Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

~ironic~ wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

This reminds me of the blue Civic with white racing stripes I saw long ago. The wing was normal-sized, but the thing that struck me was a perfectly accurate scale model of the car, right down to the paint job and metal wing with holes in the supports, sitting on the dashboard. I have photos somewhere.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Spotted in South Beach, Miami.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Blood Magnet posted:

More of that car: http://www.boldride.com/ride/2013/velos-designwerks-maserati-grancabrio

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sorry but that's a terrible thing to do to a Maserati.

Edit: Hell, I'd take this over it:

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 13, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm sorry but that's a terrible thing to do to a car.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Blood Magnet posted:

Ah, so this is the real reason LeBron moved to Miami. No way that paint job could survive very long up here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NitroSpazzz posted:

Linking this so I don't piss off the people browsing on their phones.

5MB GIF of engine workings - http://jacoboneal.com/car-engine/

That's a fantastic link. I love "How poo poo Works" gifs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Am I the only one that thinks that gold Maserati doesn't actually look that bad? The colour combination works quite nicely...

I know there's at least one person here from my home town of Coventry, I'm sure they've seen the vile chrome vinyl DB7 that used to roll around the university at times. It wouldn't be that bad if it was a more modern one but it's like a 1997/98 with the original rims and it just looks stupid.

Not it, obviously as the sky is never blue in this city;

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's a fantastic link. I love "How poo poo Works" gifs.

I hope he does an automatic and manual transmission version.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How are those chrome cars even legal? On a sunny day you'd just be a rolling disco ball blinding everyone in your path.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I feel bad having a shiny grille blinding people in front of me (not really, get out of my way :argh:), I can only imagine what would happen if I had the entire thing like that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Less show, more go.

Flugplatz still lives up to its name.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You bought a Yaris?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
gently caress no.

Read the plates.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

gently caress no.

Read the plates.

I saw, but with your head trauma who knows what you'll buy.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

I saw, but with your head trauma who knows what you'll buy.

Lets go over your list again.. in the proper thread for it.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

88h88 posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that gold Maserati doesn't actually look that bad? The colour combination works quite nicely...

I know there's at least one person here from my home town of Coventry, I'm sure they've seen the vile chrome vinyl DB7 that used to roll around the university at times. It wouldn't be that bad if it was a more modern one but it's like a 1997/98 with the original rims and it just looks stupid.

I've not seen that, but there was a black Quattroporte that rolled around near the Uni Library all term, and a poor, poor, Veilsided-up Supra with 20" rims, HIDZZZ etc.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Can't find the picture, but there's someone on the internet with an S2000 and an Odyssey with matching license plates, something like NOTORQ and NOPOWR. Someone will post it.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This bit of sheer awesome happened this week. Props to the owner for being a awesome person.

Little bits of bonus awesome scattered thru the background.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

88h88 posted:

Didn't see that one. There's an orange aventador kicking about all the time now though. Phwoar.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm sure we've all been drunk before. But I'm guessing it normally stops at traffic cones and roadsigns.

Well done, that man.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

I'm sure we've all been drunk before. But I'm guessing it normally stops at traffic cones and roadsigns.

Well done, that man.

Well, gently caress, that is quite a steal. Those fuckers are heavy as poo poo too!

Content:

My mate went on a roadtrip to Germany. He hammered his A6 around the Nurburgring, roof box and all!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Not something I expected to see up here in the PNW...

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Philip J Fry posted:

Not something I expected to see up here in the PNW...

Timber is one of the biggest industries and outside of two cities it's all red-state. :psyduck:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Reichstag posted:

Timber is one of the biggest industries and outside of two cities it's all red-state. :psyduck:

I'm pretty liberal on most issues and do work for a timber company. Also almost bought a Prius a month ago; kind of regretting that I didn't.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Reichstag posted:

Timber is one of the biggest industries and outside of the part where everyone lives it's all red-state. :psyduck:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Aurune posted:

This bit of sheer awesome happened this week. Props to the owner for being a awesome person.

Little bits of bonus awesome scattered thru the background.

Where was this? That car is now up here at the VCHC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Where was this? That car is now up here at the VCHC.

Palo Alto, CA. If you see a blonde lady driving it. She's the owner. She's awesome (as anyone who actually drives the crap out of their hypercars is) and a very nice person.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is. If you bump into her, I don't think she will be a rear end in a top hat to you if you ask questions.

Aurune fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 15, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Everything about this picture.

Goddamn.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Lilbeefer posted:

This just turned up at work and I would love the exact thing but in a short wheelbase
Ive got a weird decision to make. Focus ST, Librty GT wagon or Defender 90 in Keswick green as above.....
You've got to really love them to consider one as a daily driver. No reason you can't drive one as you would a car, but it certainly requires a certain amount of bloody mindedness. The newer crew cab styles 4x4s are better in every metric compared to a lanny, unless you are really pushing it off road. However they just don't have the charm.

I used to love driving the TD5 90 we had at work, even on long A road journeys but I was very much in the minority, and you weren't half fatigued after a few hundred miles behind the wheel. New engines are much better so YMMV but it's still a landrover! On the other hand, it's a landrover :getin:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

(Kaptain Ballistik at the finish ramp of Rally Australia)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Reichstag posted:

Not sure what you're driving at. I know plenty of 'red state' people who own a Prius. They just tend to be a little less smug about it. Now, if it was a Chevy Volt on the other hand...

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

stump posted:

You've got to really love them to consider one as a daily driver. No reason you can't drive one as you would a car, but it certainly requires a certain amount of bloody mindedness. The newer crew cab styles 4x4s are better in every metric compared to a lanny, unless you are really pushing it off road. However they just don't have the charm.

I used to love driving the TD5 90 we had at work, even on long A road journeys but I was very much in the minority, and you weren't half fatigued after a few hundred miles behind the wheel. New engines are much better so YMMV but it's still a landrover! On the other hand, it's a landrover :getin:

I daily drove a 90 soft top for almost 10 years. Keep up on basic maintenance and it'll never let you down. Just do it. The 110s are even more comfortable for long distance but as they run in the upper five-figures in the US I'll never have one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This was posted in the wrong thread (awkward/ugly in pyf). Needs whitewalls and hydraulics.

Jay O posted:

So, there's this guy in my apartment complex that owns something I'd place pretty firmly under Awkward and Ugly, but some of you may think it's great, I dunno. Behold the Majestic Orange Hearse:

(Reflections are a bit wonky there, but the steering wheel's chains and the stick shift a skull...

THE LAST RIDE.

For what it's worth, the car's much funnier if the guy's behind the wheel. He's picture-perfect :emo: , thin unwashed grease-mop, perpetual smug yet tortured expression...the last of a dying breed of goth...in a bright tangerine hearse. I almost took a picture of him checking himself out in the side-view mirror, but it would have been real obvious and he would have seen me doing it, so I abstained.

This is a man who laughs at your slavery to the illusion of normalcy and the fleeting falsehood of life's brief embrace. He laughs at you, DEATH ITSELF laughs at you, and this Hobby Lobby gargoyle laughs at you...

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Everything about this picture.

Goddamn.

It's at a place in Seattle called munichevo. They sell and work on older BMWs and Porsches, mostly the sport models.

The owners also have both orange and blue M1s in flawless condition as well as a Jaguar XJ220. They also own at least two BMW art cars.

If you are in Seattle, they are at 135th & Aurora.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

I'm glad the girl who took this picture photographed the GOOD side.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Saw this neat little coupe parked in Point Reyes Station yesterday.

click for bigger