Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Real talk, Daft Punk needs to make another movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
y'know what, this isn't the place to bitch about RAM

Dred Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 13, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Wapole Languray posted:

Never seen this, but the poster is gorgeous, the contrasting red and blue being used for proper symbolic meaning, and the font on the title gives that extra "exotic" edge.

This is not getting enough attention. What an absolutely gorgeous poster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Not even An Interstella could make RAM anything other than painfully boring. Now if they made an anime for their live show...

I would settle for a Saint Young Men-style slice of life comedy about the robots.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Well you caught me before my edit but yeah. Yeah I'd watch that real fuckin hard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Well you caught me before my edit but yeah. Yeah I'd watch that real fuckin hard.

They should team up with Kavinsky and fight crime.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

This is not getting enough attention. What an absolutely gorgeous poster.

It certainly didn't get anything but a snide remark when I posted it awhile back :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ville Valo posted:

I like how they don't show his right hand, because it looks incredibly stupid being the only other unarmored bit.

His incredibly stupid real hand attached to his incredibly stupid armor design.

"Hey, this armor kind of looks like poo poo, but you know what would really make it look bad? Let's hit it with some Rustoleum Black Primer, then call it a day."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

His incredibly stupid real hand attached to his incredibly stupid armor design.

"Hey, this armor kind of looks like poo poo, but you know what would really make it look bad? Let's hit it with some Rustoleum Black Primer, then call it a day."

To be fair, I guess he gets black paint because evil Michael Keaton decided so. You're supposed to hate it! :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh good, more Robocop chat.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
It impossible to design a new Robocop that would please the Internet anyway. People will hate it just for existing.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Nowadays, the worst excesses of the police are dressed in black. It looks fine to me.

The remake might be garbage, of course, but we won't know for sure until we see it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ez posted:

It impossible to design a new Robocop that would please the Internet anyway. People will hate it just for existing.

Aside from him looking exactly the same as he used to. The Internet does not like change. It means you gotta have a whole new set of pictures to background edit.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

axleblaze posted:

It certainly didn't get anything but a snide remark when I posted it awhile back :smith:

People are fickle mush-heads, you know you were right. It is a great poster.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

muscles like this? posted:

Mel Gibson was born in America and lived here as a kid.

:psyboom:

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Wapole Languray posted:

I don't think there is a bad German poster from the 20s-40s.

Someone linked a huge (print quality) version of this one a while back. I snagged it if anyone wants me to relink it.

axleblaze posted:

It's a great poster. Thanks for introducing me to it.

Also, while not technically a poster, this was confirmed the other day.

And for those craving an actual dinosaur movie poster, I give you:

e: gently caress Dinosaurus is table breaking huge.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One, we already had an in-depth discussion about that a couple pages ago.

Two, you are breaking some serious tables.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

spanky the dolphin posted:

Someone linked a huge (print quality) version of this one a while back. I snagged it if anyone wants me to relink it.

Please do :)

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

spanky the dolphin posted:

And for those craving an actual dinosaur movie poster

I wanna play...

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

If the dinosaurs look that bad on the poster how awful are they in the movie?

Luckily thanks to the magic of youtube we can find out they look like men in rubber suits.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

The Carnosaur films are...watchable as all hell. Not good on any level (except for maybe the first), but they're essentially slashers with dinosaurs instead of Jason. You'll need beer, but you'll have fun.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Not pictured: dinosaurs, birds.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Byzantine posted:

Not pictured: dinosaurs, birds.

Oh come on, a Plesiosaurus counts. Or does it fall into the "Not TECHNICALLY a dinosaur" categories?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Glamorama26 posted:

Oh come on, a Plesiosaurus counts. Or does it fall into the "Not TECHNICALLY a dinosaur" categories?

In the same sense that a shark is not "technically" a bear, sure.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Legend Of 'Dinosaurs' And 'Monster Birds'

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Byzantine posted:

In the same sense that a shark is not "technically" a bear, sure.

Brother, do I have a loving thread for you.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

uPen posted:

If the dinosaurs look that bad on the poster how awful are they in the movie?

Luckily thanks to the magic of youtube we can find out they look like men in rubber suits.

I kind of want to see this now. It looks like a terrible mashup of JP and Aliens.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I wish they showed the full gun, and the suit is kind of whatever, but that Robocop poster is at least striking and pretty unique. (My biggest issue is remakes/reboots just reusing old titles and making searching for them much more difficult.)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mike From Nowhere posted:

Nowadays, the worst excesses of the police are dressed in black. It looks fine to me.

I watched both Elite Squad films last night and Padilha makes a point of this. It'll be interesting to see what elements from those films sneak into Robocop.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pretty sure I've read that he got hosed by the studio pretty hard on this one.

Swiftboat Rookie
Jan 12, 2005

It's Sexin' Time!

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure I've read that he got hosed by the studio pretty hard on this one.

That comment was a relay from one of Padilha's friends; he ended up having to backpedal on that pretty hard with some "every film has its compromises" PR handouts. It's still sad to see someone like Jose Padilha have to peddle for licensing, talking about how cool RoboCop is going to be so that kids will want toys.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Stare-Out posted:

It's nice to show off the armor (which is ugly but hey) but it looks like they were planning to put something in the background but couldn't be arsed or forgot.

No it doesn't

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The thumbnail looks like a software guide. TEACH YOURSELF CARNOSAUR 2!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

IMB posted:

No it doesn't
Oh, okay then.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Stare-Out posted:

Oh, okay then.

Well he's right. It's a very clear cut non-ambiguous design. Not sure what gave you that idea other than "white background."

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Wapole Languray posted:

Never seen this, but the poster is gorgeous, the contrasting red and blue being used for proper symbolic meaning, and the font on the title gives that extra "exotic" edge.

What is the proper symbolic meaning of red and blue contrast?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

Well he's right. It's a very clear cut non-ambiguous design. Not sure what gave you that idea other than "white background."
Bright white, yet the tagline says he's "up all night" :confused:

Okay so back to the Aristocats poster a couple of pages back. Maybe I have a dirty mind or maybe those Disney artists were going for subliminal message but to me their positioning looks like the definition of doggy style:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 14, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Binary Logic posted:

Bright white, yet the tagline says he's "up all night" :confused:

That one was a photoshop. Those are lyrics from Daft Punk's summer jam "Get Lucky."

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

I kind of want to see this now. It looks like a terrible mashup of JP and Aliens.

Carnosaur 2 is almost a point by point remake of Aliens with dinosaurs. When I was my kid I watched a recording of it on vhs my dad made that skipped to every scene where someone gets eaten or a dinosaur gets blown up. That's honestly the best way to experience a movie like that, but I still highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have any posters to show off, but for those of you who have some in your house, where's the best place to get frames? I work at a movie theatre, and they're just handing them out like candy, and I really want to hang up my shiny new Short Term 12 poster stat (also I want to buy a Spring Breakers one as well).

When I get back to my home computer I'll post the ST12 poster I'm talking about, it actually looks really nice.