Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Local Cars and Coffee show image dump:

Ferraris

Masarati

Audi

Aston Martin

Mazdas

Miata with a Corvette motor!

Volkswagen out in force!

The photographer from the local paper was taking photos with some random hot girl. You can see him gesturing with his hands on the right side.

Bonus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Blood Magnet posted:

Local Cars and Coffee show image dump:

The photographer from the local paper was taking photos with some random hot girl. You can see him gesturing with his hands on the right side.

IT LIVES!!! :black101::black101::black101:

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Carteret posted:

IT LIVES!!! :black101::black101::black101:

Barely.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I just noticed the saw blades on the centre caps... Farkin' 'ell.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
I think old Audis are awesome car poo poo.

Parked next to this cool old Audi(A8? It was de-badged)outside the bank yesterday. It was in really great shape for its age in the northeast.
I apologize for the image quality, its from a loaner phone from the early 2000s.

I couldn't get away from cool Audis yesterday, saw a silver R8, B5 S4 wagon, what I think is a C4 S4 and a sweet 200 Quattro wagon.

Burlington has so many interesting cars for both the awesome and terrible threads.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
It looks more like a nice old 5000 with a new bumper/chin bodywork.

VVVVV
I don't think the lights, grill or hood are right for a V8.
(But the chin bodywork is)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 16, 2013

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

joat mon posted:

It looks more like a nice old 5000 with a new bumper/chin bodywork.

I think it's an Audi V8, not a 5k/100/200.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Did the Virginia City Hillclimb with fellow goons Revelations, rowebot, and Shoeish, who took King of the Hill with a blistering 3:26 in his modded GT-:argh:

I also modded the exhaust on the M3 with some bitchin results, both in winning my class and making awesome sounds in the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdyKYqb2WNM

Revelations getting ready to run:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

My friends and I can't tell if this is real or not because these things are so rare. Wish I got more photos of it but it was creepy enough to do so....

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

This is precisely why I don't drive my s13 anymore, sheesh.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

My friends and I can't tell if this is real or not because these things are so rare. Wish I got more photos of it but it was creepy enough to do so....

It has the wrong seats. That being said, real 993 GT2s are stupid rare. Only 57 were made. I've seen a lot of clones knocking around. Clone or not, that is a amazing looking car. I'd drive the crap out of it.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Kenshin posted:

It's at a place in Seattle called munichevo. They sell and work on older BMWs and Porsches, mostly the sport models.

The owners also have both orange and blue M1s in flawless condition as well as a Jaguar XJ220. They also own at least two BMW art cars.

If you are in Seattle, they are at 135th & Aurora.

My Z4M has just found a new home garage. Thanks, dude!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Showed up at work today and... what's this in the parking lot?

Pristine '87, 60k miles, never restored, original everything. One of the guys in the office bought it new off the lot.

Apparently he brought it to limerock this year and it ended up in a BMW mag.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Right up by Deals Gap

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kastein posted:

Showed up at work today and... what's this in the parking lot?

Pristine '87, 60k miles, never restored, original everything. One of the guys in the office bought it new off the lot.

Apparently he brought it to limerock this year and it ended up in a BMW mag.

That's absolutely beautiful

My family is a bunch of warranty buyers, so they don't understand my unrestrained love of classic boxy euro sedans and coupes.

"Why don't you buy one of those [GM Eco car/Toyota Eco car/Ford Eco car]? (You'll only be making 300/month payments after you spend all your budget, too) Old cars are so expensive!"

shaggy--
Nov 9, 2000
Hillary Clinton loves a winner!

Wasabi the J posted:

That's absolutely beautiful

My family is a bunch of warranty buyers, so they don't understand my unrestrained love of classic boxy euro sedans and coupes.

"Why don't you buy one of those [GM Eco car/Toyota Eco car/Ford Eco car]? (You'll only be making 300/month payments after you spend all your budget, too) Old cars are so expensive!"

Beautiful cars. Happen to have any other pics from that shoot? Kinda want to see more of the building in the background :)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wasabi the J posted:

Ha, I got this the other day from a friend on Facebook

"Why did you buy a bmw? They're really expensive, you should have got a lease car from work"

Yeah, £280 per month for a beige econobox I won't own, versus £2500 for a bigger more efficient (more awesome) 10 year old car I can do what I want with.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shaggy-- posted:

Beautiful cars. Happen to have any other pics from that shoot? Kinda want to see more of the building in the background :)

It's the BMW HQ and Museum in Munich

You would probably appreciate Brutalist Architecture

I am stalling because I can't find more pics of that shoot aside from that one.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cakefool posted:

Ha, I got this the other day from a friend on Facebook

"Why did you buy a bmw? They're really expensive, you should have got a lease car from work"

Yeah, £280 per month for a beige econobox I won't own, versus £2500 for a bigger more efficient (more awesome) 10 year old car I can do what I want with.

And yet, in a year its already paid for plus taking care of it?

I still don't get the concept of "BMW is expensive to own" concept. After replacement of the GOD drat COOLING SYSTEM and suspension wear components, they are pretty easy to take care of. Same typical poo poo that other cars need replaced, IE brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.

Mo Hawk
Jul 17, 2006
HEADPHONE JACK

Wasabi the J posted:

It's the BMW HQ and Museum in Munich

You would probably appreciate Brutalist Architecture

I am stalling because I can't find more pics of that shoot aside from that one.

Check out http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/09/17/bmw-classic-is-offering-classic-bmw-automobiles-for-sale/p90066835/
There are only two additional pictures featuring the BMW tower though.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I still don't get the concept of "BMW is expensive to own" concept.
The people who say that are most likely the people that take their cars to dealers for repairs and maintenance. Almost anything is cheap if you can do the labor yourself, but Toyota / Ford / Chevrolet / et al charge way less per hour of labor than the fancier marques, so it's 'cheaper'.

They also generally don't get the joy of owning things like this:

(Spotted outside a hotel while picking up the in-laws; both had Maine historical plates (photo taken in California) and were well-used and not restored.)

And a little something for my cycle asylum homies. I need to find out who at my company owns this beaut:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

And a little something for my cycle asylum homies. I need to find out who at my company owns this beaut:

"Boinngggg!" - the sound of my erection deploying.

The best colour scheme too, despite what KTM fags will say about all-orange.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That is one of the most awesome looking bikes ever. It looks like a SPACESHIP.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Twistershift posted:

This is precisely why I don't drive my s13 anymore, sheesh.

Because you are required by law to hold your FMIC on with wire when you buy a S13 right?

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I saw this beautiful 1987 BMW L6 when I was visiting family in Seattle. I would have liked to take more pictures of it but I had way too much to drink and either forgot what i was doing or forgot how to use my phone to take pictures, I forget which.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Time To Flex Your MUSCLES!

Well, his anyway. The Camaro belongs to a guy I met at a car show for Slick's Garage here in Palmetto, Fl. The interior is new, but the paint and engine are original. The engine has been rebuilt and modified a little bit if I recall correctly, but it's loving sex on wheels.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 19, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yesterday I saw something sexy on my way to work:

260z, absolutely mint, exhaust sounded stock too.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wildwood Boardwalk show starts tomorrow.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

At first I thought the top picture had been taken twenty or thirty years ago and the bottom one was a re-creation based on the relative quality of the two pictures. I kinda hate the wheels on the Camaro, though.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Wildwood Boardwalk show starts tomorrow.

Ha, I stayed at that motel almost every summer growing up.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Not as awesome as a lot of the stuff in here, but...

I'm digging the gas prices around work.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
$2.91!? Hot drat that is sexy! I think my heart skipped a beat, please post more pictures of her. I hope you don't think I'm being sarcastic I put a combined 40,000 miles a year on two vehicles that get 15.6 mpg and 15.4 mpg and I put 30,000 a year on my work truck that gets 11.5 mpg. I filled up 24 gallons for $3.65 last night.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Modus Man posted:

$2.91!? Hot drat that is sexy! I think my heart skipped a beat, please post more pictures of her. I hope you don't think I'm being sarcastic I put a combined 40,000 miles a year on two vehicles that get 15.6 mpg and 15.4 mpg and I put 30,000 a year on my work truck that gets 11.5 mpg. I filled up 24 gallons for $3.65 last night.

I paid A$5.97 per gallon for diesel today, and that was at the cheap price of $1.58 a litre instead of $1.62 a litre!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Okay, I'll admit it - I got 10c/gal off with my Kroger card (I get 3c/gal off with it normally, unless I've spent at least $100 on groceries for the month). That's still a pre-discount price of $3.019, which is loving awesome. The gas stations around where I live range from $3.19-$3.59, while the stations around work range from $3.01-$3.89.

I've done about 2500 miles in the past month alone. :sigh: Small car, but I'm lucky to break 23 MPG (on a car rated mid 30s highway) while working. My absolute best tank on this thing so far has been a bit under 28, all highway :suicide: (though it was well north of 100F outside, and the a/c was running nonstop).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Ferremit posted:

I paid A$5.97 per gallon for diesel today, and that was at the cheap price of $1.58 a litre instead of $1.62 a litre!

What's petrol like at the moment? Over in NZ its $2.25/l (~$2 AUD) for 95

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

92 is hovering around $1.50ish, 98 is up around $1.70-1.80 a litre

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Fucknag posted:

Yesterday I saw something sexy on my way to work:

260z, absolutely mint, exhaust sounded stock too.

If it had Texas plates I'd have guessed it was my neighbor's ride. He daily drives one that looks just like that. Sounds pretty nice. He lives a few doors up, I need to catch him outside and talk to him sometime.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

some texas redneck posted:

Okay, I'll admit it - I got 10c/gal off with my Kroger card (I get 3c/gal off with it normally, unless I've spent at least $100 on groceries for the month). That's still a pre-discount price of $3.019, which is loving awesome. The gas stations around where I live range from $3.19-$3.59, while the stations around work range from $3.01-$3.89.

Old man rant: $3.02/gallon is not awesome. The oil companies were making money when gas was under $1.50 five years ago. There's no reason for it to still be over $3.

Maybe I should stop driving cars that get single digit fuel mileage.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Kill-9 posted:

Old man rant: $3.02/gallon is not awesome. The oil companies were making money when gas was under $1.50 five years ago. There's no reason for it to still be over $3.

Maybe I should stop driving cars that get single digit fuel mileage.

Five years ago was 2008, when the highest recorded gas prices ever were being charged. Gas was nationally averaging above $4.12 a gallon, and it was the first year since statistics were kept on this kind of thing that the U.S. consumed less gasoline than it had the previous year.

If you want to get back to $1.50/gal gas you need to go back to 2003 or earlier. Back then a barrel of crude was ~$30, now that same barrel's at ~$106. If oil companies were getting the same margin on refining and selling gas as they were getting in 2003, gas would be over $4.50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I pay around €1.36 per liter here in Belgium for diesel, and that's at discount unmanned places. Others range between €1.40 and €1.50, with highway stations being even higher. My average use is about 23km/l(55mpg) though.