitar harmonies too. Just don't make another BYOB as hell video for a song. Enjoy my ten bucks dude.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CornHolio posted:

I'm gonna go see The Sword / Clutch in a couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2m1VzTAI8

I don't mind Clutch but I've always been a very passive fan. But The Sword? Super stoked about that.

Clutch owns live. This will be a great show.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

thepitgoddess posted:

Is anyone going to DE Death Fest next month?

http://www.facebook.com/events/164544893731861/

I really want to go to this and the New Jersey Deathfest, but unfortunately none of those will happen since there are no vacation days approved after Labor Day. :(

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

The Clit Avoider posted:

Destroys all.

You just made my week, gently caress yes.

EDIT: Ugh this owns. I wanna preorder it but the vinyl+shipping comes out to like 35 bucks

shock.wav posted:

I've been loving everything by Warbringer and Havok

Are there any other newer thrash bands I should know about?

If you like crossover thrash, I'm a big fan of Birth AD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETjTks4xSkw

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 11, 2013

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

shock.wav posted:

I saw Warbringer five years ago in Atlanta. Their bassist had been stopped at the Canadian border, so they simply played without him. The room was about half full as well, but they absolutely killed it and I hate that most of the rest of the people at the festival were off watching Cryptopsy or something. People who probably hadn't even heard of them were shouting "TOTAL WAR!" right with them.

As for other bands, have you heard Vektor yet? Edit: Ah someone else had the exact same thought as me. Maybe try Municipal Waste? I don't really get them but other people swear by 'em.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

If I had a penny to my name right now, I'd preorder it in a heartbeat. Alas, I have to wait for funds to materialise. This album is stunning though, and with the fully analogue recording process they talk about, it should sound immense on my turntable. Can't wait to see the triple gatefold packaging either.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Love it, thanks.

shock.wav posted:

I like Evile, but all of their songs sound exactly like this one.

Vader are killer but much heavier than the other bands posted.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Wyzt posted:

You just made my week, gently caress yes.

EDIT: Ugh this owns. I wanna preorder it but the vinyl+shipping comes out to like 35 bucks

Profound Lore will have it for the US market.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

The Clit Avoider posted:

Destroys all.

Owns loving bones.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Nocturno Oculto did a thing.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/233/5075/ posted:

Gift of Gods is the name given to this new beast from the mind of Ted Skjellum, otherwise known as Nocturno Culto, & notorious as one half of the legendary Norwegian black metal band, Darkthrone. For Gift of Gods, Nocturno turns his hand to tracks of pure heavy metal excellence, taking in a vast array of influences from decades past to concoct a special whirlwind of melodic riffing & headbanging anthems on this 30 minute heavy metal pilgrimage. ’Receive’ also features a rendition of ’Looking For an Answer’ originally by obscure Swedish 80’s band, Universe.

A labour of love over several years since its initial inception, Nocturno performs all instruments himself & has also been responsible for recording this mini-album at his own studio. ’Receive’ was mixed & mastered by Jack Control at Enormous Door, having recently worked with Nocturno on Darkthrone’s ’The Underground Resistance’.

Pre-order now for 28th October release.

:rock:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 22, 2016

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

fuf posted:

Vader are killer but much heavier than the other bands posted.

Definitely try their EP named The Art of War. It's very thrashy compared to most of their work and it's excellent.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Protest The Hero are doing a European tour with TesseracT, The Safety Fire and Intervals.

Should be pretty loving good!

quote:

Tour dates:
06.01.14 Germany Karlsruhe @ Substage
07.01.14 Germany Nürnberg @ Hirsch
08.01.14 Germany Berlin @ Magnet
09.01.14 Germany Hamburg @ Logo
10.01.14 Sweden Stockholm @ Klubben
11.01.14 Sweden Gothenburg @ Fängelset
12.01.14 Norway Oslo @ John Dee
13.01.14 Day Off
14.01.14 Denmark Copenhagen @ Vega
15.01.14 Day Off
16.01.14 Belgium Aarschot @ De Klinker
17.01.14 France Paris @ Divan du Monde
18.01.14 France Toulouse @ Le Saint Des Seins
19.01.14 Spain Madrid @ Copernico
20.01.14 Spain Barcelona @ Sala Boveda
21.01.14 Day Off
22.01.14 Switzerland Aarau @ Kiff
23.01.14 Italy Milan @ Zoe Club
24.01.14 Austria Salzburg @ Rockhouse
25.01.14 Austria Wien @ Szene
26.01.14 Hungary Budapest @ Dürer Kert
27.01.14 Day Off
28.01.14 Germany München @ Backstage
29.01.14 Germany Leipzig @ Conne Island
30.01.14 Luxemburg Esch-sur-Alzette @ Rockhal
31.01.14 Germany Köln @ Essigfabrik
01.02.14 UK Brighton @ Concorde 2
02.02.14 UK Birmingham @ O2 Academy2
03.02.14 Day Off
04.02.14 UK Sheffield @ Corporation
05.02.14 UK Glasgow @ Classic Grand
06.02.14 UK Manchester @ Academy2
07.02.14 UK London @ The Electric Ballroom
08.02.14 Holland Dordrecht @ Bibelot

I will definitely be at the Birmingham show, anyone else? :)

T-Bozz Factor
Apr 28, 2003

Francodipshit posted:

Vocals own, love the guitar harmonies too. Just don't make another BYOB as hell video for a song. Enjoy my ten bucks dude.

Thanks bud. Glad ya like it. Yeah the vid was unsolicited and a friend made it but a lot of people seemed to like it so we posted it a few places haha

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

This is really loving good. I'll be buying a copy when I get home tonight.

Thanks dude. The purchase is much appreciated. Always nice to hear good stuff about your work from strangers!

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

The Clit Avoider posted:

Profound Lore will have it for the US market.

Sadly it looks like only CD, no vinyl

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

fuf posted:

Protest The Hero are doing a European tour with TesseracT, The Safety Fire and Intervals.

Should be pretty loving good!

I will definitely be at the Birmingham show, anyone else? :)

I live a couple of miles away from Dordrecht, so yeah :)

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

How in the gently caress have I never heard of Vivien Lalu before today? I'm listening to their first album: Oniric Metal, and holy hell have I been waiting for something like this. Just some solid loving prog metal.

Their new album sounds like it is going to own as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGYmcJR5DI

Dream of Janney
Aug 25, 2013

Corsi Enthusiast

The Clit Avoider posted:

Destroys all.

This is crushing. Stoked they finally released an LP.

Between this, Bölzer, Carcass, Exhumed, Gorguts and Mammoth Grinder, it's been an excellent year for death metal. I'm also pretty sure I've missed a few great releases. 'Odori Sepulcrorum' tops them all though (yes, even Gorguts).

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Beyond - Fatal Power of Death is a good one

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Any goons seeing Iron Maiden today?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Dream of Janney posted:

Between this, Bölzer, Carcass, Exhumed, Gorguts and Mammoth Grinder, it's been an excellent year for death metal. I'm also pretty sure I've missed a few great releases. 'Odori Sepulcrorum' tops them all though (yes, even Gorguts).

Agreed, the Grave Miasma record crushes everything for me (except for Antediluvian (maybe). I've listened to the Antediluvian album at least 20 times, and streamed GM once. When I have the vinyl in my hands it may be another story). Don't really get the hype for Bolzer personally. I think Aura is pretty good, but nothing special. I'll spin it a few more times and see I guess.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Dream of Janney posted:

also, Krypts, Immolation, Lantern, Suffocation, Wormed, & Tribulation. A lot of good DM stuff this year.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Atlantean Kodex are releasing a new album, and I am definately getting it. They put a single up on Youtube, and Jesus H. gently caress it's some good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0KYpbiatcI

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
well gently caress, that Clutch/The Sword concert got postponed.

That's the second concert this year (though Hypocrisy was outright cancelled).

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
So I've liked Amon Amarth for a while.

But I only just got Twilight of The Thunder Gods.

Goddamn that's a good album. It's definitely a step up over pretty much everything else they've done.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just picked that up the other day myself. Waiting for it to come around on my playlist.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Been listening to a lot of Ne Obliviscaris, Thy Catafalque and Augury lately. Who's similar that I should be listening to?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Misogynist posted:

Been listening to a lot of Ne Obliviscaris, Thy Catafalque and Augury lately. Who's similar that I should be listening to?

Quo Vadis.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Misogynist posted:

Unexpect maybe. They're much stranger, but they use violin effectively and their female vocalist made a guest appearance on the last Augury album.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I've had both of those in my music collection for the past seven years or so, but they're both spot-on. Keep 'em coming!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Misogynist posted:

Beyond Creation, Disillusion, Anata, Gorod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

nerve posted:

Beyond Creation, Disillusion, Anata, Gorod

Seconding the Disillusion, their first album is bloody amazing.