Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I would love to see a revenge of Punch Out, but I don't think Arino could clear the rest of the game in 2 and a half hours. I still like my choice of Alex Kidd for a revenge challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I ended up drawing a pretty generic picture, but any busier and I think it'd be too much.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Looks simply amazing to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One of these days I should commission an AD Ginyu Force drawing. :allears:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
For a "generic" picture, that's just fantastic work and has a lot of nice detail and soul to it---quality work zari-gani!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
:stare:

It's a thing of beauty. I'll fight anyone that says otherwise.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

joek0 posted:

I would love to see a revenge of Punch Out, but I don't think Arino could clear the rest of the game in 2 and a half hours. I still like my choice of Alex Kidd for a revenge challenge.

Consider me as another voter for Punch-Out!, i think it would be excellent (It was considered for a live challenge before, so why not now?)

Also, not that its a huge deal, but the other game hasn't been subbed yet, so you may want to spoiler it (though i don't think anyone in here really cares, it does cut the tension a bit down).

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I voted for Punch Out because it's one of my top five episodes, and I'm hoping for a Nakayama vs. InokoMAX revenge match. Even though he doesn't appear in the Japanese game, maybe they could blow the budget hiring AD Mike Tyson.
Suddenly, that man appears.
"Could I play a life, Arino Thinya?"

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

One of these days I should commission an AD Ginyu Force drawing. :allears:

You don't have to give me money for that. Just name your ADs.

ETA: vvv With that hair, I think she should be Jeice.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 17, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Watanabe would be Guldo.

EDIT: Although Arino already called her Buu.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

kirbysuperstar posted:

This is Doom's chance to shine!

This is the only correct answer, and the one I suggested in my machine translated e-mail.

Look at me dead in the eyes and tell me that you don't want to see Arino's face photoshopped onto the cover art.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I would say Punch-Out!!, except I can't see any outcome other than him getting brutalized by Soda Popinski for two hours. And if, by some miracle, he somehow gets past him, Bald Bull will be waiting :unsmigghh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Novasol posted:

I would say Punch-Out!!, except I can't see any outcome other than him getting brutalized by Soda Popinski for two hours. And if, by some miracle, he somehow gets past him, Bald Bull will be waiting :unsmigghh:

Wait, he already beat Bald Bull. Wasn't Sandman after Popinski?

Just as thoroughly :unsmigghh:, of course. :v:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, he already beat Bald Bull. Wasn't Sandman after Popinski?

Just as thoroughly :unsmigghh:, of course. :v:

It's the Bald Bull rematch. If he somehow beats him, then Don Flamenco is waiting.

Rematch Don Flamenco does not gently caress around.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Novasol posted:

Rematch Don Flamenco does not gently caress around.

That's an ironic way of putting it considering a large part of Don 2 involves him loving around.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

I voted for Punch Out because it's one of my top five episodes, and I'm hoping for a Nakayama vs. InokoMAX revenge match. Even though he doesn't appear in the Japanese game, maybe they could blow the budget hiring AD Mike Tyson.
That was hilarious.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I ended up drawing a pretty generic picture, but any busier and I think it'd be too much.

That is one nice drawing. Simple, and shows that people from a lot of different countries like seeing the victory pose. Very nice!

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

If it plays out like this, I'll buy another seat just to hold my joy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E50sUAMRH0s

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

There's going to be a GCCX stage event at Tokyo Game Show. September 22 (Sunday), 1:30~ (approx 45 min) Bandai-Namco Games Booth main stage.

Hosted by Arino, Maruyama of G.Rev, and producer Itou of Bandai-Namco games. They'll show off the third game, and there may also be a game showdown between Arino and the staff.

The game's full title is "Game Center CX: Arino on Third Street." The title is a parody of a famous Japanese movie called "Always: Sunset on Third Street."

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

New TGS GCCX merchandise:

American comic book style phone case (1,260 yen)
Made of urethane.

Victorinox Swiss army knife (3,780 yen)
Small blade, scissors, slot head screwdriver, nailfile, tweezers, toothpick, keychain.

King memo block (1,050 yen)
70cm x 70cm. The case is reusable.

3-color pen with stylus (630 yen)

Logo & character face towel (1,260 yen)

"Game Center CX: The Movie" T-shirt (3,150 yen)

I want that Swiss army knife, so of course it's the most expensive thing.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I'd have thought they'd just send you one. After all, you literally designed one of the other pieces of merchandise.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

birdlaw posted:

I'd have thought they'd just send you one. After all, you literally designed one of the other pieces of merchandise.

They always send me anything that uses that my work, and they've sent me random small merchandise too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

"Game Center CX: Arino on Third Street."

This would be some pretty great Saints Row DLC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

This would be some pretty great Saints Row DLC.

-Arino in his Parappa attire-

"Saado street. Home. At least it was before I had to continue on the same stage 86 times. All I had to do was follow the drat train."

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

zari-gani posted:

There's going to be a GCCX stage event at Tokyo Game Show. September 22 (Sunday), 1:30~ (approx 45 min) Bandai-Namco Games Booth main stage.

Hosted by Arino, Maruyama of G.Rev, and producer Itou of Bandai-Namco games. They'll show off the third game, and there may also be a game showdown between Arino and the staff.

The game's full title is "Game Center CX: Arino on Third Street." The title is a parody of a famous Japanese movie called "Always: Sunset on Third Street."

Why does all the cool stuff always happen on my birthday?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

zari-gani posted:

You don't have to give me money for that. Just name your ADs.

ETA: vvv With that hair, I think she should be Jeice.

Tojima - Ginyu, obviously
Inoko MAX - Recoom, hahaha
Watanabe - Jeice (Didn't even think about it until you mentioned the hair)
Nakayama - The image of Guldo trying to bow gets me in stitches.
Not sure about the fifth, maybe Urakawa can be Burter?

This thought has lead me to consider Arino as Freiza, with Abe and Kibe as Zarbon and Dodoria. This has been the best mental derail of my week.:allears:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shinjobi posted:

Tojima - Ginyu, obviously
Inoko MAX - Recoom, hahaha
Watanabe - Jeice (Didn't even think about it until you mentioned the hair)
Nakayama - The image of Guldo trying to bow gets me in stitches.
Not sure about the fifth, maybe Urakawa can be Burter?

This thought has lead me to consider Arino as Freiza, with Abe and Kibe as Zarbon and Dodoria. This has been the best mental derail of my week.:allears:

Im pretty sure Tanii should be Dodoria

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
How can you leave Takahashi out :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey, I'm cool with other suggestions. I pulled the fifth off the top of my head, but I like Takahashi too.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

According to Kan's Twitter, they won't be selling it after all. No reason was given, but it's probably because of the stricter laws on knives/selling them.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I want that T-Shirt but they probably don't make it in a 2XL

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

zari-gani posted:

Noooooooooo we have tickets for Saturday. :negative:

We have no plans for Sunday, though, wonder if it would be worth swinging two days...

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86WLZysD0h0

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Is this from the translation zari-gani is working on? I thought I heard there was another person/group working on translating RGC2.

Either way, looks good so far. :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Obeast posted:

Is this from the translation zari-gani is working on? I thought I heard there was another person/group working on translating RGC2.

Either way, looks good so far. :)

The old RGC2 group is passing on the work we've done so far to him, my translations included. It'll be a collaborative effort.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011

yes please! make it happen!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Just in time for Halloween? Here's a detailed guide on how to get an Arino outfit.

http://jtgamer.tumblr.com/cosplayinggccx

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
^^^ That is awesome. I might have to do that if I end up attending a Halloween party this year (especially since I start my new job tomorrow/today).

zari-gani posted:

The old RGC2 group is passing on the work we've done so far to him, my translations included. It'll be a collaborative effort.
Gotcha! I don't the thread that much outside of episode releases (both translated and untranslated), so I tend to miss a lot of stuff. :shobon:

I hope it does eventually get finished since I imagine the finished product will be amazing to finally play in English. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 19, 2013

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm coming into a bit of money at the beginning of next year and getting that costume is one of the major things on my to-do list. I would just need help with the sizes and such. I'm 6'3" and generally wear a 1 or 2xl shirt (depending on the manufacturer), and I have no idea how that translates to Japanese sizes. Same with the pants.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
It's not that hard to find an appropriately orange tie, is it? :v:

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWTEEV4/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vlaphor posted:

I'm coming into a bit of money at the beginning of next year and getting that costume is one of the major things on my to-do list. I would just need help with the sizes and such. I'm 6'3" and generally wear a 1 or 2xl shirt (depending on the manufacturer), and I have no idea how that translates to Japanese sizes. Same with the pants.

You might have issues since 6'3" is almost unheard of in Japan, especially depending on how you're built. I'm 5'9" weighing just under 180 and clothes shopping during my 2.5 years in Japan was quite challenging; I pretty much had to shop at Uni Qlo and got LL sizes, so you're probably at least EL and probably even somewhere in that bottom row of sizes.