Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mozza
Sep 11, 2005

In Alfie We Trust
I've never been one to really notice/care about menu navigation and UI, but as someone who pretty much only plays EASHL, getting to that screen or the creation zone is a hellish trek.

mozza fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
If you like beagm, that menu is vastly improved. Swap out dudes through whole lineup vs having to manually change every. Goddamn. Spot.

LTL is still the same + those prompts for interviews and stuff. I got demoted because I participated in a team prank haha

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Is anyone else at Superstar 1 yet?? :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't get my returning player bonus. The game disconnects me from the server every time I try. drat it EA, I want to buy stuff.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hockles posted:

I remember finding that a month or two ago in NHL 13.

It wasn't in NHL 13 :???: Doing player movement between teams or teams/freeagency was painful because if you dropped Zuccarello to free agency you had to scroll through the entire list of free agents to get to him. There were menus where you could RS up or down to get through lists of players (like in fantasy draft in season mode) but not in the second longest list of players in the game. Now you can. :)

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I should also mention that I'd be happy to trade my 24 HUT packs (I don't use that) for the Gamestop or Best Buy preorder bonuses (I think Bauer and Easton?) since I might use those.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba posted:

GO OUTSIDE!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

I should also mention that I'd be happy to trade my 24 HUT packs (I don't use that) for the Gamestop or Best Buy preorder bonuses (I think Bauer and Easton?) since I might use those.

They're not boost packs by the way, they're just gear.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

sba posted:

Look at this guy with his humble brag!

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
I've heard that the young gentlemen have returned.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Aphrodite posted:

They're not boost packs by the way, they're just gear.

Yeah that's fine. I like gear.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aphrodite posted:

I can't get my returning player bonus. The game disconnects me from the server every time I try. drat it EA, I want to buy stuff.

Same problem here :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I didn't even get into a game before I was pissed off at this game. A new record.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

Hockles posted:

I didn't even get into a game before I was pissed off at this game. A new record.

Did Bizarro Hockles somehow get a hold of this account?

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
It begins!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzwpwWDbO7I

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This lead directly to a line brawl, which Bradf0rd won his fight.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

This lead directly to a line brawl, which Bradf0rd won his fight.

:woop: Did that all the way to the box. Managed to get off six "woos!" before I went in.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

shortspecialbus posted:

Yeah that's fine. I like gear.

I have an unused gear code.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If anybody wants to be a kind gentleman, I somehow accidentally threw away the receipt from GameStop that had a code for $10/800pts on it. I would be happy to trade my 24 HUT packs bonus and 2012 Winter Classic HUT pack for $10/800pt code.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Speaking of that 24 HUT pack thing, do they give you one a week or what?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

dewey7788 posted:

Speaking of that 24 HUT pack thing, do they give you one a week or what?

Yes. It says so on the receipt. They usually came on Mondays last year.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
So this year you can no longer get good contract cards for your nhl(gold cards) players from bronze packs, only from gold packs and the cheapest gold pack is 6250. Not sure they thought this through. For now that's fine since everyone is trading gold contracts for cheap, but i don't see how to sustain a hut team full of nhl players from just playing and store packs.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They brought back consumable packs a month or two in. I bet they cave and do it again.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I didn't get my BAUER pack? Is it because EB gets some of the boosts but it specifically says GAMESTOP for the sweet orange Bauer stuff?

Cause I want the Bauer stuff :( Anyone have an extra and want to swing a deal?

loving EB. Fuckers.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.
This game is tremendous. Just the change to auto-collisions is MASSIVE, and leads to me throwing actual hits rather than doing the cabbage patch in the general area of my opponent.

It's also a lot more difficult, at least so far, to dick around with the puck in traffic.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Robo-Pope posted:

This game is tremendous. Just the change to auto-collisions is MASSIVE, and leads to me throwing actual hits rather than doing the cabbage patch in the general area of my opponent.

It's also a lot more difficult, at least so far, to dick around with the puck in traffic.

The inability to dick around could be EA actually giving defense a chance but it's more likely that you're sitting at a 60 OVR and can't deke for poo poo yet.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is there an option to do fantasy drafts for GMC this year?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The VS tuners are grindy as all hell, the game is slooooooooooow, fun but slow.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Good, it needed to be slower. It was way too easy to just skate around in circles on offense. Hopefully it stops PK's being easier to score on than PP's too.

Dream of Janney
Aug 25, 2013

Corsi Enthusiast

Diet Crack posted:

Good, it needed to be slower. It was way too easy to just skate around in circles on offense. Hopefully it stops PK's being easier to score on than PP's too.

That odd man strength power struggle was extremely frustrating in NHL 13.

I've played a few games with someone else in person, and four games (3-1) online and I have to say this game, on the surface, is much more fun and feels a lot more real. I'm sure the cheese goals will rear their head at some point, but for the time being the go-to's are stoppable and playing 'real hockey' is a realistic strategy. I feel like a lot of this is due to the speed being slower, therefore forwards can't just make up distance on the points in no time, and defensemen can't go from flat-footed to poking the puck off your stick if you've got Gaborik blowing by them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Huh, I see now they really stripped back the "Legends" aspect of the game

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'm having a hard time with this one, which is rather refreshing as 11-13 were just pick up and dominate.

Also, they don't know any of the Dallas rookies from last year's names. Which is odd.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

Also, they don't know any of the Dallas rookies from last year's names. Which is odd.

this is just the beta, I'm sure EA will have all of those bugs ironed out by the release date

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joink posted:

So this year you can no longer get good contract cards for your nhl(gold cards) players from bronze packs, only from gold packs and the cheapest gold pack is 6250. Not sure they thought this through. For now that's fine since everyone is trading gold contracts for cheap, but i don't see how to sustain a hut team full of nhl players from just playing and store packs.

Punishment for everyone abusing the no contract bug last year I guess.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jack_tripper posted:

this is just the beta, I'm sure EA will have all of those bugs ironed out by the release date

The game came out yesterday didn't it? At least I was planning on picking up after work today...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

There was already a roster update. I haven't done anything outside of EASHL yet, so I don't know the difference between the default rosters and the first update.

Maybe it's fixed?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Hockles posted:

There was already a roster update. I haven't done anything outside of EASHL yet, so I don't know the difference between the default rosters and the first update.

Maybe it's fixed?

Grab your HUT returning player reward. I got 87k, immediately bought 10 packs. Got Tavares, Sharp, Berglung, Grabowski and Lindback. Those were my best, but it's kept me undefeated for my first 3.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack_tripper posted:

Following the SimCity model I see

Bought my first Gold pack in HUT. Best player rating is an 80 :allears:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

der juicen posted:

Grab your HUT returning player reward. I got 87k, immediately bought 10 packs. Got Tavares, Sharp, Berglung, Grabowski and Lindback. Those were my best, but it's kept me undefeated for my first 3.

I lied, I did redeem that stuff. I only got $28k. I'm not playing HUT as much or at all this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Following the SimCity model I see

Bought my first Gold pack in HUT. Best player rating is an 80 :allears:

My best player is Dave Bolland.

Help I'm Toronto in 2 years.

• Locked thread