Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The idea of a splint for a tentacle is mind-boggling.

Aquaman has Münchausen syndrome by proxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I fully endorse this idea, so I'll just do a quick search for Aquaman an-

:stare:

I have no idea on the source, I've searched and all I can find is more people going :stare:

Adventure Comics 282. I'm not going to provide any more context than that, though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Was it one of the millions of times that Aquaman has been trapped in a tepid or lukewarm place with no water causing him to lose all his powers?

I'm pretty sure that happened to him in every single issue.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

Was it one of the millions of times that Aquaman has been trapped in a tepid or lukewarm place with no water causing him to lose all his powers?

I'm pretty sure that happened to him in every single issue.

So, given that we know the guy who wrote Wonder Woman was a bit bondagey, and WW got tied up all the time, what does that say about Mort Weisinger

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hydromasochist.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

This is far funnier in context so you should read this: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/124020-liefeld-creates-gag-millie-the-model-cover-may-be-best-work-in-years.html

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edit: I'm a big dumb stupid head who was trying to be funny and wasn't.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 14, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
....You know that's a real last name that real people have, right?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Is it supposed to be Flichs? Like that whole deal with writing CLINT used to be in comics?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yes I am aware of that. But when I read this series in 2001 I didn't and thought it was a super edgy insult. I wonder how many other people did the same.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, it's probably Fuchs. It means fox in German, it's a pretty common name.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Len posted:

Yes I am aware of that. But when I read this series in 2001 I didn't and thought it was a super edgy insult. I wonder how many other people did the same.

Okay, you just asked how that slipped by editing and it did so by being a real thing and not a super secret future swear.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Okay, you just asked how that slipped by editing and it did so by being a real thing and not a super secret future swear.

Edit: gently caress it I'll edit it out.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Liefeld should have gone with Brubaker's setup. Still great.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Gumby posted:

Liefeld should have gone with Brubaker's setup. Still great.

What do you want to bet Brubaker makes his pitch for the series, scripts it, they get someone good on pencils/inks, and it gets published.

...and it's hailed as the next great series from Marvel, like Superior Foes, Hawkguy, and Thor.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Teen Titans, don't know the number.

Robin calls gang bang. Aqualad isn't interested.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing posted:

I can accept that Robin and Speedy just want a dance.

Kid Flash, on the other hand... :stare:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Metal Loaf posted:

I can accept that Robin and Speedy just want a dance.

Kid Flash, on the other hand... :stare:

That's a face that says "I've already been inside her and she doesn't realize it yet." which would also explain Wonder Girl's face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Say Nothing posted:

I think that's from Allred's issue of Solo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhyno posted:

I think that's from Allred's issue of Solo.

Ha, I was just about to say I was getting a Mike Allred vibe from the art.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Batman 66 #2

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Say Nothing posted:

So, Aqualad is a gay fish?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

And continuity nit-pick Clea and Strange got divorced in the early 90's so she doesn't actually need one.

Did somebody mention Dr. Strange's relationship woes? Well that's as good of an excuse as I need to repost these!

New Avengers: The Illuminati #4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"Black Bolt is laughing at you in his mind" remains my single favourite line of just about any comic ever.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Can we also point out the supreme irony of Black Bolt complaining that his wife doesn't ever give him a chance to talk?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Gorilla Salad posted:

"Black Bolt is laughing at you in his mind" remains my single favourite line of just about any comic ever.

The gun in the mouth is what makes it so great.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

I had to check, apparently it's canon, also, Dr Strange's face in that second to last panel.
Source, Iron Man sometime in the 70's (gently caress only knows, look at them mashing their unfeeling metal faces together)

yaffle fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 16, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I wouldn't count bumping two metal face plates against each other "kissing", not by a long shot.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Prison Warden posted:

I wouldn't count bumping two metal face plates against each other "kissing", not by a long shot.

Apparently, I have never kissed a girl.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's extremely strange that neither of them remove their masks to make out but Whitney Frost is real hosed up in general so maybe that's how she gets off. So no kinkshaming please.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

yaffle posted:

I had to check, apparently it's canon, also, Dr Strange's face in that second to last panel.
Source, Iron Man sometime in the 70's (gently caress only knows, look at them mashing their unfeeling metal faces together)

It's in archives now, unless I'm just blind, but there was a giant effort thread made on comic romances and Iron Man/ Madame Masque was the first one talked about. It was a really, really in depth, interesting post.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CapnAndy posted:

Can we also point out the supreme irony of Black Bolt complaining that his wife doesn't ever give him a chance to talk?
I think Black Bolt is being intentionally ironic there, given the levity with which he is otherwise treating the conversation.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

How great could the Illuminati have been if it was really a support group for older comic hero men and not whatever it became?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
GIS tells me this is from Aphrodisiac by Jim Rugg.
I don't know which issue, I'm guessing all of them?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love that Stark backs off in a hurry once Doc gives him the look. Also, I enjoy more than anything that the two best characters in that scene are Defenders. :allears:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Did somebody mention Dr. Strange's relationship woes? Well that's as good of an excuse as I need to repost these!

New Avengers: The Illuminati #4

Still one of the best scenes in all of comics to me.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Say Nothing posted:

Black Dynamite, is that you?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Afrodisiac is a graphic novel; it doesn't have issues. (Well, internally it's divided into fragmentary, fictitious "issues" of a 70s comic book that never existed from an alternate dimension where we had blaxploitation instead of superheroes. The whole book is that amazing.)

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 16, 2013

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Ghostlight posted:

I think Black Bolt is being intentionally ironic there, given the levity with which he is otherwise treating the conversation.

The part I love is how Namor— of all people— is asking "Why would you sleep with a woman who ______?" of absolutely anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

yaffle posted:

Resentment over being rejected by Stark has always been a big part of her character. He seduces her to keep her from killing Pepper during Siege as well.

• Locked thread